IC - 4 - At the Station - Everyone

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Re: IC - 4 - At the Station - Everyone

Post by Silver Priest »

Simon looks up the dates.
Occult 75,[dice]0[/dice]
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

There's nothing about these dates that jumps out at Simon. Obviously most dates have been associated with some saint's feast day or astrological phenomenon but even with a bit of online research Simon can't find anything special about these three dates from a religious or occult perspective.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd like to start the interviews as soon as possible," says Jocelyn to Kris. "Perhaps I could interview the mother, and Dr. Eagleton the father. I can bring in DS Bates, and he can take DC Burke. That way we can do both in parallel and save some precious time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"That works for me."
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,You'll need Kris's agreement. He might have views about using DC Burke.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

”I’m not sure Burke’s such a good idea,” replied Kris. “Frankly, he’s an idiot and by the sounds of it, he’s already got under the family’s skin...”

He paused and thought for a moment. “You can’t interview with a police officer present, so I’ll ask Lucy - DS Bates - to lean on him so he does the introductions then keeps his mouth shut. Does that sound ok?”
OOC,I hadn’t anticipated the research taking that long. I’d have preferred Kris to have been involved in the interviews but if he’s busy researching, that’s a non-starter. You live and learn!
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,Well, Simon did two research rolls as well, so I feel like we're still operating at roughly the same time?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We can just use a different officer if Burke's a problem," says Jocelyn. "You know the people in this station, so I'll leave that to your judgment."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Simon and Jocelyn will be ready first as Simon's second roll was more a knowledge roll than a research roll, so Kris can join one of them when he's done
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Before we go in I suggest we try and appear sympathetic," Simon offers. "By which I mean we wear a cross or the like. Let them think we're people of faith, even if that's not true. Chances are they'll feel more at ease-- cults tend to believe they're being persecuted, but if we go in and appear at least non threatening, they may relax enough to where we can get things out of them they might not reveal to a normal officer."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A good suggestion," says Jocelyn, removing her jacket so that her crucifix necklace is visible. "When we ask them about their church, we should do it in such a way that they think they might win a convert. They will probably be eager to tell us all about it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kris makes a call to DS Bates and within ten minutes she is walking through the door to the incident room in CID with DC Burke trailing behind her, his face like a thundercloud.

'Jesus Sapru, you haven't even interviewed the Balfours yet. Your research had better find something we can use.' She looks at Jocelyn and Simon, 'and you two had better get more out of the Balfours than him,' she says, looking sourly at Burke who gives a petulant look.

'I do have some good news, ANPR picked up a car matching the description of the white Astra, last seen near the Beaconsfield services on the M40 motorway towards London around 7pm, bad news is the plate is probably a fake, registered to a scrapped vehicle. It's not clear why ANPR didn't pick it up after that, I've sent some officers to check out the motorway services in case the car parked up there and we're checking out what happened to that scrapped car.'

'Miss Leigh, I understand you and me are going to talk to Mr Balfour, Dr Eagleton and Constable Burke will be questioning the wife. DC Sapru can join one of the interviews when he's done here.'
Kris,Which interview will Kris join when he's done? Also, [b]Kris[/b]'s forearms are feeling quite itchy and he starts scratching at them absent mindedly
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Jocelyn,Moving to this thread [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=469&t=7122[/url]
Simon,Moving to this thread [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=469&t=7123[/url]
Kris,Tell me what interview you want to join and I'll introduce you in the thread after a little while
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Kris takes a look at DS Bates’ face and decides that he’ll join Simon and PC Burke...
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Kris,You're moving here, [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=469&t=7123[/url], I'll let you know when you enter the room but you can read the thread
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,I actually think Mr. Handy wanted to interview the mother while I took the father. [url=https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/posting.php?mode=reply&f=469&t=7118#pr237800]As seen here.[/url] I'm fine going with it as is though since you already made the threads :) Though Simon may still have a few questions for the good reverend that he can hopefully ask later.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Ah feck, I'll swap you round. ETA done, timeline reintegrated, paradoxes resolved, nothing to see here!

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”