IC - 2 - Arrival - Jocelyn & Simon

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

IC - 2 - Arrival - Jocelyn & Simon

Post by Mephistophilis »

As Simon walks up to the police cordon a uniformed officer blocks his way, 'authorised personnel only I'm afraid sir'.

Jocelyn arrives at the police lines to see a civilian talking to the officer.

Simon clears his throat and speaks. 'Simon Eagleton.I'm to consult on this case.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC - 2 - Arrival - Jocelyn & Simon

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jocelyn walks up beside him, holding her ID in front of her. "Likewise," she says. "Jocelyn Leigh, MI5."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"A pleasure." Simon nods. "I was told to ask after you by a Mr. Munro who works for the Security Services. I'm a professor of psychology at Middlesex, I specialize in cases that involve fringe religious groups and extremism. I'm looking forward to being of service to the investigation."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Pleased to meet you too, Dr. Eagleton," says Jocelyn, holding out her free hand for a shake. "Mr. Munro told me you'd be coming, and I'm glad you're here." She shows her ID to the constable.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

The officer looks suspiciously at the ID, 'Wait here for a moment please'. He steps away and talks into his radio, his brow furrows and he seems to be having some kind of argument before he eventually walks back over. 'DS Bates is giving the press conference so I've been told to take you to see DC Sapru. Give me a moment to find someone to cover my post.'

Behind the officer you can see a press conference being convened. He sees you looking and ushers you closer so you can hear what is being said. The various reporters and news crews are crowded around. Standing at the front of the gathered police is a hard faced woman who introduces herself as Detective Sergeant Lucy Bates from the Thames Valley Police.

She explains that a five year old girl, Regina Balfour was kidnapped at 6.30pm from the shopping centre and shares a picture from the CCTV.

She also tells the press that one of the kidnappers attacked shoppers, including Regina's mother Sarah Balfour, but no one was seriously hurt. When the police arrived on the scene this kidnapper killed himself. They have not yet identified this man.

Jocelyn,Roll Luck
Unfortunately he had already handed Regina over to an accomplice waiting outside in what they think was a white hatchback, perhaps a VW Golf or Vauxhall Astra. They do not have a picture of the driver.

Regina has a number of health problems, including insulin dependent diabetes which is treated by an insulin pump. This will run out of medication In the next twenty four hours placing her life at extreme risk.

Det Sgt Bates makes a direct appeal to the kidnapper, 'I know you didn't intend for things to get this out of hand but Regina is going to become very sick very soon. Get in contact with us and we can get Regina back to her mum and dad who are worried sick. That is our only concern right now.'
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,We're moving to a new thread: [url]https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=469&t=7114[/url]

Return to “Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home”