Laura

Enter the haunted world of the classic television series. Become one of the residents of the Collinswood estate, and confront the endless mysteries that surround the Collins family.

Moderator: VictoriaSilverwolf

SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Re: Laura

Post by SunlessNick »

"What do you mean no one inside?" Maggie says half deliriously. "There was... is David all right? Burke?" (When she's a bit more with it, she'll thank Vix for helping her).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Burke was running from the cottage to get help," says Victoria. "He told us the Rose Cottage was on fire, and that David was still inside. We rushed over to get him out. The front door was locked, but I went around to the back door while Maggie tried to get him out through the window. Then Burke caught up with us and managed to pull David out of the cottage, but his mother was still inside. David's okay, but I...I don't think she got out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

The fire chief listens to Maggie and Victoria, and sends a couple of the firefighters back inside, now that it's safe, to check the interior again. Several minutes later, they return.

"Not a sign of anybody else," one says. "Not that I'm trying to be gruesome or anything, but once you've smelled burning human flesh, you'll never forget it. Not a trace of it inside."

"And that pile of ash," the other adds, "looks to be nearly pure carbon, at least as far as I can tell. That other woman must have escaped somehow. I'll put in a report with the cops."

As days go by, Maggie healing up nicely, it turns out that there is no sign of Laura anywhere near Collinsport.

"Took off on one of her unpredictable sojourns, I expect," Roger remarks, now that the shock of the fire is over.

David seems to have no memory whatsoever of Laura's recent visit. When discreetly asked about his mother, he says that she's in Arizona.

When fully recovered, Maggie discovers that the painting stored in the shed is gone, leaving only a small heap of ashes behind.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Spoiler:
Stay tuned for our next exciting episode.

Return to “Groovy Ghastly Affair: Dark Shadows (1967 timeline)”