The Ghost Lights

Enter the haunted world of the classic television series. Become one of the residents of Collinsport, and witness the beginning of the many curses to befall the Collins family.

Moderator: VictoriaSilverwolf

VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: The Ghost Lights

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

3d20

All three of those engaged in charitable activities are easily able to locate Barnabas and Sarah Collins who have, indeed, made little effort to avoid recognition whilst in residence here. Rather, it seems, they have not so much wished to escape notice, as to remove themselves from Collinsport for some other reason. The reception given to each is varying.

Upon spying Millicent Collins offering kindness and comfort to the poor and afflicted, Sarah Collins rushes out of some dark corner wherein she had been staying and embraces her warmly, with that honest display of emotion so common amongst children, and so rare amongst their elders.

"Dearest cousin," the child remarks, "I am pleased indeed to see you, but I must not be so selfish as to wish you to stay. I do not wish any harm to befall you."

In another place, Reverend Trask has come upon a weary and bedraggled Barnabas Collins, whose greeting is less enthusiastic.

"I knew I could not escape discovery forever, but I hoped to delay it long enough to ensure the safety of Collinsport and all who dwell therein. Has the curse passed, then? Is my family safe?"

Miss Winters comes upon Millicent and Sarah soon after their tender reunion. At the sight of her governess, the girl casts down her eyes and says "I am truly sorry to be so disobedient, but I had to come. Barnabas needs me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If by the curse you mean the St. Elmo's Fire phenomenon," says Reverend Trask, "it has followed you, first to Portland and now to Boston. Your family in Collinsport was safe when we left. I suspect the curse may be part of Angelique's final revenge. We will need to find some way to defeat it permanently. I can be of help there. Have you learned anything of the curse?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I understand," says Victoria. "I want to help you and Barnabas too. I wish you had explained the situation to me before. Please do so now. Why does Barnabas need you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:06 am
"If by the curse you mean the St. Elmo's Fire phenomenon," says Reverend Trask, "it has followed you, first to Portland and now to Boston. Your family in Collinsport was safe when we left. I suspect the curse may be part of Angelique's final revenge. We will need to find some way to defeat it permanently. I can be of help there. Have you learned anything of the curse?"
"Only that I am plagued by horrible visions whenever the lights appear by day. What bitter irony it is to seek the harmless nightmares that haunt one's sleep rather than the terrors of waking! It is only when dear Sarah is by my side that I am free of this agony. Perhaps if we were to journey westward, away from the sea, into the unexplored wilderness; but I fear that would avail me not, and subject Sarah to the dangers of savages and wild beasts."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Mr. Handy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:09 am
"I understand," says Victoria. "I want to help you and Barnabas too. I wish you had explained the situation to me before. Please do so now. Why does Barnabas need you?"
"It is as my brother has said. I must remain by his side, and I do not wish my family frightened by the lights, so we have left Colllinsport."
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

"I am overjoyed to see you safe," says Millicent to Sarah and Barnabas. "And I have faith that we shall find a way to free you from your troubles."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I shall try to break the curse," says Reverend Trask, "now that I know what we are dealing with and that it is centered around you. All of us must pray together to lift it, as it is a powerful one."

Using Exorcism.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victoria prays along with the Reverend and the others to lift the curse.

I'll use my Grace point if needed to reroll any failure.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
to see if the entities can resist the exorcism:d20
Not long after Reverend Trask performs the ceremony of exorcism, word comes from Boston Harbor that Saint Elmo's Fire is no longer seen amongst the various ships therein. It would appear that this particular evil has been banished whence it came. There is much relief seen upon the heretofore tortured countenance of Barnabas Collins, although a trace of worry can be read in the furrows that appear upon his brow.

"I am free from the burden of hellish visions," he remarks, holding his sister close to him, "yet how can I make my return to Collinsport, when I have brought such shame upon my family?"
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by SunlessNick »

"In time you may be reconciled with them." says Millicent. "Your father visited you during your great illness. Have faith."

I was sure I'd left a post saying that Milicent would join in the prayer and spend a Grace point if necessary.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Surely they will be grateful when you return Sarah, who is well thanks to your protection," says Reverend Trask. "I am confident that like the prodigal son, you will be forgiven and welcomed back."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I think it will all work out," says Victoria. "Angelique's witchcraft was responsible for the awful things that happened, and now she is no more. It may take some time, but I'm sure the divisions will heal. I'm so glad the curse is finally lifted."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
Be sure to tune in again for the next exciting episode!

Return to “Ghastly Affair: Dark Shadows (1795 timeline)”