Page 1 of 1

Chapter 4: Day Two

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 am
by HoneyDog
Monday 8th August, 1881

Approx. 8 am

Forby House

The next morning the companions arise to the sound of birdsong. However, the day is already oppressively hot, and given the disturbances of the night before, everyone is tired and irritable.

After washing and dressing the companions go downstairs to the dining room where a simple breakfast of porridge and toast is served. The meager fare doesn’t help the mood.

Harry Forby is sitting in his chair, nervously rearranging the cutlery. Other family members eye him warily. He looks frantically at the companions as they sit down.

“Was it another intruder?” he blurts out “Did you find any trace of him?”

Re: Chapter 4: Day Two

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:15 pm
by Philulhu
Vic glanced at the others before replying. ”It seems that there was someone outside the house last night, but they got away before we could find them,” she replied.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:17 pm
by HoneyDog
"I know that!" Forby snaps. "I want to know if you found anything!"

George looks down at his plate while Gertrude opens her mouth to say something, but thinks better of it.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:27 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry Brown looks grimly at Forby.'We searched the immediate area outside the house last night but found nothing. The dogs did not seem to notice anything untoward. We will search further afield today'. He takes a deep breath before addressing Forby directly, 'we did not get any more than the most fleeting look at the intruder, it would be helpful if you could tell us what you saw the last time'.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:59 pm
by Philulhu
Unhappy with Forby’s tone, Vic set her cutlery down with a bang and glared across the table.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:07 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I think he might have gotten inside the house," says Alexander. "I was awakened by a thump, like someone bumping into furniture."

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm
by aine
Isolde pushes her porridge away uneaten and ignores the stiff-looking toast. "Then we should go over the ground floor rooms to see if anything has been disturbed. There are the folios to examine and someone might walk down to the village; it's possible the intruder came from there." Her tone was suggestive that whoever did this last investigation it wasn't going to be her.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 pm
by HoneyDog
At Harry’s request, Forby looks down at the ground. Sweat is dripping freely from his brow.

“I...I cannot talk about that” he eventually manages.

“All of the doors and windows were locked” says Gertrude firmly, taking the attention away from her husband. “There’s no chance someone got in the house.”

Bates, standing in attendance, clears his throat. “I can attest to that” he says. "Everything was locked."

He glances at Harry with a cold eye.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:18 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry looks a little sheepish and says 'I must apologise to Mr Bates if I implied he might have overlooked locking the doors, I had not realised that the back door is secured with a bolt from the inside'. He looks at Forby in his sorry state, 'can you give us any insight who might want to prowl around your property at night? Perhaps Master George's story of the ghost has some relevance?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:26 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Perhaps we'll have better luck finding tracks in the daylight," suggests Alexander.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 am
by HoneyDog
Bates nods to Harry while George looks excited at the prospect of talking about ghosts. However, Forby curtly replies to Harry.

“If I knew who it was I would tell you. It’s probably someone from the village after the treasure. What do you all plan to do today?”

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'd like to take a look at the fireplaces in the house," says Alexander. "It's the best guess I can make about the answer to the riddle about Apollo's bower. Do any of the fireplaces have what might be considered an iron dog?"

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:03 am
by Philulhu
”I will take a look at the folios,” said Vic shortly, still annoyed at the way Forby had spoken to her.
OOC,Given the opportunity, [b]Vic[/b] will also try to speak [b]Mrs Forby[/b] about her husband and [b]George[/b] about his ghosts.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 pm
by Mephistophilis
"I would like to have a further look around the grounds, particularly the ice house and quarry" says Harry. "We saw an interesting image when visiting the mausoleum that suggested some kind of hollow or impression in the grounds, I was wondering if you knew anything about it?" He drops his voice and whispers to Forby, "there is also a more delicate matter". "I must ask, has anyone looked inside the sarcophagus in their search for the treasure?"

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:14 pm
by aine
Isolde waits to see if anyone answers this probing question. Afterwards she says,
"I think it would be worth while investigating the paranormal levels in the house; just to discount the ghost theory of course. I could do with an assistant to carry my equipment." She glances surreptitiously at young George.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:04 am
by HoneyDog
“Iron dog?” says Gertrude. “You must mean the andirons in the fireplaces, for holding the logs. I think every fireplace has them.”

“Hollow?” says Forby to Harry. “Ah, you must mean the place where the casting pit was. My grandfather used it for pouring metal to make his sculptures. I don’t know how he did it exactly, no-one does now. As for the sarcophagus, no, we didn’t look inside.”

He thinks for a moment, and nods.

“You have my permission. I trust you to be delicate in the matter. And of course, you should have a look at the ice house if you wish. As far as the quarry goes, you would need someone to guide you there.”

George looks very excited at the prospect of ghosts.
OOC,Library investigations will of course need successful Library Use rolls.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, that must be it," says Alexander. "I suppose I'll have to examine all of the fireplaces, then, which will take some time. But either the treasure or another clue leading toward it must be found in one of them. Perhaps something is hidden in one of the flues, or behind a loose brick."

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm
by aine
Isolde' eyes flash. "There is your iron dog, Alexander; the casting pit where the metal was melted down to cast the statues! There must have been some sparks flying!"

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:31 pm
by Mephistophilis
'That's quite a thought Miss Beauchant' laughs Harry 'but how does that fit with "Apollo's bower"? I do not recall any laurels in our searches yesterday. I still wonder about the bay laurels at the front of the house, have they been here for a long time Mr Forby? He thinks for a moment, 'I think Mrs Forby may have the truth of it, do any of the fireplaces back onto the front of the house where the laurels are?'

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:59 pm
by HoneyDog
“A long time” mutters Forby, looking interested. “As for the casting pit, it was filled in a long time ago. I’ve never interfered with it.”

“Oh, I think there’s several upstairs, and there’s this room, plus the sitting room” says Gertrude.

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:53 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's start with the one here," says Alexander. He goes over to examine the fireplace.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:08 am
by Philulhu
As everyone else crowds around the fireplace, Vic quietly makes her excuses and heads towards the library to study the folios.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 am
by HoneyDog
Alexander,What is he looking for specifically?
Vic,Roll Library Use.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:53 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm looking for any secret or hidden compartments that might contain either the emerald or another clue that could lead to it. Maybe there's a loose brick or something. I'd also want to check the flue to see if anything's hidden there. I'll use a lantern to provide light.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:21 am
by HoneyDog
Alexander,Roll Spot Hidden and 1d3 to see how long the search takes.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:04 am
by Mr. Handy

Alexander spends a little while searching, but he finds nothing.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (67% skill) searching the fireplace: [dice]0[/dice] Length of search: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:04 am
by Philulhu
Vic settled down in library, trying to tune out the chatter from the dining room and got to work studying the folios.
OOC,Library Use (50%) - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:16 am
by Mephistophilis
'While you look around the house I will take a stroll in the grounds' says Harry and he heads off towards the ice house.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 pm
by aine
Isolde excuses herself from the breakfast table and begs the assistance of young George. Then she gives him a box to carry. "With these crystals we can map the energy lines that run through the house. Where they intersect is where we are most likely to see heightened paranormal activity. Such as ghosts." She adds as she starts to place the crystals at prominent corners.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:01 am
by HoneyDog
Alexander,Alexander takes a good look at the fireplace, but can find nothing.
Vic,Vic tries to find something of interest among the scores of books, but the heat and her wounded pride ruin her concentration.
Harry,Harry walks up the slope behind the house and soon enough, he arrives at the ice house on the other side of the hill from the mausoleum. It is a small structure built deep into the northern side. If Harry tries the door, he finds that it opens easily.
Isolde,George is allowed to assist Isolde, and he happily chats as he helps her lay out the crystals. Prompted about ghosts, he describes stories he’s read in his books, and the local legend of a green man, which sounds pretty much like every other green man story you might care to hear in England.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:37 am
by Philulhu
Vic sighed and pushed the folios away. Her studies weren’t producing results and her head was pounding.

Standing up, she made her way to the kitchen. ”Could I trouble anyone for a drink?” she asked.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:23 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry walks around the far side of the hill behind the house. Set in the north slope is a small ice house. He tries the door and finds it opens easily and he steps inside lighting the lamp he has brought with him from the house.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:41 pm
by aine
Whilst Isolde hangs the crystals so that they sparkle in the sunlight and send beams through the lazy motes, she asks George whether he has seen any ghosts and if the local people have a Green Man festival.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank ye kindly," says Alexander. "I'll have one before I search the next fireplace."

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:23 am
by HoneyDog
Vic is offered a refreshing cup of tea by Connie, and frustrated by his failure to find anything in his search, Alexander joins her.
Vic & Alexander,You can take one more action before lunch.

Inside the ice house, Harry peers around. It's a small space, and as can be imagined, is very cold, with blocks of ice covering the floor. The whole room is very damp and wet.

"Oh no, I've never seen a ghost" says George. His face falls. "I don't know about any festival either. But there most be a ghost, mustn't there? Maybe the ghost wants the treasure."

He perks up again, but this time his voice drops.

"Would you like to see a secret?" he tells Isolde.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:38 am
by Mephistophilis
Harry takes a quick look around the interior of the ice house and in the absence of anything catching his eye he shuts it up and goes looking for Old Fred to guide him to the quarry.

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:43 am
by Philulhu
Vic looked over to Alexander as she sipped her cup of tea. ”Nothing so far,” she said wryly.

”Do you think we are missing something with this ‘iron dog’ reference?”

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Nae, lass," says Alexander, "it must be referring to the andirons. What we seek is in one of these fireplaces. I must have just started with the wrong one." After tea, he resumes his search.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (67% skill) searching the fireplaces: [dice]0[/dice] Length of search: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:25 pm
by Philulhu
Feeling refreshed, if albeit briefly, Vic returned to the library. With a sigh, she began again to study the titles on the bookshelves, looking for anything that would give them a clue as to what was happening at the house.
OOC,Library use (50%) - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:06 am
by HoneyDog
Fred is busy with garden and unwilling to guide Harry. However he provides directions, and a word of warning.

“On the other side o’ the mausoleum, go down the hill and through the spinney. It’ll talk about half an hour for a feller like you. Be careful! The sides of the quarry are crumbling, and there’s water. If ye fall in, ye won’t get out. If yer not back in two hours, we’ll come lookin’ for yer.”

Alexander returns to the fireplace and examine the andiron. After an extensive examination, he can conclude that the dining room fireplace has no hidden surprises or secrets.

Vic is still unable to locate anything relevant.
OOC:   Vic still needs to locate the relevant books before she can start examining them.  

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 am
by Philulhu
OOC,OK, I’ve amended my original post.
Having gone around the shelves again, Vic was no further forward. She was hot and bothered and was seriously contemplating going to find a lake and going for a swim, although she suspected Mr. Forby and his brother-in-law would probably not approve.

Fanning her brow, she wandered back through to the dining room, where Dr. Campbell was examining the fireplace. ”Are you having any luck?” she enquired.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:13 am
by Mephistophilis
A little unsettled by Fred's warning Harry thanks him and heads past the mausoleum and through the trees to take a look at the quarry. He is pleased to be outside on such a hot day but still finds himself sweating uncomfortably in the sun.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:08 pm
by aine
"Houses like this always have ghosts but often the ghosts are very secretive." Isolde replies and then drops her voice. "oo, yes please." She whispers conspiritorially.

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:49 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Not yet," says Alexander. "I'm certain there's nothing hidden in this fireplace, but at least I've eliminated it. I'll just have to move on to the next one."

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:47 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,We'll have to finish up Isolde's and Harry's stories before lunch.
George looks around to check that they’re not being watched, and then beckons for Isolde to follow. He leads her out the back door and heads towards the stables, making sure that they are not seen.

Once inside, George heads beyond the stalls containing the horses and brings Isolde to a small cage, containing a ferret.

“I trapped him” George says earnestly. “I want to be a doctor when I grow up, so I’m learning about anatomy through dissection. When I get over this cold, I’ll operate.”

He turns to Isolde. “I can’t get rid of this cold. I think Mother might confine me to bed again. If that happens, could you feed him for me? Fred is supposed to, but he’s old and he forgets.”

Harry sweats freely as he tramps through the undergrowth. The spinney has been left to go wild and it is tiring in the extreme heat. Still, the sound of the birds and insects is soothing.
Harry,Roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:10 am
by Mephistophilis
Harry Spot Hidden: 60%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 am
by HoneyDog
Harry,After a while, Harry arrives at the site of the quarry. As Fred describes, it is clearly a dangerous spot, and Harry is well-advised to stay clear of the quarry edges. This is not a spot one would want to visit in the darkness. Adjacent is what looks like a hut which is in a bad state of disrepair, almost overgrown by vegetation. Apart from this, there is no signs of life or of recent usage.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:45 am
by Mephistophilis
After much scrabbling and sweating Harry arrives at the edge of the quarry. He peers gingerly over the steep edge and quickly backs away. He sits on a rock for a moment and mops his brow. Taking out his pocket watch he sees it is nearly lunchtime. As he turns to leave he notices a tumbledown hut off to the side of the quarry. 'No point coming all this way and not taking a look' he mumbles to himself and starts to investigate among the encroaching weeds.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 pm
by HoneyDog
Harry,Harry enters the doorway of the hut. It is in very bad repair, and as he looks around in the gloom, it is obvious that this place was abandoned a long time ago. [ooc]Roll Spot Hidden.[/ooc]

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:37 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry Spot Hidden: 60%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 pm
by aine
Isolde wrinkles her nose at the smell of caged ferret. "Er, well caught." She says lamely but she's met with worse in her years as a governess. "What does he like to eat, George? Worms? Or is he more a bread-and-milk kind of fellow?"

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:49 am
by HoneyDog
Harry,Harry can make something out in the corner of the hut, a heap of cloth or something. Looking closer, it seems to be a burlap sack, fashioned to fit over a torso. He also uncovers a hideous mask, with a pair of jutting fangs, and mud-covered animal-skin paws made to fit over human hands. [ooc]Roll Natural History[/ooc]
Isolde,“Worms!” George says happily. “Oh, thanks awfully!” “George!” comes a call from outside. “It’s lunchtime soon! Where are you?” “I’d better go” says George “See you later!” He scampers away.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:05 am
by Mephistophilis
Harry Natural History: 10%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 am
by Mephistophilis
Harry pauses to roughly sketch what he sees. He lightly handles the mask to investigate what it is made from and returns it to its resting place. He tries to cover up any signs he was there and turns to return to the house glancing warily about him on the trek back.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:43 am
by HoneyDog
The hot and tired investigators meet again in the dining room. George has developed the sniffles and is warned that after lunch he will be confined to his room. At hearing this, he casts a meaningful look at Isolde.

Lunch is again a simple and unappetizing fare. The invalid Forby, who is looking paler and more withdrawn than before, is fed liver, much to his dismay. He also expresses his distaste for the lack of progress on the part of the investigators, reserving particular ire for Alexander.

“Dash it man! What am I paying you for? Are you making a fool of me?”

His eyes look feverish. The others family members try not to meet his gaze.

Halfway through the meal, a very sweaty and tired Harry appears.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 am
by Mephistophilis
'My apologies' says Harry, 'I became a little sidetracked down by the quarry'. He looks around the room to see if there is any reaction to this from Forby, his family, or any staff in the room such as Bates.
OOC,If there are no staff in the room Harry will casually slide his notepad over to Forby and ask him if he recognises any of the items he has drawn. If there are staff he will wait until they have left the room.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:45 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC:   Bates is in the room, as is Gertrude, Forby and George.  
Harry's announcement stirs no reaction from anyone.

"Please be seated, sir" Bates tells him.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:48 pm
by Mephistophilis
'How have the investigations been going?' asks Harry.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:41 pm
by Philulhu
Vic glanced warily at Forby before she spoke. ”I’m still going through the books in the library but I haven’t found anything yet.”

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:56 pm
by Mephistophilis
'How about you Dr Campbell? says Harry. 'After luncheon I have a little task I would appreciate your assistance with. Then I thought I might investigate the carriage house, stable, and dairy unless anyone else has already taken a look?'

Harry decided that he would talk to Alexander after the meal about what he had found at the quarry. Now did not seem like the time to tip off anyone else in the house about his discovery until he had the chance to show his sketches to Mr Forby in private.

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:50 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'm certain what we seek is in one of the fireplaces," says Alexander, "but I havena found the right one yet. I just have to keep searching them all until I find it, unless there's some way to narrow it down to a particular room or area. Aye, I can help you with a little task, so long as it willna take too long."

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:07 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Only one fireplace marked on that map!  

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:25 pm
by aine
"As standard practice for The Seekers of Enlightenment, I have assessed the energy levels of the house and they seem perfectly normal; there is some slightly raised paranormal activity but this is to be expected in a house of this age.
I'm also tempted to test the levels in some of the outbuildings." Isolde says as she picks over her lunch. She says nothing about George, not wanting to get him into any trouble, but does give him a wink.
She tries to see Harry's sketches without seeming too obvious and then says,
"Vic, I can help you with the libary this afternoon if you wish."

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:29 am
by HoneyDog
OOC:   It’s not realistic for a house that size to only have one fireplace. Expect to see one in every major room. For a clue, go back to the posts in Day One.  
After lunch is finished, the investigators go about their business. Harry takes Alexander aside so that he can talk to him privately.

Meanwhile, Vic and Isolde head to the library to find the location of relevant information.
OOC:   Library Rolls please!  

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:48 am
by Mephistophilis
Harry says to Alexander 'I did genuinely want your help opening the sarcophagus in the mausoleum, but I also found some items at the quarry'. He shows Alexander the sketches he made of the mask and gloves, 'there was also a sack that seemed to have been adapted to wear over the torso. I think somebody is playing games with Mr Forby. We need to show these to him to get his reaction, I suspect this might be what he saw that night. But we must not tip off anyone else in the house in case they're involved'.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:04 am
by Philulhu
Vic followed Isolde back to the library. ”Hopefully we’ll have more luck with two us looking,” she said.

She closed her eyes and rolled her shoulders, mentally preparing herself for the task ahead.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 am
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Bay laurels vs bay windows flanking the fireplace?  

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:43 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, we can do that," says Alexander. "Considering his mood, I wouldna expect his reaction to be a good one, but we can try."

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:50 pm
by aine
Isolde takes a turn around the room and finishes at the painting of Nicholas Forby. She looks carefully at the moulding to see the design. She then takes a folio and starts leafing through it. "Did we find out what happened to Mr Forby's father? And did the grandfather build this house? It's about the right age." She asks Vic.
Spot hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
Library roll,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:15 am
by HoneyDog
OOC:   No more hints! But it pays to read closely.  
Isolde sees that the frame molding seems to be made of what could be lead.

Vic meanwhile finds something interesting – the Forby family bible. On the flyleaf, the following is written:

Nicholas Forby – Alison Sperring
(1775-1842) (1790-1851)

Aleister Forby – Rhoda Trevellan
(1826 – 1854) (1813 – 1866)

Harold Forby – Gertrude Meddler
(1850 - ) (1852-)

George Forby
(1871-)

OOC:   You can both make another Library Use roll.  

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:47 pm
by Philulhu

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:23 pm
by aine
"What an odd material to use for a picture frame; it's so heavy, what would be the point? I must tell Alexander." Isolde murmurs as she pulls out another folio.
Library,[dice]0[/dice] success

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:35 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,The search for the folios and their perusal will take the rest of the day, unless Vic and Isolde get additional help from the other characters. There is still more to be found with successful Library Use rolls. I won’t reveal the whole contents at once, but pace them out a little to give you time to think about it. We will also have to wait for Harry and Alexander to discuss their plans.
Finally, some major success. Isolde locates Nicholas’ folios, a dozen books in total. She sorts them into three distinct periods of his life.

The early volumes range from around 1789 until 1817, and are filled with sketches and plans of his work and his writing – discussions of his works and philosophy, which seems to be a passionate rendered blend of atheistic cynicism and fatalism. As he becomes more successful, especially with his ceilings, a mystery malady begins to plague him. He complains of “painful and disparate’ fits of lethargy, alternating with frenetic fits of energy, in which he works like a man possessed. At length these fits become so bad, bringing him to the edge of madness, that he is forced to leave off work and retire to the country.
OOC,You can roll Chemistry.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:27 am
by Mephistophilis
'See if you can arrange a meeting between Mr Forby and the two of us' says Harry to Alexander.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:12 pm
by Philulhu
OOC,Chemistry (01%) - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:15 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I'll see if he will," says Alexander. "He's none too fond of me at the moment, but I'll give it a go." He heads off to find Forby.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:50 pm
by aine
"It says here that he did ceilings. Maybe frescos ? I think we should look at the ceilings here a bit more carefully. Maybe they've painted over them. It also sounds like he licked his brushes too often; he went mad in the end." Says Isolde behind a pile of folios.
Chemistry,01, [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:05 am
by Philulhu
Vic looked up the ceiling. ”Do you think it was something in the paint that affected Nicholas Forby?” she asked.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:43 am
by HoneyDog
Vic,No – it occurs to Vic that she’s read about this before. The symptoms are identical with those of lead poisoning – this must have been the material that Forby worked with.
The investigators skim through the middle books in the series of folios, which range from around 1817 to 1825. The bulk is of sketches and notes on his work, but the location is new. Nicholas, his wife Alison and their servant Bains live quietly at Forby House, and Nicholas partly recovers his health. His friend, artist Christopher Lehman, is a frequent visitor. Nicholas notes that he now uses bronze for his ceilings, and uses a casting pit at the back of the house to make statues.

But his health begins to deteriorate again, and he loses the use of his legs. Bains becomes “indispensable” – Nicholas calls him “my limbs”, and insists that Bains be included in a portrait of him that Christopher paints. Nicholas sketches the frame he makes for the portrait. His philosophy becomes darker in the face of persistent pain and disability. He also notes finding a secret passage from which he can observe other rooms, particularly those of Alison and Christopher.

An entire section has been cut from the end of the last of these middle books, some time ago it would appear.
OOC,You can roll Psychology for an insight on Nicholas.

Alexander
goes upstairs and knocks at Forby’s bedroom door. Gertrude answers, her face brightening when she sees him.

“Yes, Doctor” she says softly. “What can I do for you?”

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:29 am
by Philulhu
”A secret passage,” said Vic, quietly. “I wonder if that still exists?” She glanced at the walls, wondering if there were any passages hidden behind.

OOC,Psychology (50%) - [dice]0[/dice] [strike]Spot Hidden (25%) - [dice]1[/dice]
[/strike]

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:15 pm
by HoneyDog
Vic,If Vic is reading the folios, she won't be able to perform other actions. The library is a big room, it would take hours to search it like that. Best to stick to one action at a time.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:53 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Mrs. Forby," says Alexander. "Harry and I would like to meet with your husband privately about some evidence he has found at the quarry: a mask, gloves, and a sack designed to be worn over the body. They most likely belonged to the intruder, whom he suspects may have been here all along. That's why he doesn't want to alert anyone else, in case one of the servants was involved."

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:51 pm
by aine
"Oo, a secret passage, how exciting! I noticed the same mouldings on the hallway cornicing as on the picture frame; the paint was peeling off. Why did he use bronze and lead I wonder. Do you think something was happening between Alison and the artist, Vic?" Isolde asks as there was only the two women in the room.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 pm
by Philulhu
OOC,OK, I’ve struck out the search if Vic wouldn’t have had time to do it.
Vic glanced around and said quietly, ”Nicholas Forby used the secret passage to spy on his wife and friend. We might want to be careful what we say, as we don’t know who’s listening.”

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:42 am
by HoneyDog
Gertrude’s hand goes to her mouth in shock.

“The servants? That’s not possible!” she exclaims.

Glancing behind her, she leaves the room and closes the door.

“None of them would be involved in such a vile scheme, I’m sure of it. It must be someone else!”
Vic,From these writings, Vic can sense that Nicholas is increasingly paranoid when discussing Christopher and Alison.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, ye may be right," says Alexander. "Still, best not to say anything in front of them. Ye know how they like to gossip. One word in the wrong ears, and whoever is responsible may find out what we know."

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:25 am
by HoneyDog
Gertrude is hesitant.

“Do you really think he should see it?” she asks. “It might upset him further, and his condition could get worse.”
Alexander,If you want to pursue this, you'll have to roll Persuade to convince Gertrude.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:35 pm
by Philulhu
Continuing in a low voice, Vic drew Isolde’s attention to the folios. “It looks as if Nicholas suspected his wife was having an affair with Christopher Lehman.”

She glanced around to make sure they weren’t being overheard and spoke in a still lower voice, “That begs the question of who the father was of any children carried by Alison Forby. Might that be linked to current events, somehow?”

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:02 pm
by aine
Isolde nodded and replied quietly, "I think the affair is quite likely; artists are notorious after all. And I suppose the dates might mean that Aleister Forby could be Lehman's son but if this is an inherited mental disease, which it could be, then Nicklaus was the father after all. It's all conjecture; we could do with finding out more about the family."

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, well, Harry thought he ought to ken about it," says Alexander. "If he learns we've found something out and kept it from him, that could have a worse effect than telling him would. And ye could be with us if ye like, to keep him calm."
OOC,Persuade roll (62% skill) to convince [b]Gertrude[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:16 am
by HoneyDog
Vic and Isolde come to the last part of the books, from around 1826 to 1842, picking up six months after the last remaining date in the previous book. Nicholas records that he has just recovered from an illness that brought him close to “death or madness” and pays tribute to Bains for having “rescued me from the pit of Hell by his constancy and readiness of action in my time of need”. His only child, Aleister, is born very shortly after the diary recommences. The statue of Icarus is now on the front lawn, and the casting pit has been filled in.

In his last years, Nicholas’ attention turns to creating the mausoleum. The books are filled with increasingly grotesque and irreligious sketches as he becomes obsessed with pain and death. The mausoleum occupies him until he weakens and cannot leave his bed. The final pages of the book are covered with sketches of works he did not live to create.

The last entry is as follows, and is recorded on the night of his death:

“I am tired of life, yet life will not quit me. The hot passions of my youth seem so vast, so distant, as if the deeds of another man.

Christopher, I long to see you again. I must have death.”

Yet written beneath this is something else, in a heavy, clumsy, irregular hand entirely unlike that of Nicholas.

“Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?”

Gertrude hesitates again.

“Very well, I’ll see what he says.”

She goes into the room and Alexander can hear her and Forby talking.

Soon she comes back.

“He’ll see you” she says.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:31 pm
by Philulhu
Vic shivered as she read the final passage, feeling goosebumps on the back of her neck. Again, she glanced around to make sure they were alone, before pointing it out to Isolde. ”Do you think Christopher Lehman had some sort of hold over Nicholas Forby?” she asked.

”And what do you make of the final passage? ‘Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?’ What on earth can that mean?”

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Mrs. Forby," says Alexander. He fetches Harry and goes with him to meet with Forby.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:10 pm
by HoneyDog
Forby is sitting up in bed. He looks pale and tired.

"You have something to show me?" he asks.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:26 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry shows him the sketches. 'Do any of these look familiar Mr Forby?'

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:05 am
by HoneyDog
Forby stiffens and sweat begins to bead on his forehead.

“Yes…” he stammers. “That could be what I saw.”

He collapses back on his pillows.

“So someone is trying to destroy me” he gasps. “Not content with the treasure! They wish the end of me!”

He begins to sob as Gertrude moves in to comfort him.

“You’d best leave now” she tells the investigators.
Vic & Isolde,You can roll English for insights into the folio.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:24 am
by Philulhu
OOC,Own Language - English (75%) - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:23 pm
by aine
English,[dice]0[/dice]
"Hmm, more quotes perhaps? Let me think. He's had a classical education but where did he get these dark and grotesque ideas from?
The poor man seems almost possessed. I think you could be right; certainly it seems like someone or something, maybe Nicolas, has a hold over him.
Does he connect his own brush with death with Icarus who flew too close? Why does he long for death?" Isolde looks around at the books for inspiration.

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:14 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Dr Campbell, perhaps you could assist me with our other task in the mausoleum' Harry whispers to Alexander on the way out. 'We need to think about the implications of this, who could be trying to scare Forby and why?'

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, let's go," replies Alexander, following Harry.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:18 am
by HoneyDog
A couple of points occur to the Vic and Isolde:

There is no mention in these last books, apart from that last page, of Christopher Lehman. Did some event – unrecorded – sunder that friendship?

Also, Nicholas makes several references to a manuscript in which he recorded the details of his pressed ceilings and bronze technique, but it cannot be found. It is either lost or held elsewhere.
Vic & Isolde,You can make another English roll.
Harry and Alexander set out for the mausoleum. They enter, finding the same disconcerting place they encountered the day before. They look at the grotesque tomb, gathering their strength.
Harry & Alexander,A successful Strength roll of 30 will open the lid of the tomb.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"What we need is a lever," says Alexander. "A metal bar or something of the sort. That will make up for my lack of strength, though ye have plenty of it." Once he finds something suitable, he helps Harry try to open the sarcophagus without damaging anything.
OOC,STR roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:54 am
by HoneyDog
It takes more time, but Harry secures an iron pry bar from Old Fred. They try again.
OOC,Let's see if Harry can manage it too. The delay means that you won't be able to achieve any more tasks before dinner. Your combined strength plus the pry bar means you need to roll a 60.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:24 am
by Philulhu
OOC,Own Language - English (75%) - [dice]0[/dice] Is there a public library where we might find out some additional information about Lehman? Or could we get some information from contacts in London?

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 am
by Mephistophilis
Harry presses down on the pry bar with all his strength.
OOC,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:00 pm
by HoneyDog
Slowly, the lid creaks open, revealing a dusty but ornate coffin. It takes a few minutes but the lid of this is unscrewed and laid aside.

Inside, clad in mouldering garments, is a skeleton.
Harry & Alexander,You can both make Medicine and Spot Hidden rolls.
Vic & Isolde,There are of course libraries in London you could visit. Would Vic know anyone who might have knowledge about him?

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:24 pm
by Philulhu
Vic,Probably not. She was thinking more about finding a copy of Who’s Who or Debrett’s People of Today, or even visiting the Royal Academy of Arts.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:57 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry peers inside.
OOC,Spot Hidden 60% [dice]0[/dice], Medicine 5% [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm
by Mr. Handy

Medicine is not Alexander's field, but he does notice something.
OOC,Medicine roll (5% base skill): [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden roll (67% base skill): [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:51 am
by HoneyDog
Vic,Those are all possible courses of action should you want to take them.
Alexander,Something catches Alexander’s eye. He peers closely at the neck of the corpse, and sees flecks of a green substance that doesn’t look like cloth.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:57 am
by Philulhu
Vic tapped the page where Christopher Lehmann was last mentioned. ”He seems to play a role in all of this, yet there is a gap and we don’t know what he did in the intervening years.”

She drummed her fingers on the page for a moment or two, as she thought about their options. “I think we need to find our more about Mr. Lehmann. We could make enquiries at the Royal Academy, or see if he is listed in Who’s Who or Debretts. Unless there is a public library nearby, we might have to return to London. Unless the society has a contact there who could look for us?”

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:05 am
by Mephistophilis
'Well it looks like this was a dead end, I cannot see anything out of the ordinary' says Harry.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:25 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Not quite," says Alexander, collecting a sample of the green flecks on the corpse's neck. "Whatever this is, it isna cloth. I'll have to do some chemical analysis to identify it. Odd that it's about his neck. It's possible he may have been strangled, depending on what this was." He examines the neck to see if there is any sign of damage or bruising, bringing a lantern close to it.

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:42 pm
by aine
"Good idea. We can probably send off for general information; the Seekers have a contact at the library who can help us if she's available; she's often away though. That will help us for now and then we can formulate a specific enquiry that one of us may have to go back to London for.
I'm also interested in Aleister and what happened to the family afterwards." Replied Isolde.
Honeydog,Is it okay to assume that? I've added a get out clause if necessary;)

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:29 am
by HoneyDog
Unfortunately, Alexander lacks the medical training to determine whether the body was the victim of foul play.
OOC,It's a skeleton, so only the bones can be examined. The green flecks can be examined with the right equipment back at the house. Alexander will be able to set this up - a successful Chemistry roll will be able to tell him what they are. Isolde & Vic, It's a bit of an assumption... tell you what, if you telegram Percy, he could look. You'll need a successful Luck roll though to catch him. Otherwise there will be a delay in his reply.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:05 pm
by Philulhu
Vic sat down at the writing desk and pulled some notepaper from one of the from one of the pigeonholes. Picking up a fountain pen she quickly scribbled out a message, ‘Need all you can find on artist Christopher Lehmann from 1817 to 1851. Please telegraph if information exists but send details post restante to GPO, Staines.”

”1817 covers the time from the beginning of the journals up to the death of Mr Forby’s grandmother. With Mr. Forby’s grandfather gone, there might have been a resumption of whatever he suspected may have gone on between Lehmann and his wife,” Vic said quietly. ”If there is any information, I think it better not to be sent here, just in case it goes astray.”

“What do you think? Will that suffice?”
She asked Isolde.
OOC,GPO - General Post Office.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"A medical doctor might be able to tell more about how he died," says Alexander. "Let's get back to the house so I can set up a lab and analyse the green substance."

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:30 pm
by aine
"Well done, Vic. That should do it; hopefully Mrs Craddock will be there and that will save us at least two days of sitting on a sweltering train; it's hot here but London would be far worse. We could walk down to the post office and get it in the last post; let's just finish this last pile of papers first." Isolde is buoyed by the idea of a walk even through the heat and she picks up the next sheet of paper.
English,[dice]0[/dice] just realised I don't have any languages. I'm sure I picked at least French and English as Isolde was a governess.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:41 pm
by Philulhu
OOC: Isolde,I think we’re trying to contact Percy? Luck roll to contact Percy (60%) - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:49 am
by HoneyDog
Isolde & Vic,A letter will take days to arrive – send a telegram. If you succeed on a Luck roll, Percy will be able to act on it immediately. If not, it will take longer. You can’t have another member working at a library. There’s no time for anymore actions now before dinner. The post office in the village will be closed until tomorrow. You can resume activities after dinner if you wish.
Isolde realizes another thing about the folios. The first mention of Icarus in the records is after Nicholas’ illness. It seems that the missing manuscript covers the period in which the statue was created.

Alexander and Harry return to the house and set up the necessary equipment Alexander thinks they need. It takes a while, but the kitchen seems to have what they want.
Alexander & Harry,Roll Chemistry. This will be your last actions before dinner.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:50 am
by Philulhu
”I think we have done all we can for today,” said Vic to Isolde, glancing at the clock above the mantle. “I desperately need a wash and some clean clothes. This heat is stifling.”
OOC,Vic will head upstairs to wash, change and prepare for dinner.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:28 pm
by aine
"First thing in the morning for the telegram then, that will give Percy most of the day at the library." Isolde agrees with Vic and follows her up to the room to prepare for another unappetising dinner.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Alexander tries to identify the substance, but it defies analysis.
OOC,Chemistry roll (56% skill) analyzing the green substance: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 am
by Mephistophilis
Mr Handy,Alexander? Harry didn't even try with his lack of Chemistry

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:19 pm
by HoneyDog
Dinner is served at 6pm. As usual, it is an unappetizing fare, made with the ailing Harry Forby in mind. Cold boiled beef is served with cabbage and parsnips, followed by bread and butter pudding.

Forby again is served liver, to his annoyance. He is obviously suffering; he is pale and wan, and seems disinterested or unable to concentrate much on the people around him. Gertrude is present, as is Bates in attendance. George is absent, confined to his bed, but Lieutenant Meddler has returned from his trip to London, and he is eager to hear about the companions’ investigations.

“I say” he declares. “What news do you fellows have? Have you found anything about what's going on?”
Isolde,Roll Luck.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:17 pm
by Philulhu
”Isolde and I have spent a good part of the day in the library, trying to find out more about Nicholas,” said Vic. “We have some more work to do though, so I don’t wish to say to much just yet.”

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 pm
by aine
Isolde nods to support Vic's statement, she also thinks that she must remember to feed the ferret after dinner.
Luck,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're making some progress," says Alexander. "I believe the treasure is hidden in one of the fireplaces based on the clue, but the one I searched didna have it. There are still plenty of fireplaces left, though. Harry found clothing apparently left by whoever's been sneaking about. We also took a look at the mausoleum. There were flecks of a green substance about Nicholas Forby's neck, but I couldna identify it. Do ye know how he died?"
OOC,Oops. :oops: Got my characters from this game and Hollow Earth Expedition mixed up again. I fixed it.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:20 am
by Mephistophilis
At the mention of the clothing Harry gives Alexander a kick under the table and looks at those in the room for a reaction to the news, particularly Lt Meddler.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Gah! :oops: I forgot we didn't want to mention that. I really need sleep.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:47 am
by HoneyDog
Forby looks like he will be sick at Alexander’s talk. He turns green, then white. Noticing his condition, Gertrude hastily says;

“The church in the village has the necessary records. Perhaps the doctor’s too. I suggest looking there.”

Meddler gives a start.

“Clothing you say? Really? What kind of clothing?” he asks.
Isolde,The Luck roll was to see if you remembered the feeding duty!

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:23 am
by Mephistophilis
'Just some rags' says Harry hastily.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, thank ye," says Alexander to Gertrude. "We'll have to do that tomorrow."

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:17 pm
by HoneyDog
"Just rags?" Meddler continues. "Where did you find them? Was someone here last night?"

He looks concerned.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:30 pm
by Mephistophilis
'Well, a sack that seems to have been cut into a sort of rudimentary smock. I found it past the ice house in some trees. I thought perhaps the intruder had been wearing it, but it could just be an itinerant'. He looks at Forby's discomfort, 'perhaps we can share our speculations at a later date when we won't spoil everyone's dinner'.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:30 am
by HoneyDog
Gertrude nods.

"Yes, John. We had a visitor again. We didn't see who it was."

"I thought you found the clothes at the quarry" mumbles Forby. "A mask, too".

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:43 am
by aine
"Green flecks could be verdigris." Says Isolde. "Which reminds me, I noticed the ceiling in the hallway is peeling quite badly, are you due to have decorators in for it?" She asks Gertrude and Forby, hoping to take their minds off the more sordid discussion at the other end of the table.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:53 am
by aine
Isolde watches Meddlar carefully whilst secreting a bit of beef into the napkin on her lap.
psychology,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:50 am
by HoneyDog
"Erm, perhaps sometime soon" replies Gertrude absently, not really paying attention to the question.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:36 am
by Philulhu
Like Isolde, Vic was also taken by Lieutenant Meddler’s response to the news of the clothing that had been found. Perhaps if his brother-in-law was incapacitated, Meddler might somehow find himself as lord of the manor?

She studied him carefully to see if he gave away any signs of what he was thinking.
OOC,Psychology (50%) - [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"You may be right about the verdigris," says Alexander. "Perhaps on the morrow I can run more tests on it."
OOC,Psychology roll (5% base skill) about [b]Meddler[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 am
by HoneyDog
"This miscreant may return tonight" warns Meddler. "I will stand alert. Is anyone with me?"

He looks pointedly at the male investigators.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:18 am
by Philulhu
Vic felt her colour rise at this slight on her gender. ”I’m as capable as any man so I will join you tonight,” she said firmly.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:10 pm
by aine
Isolde smiled privately at Vic's fervour but she wondered how it would go down with the gentlemen.

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:40 pm
by HoneyDog
Meddler smiles condescendingly.

“Well, you certainly have a lot of spirit!” he says. “What about the rest of your party? What will be your plans?”

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, I'll take a shift on watch as well," says Alexander.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:49 pm
by Mephistophilis
Harry looks apprasingly at Meddler. He may not be the best judge of character but he does not trust the man. 'I'm game, we should take shifts as Dr Campbell suggests. Miss Miller, perhaps we can take the first watch and Dr Campbell and Lt Meddler the second?' Harry resolves to keep a close eye on Lt Meddler tonight, but without Meddler knowing. He suspects there might be a nocturnal sojourn down to the quarry.
OOC,Psychology 5% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:22 pm
by Philulhu
”That would be agreeable to me,” said Vic through gritted teeth. ’At least I won’t have to suffer the company of that pompous prig!’ she thought, looking balefully at Meddler.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:34 am
by HoneyDog
"And you, Miss Beauchant?" Meddler asks.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 7:43 pm
by aine
"I think I should like to stay around the house." Says Isolde simply. "I can stay up until midnight, perhaps?"

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:38 am
by HoneyDog
"So you'll all join my plan?" Meddler looks pleased. "Excellent. Together, I'm sure we'll catch the blighter."
OOC,I'll move things forward then with the assumption that you'll all be standing watch, if you're sure that's what you want.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:57 am
by Mr. Handy

"Aye, if he shows up, we'll catch him," says Alexander.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:36 am
by Mephistophilis
OOC,Harry would like to see what Meddler is up to when he isn't standing watch - i.e. that he isn't sneaking out. Maybe he could search a fireplace while he waits if nothing is going on

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 am
by Philulhu
OOC,Happy to move on.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:26 pm
by aine
Isolde would like to go to the stables before it gets too dark, as part of her 'patrol'.