Page 1 of 1

The Carnavale of Horrors

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:14 pm
by Tabs

"Waitress," called the lady, "I'll have another refill," she slid her coffee cup across the tabletop.

"I'm a chef," she continued when the waitress returned with a cup of steaming black joe, "and am looking for a job. Know of a place?"

Re: The Carnavale of Horrors

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Agnes hustles over to the table with the coffee and places it in front of the woman. "Hi, I'm Agnes Baker," she says. "Actually, we could use a new cook here. You'll need to talk to Velma, she owns the place."

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am
by Tabs

"Thanks, Agnes. I'm Zoey Samaras. And new in town, obviously"--she smiled. She gave Agnes an appraising look: "Fancy giving me the heads-up on Arkham when you finish your shift? I'm paying for the tab," she added quickly. "Unless you've got a husband to cook for?..."

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Agnes chuckles and grins back. "No husband," she says. "I'm still looking for the right fellow. I'm also a lousy cook, especially compared to you. And don't let my name fool you, I'm not much good at baking either. Sure, I can fill you in on Arkham. Anything in particular you want to know?"

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:25 pm
by Tabs

"I've the feeling that we're gonna share some wild-- I mean, good times!" joked Zoey.

"Well," she thought in response to Agnes's question, "I've a thing for men in authority," she stared straight into Agnes's eyes, neither blushing nor embarrassed at all, "where to the 'boys in blue' drink?"
ooc,I want this [img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/02301.jpg[/img]

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:40 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, it'll be swell!" said Agnes. "The cops aren't supposed to drink, what with the Volstead Act and all, but I imagine some still do. The only speakeasy I know of is Hibb's Roadhouse. It's not far from here."
OOC,Yeah, that's even more awesome than the Shotgun!

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:41 pm
by Tabs

The two women gained access to the speakeasy without a hitch. Sat in a booth with Agnes and sipping at a Gin rickey, Zoey nodded towards a table of boisterous officers.

"Looks like the cops don't give a damn about the alcohol law," she said. "And that's why"--a middle-aged, pot bellied soak was seating himself with his colleagues. "Must be the sheriff," added Zoey.

Zoey tugged down her dress, her already plunging neckline was a little deeper. She said apologetically, "It usually works," gulped her drink, and then produced a cigarette. "I'm gonna ask for a light. Coming?"

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

Agnes isn't wearing anything quite so revealing, though her own dress still highlights her figure. "You know, I've never done anything like this before," says Agnes. She deepens her voice and wags her finger. "'Only bad girls go to Hibb's,' my father told me. I've always tried to be a good girl. I guess you're a bad influence on me, Zoey." She grins and gets up to follow her.

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am
by Tabs

A few mornings later at Velma's Diner, the sheriff and a few trusted lieutenants along with Zoey and Agnes, the girls simply adornments, put to right Arkham.

"Look," Sheriff Engel insists, "I know it sounds crazy, but that's really all there is to it." He sighs and sits back down, pouring a cup of joe for you and one for himself. "A dame in Uptown spotted a cracked egg wearing this mask and holdin' a blood butcher's cleaver," he says, motioning to the black leather mask sitting on his desk. It has a comically long nose and a strange symbol scrawled in yellow on its forehead. "So, she calls it in. My boys and I picked him up on the corner of Saltonstall & Garrison." The sheriff's jaw clenches and his brows furrow as he recounts the story. "Fella did nothing but laugh as we slapped the bracelets on him. Called himself Zanni. Said nothing except the 'carnival is coming,' whatever the hell that meant. Wasn't until the next day we found the victim's body. Defense wanted him in a straitjacket. We were happy to oblige."

There isn't much time to spare. If your research is right, there is more to this case than meets the eye. This "Zanni" wasn't talking about Darke's Carnival, but rather, the Carneval of Venice, which begins just before the next full moon...

Zoey unlooped her arm from Sheriff Engel's.

"A trip to Europe will take a few weeks," she said, "and the next full moon is in three."

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, that does sound swell!" says Agnes, excitement obvious in her voice. "I've never been there before."

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am
by Tabs

In the ladies' washroom.

"I'm glad you think so! Then let's go to Venice," replied Zoey. "I don't wish to alarm you, Agnes," she paused, as if struggling with an uncomfortable truth, "but now I know why He sent me to Arkham--to learn of this carnival and to meet you," she was deadly serious.
ooc,Here's a deck list I'm gonna emulate: https://arkhamdb.com/decklist/view/3251/zoey-samaras-fastest-gun-in-the-west-1.0 I'll take a closer look because I just noticed that Sleight of Hand is in the Carcosa set. Also you can have first dibs on all Mystic and Survivor cards. My intention is to only use 9 XP so as not to incur any additional Basic Weakness cards. Edit: Why not any available card from any expansion? If I don't possess a copy in my collection I'll use a proxy by slipping a note into one of my sleeved cards...

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"He?" asks Agnes. The capital letter was practically audible when Zoey said it. "Do you mean God? He does work in mysterious ways."
OOC,I also plan to only use 9 XP. Weaknesses stink!

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:52 am
by Tabs

"Of course I do! Who else could it be?," she shouted rhetorically. "Look, Agnes," she was much calmer now, "I've been guided my whole life to do things--good things," she qualifies, "well, for the common good of humanity."

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy

"I always try to do good things too," says Agnes. "I've never had much ability to do a lot of good for humanity. I'm just a waitress. But I have these dreams...dreams of another life, another time, where I'm extremely powerful."

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:55 am
by Tabs

Zoey hugged Agnes. "I knew that we were kindred spirits," she whispered into Agnes's ear. She pulled back, studying her at arm's length. "Let's get outta here. That greasy fatso, Sheriff Engels that is, won't be pawing me again--what a relief!"

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, we were destined to meet," says Agnes. "I had no idea the sheriff was like that. He didn't try anything with me."

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 pm
by Tabs
Agnes's start hand.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Mulligan?

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No mulligan for me. I like my starting cards, and they work very well with each other and with my character.

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 pm
by Tabs
ImageImageImageImageImage

Zoey's Cross is mega!

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yeah, the cross is awesome! The rest of your hand isn't bad either.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:36 am
by Tabs

Rap rap rap! on the cabin door.

"Agnes. Agnes, it's me, Zoey. We passed the Straits of Gibraltar in the early hours; only two more days till Venice. There's a tournament of deck quoits at eleven, wanna play?

"I've already been to chapel. I know He is pleased by our purpose, for we shall do good work."

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Agnes opens her door, a smile on her face. "I'm pleased too," she says. "Yes, I'd love to play quoits. I don't know if I'll win, but I can throw fairly accurately."

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:13 pm
by Tabs
Canal-side [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> San Marco Basilica [Agnes, Zoey, Abbess] -> Flooded Square [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Academia Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> back round to Canal-side

Additional Clarifications

Location Setup

In this scenario, locations are placed in a circle. Due to the parade during the Carnevale, each location is connected only to the location in the clockwise direction. This means that investigators and monsters can only travel (or count the nearest location) in the clockwise direction unless otherwise directed.

Counter-clockwise

Some cards instruct the players to find the nearest location in the counter-clockwise direction. This is an exception to the above rule and should be followed as though locations are connected counter-clockwise.

"Across from"

The location "across from" another location is the farthest location, equidistant in both the clockwise and counter-clockwise directions. For the purposes of this scenario, "across from your location" and "across from you" have the same meaning.

ImageImage
OOC:   Who is to be Lead Investigator?  

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You can be Lead Investigator, unless you think I'd be a better choice. Our first turn should probably be spent playing assets and moving to the next location (The Flooded Square). We can use the Abbess's ability for one of us to move quickly and save ourselves an action.

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:45 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Zoey will be Lead Investigator.  

"We will bring the Innocents to you, Abbess, rest assured. And the Wicked ones, myself and Agnes will deal with them." She turned to Agnes, her face set, stony and pallid, her eyes staring and blank. Without a word she marched into the crowd.

Exhaust Abbess and Move to Flooded Square.

ImageImage 2 clues

Action 1: Play Zoey's Cross.

Action 2: Play Flashlight.

Action 3: Investigate using Flashlight.

Intellect 2 vs. Shroud 4 -2 [Flashlight]; Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (-2); fail.
OOC:   4 Shroud is tough!  

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Agnes grips the fire axe she took from the Basilica tightly as she recalls her studies and follows Zoey through the darkened streets and bridges of Venice.
OOC,Action 1: Play Fire Axe. 1 resource spent. Action 2: Play Arcane Studies. 2 resources spent. Action 3: Move to Flooded Square

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 pm
by Tabs
Upkeep Phase 1

Ready Abbess.

Zoey draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Agnes draws Image and gains 1 resource.
OOC:   Perception is exactly what we needed. With Arcane Studies and Lucky, Agnes is setup for investigating.  

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, that was a very good draw! Depending on what the Mythos Phase brings, you may want to move ahead and leave the clues here to me.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 pm
by Tabs
Mythos Phase 2

Place 1 doom token on the agenda (1/8).

Zoey draws Image

Zoey's ability: Gain 1 resource.

Zoey's Cross, exhaust and spend 1 resource: Deal 1 damage.

Agnes draws Image
OOC:   The Peril keyword: the player cannot confer with or gain help from another.  

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,This one seems a no-brainer to me. Since we're just starting, let's just shuffle the Masked Carnevale-goers and deal them out again. I did have the option of using Ward of Protection and finishing off the Writhing Appendage in the process, but you should be able to take care of it. I'm better off saving the Ward of Protection to use against something truly nasty.

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:45 pm
by Tabs
Investigation Phase 2

The tentacle was curled round the "barber pole." Zoey grabbed one end of the slime appendage, it writhed in the cool evening air as if to gain purchase on the wispy mist rising from the canal, and yanked it brutally. The tentacle hung limply, its back broken by the Chef. "I pray to Him that all my foes will be as weak!"

Yip yip! Yelp!

A cur dodged between legs of Carnival-goers and then trotted over to Zoey. It rolled over on its back, exposing rags of belly fur. She knelt and joyfully rubbed the fur. "I shall call you Titan!" and then in a tone from the nursery, "--yes, yes I will!"

Action 1: Fight Writhing Appendage.

Fight 4 vs. 2, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (+1); success, Writhing Appendage killed.

Action 2: Play Guard Dog.

Action 3: Draw 1 card.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy

Investigator Phase 2

Agnes searches the flooded square, finding some clues as to the identities of the masked strangers. "What on earth was that thing?" she asks Zoey, shaken. "Whatever it was, I'm glad you were with me!" She smiles at the dog, but she's a bit too nervous to pet it. "Hello, Titan."
OOC,Action 1: Investigate (Intellect 2 + 2[Perception] = 4 vs. 4 Shroud): [dice]0[/dice] 4 - 3 = 1: failure. Action 2: Investigate (Intellect 2 + 2[Arcane Studies] vs. 4 Shroud). 2 resources spent: [dice]1[/dice] Cultist. Draw another token (reroll if 15 again): [dice]2[/dice] 4 - 1 = 3. Fast Action: Play Lucky. Test succeeds. 1 Clue gained. Action 3: Play Forbidden Knowledge.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 pm
by Tabs

Zoey replied: "Evil. Evil clothed--and what horrible clothing."

Upkeep Phase 2

Ready Zoey's Cross.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nice! Those could be useful.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:04 pm
by Tabs
Mythos Phase 3

Place 1 doom on the agenda (2/8).

Zoey draws Image

Will 4 vs. 4, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (tentacles); fail, take 1 horror.

Agnes draws Image

Image Don engages with Agnes.
OOC:   He's strong, but I reckon Zoey can take him! On the bright side, this saves using a clue!  

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,But there is no Masked Carnevale-Goer at our location. Mass Hysteria placed the first one in the nearest clockwise location and dealt them out from there, so there's one in every location except ours. This means Mesmerize gains surge instead.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Oh well done! that point totally passed me by. So we have some breathing space. What's the plan? Move to the next location?  
Surge...

Acrid Miasma (no image), Mythos, Treachery, Hazard.

Revelation - Attach to the nearest location in the clockwise direction with no Acrid Miasma.
Forced - After an investigator enters attached location, he or she tests Will (2). If failed, that investigator must either take 1 damage and 1 horror, or resolve the hunter keyword on each enemy in play.

Carnevale of Horrors #37. Venice #54-55.

Canal-side [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> San Marco Basilica [Abbess, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Flooded Square [Agnes, Zoey, 1 clue] -> Academia Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer, Acrid Miasma] -> back round to Canal-side

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yeah, let's keep going. The Will test isn't so bad, so I won't block it. We're not going to find that second clue with what we have. Maybe you should spend the one we did get to flip the Masked Carnevale-Goer at the Academia Bridge. If it turns out to be a bad guy, we can probably take care of it. I can do some massive damage with my axe, in addition to what you can inflict.

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Okay. I think though that Agnes must spend the clue as an action. Zoey can Engage any bad guys.  

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Oh, I got it confused with the Act's action, which allows investigators to spend clues as a group. Is it okay with you if I go first this turn? Then I can move to the next location, spend the clue, and still have an action left to swing the axe in the event that it's an enemy. I can do up to three damage (two from the axe and one from my special ability). If that's not enough, you should be able to finish the job.

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:48 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Yes, Agnes to go first. I just realised how good her Fire Axe is.  

Acrid Miasma (no image), Mythos, Treachery, Hazard.

Revelation - Attach to the nearest location in the clockwise direction with no Acrid Miasma.
Forced - After an investigator enters attached location, he or she tests Will (2). If failed, that investigator must either take 1 damage and 1 horror, or resolve the hunter keyword on each enemy in play.
Accademia Bridge unlocked,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/82015.jpg[/img] 2 clues
Masked Carnevale-Goer flipped,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/82018.jpg[/img] Aloof enemies spawn unengaged.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Investigator Phase 3

As Agnes walks through the miasma-laden air on to the Academia Bridge, she encounters a woman in a Harlequin costume coming towards her. From her earlier investigations, she knows who this must be. "Elisabetta Magro, I presume," she says.

The woman turns and sweeps off her mask, revealing a face as beautiful as it is cold. "If you know who I am," she replies, "you must die!" She points a hand at Agnes, who drops to her knees as a result of an invisible force which begins to choke her, but not before Agnes sideswipes her with her fire axe. Agnes collapses, and Elisabetta turns back and walks away. However, Agnes quickly recovers. Springing to her feet, she rushes after Elisabetta and buries the axe deep into her back. Elisabetta pulls free, bleeding profusely, but she is made of tougher stuff too and begins to flee across the bridge.
OOC,Action 1: Move to Academia Bridge. Will test (5 vs. 2) from Acrid Miasma: [dice]0[/dice] 5 - 2 = 3. Success! Action 2: Spend 1 clue to flip the Masked Carnevale-Goer. Take 1 damage and 1 horror. Reaction: Cause 1 damage to [b]Elisabetta Magro[/b]. Fast Action: Activate and exhaust Forbidden Knowledge. Spend 1 secret to gain 1 resource. Take 1 horror. Action 3: Activate Fire Axe, spending 2 resources as Fast Actions. Fight test against [b]Elisabetta Magro[/b] (2 stat + 4[Fire Axe] = 6 vs. 3): [dice]1[/dice] 6 - 2 = 4. Success! [b]Elisabetta Magro[/b] takes 2 damage (for a total of 3 so far). [b]Zoey[/b] should be able to finish her off with the Cross just by moving in and engaging her.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:02 pm
by Tabs

Investigation Phase 3

Action 1: Move to Accademia Bridge.

Will 4 vs. 2[miasma]; Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (-3); fail, resolve Hunter keyword.

Action 2: Engage Elisabetta Magro.

Gain 1 resource and exhaust Zoey's Cross and spend 1 resource: Deal 1 damage; Elisabetta Magro killed.

Action 3: Investigate using Flashlight.

Intellect 2 vs. 2 -2[Flashlight]; Chaos token [dice]1[/dice]; elder sign (+1), clue gained.

Zoey followed Agnes, almost losing her in the miasma which enveloped Accademia Bridge. She caught up with the waitress in time to see her launch the Fire Axe into a harlequin costumed back. Zoey rushed over to the wounded figure. She didn't see the agony of Elisabetta Magro, but the agony of a High Servant of the Order. She drew out her Cross, her symbol of Righteousness, and held it up to the woman's face like the powerful symbol she believed it to be. Magro simply shuddered and then expired. Zoey searched the corpse and found a card, printed in Italian, and pocketed the clue.

She looked back to Agnes. "Good work!" she said simply.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," says Agnes, rubbing her injured throat. She is still shaken by the encounter. "Let's hope we don't run into any more like her."

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:45 am
by Tabs
Upkeep Phase 3

Ready Zoey's Cross.

:(

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,My draw was a nice one! Don't forget that when the Acolyte engages you, you can use your special ability and the Cross to inflict one damage.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:55 am
by Tabs
OOC:   I did forget; but woke in the middle of the night thinking just this!  

Gain 1 resource and exhaust Zoey's Cross and spend 1 resource: Deal 1 damage to Silver Twilight Acolyte.

"Funny, isn't it?"

Zoey eyed the cowled man stood before her. "'Funny'? Hardly that!"

"That I should find you" he continued "here, in Venice."

"Well" she said "it had to end for you someplace"--and with that comment Zoey brandished her Cross.

Mythos Phase 4

Place 1 doom on the agenda (3/8).

Zoey draws Image

Agnes draws Image

Canal-side [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Carnevale Sentinel, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> San Marco Basilica [Abbess, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Flooded Square [1 clue] -> Academia Bridge [Agnes, Zoey, Silver Twilight Acolyte, 1 clue, Acrid Miasma] -> back round to Canal-side
OOC:   We need to finish Silver Twilight Acolyte before he attacks. Is it worth peeking at the flip side of a Masked Carnival-Goer?--how easy will it be to collect clues?  

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll just allow Mass Hysteria to shuffle and redistribute the Masked Carnevale-Goers, which doesn't hurt us at this point. If I go first, I can probably take out the Acolyte with my Fire Axe. I'll engage it first just to make sure I don't hurt you with a missed attack. Then on your turn, presuming I kill it, you can try to find the next clue, spend any resources you can, and move to the next location. I don't think it's worth peeking at the flip side by spending 2 clues, because we're not good at finding them. We need all the clues we can get just to flip them over. Plus, there seem to be so many ways that they get scrambled, and it takes an extra action to peek (in addition to the actions to get the clues in the first place).

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:08 pm
by Tabs
:)

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:58 am
by Tabs
You want Agnes to go first?

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Investigator Phase 4

"Hey, leave her alone!" calls Agnes to the robed figure, who whirls to face her - just in time to receive the blade of her axe in said face. The figure falls, motionless.
OOC,Yes, I'll go first. Action 1: Engage Silver Twilight Acolyte. Action 2: Activate Fire Axe, spending 1 resource as Fast Action. Fight test against Silver Twilight Acolyte (2 stat + 2[Fire Axe] = 4 vs. 2): [dice]0[/dice] 4 -1 = 3. Success! Silver Twilight Acolyte takes 2 damage and is defeated. For my third action, should I advance to the next location? I'm out of resources now, so I won't lose any.

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:38 pm
by Tabs
Um no, because

Zoey will search for the 2nd clue, move using Shortcut, flip the Masked Carnival-Goer, and...

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,In that case, I'll just draw another card as my third action. You might want to spend your resources (maybe on the Bandolier) before moving, or you'll lose them. It might be better for you to flip the Masked Carnevale-Goer next turn and just get yourself in position for that this turn. Otherwise, it will get two attacks if it's an enemy. You could even move both of us, since you have two Shortcuts. Or you could save them and we could wait until next turn to go, but then we'd be wasting resources and time.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:11 pm
by Tabs
Agnes's 3rd action: Image
You might want to spend your resources (maybe on the Bandolier) before moving, or you'll lose them.
Explain. :)

I'll use both Shortcuts though, either this turn or next.

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,When we leave the current location, we will each lose 2 resources. It's better to spend them now than waste them. If we wait until next turn, we each gain a resource that will be lost unless spent first: [img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/82015.jpg[/img] You should probably move to the next location this turn after investigating and then playing the Bandolier (dropping you to 0 resources). You don't need to use a Shortcut on yourself unless there's something else you want to do with the third action (such as if your first investigation fails and you want to try again). You could then go first on your next turn, spending a clue to flip the Masked Carnevale-Goer before using a Shortcut to bring me along. I'll lose the resource I gain in the Upkeep Phase unless I spend it on Ward of Protection, but I can afford to lose it now that I have the Emergency Cache.

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:36 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Yes, again well remembered! I agree with everything you suggest, but note that Shortcut requires Agnes to be at Zoey's location; if I play it on her now she'll keep the forthcoming resource but may be attacked when Zoey flips the Masked Carnival-Goer. You choose.  

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:55 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,In that case, I'll stay here and risk losing the resource. I'm already injured, and I don't want to chance it unnecessarily.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:08 pm
by Tabs

Agnes chopped the Silver Twilight Acolyte. "You're getting good at this!" praised Zoey.

Investigation Phase 4

Action 1: Investigate using Flashlight.

Intellect 2 vs. 2 -2 Shroud, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] (cultist, reveal another token) [dice]1[/dice] (skull, -2); success! clue gained.

Action 2: Play Bandolier.

Fast. Play Shortcut.

ImageImage 1 clue + 1 clue from the token bank.

Action 3: Activate Masked Carnevale-Goer. (Spend 1 clue.)

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm
by Tabs
Upkeep Phase 4

Ready Zoey's Cross.

OOC:   Hey!  

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Oh, awesome! Both of those cards are great. If I draw a monster, you could snatch it from me and hit it for an automatic damage at the same time. On my turn, I plan to move to the next location, then use the Emergency Cache and investigate with my remaining two actions. If I fail by 2 or less, I can then use "Look what I found!" to grab two clues. Otherwise, I can get one clue if I succeed and still have it and the resources for later.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:56 pm
by Tabs
Mythos Phase 5

Place 1 doom on the agenda (4/8).

Zoey draws Image move to Bridge of Sighs.

A crowd surge down the canal-side, engulfing Zoey in a human wave. Amidst shouting, and singing, and tangled arms, and boisterous behaviour she is blown away, ending up--well, heaven knows where.

ImageImage 2 clues

Agnes draws Image

Canal-side [Innocent Reveler, 2 clues] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Carnevale Sentinel, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [Zoey, 2 clues, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> San Marco Basilica [Abbess, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Flooded Square [1 clue] -> Academia Bridge [Agnes, Acrid Miasma] -> back round to Canal-side

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 am
by Mr. Handy

Mythos Phase 4

Zoey is suddenly gone, and Agnes looks around desperately for her, unable to find any trace. "Zoey!" she calls. "Zoey, where did you go?!" Noticing a rippling in the water, she peers over the bridge's rail. Could she have fallen off of it?

Suddenly, a huge tentacle shoots out from beneath the surface and wraps itself around Agnes's waist, dragging into the railing with a brutal impact! It is everything she can do to keep from flipping over the rail and into the canal to her doom. Reacting quickly, she swipes at the tentacle with her axe, and it retracts.
OOC,Agility test against Chaos in the Water (3 stat vs. 4): [dice]0[/dice] 3 -1 = 2 vs. 4. Failure! [b]Agnes[/b] takes 1 damage.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:11 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   My plan: Investigate, flip the Masked Carnival-Goer, then... Zoey can use the Abbess to move to the Basilica as well. Does it matter who goes first?  

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:36 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, I don't think it matters. You can go first if you like. Note that you still have a clue, so you may want to flip before you investigate. That way, if it turns out to be an enemy, you have more actions left to fight before it makes a second attack.

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 pm
by Tabs

Investigation Phase 5

Action 1: Activate Masked Carnivale-Goer (spend 1 clue).

Gain 1 resource and exhaust Zoey's Cross and spend 1 resource: Deal 1 damage to Salvatore Neri.
OOC:   Hmmm. If Zoey misses her attack twice she'll lose 4 sanity! :( I reckon that she should Evade then draw a card...

Edit: Just thought that if Zoey evades now, in Upkeep her Cross will ready and Salvatore will Engage...  

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Plus you'd lose another 2 when he attacked on his own turn, driving you insane. Your idea is a good one. It's a shame I can't be there to help. One swipe of the axe, and I could finish him. If your first attempt to evade fails, at least you can try again with your remaining action. If you succeed on your first try, you may want to move to the next location and leave him there for me to finish if I eventually get there. If you succeed on your second attempt you could use your other Shortcut to escape.

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:31 pm
by Tabs
Action 2: Evade Salvatore Neri.

Agility 2 vs. 2 Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (tentacles), automatic failure.

Action 3: Evade Salvatore Neri.

Agility 2 vs. 2 Chaos token [dice]1[/dice] (-2), fail.

The terrifying pink flames surrounded his face--his mask--no, what was happening? Zoey ran to and fro franticly, trying to flee from the Master of Illusions.

He shouted: "I am Salvatore Neri! Fear me, woman," and laughed, "for I shall drive you insane!"

"Oh Agnes! I need you!" cried Zoey, "Where are you? Help me!"

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 pm
by Mr. Handy

Investigator Phase 5

"Zoey, where are you?!" cries Agnes, hurrying across the bridge and dropping something in her haste. There is no sign of her friend on the canal side, so Agnes searches around. She finds a hidden backpack full of supplies, as well as a treasure trove of information...but no trace of Zoey.
OOC,Action 1: Move to Canal-side. Lose my remaining resource. Reaction: Add 1 clue to Canal-side. Action 2: Activate Emergency Cache. Gain 3 resources. Action 3: Investgiate. Intellect test (2 stat vs. 2 shroud): [dice]0[/dice] 2 -4 = 0. Failure by 2, since the shroud is 2 and the minimum possible result is 0. Spend 2 resources to play "Look what I found!" 2 clues gained.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm
by Tabs

Enemy Phase 5

Salvatore Neri attacks Zoey causing 2 sanity loss, split between her and Guard Dog who deals 1 damage.

Zoey knelt, trembling and alone. The Master of Illusions placed his hand upon her head as if to bestow a benediction, but in reality to suck on her soul. Titan leaped at Salvatore and wrestled with his arm; his nefarious exploit was interrupted. The dog lost all control of its senses, running in circles, before bounding away howling.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That reaction can only be used when the Guard Dog takes damage, not horror. You may want to rethink killing off the dog.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:32 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   I wanted it to be true--the power of wishful thinking. Okay, Zoey loses 2 sanity and Guard Dog returns to her hand.  
Upkeep Phase 5

Ready Zoey's Cross.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You mean the Guard Dog goes back into play, not back to your hand. Those are great cards! Dodge was exactly what you needed.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm
by Tabs
Mythos Phase 6

Place 1 doom on the agenda (5/8).

Zoey draws Image

Will 4 vs. 3, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (squid -4), fail and discard... 2 resources.

Agnes draws Image

:!:

Canal-side [Agnes, Innocent Reveler, Poleman, 1 clue] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Carnevale Sentinel, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [Zoey, 2 clues, Salvatore Neri] -> San Marco Basilica [Abbess, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Flooded Square [1 clue] -> Academia Bridge [Acrid Miasma] -> back round to Canal-side

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Ouch! I think I can beat him, though. With my axe, I can do 2 damage if I pump both resources into it and am lucky enough. Then I can get another resource from Forbidden Knowledge, causing yet another point of damage when I take the horror. That and Unexpected Courage can get me another attack at +2 overall. If I only hit the Poleman once, I'll get to do a fourth point of damage when the Poleman attacks me due to me gaining horror during the Mythos Phase. By the way, there's still 1 clue left at Canal-side that was added when I entered.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:27 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Good luck!

Clue edited in.  

Investigation Phase 6

Action 1: Evade Salvatore Neri.

Agility 2 +1[Shortcut] vs. 2, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (+1), success.

Action 2: Investigate Bridge of Sighs.

Intellect 2 +1[Contraband] vs. 1, Chaos token [dice]1[/dice] (-1), success, 1 clue gained.

Exhaust Abbess: Move to San Marco Basilica; take 1 horror.

Action 3: Activate Masked Carnivale-Goer (spend 1 clue).

Don Lagorio engages and attacks Zoey. She gains 1 resource then exhausts Zoey's Cross and spends 1 resource to deal 1 damage; Zoey takes 1 damage and Guard Dog takes 1 damage, it deals 1 damage in return. Don Lagorio 2/4 health.
OOC:   Before I update Zoey's stats I looked at her phase 5 and noticed that I forgot Salvatore's initial attack--when I flipped the Masked Carnivale-Goer, so that's an additional 2 sanity loss! This plus the move from Bridge of Sighs would drive Zoey insane... she could sacrifice Guard Dog's sanity back at the bridge?  

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Investigator Phase 6

Agnes turns as a gondola pulls up alongside her. "Oh, good!" she says to the gondolier as she steps aboard. "I'm looking for my friend Zoey. Perhaps you've seen her?"

"Bellissima, Signorina," burbles the robed figure. It removes its hood to reveal a horrible visage that looks like a hideous fish with many teeth. With a scream of terror, Agnes swings her axe with all her might, but she isn't used to fighting on a rocking boat. The creature, however, is. With a swipe of its pole, it knocks her flat on her back and then leaps atop her, pinning her to the deck. It kisses her roughly on the lips, cutting off her screams. Then its claw-like hands begin to hike her skirt.

In desperation, Agnes channels the ancient mystical energies she remembers from a previous life, launching a bolt of pure force into the creature and pushing it off of her. Then she grabs her axe again and, with a cry of rage, chops it viciously in the groin. Impossibly, the thing remains standing and attacks her again, slamming her once more to the deck. A woman standing on the side of the canal sees it and shrieks. "Run!" calls Agnes. "Save yourself!"
OOC,Thanks! Yes, that looks like your only choice. As long as you're doing that, let the dog take both points of damage from [b]Don Lagorio[/b], as you're going to be losing it anyway. That way you have some extra health. I hope you've got an Elder Sign stashed away somewhere! :shock: At least there's only one more masked baddie hidden. Action 1: Activate Fire Axe to fight [b]Poleman[/b], spending 2 resources as Fast Actions for +4 Combat. Combat test (2 stat +4[Fire Axe]=6 vs. 4[[b]Poleman[/b]]): [dice]0[/dice] 6-3 =3 vs. 4, failure. Fast Action: Exhaust Forbidden Knowledge. Take 1 horror, causing 1 damage to Poleman. Spend 1 secret to gain 1 resource. Action 2: Activate Fire Axe to fight [b]Poleman[/b], spending 1 resource as a Fast Action for +2 Combat. Combat test (2 stat +2[Fire Axe]+2[Unexpected Courage]=6 vs. 4[[b]Poleman[/b]]): [dice]1[/dice] 6-2=4 vs. 4, success. 2 damage dealt to [b]Poleman[/b]. Action 3: Evade [b]Poleman[/b]: Agility test (3 stat vs. 2[[b]Poleman[/b]]): [dice]2[/dice] 3-3=0 vs. 2, failure. [b]Innocent Reveler[/b] takes 1 horror.

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:07 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Those deep ones--they're mad for it!

Okay here goes, but there is so much going on it's hard to keep track of everything. Guard Dog loses his one sanity at Bridge of Sighs and is not around to take damage or bite back at Don Lagorio at San Marco Basilica; therefore Zoey takes 2 damage (7 health and 1 sanity).  
Enemy Phase 6

Don Lagorio attacks Zoey.

The thing wearing the tricorn hat and with the impossible serpent body took another bite at Zoey. She fell upon her knees before Abbess Allegria Di Biase, begging with clenched hands for succour from her Venice nightmare.

Poleman attacks Agnes.

Chat,Seen this? https://teamcovenant.com/product/arkham-horror-card-game-mythos-board

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Enemy Phase 6

The monster is in no condition to have its way with Agnes any more with the grievous wounds she had given it...but it is still perfectly capable of killing her. It drags her kicking and screaming into the canal and underwater. It seems to have no trouble breathing, but the same is not true for Agnes. Her vain struggles grow weaker, and she knows that she will surely drown if she does not do something quickly. Terrified, she again unleashes arcane energy into the fishman, which loses its grip on her and finally expires. She surfaces, gasping for breath, and pulls herself back aboard the gondola. Waterlogged and bedraggled, she retrieves her axe.
OOC,Oh, I had thought that fight had taken place on the Bridge of Sighs. In that case, yes, there's no choice. [b]Agnes[/b] takes 1 damage and 1 horror. As a result, [b]Poleman[/b] takes 1 damage and is defeated.

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:31 am
by Tabs
Upkeep Phase 6

Ready Zoey's Cross and Abbess.

OOC:   Nice!  

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:43 am
by Tabs
Mythos Phase 7

Place 1 doom on the agenda (6/8).

Zoey draws Image

Zoey gains 1 resource then exhausts Zoey's Cross and spends 1 resource to deal 1 damage.

Agnes draws Image
OOC:   That would be a move to Bridge of Sighs.  
Canal-side [Agnes, Innocent Reveler, 1 clue] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Carnevale Sentinel, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [1 clue, Salvatore Neri] -> San Marco Basilica [Zoey, Don Lagorio, Writhing Appendage, Abbess] -> Flooded Square [1 clue] -> Academia Bridge [Agnes, Acrid Miasma] -> back round to Canal-side
OOC:   Zoey's plan: Fight Writhing Appendage and Don Lagorio.  

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll move to the Bridge of Sighs and try to help you. I can hopefully take down [b]Salvatore Neri[/b] in one action, then use the [b]Abbess[/b]'s ability to move to the Basilica for free. Or I could simply evade him with Blinding Light, which will finish him and save my resource for the next fight. With my remaining two actions, I can engage [b]Don Lagorio[/b], do a point of damage to him by taking a resource from Forbidden Knowledge, and then try to finish him. That may not succeed, however, but if I go first, you can then engage [b]Don Lagorio[/b] after you finish the Writhing Appendage, which will automatically cause 1 damage. Then you'll just need one more damage to finish him.

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:31 pm
by Tabs

Zoey offered up a silent prayer. "I need your help, Agnes," she whispered. She also pocketed her treasured cross, which she had brandished at the writhing tentacle just moments before.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Investigator Phase 7

The woman still stands on the bank of the canal, paralyzed with fear. Agnes hates to leave her, but she knows Zoey needs her help. Taking up the fallen pole, she steers the gondola down the canal. She hears the sound of a struggle and guides the gondola towards it, disembarking at a bridge where a man dressed in black waits, blocking her path.

"Zoey!" she cries, hearing her voice on the other side of the bridge. "Let me pass!"

The man chuckles. "Your friend is now quite, quite mad," he says, "and you shall join her!"

The horrible creature Agnes had fought and defeated earlier seems to materialize out of thin air behind her. Screaming in terror, she barrels past the magician and runs across the bridge, but he pursues her, cackling madly.

"Sanctuary!" cries Agnes, bolting into the Basilica where the Abbess awaits. Zoey is also there, but she is cornered by a foe of her own and has a tentacle wrapped around her to boot. Agnes finds her friends' presence comforting, but the Abbess looks to be in shock.

Spinning around, Agnes draws upon her hidden reserves, firing a bolt of energy from her fingertip at Zoey's opponent while spinning around and cutting the magician chasing her in half.
OOC,I'd forgotten that Blinding Light also costs a resource, but it could be just what I need to take down [b]Don Lagorio[/b] with automatic damage instead of fighting and probably missing. Action 1: Activate Fire Axe to fight [b]Salvatore Neri[/b], spending 1 resource as a Fast Action for +2 Combat. Combat test (2 stat +2[Fire Axe]=4 vs. 2[[b]Salvatore Neri[/b]]): [dice]0[/dice] 4 - 4 = 0 vs. 2. Failure. Aw, nuts! I won't be able to help you as much this round now. And he retaliates, so I take 2 horror, and I can't afford to do that again. Fast Action: Exhaust [b]Abbess[/b] to move to Basilica. [b]Abbess[/b] takes 1 horror. [b]Salvatore Neri[/b] moves with me. Fast Action: Exhaust Forbidden Knowledge. Gain 1 resource and take 1 horror. 1 damage dealt to [b]Don Lagorio[/b]. Action 2: Activate Fire Axe to fight [b]Salvatore Neri[/b], spending 1 resource as a Fast Action for +2 Combat. Combat test (2 stat +2[Fire Axe]=4 vs. 2[[b]Salvatore Neri[/b]]): [dice]1[/dice] 4 - 2 = 2 vs. 2. Success. [b]Salvatore Neri[/b] takes 2 damage and is defeated. Action 3: Gain 1 resource. It looks like we're toast. We're both at 1 Sanity, so neither of us can cross the Bridge of Sighs again, which means we can't rescue the Innocent Revelers and bring them back. We may need to resign next turn. If you resign this turn, I'll be defeated unless you can take out the Writhing Appendage first.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:23 pm
by Tabs

Investigation Phase 7

Action 1: Fight Writhing Appendage.

Strength 4 vs. 2, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (-1), deal 1 damage, Writhing Appendage killed.

Action 2:
OOC:   You realise Zoey's Cross is already exhausted? Agnes will take 2 damage this turn, she could use her 3rd action to do something else... or, if she does still engage Don Lagorio, Zoey could use her 2nd and 3rd actions to draw cards?

Yes, it looks like we are stuffed! There isn't a Resign option on any card at the moment, so do we carry on regardless until the end? Maybe, maybe one location will allow us to heal? or the next Act/Agenda will help us?  
Zoey fell back from the Abbess and tugged at Agnes's skirt. "You've come back to me," she cried--she was literally crying, tears coursing down her cheeks. "I shall not finish my work as intended by Him. Why?"

Again she snapped the tail end of the writhing tentacle when it started to wrap itself round her leg, the sudden jerk produced a most satisfying "shlick" sound.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Whoops, I hadn't realized that. I've edited my post to use my third action to gain a resource, which I'm sure I'll need. I guess we have no choice but to keep going. While we can't take any more horror, the Innocent Revelers and the Abbess (if we're willing to lose her) can take it for us, as well as allies that we play. We just have to take care not to lose the Innocent Revelers, one of whom has already taken 1 horror. There may also be ways we can heal, and there are ways that we can move that bypass the Bridge of Sighs, such as Lost in Venice.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:42 am
by Tabs
Action 2: Fight Don Lagorio.

Strength 4 +1["Let Me Handle This"] vs. 4, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (skull -2), fail.

Action 3: Fight Don Lagorio.

Strength 4 vs. 4, Chaos token [dice]1[/dice] (tablet -3 and deal 1 damage to the nearest Innocent Reveler) :!: , fail.

Enemy Phase 7

Don Lagorio attacks Zoey. 1 damage to Zoey and 1 to Abbess.

Upkeep Phase 7

Ready Abbess and Zoey's Cross.

Zoey draws Image at last! and gains 1 resource.

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Awesome! You can't actually use the card until it's your turn, though. The only [b]Innocent Reveler[/b] we've found now has taken 1 damage and 1 horror, as has the [b]Abbess[/b].

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:06 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Just shows how excited I was to draw that card! Will I get to fire the Lightening Gun, I wonder?  
Canal-side [Innocent Reveler (1/2 and 1/2), 1 clue] -> Streets of Venice [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Rialto Bridge [Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Venetian Garden [Carnevale Sentinel, Masked Carnival-Goer] -> Bridge of Sighs [1 clue] -> San Marco Basilica [Agnes, Zoey, Don Lagorio (2/4), Abbess (1/2 and 1/2)] -> Flooded Square [1 clue] -> Academia Bridge [Agnes, Acrid Miasma] -> back round to Canal-side

Mythos Phase 8

Place 1 doom on the agenda (7/8).

Zoey draws Image

Will 4 vs. 4, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] (squid -4), Innocent Reveler dies.

Several cloaked individuals, stood upon the Bridge of Sighs, watched Zoey's and Agnes's struggle with Don Lagorio. One of them pulled down its hood and glared at Zoey, a piercing stare with blue, flaming eyes. Somewhere something bad was to happen.

Agnes draws Image

:D
OOC:   If Zoey gets a chance to equip Lightening Gun we can do it!

Edit: Agnes can't evade Cnidathqua, she's doomed!  

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Maybe not. If [b]Cnidathqua[/b] is not engaged with me, all I should have to do is move to the next location, and I won't be attacked. Even if I am engaged, I can first engage [b]Don Lagorio[/b] and then use both Blinding Light and Survival Instinct. This will allow me to evade [b]Don Lagorio[/b] and simultaneously do 2 damage to him, then immediately disengage with every other enemy engaged with me (which is not the same as evading [b]Cnidathqua[/b]) and move to another location for free. I just have to hope I don't take a horror from Blinding Light, but even if I do, the [b]Abbess[/b] can take it for me.

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Ha ha! Oops, Cnidathaqua is set aside, I guess it appears when one of the agendas is flipped.  
Agnes draws Image Streets of Venice
OOC:   Plan? We need to kill Don Lagorio. Can Agnes deal 2 damage? I would like Zoey to spend her actions gaining resources, oh and she needs to play "Prepared for the Worst."  

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Phew! I was wondering what that thing was doing mixed in with the regular encounters. Drawing it on the first turn would be very nasty if that were allowed! I can probably do 2 damage to [b]Don Lagorio[/b]. I can engage him, then use Blinding Light to evade. If I take a point of horror, the [b]Abbess[/b] will have to take it instead. If that fails, I can then attack with my axe as long as I don't lose an action. Shall I go ahead and try?

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:01 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Yes. If needed Zoey will re-engage and use her Cross.  

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Investigator Phase 8

"Leave her alone!" cries Agnes to the man attacking Zoey. "Try me instead!"

"Not instead," he says, rounding on Agnes. "First."

Now that Agnes has his attention, she points a hand at him, sending a massive flash of light straight into his eyes and causing him to bellow in agony. The Abbess sees this and is reduced to a gibbering wreck.
OOC,Action 1: Engage [b]Don Lagorio[/b] Action 2: Play Blinding Light to evade [b]Don Lagorio[/b], spending 1 additional resource as a Fast Action for +1 Will. Will test (5 stat +1[Arcane Studies]=6 vs. 3[[b]Don Lagorio[/b]]): [dice]0[/dice] 6 -2 (or -3 if the dead [b]Innocent Reveler[/b] counts as under the agenda card) = 4 (or 3) vs. 3: success. 2 damage dealt to [b]Don Lagorio[/b]. [b]Abbess[/b] takes 1 horror and is defeated. [b]Agnes[/b] loses the next action.

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:58 pm
by Tabs
OOC:  
6 -2 (or -3 if the dead Innocent Reveler counts as under the agenda card) = 4 (or 3) vs. 3: success. 2 damage dealt to Don Lagorio. Abbess takes 1 horror and is defeated. Agnes loses the next action.
These two points, I'm sure that they are correct but which cards say it?

Also...

...we didn't take 1 horror when she died. Is that game over?  

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yeah, I guess that's it for us. At least when I take that last point of horror, I get to inflict a point of damage on [b]Don Lagorio[/b] and finish him off, so that's one more victory point.

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:29 pm
by Tabs

Zoey clasped her cross. She squeezed it hard, so hard that one of its arms snapped; it was broken and now useless. "Did it ever have power?" she asked, fallen upon her knees and beseeching an empty sky. The stars seemed to twinkle in answer. Zoey smiled stupidly up at heaven, and the uncaring carnival passed on.

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:17 pm
by Mr. Handy

Agnes's eyes flash as the power flowing through her overwhelms her. Memories of an ancient past flood her mind, and she is lost in them. "There is no Agnes only Zuul," she says.

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:12 pm
by Tabs
We had tough encounter card draws from the start. In hindsight I'd definitely add cards to my deck which healed health and sanity. If we were sat at a table and could finish the scenario in one evening I'd suggest we play again, but no... Do you fancy playing the Dunwich Legacy campaign?

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I'd like that.

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:18 pm
by Tabs
Great! I planned on using all cards as on arkhamdb, so any Investigator including promo ones but excluding anyone I've played before; what/who do you want?

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll take a random investigator from all of those available, whether I've played them before or not.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:11 pm
by Tabs
Core 1-5, Dulwich 6-10, Carcosa 11-16, promo Norman Withers and Marie Lambeau.

Mr. Handy [dice]0[/dice]

ImageImage

Tabs [dice]1[/dice] Daisy, roll again [dice]2[/dice] ha! [dice]3[/dice]

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nice! I probably won't have time to build my deck until the weekend.