Page 1 of 1

Midnight Masks

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:14 pm
by Tabs
In the wake of the disaster at your home, Lita Chantler, the red-haired woman from your parlor, lays out a tale that - even in light of what you have just witnessed - strains the limits of your belief. "The creatures in your home," she claims, "are called ghouls - cruel beings who plague the crypts, caverns, and tunnels beneath the city of Arkham..."

"These creatures feed on the corpses of humans, and they are served by a dark cult within Arkham whose members have inexplicably come to worship the ancient master of the ghouls. This cult has been killing innocent people and feeding them to the ghouls, satiating a monstrous hunger. A dark balance was maintained. Until now. Recently," Lita continues, "one of their lairs, where the corpses were stored, was destroyed. Since then, the ghouls have been more active than usual. I have tracked their movements and tried my best to stop them from running amok throughout the city. But I think there is something worse going on. The cult has been planning something darker, and more ominous, than anything I have yet observed. Indications are that this plan shall come to fruition tonight, shortly after midnight. Beyond that, I cannot fathom what to expect."

"Many of the cultists," Lita continues, "will seem like everyday people, despite their foul intentions. Whenever the cult meets, its members don masks shaped like the skulls of various animals to protect their identities from one another. These masks are our mark. Symbols of death and decay. We must unmask the cultists to expose and derail their plans. We have but a few hours. The more cultists we find before midnight, the better."

OOC:   I'll post our starting hand tomorrow.  

Re: Midnight Masks

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:03 pm
by Tabs
ImageImageImageImageImage
OOC:   What do you think? Take a mulligan if you wish.  

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No mulligan for me, I love my starting hand! Getting the Old Book of Lore at the outset is great, and Scrying in conjunction with Drawn to the Flame is awesome! The other cards are nice too.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm
by Tabs
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage 1 doom [Acolyte at Southside]

ImageImage [Investigators]

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:44 pm
by Tabs

Skids's house burned. "I only had the one picture of my mother--in a frame, on my desk." He leant against the warehouse wall, watching the water ripple and bubble. "I guess it's gone by now." He said to Daisy: "Let's clean up this place," and pulled a .41 Derringer out of his jacket pocket.
OOC:   I propose that Skids plays .41 Derringer, moves to Southside, and fights the cultist.  

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:32 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 1 Investigation Phase

"Right," says Daisy with a determined nod. "If we split up, we can cover more ground in less time. I'll start by looking for information in this neighborhood."
OOC,Sounds good. I think I should play the Old Book of Lore, use it (for free), and investigate twice to try to find both clues, which I will as long as I don't roll tentacles. It may be best if I go first. That way you can be the one who draws three cards and chooses one this turn, and if for some reason I miss a clue here, you could have a crack at it before moving. I was going to say that a location is missing, but when I looked at arkhamdb I saw that one of them was Your House, which is now gone.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:16 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Okay. Old Book of Lore may prove very useful.  

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:03 am
by Mr. Handy

Daisy looks through an old book she managed to salvage from the house before it burned down and finds some useful bits of information that she shares with Skids. Then she scours the neighborhood for clues as to where the members of the cult might be found.
OOC,We're going to need the Easy/Standard side of the scenario card. Action 1: Play Old Book of Lore. 3 resources spent. Action (Free): Activate Old Book of Lore. [b]Skids[/b] searches the top 3 cards of his deck, draws one, and shuffles the others back into his deck. Action 2: Investigate: Intellect 5 vs. Shroud 1: [dice]0[/dice] Success! 1 Clue gained. Action 3: Investigate: Intellect 5 vs. Shroud 1: [dice]1[/dice] Success! 1 Clue gained. Elder Sign effect causes me to draw 3 cards. Wow, we're off to an excellent start! :D .

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:17 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Midnight Masks scenario card is now up.  
Skids draw,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/01048.png[/img]
ImageImageImage
OOC:   Superb!  

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:41 pm
by Tabs

Action 1: play .41 Derringer; spend 3 resources.

Action 2: move to Southside.

Action 3: Fight [.41 Derringer] the cultist.

Spend 1 ammo. Strength 3 +2[.41 Derringer] Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] [skull -1] vs. 3

Acolyte added to our victory display [1].

"Much appreciated, Miss Walker," said Skids.

He whistled as he walked over to Southside. The inviting aroma of hotpot drew Skids into Ma's Boarding House, a regular haunt of his, where he was soon sat at table, armed with his racing spoon before a steaming dish of stew.

"What's the meat, Ma?" he asked the elderly proprietress. "Smells," he inhaled appreciatively, "mighty good!"

"Hell man! What the fuck you talking' about?" spat out a guest, who had been glaring at Skids ever since he entered Ma's' dining room. "It's dog, can't you see the snout?" Skids looked into the dish... there was something odd about the stew... "Now calm--" he started saying.

The absurd man pulled a mortified-looking Ma downward and plunged her face into the scolding stew.

"Bastard!" cried Skids, and shot the cultist between the eyes.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:35 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Upkeep Phase

Skids: Image and gain 1 resource.

Daisy: Image and gain 1 resource.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:59 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [1/6].

Skids: Image
OOC:   Skids has Unexpected Courage [+2], but discarding his .41 Derringer wouldn't be a huge loss...  
Revelation: Willpower 2 Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] [0] vs. 4

Discard .41 Derringer.

Daisy: Image

Attached to Southside.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That locked door isn't as much of an obstacle as it seems. If I go first, I can move to Southside, use the Old Book of Lore for free so that you can draw another card (you'll need a new weapon, and my hand is full already), play the Disc of Itzamna, and then use Drawn to the Flame to grab the two clues in Southside (which does not count as an Investigate action). If the encounter card I draw is a monster you can't handle, I can use the disc to get rid of it. Then on your turn, you can spend the 4 clues to draw a Cultist.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:27 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   I like it when you plan the move. Yes, sounds good.

I've played this scenario solo, twice before, but didn't advance the act or agenda. Seems promising so far...  

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:17 pm
by Mr. Handy

Turn 2 Investigation Phase

Having discovered an important lead, Daisy slips on the strange amulet Lita had given her and hurries after Skids to fill him in on what she's learned and check out an address there that may have significance. While the door proves to be locked, she discovers an open window. Throwing caution to the wind, she climbs inside.
OOC,Action 1: Play Disc of Itzamna. 3 resources spent. Action 2: Move to Southside Action (Free): Activate Old Book of Lore. [b]Skids[/b] searches the top 3 cards of his deck, draws one, and shuffles the others back into his deck. Action 3: Play Drawn to the Flame. Encounter card drawn.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:51 pm
by Tabs

Play Drawn to the Flame...

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nuts, I was hoping for a second Locked Door that would go to Rivertown and do nothing. I'd rather not lose either of my Assets, but that's highly likely to happen if no cards are committed. Do you think it's worth it to use Unexpected Courage, and I could us Fearless? Then my odds would be pretty good.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:35 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Yes. Disc and Old Book are worth hanging on to.  

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:19 am
by Mr. Handy

Daisy finds that the interior of the house is bitterly cold, and she shivers as her teeth chatter. She is tempted to light a fire in the empty hearth, but the only flammable thing she has is her book, and she cannot give that up, so she toughs it out. Eventually her search uncovers the name and address of a member of the cult, and she goes back outside to tell Skids.
OOC,Will test (3 + 2[Unexpected Courage] + 1[Fearless] = 6 vs. 4): [dice]0[/dice] Success! No effect from Crypt Chill. [b]Skids[/b] draws a card. 2 clues discovered from Southside.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:47 am
by Tabs

"Ruth Turner," read Skids, "a mortician at St. Mary's Hospital." He noticed how cold Daisy was, and gallantly hung his jacket over her shoulders. "Good work," he tapped the address book which Daisy had found. "It's a big place--this Ruth Turner may be tricky to find."
OOC:   Gain a resource, move to St Mary's, and evade Ruth Turner--if I add Pickpocketing to the test, that's 5 vs. 5, any negative modifier and Skids will play Sure Gamble?  

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Sounds like a good plan. Skulls will be -0 right now, so one of them would succeed, and you wouldn't even need to use Sure Gamble. This will only fail on tentacles, which is the best for which we can hope. If it works, we'll be a third of the way done already, as long as the Acolyte counts as a "unique Cultist." The .41 Derringer is not displayed in your Discards button.

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am
by Tabs

Action 1: gain 1 resource.

Action 2: move to St. Mary's Hospital.

Action 3: evade Ruth Turner. Agility 4 +1[Pickpocketing] vs. 5 Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] [-2] play Sure Gamble and spend 2 resources, token changes to +2. Success.
OOC:   I'm sure that the Acolyte counts toward our search for 6 unique cultists.  
St. Mary's Hospital is a large building; Skids's hope of finding the mortician in the warren of rooms took a nasty dent. He wandered inside, staring up at the list of departments: Paediatric, Chiropractic, Surgery, Basement... "ah," he thought, "she must be down there in the basement, where else?"

He "accidentally" bumped into a fat man in white coat, removing the name tag at the same time.

"Can I access the Mortuary?" said Skids to a sullen-looking youth. "I'm Dr. Roxas," and he fingered the tag pinned to the shirt. The youth pressed a switch, there was a buzzing sound and a click, which came from the door he guarded.

Skids entered a white-tiled laboratory, or dissecting room. The mortician looked up from a cadaver, the apron she wore was smeared in red stuff, her expression changed to one of impatient question.

"Ruth Turner?" said Skids.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:20 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Upkeep Phase

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Your card is great, and it will be very useful later for blasting a cultist that's too tough to fight directly, I'm sure. Mine, not so much.

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:41 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [2/6].

Revelation: Agility 4 vs. 4

[dice]0[/dice] [-2] Take 1 damage and 1 horror and move to Rivertown.

A shroud of darkness enveloped Skids. Did he lose consciousness? Whatever, next he heard a rhythmic beat, flap, flap, flap... and then a looseness in his limbs but a clamp-like sensation on his shoulders. Was he falling?... he opened his eyes. To his horror he found himself dangling above Arkham, being borne through the evening sky. Again, he lost consciousness. He came round, aware of the river, bubbling and rippling, near to where he lay.

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 3 Mythos Phase

Daisy walks down the rainy street, sensing a presence behind her. Glancing back, she sees a shadowy figure. A searing pain suddenly shoots through her head, which she clutches in agony as her vision swims and she gets dizzy.
OOC,2 damage taken. On my turn, I plan to use my free action on the Necornomicon, activate Ma's Boarding House to draw [b]Dr. Chirstopher Milan[/b], move to St. Mary's, and get healed. I hate to waste a point of healing, as I'm only down by 2, but I can't go around this low on health either. I think you should go first this time, just in case something happens on your turn that requires my attention. None of my planned actions have any random outcomes, but yours might.

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:50 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Investigation Phase

OOC:   I've got Leo in my hand, but Skids only has 3 resources, to increase these I shall stick around Rivertown for this turn.  
Action 1: play Burglary.

Action 2: exhaust Burglary: Investigate Rivertown. Intellect 3 vs. 1 Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-1] gain 3 resources.

Action 3: play Leo de Luca.

Action 4: gain 1 resource.

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 3 Inveetigation Phase

Daisy leafs through one of her books of arcane knowledge, shuddering as the text warps her mind. She then goes inside Ma's Boarding House, where Dr. Milan Chirstopher has just finished dinner. "Miss Walker," he says, "I'm glad to see that you're all right. I called the fire department when I saw that that house was burning. Are you all right?"

"To be honest, I'm not feeling so well," says Daisy. "Can you please come with me to the hospital?"

"Of course." Dr. Milan offers her his arm and helps her to St. Mary's, where she receives expert treatment.
OOC,Free Action: Activate Necronomicon to move 1 horror from it to myself Action 1: Activate Southside to draw [b]Dr. Milan Christopher[/b] Action 2: Move to St. Mary's Hospital Action 3: Active St. Mary's Hospital to heal 3 damage.

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Upkeep Phase

OOC:   How fab are these cards!  

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:15 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Oh, nice! Where was that Ward of Protection last turn?

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:37 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [3/6].

OOC:   Nuts! I wanted to use Burglary next turn.  

Image 1 doom.
OOC:   Where to place Acolyte? Rivertown is connected everywhere except St. Mary's, Northside and Downtown; if Skids is to kill it he needs a weapon, what he has in hand is too valuable... maybe use Daisy's Old Book?  
Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] SKIDS <-> Southside, Miskatonic U., Graveyard, Easttown.

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown.

St. Mary's [2 clues] DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door].

Northside <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown.
OOC:   OR leave Acolyte for now, Daisy to gather clues, Skids to unlock Easttown?  

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Since the Acolyte has to spawn on an empty location, we probably can't spawn it where either of us are. Can we spawn it in Southside? We're done there (unless you ever want to go back for [b]Lita[/b]), so as long as it counts as empty even with a Locked Door, that sounds ideal. I wouldn't want to waste my Ward of Protection or Disc of Itzamna of Blinding Light on a mere Acolyte. You don't have to kill it this turn, as the agenda won't advance next turn unless another one spawns, but if you can it might help.I wouldn't waste any of the cards in your hand to do it, though. We should spawn the Acolyte from the deck rather than the discard pile if we have the option. This turn I plan to use the Necronomicon with my free action and then use it again with my first action to get rid of it before I make any chaos bag draws. Then I can start hunting for clues. You should probably go first again in case I need to do something in response to anything unexpected that happens on your turn.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm
by Tabs
Acolyte to Southside.

Turn 4 Investigation Phase

Action 1: move to Easttown.

ImageImage 2 Clues.

Action 2: Investigate--Intellect 3 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [Cultist -2. Place 1 doom on the nearest Cultist.] Fail and Acolyte in Southside now has 2 doom--oops!

Action 3: Investigate--Intellect 3 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]1[/dice] [-1] Success, gain 1 Clue.

Action 4: Investigate--Intellect 3 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]2[/dice] [-1] Success, gain 1 Clue.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nuts! It would be hard for me to kill that Acolyte this turn. I can't equip the Knife until I get rid of the Necronomicon, and then I won't have enough actions left to fight. I could try using Blinding Light, but there's a very good chance I would fail. Do you think I should just stick with my original plan and try to grab the clues?

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:12 am
by Tabs
OOC:   I think stick to your plan; get rid of Necronomicon and gather those Clues.  

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 4 Inveetigation Phase

Daisy finishes leafing through the horrid book and throws it away in disgust. Then she searches St. Mary's Hospital for information that will help her locate other members of the cult. She finds some helpful leads in Ruth Turner's locker and abandoned purse.
OOC,Free Action: Activate Necronomicon to move 1 horror from it to myself Action 1: Activate Necronomicon to move 1 horror from it to myself. Necronomicon discarded. Action 2: Investigate: Intellect 5 vs. Shroud 2: [dice]0[/dice] Success! 1 clue gained. Action 3: Investigate: Intellect 5 vs. Shroud 2: [dice]1[/dice] Success! 1 clue gained.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:22 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Upkeep Phase

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 am
by Tabs
Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U., Graveyard, Easttown.

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown SKIDS.

St. Mary's DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door, Acolyte with 2 doom].

Turn 5 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [4/6] +2[Acolyte].

Advance the agenda...

OOC:   Engaged with Skids. He could Evade and use Sneak Attack, Move, and then throw 2 sticks of dynamite. :)  

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That sounds good to me, though it will take a few turns to amass enough resources to do all that. Backstab plus Unexpected Courage could replace the second Dynamite Blast for a finishing move to save resources, as long as you're not unlucky. I guess you should go first. After you use your Sneak Attack and flee, you can use Burglary to get more resources. On my turn, I can spend our clues to reveal the next cultist as long as you manage to evade successfully and you think it's a good idea. I' can meet up with you in Rivertown to use the book and get you another card out of your top three. I'll also want to play something of my own to avoid losing cards.

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:24 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Resources--I forgot about those... Oh, here's our encounter.  

He takes 2 damage.

OOC:   Oh dear!  

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 5 Mythos Phase

As Daisy makes her way out of the hospital, a horrid black winged creature swoops down on her from above! Shrieking, she thrusts her amulet at it. A bright light flares, and when it is gone, so is the monster.
OOC,Discard Disc of Itzamna. Discard Hunting Nightgaunt. Boy am I glad I had that thing!

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:29 pm
by Tabs

Turn 5 Investigation Phase

Action 1: Evade the Masked Hunter--Agility 4 vs. 2, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-1] Success, Masked Hunter exhausted.

Action 2: Play Sneak Attack [spend 2 resources]--Masked Hunter [2/8]

Action 3: Move to Northside.

ImageImage 4 clues.

Action 4: gain 1 resource.
OOC:   I messed up. The shroud is too high at Northside for Burglary. Should've gone back to Rivertown.  
He saw the leather jacket at first, and couldn't help but think: "How cool is that?"; then the curved blade and animal skull mask... The Masked Hunter stalked purposefully through the rain; Skids knew that he was no match against it. Skids pressed himself close to a wall, feeling terribly frightened. Breathing steady, shallow puffs, gripping the makeshift garrotte, a cheese wire, he waited for it to pass by.

He wiped bloody fingers upon his trouser leg as he looked around the train station. There were so many passengers that he groaned in despair: he'd never be able to burgle the place. Some careless person had left a parcel unattended; he picked it up, took a few steps away, and was quickly swallowed by the crowd.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Rivertown has Obscuring Fog, so the odds would have been the same, but it would have been more convenient for me to go there. I can still help you out with my book, though. Unfortunately, it's out of my way. I was hoping to get to Easttown so I could play my Ally cheaper. I'll have to go by way of Miskatonic University to get to Northside, but first I'd better spend our clues so we can reveal the next Cultist (unless you think that's not a good idea).

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:37 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Oh yeah, I forgot about Obscuring Fog, I didn't mess up then. ;) Remember, the Masked Hunter is in Easttown.  
Spend 4 clues.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Perfect! I think I should head towards the Graveyard so I can take care of [b]Herman[/b] next turn, seeing as I have a full hand of cards. I'll use the book on myself right now, then wait to see what my cards are before I proceed. I plan to play the Knife and one other card before moving one step closer. Next turn I can hopefully use the book again, finish moving to the Graveyard, and Parley.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:55 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Tut. Re. Skids move, I've just realised that Northside is NOT connected to Easttown. I'm inclined to let it go, what do you think?  
Start of Turn 5.

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U., Graveyard, Easttown.

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown SKIDS.

St. Mary's DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door, Acolyte with 2 doom].

OOC:   Daisy's cards coming...  

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm
by Tabs
ImageImageImage

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, I think you should place yourself in Rivertown, which is where I'd asked you to go so we could meet up and I could use the book on you. I was confused as to why you went another direction, and I hadn't realized there was no connection, or I'd have said you should just go to Rivertown instead. Please put those three cards back on top of my deck in the same order, and I'll pretend I never saw them (I'll get them again soon enough). I'll go back to my original plan, which is to move twice to Rivertown (by way of Miskatonic University), use the book on you for free, and then equip my Knife. That will set me up better for going to the Graveyard next turn, and maybe you'll draw one of your Emergency Caches so you can get more resources for your Dynamite Blasts. Also, didn't the Acolyte's doom tokens go away when the agenda advanced?

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Okay. Skids at Rivertown. And 2 doom on Acolyte was used up to advance the agenda.  

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 5 Inveetigation Phase

Daisy makes her way through the darkened streets of Arkham to Rivertown, where she once again meets up with Skids. Together, they are able to compare notes and figure out the identity and location of another of the cultists.
OOC,Action 1: Spend 4 clues as a group to draw the top card of the Cultist deck. Action 2: Move to Miskatonic University (unlocking it). Action 3: Move to Rivertown Free Action: Activate Old Book of Lore to allow [b]Skids[/b] to search the top 3 cards of his deck and draw one, shuffling the others back in. I would have liked to play my Knife and have you spend your fourth action to reveal the Cultist. If you're willing to do that, then I'll play my Knife instead so that I don't have to discard a card needlessly. You can still guarantee getting 5 resources next turn so you can use a Dynamite Blast (you'll still have one, you'll gain one in Upkeep, and you can collect three more before using your fourth action for the Dynamite Blast next turn.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:24 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Okay. Skids to ditch 1 resource but instead to spend action revealing Herman.  
ImageImage

Skids: ImageImageImage

Hard Knocks added to hand.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:43 pm
by Tabs
Turn 5 Upkeep Phase

Skids: Image and gain 1 resource. (I did shuffle my deck.)

Start of Turn 6.

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] SKIDS DAISY <-> Southside, Miskatonic U. [4 clues], Graveyard [Herman Collins], Easttown [Masked Hunter]

Downtown <-> Northside, Easttown

St. Mary's <-> Miskatonic U., Southside [Locked Door, Acolyte]

Northside <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Actually, I had a better idea earlier today. I'd forgotten that playing the Magnifying Glass is a fast action. Give yourself back the resource (you'll need it before long anyway), and I'll just play the Magnifying Glass at the end of my Turn 5 actions.

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:38 am
by Tabs
OOC:   1 resource added to Skids.  
Turn 6 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [1/8].

Revelation--Agility 4 vs. 4, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-2] take 1 damage and 1 horror, move to Rivertown.

From the evening sky came the dreaded flap-flap-flap; Skids shuddered. He reached out to Daisy before being plucked into the air. "Miss Walker," he cried, resignation and despair in his voice.

OOC:   Where shall we place him? If Easttown I can throw dynamite, kill it and damage the Masked Hunter...  
Place 1 doom on Wizard of the Order.

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, definitely place it in Easttown, so it'll get blown up by the Dynamite Blast. Next turn you can collect two resources, use the Dynamite Blast, and then move away so the Hunter doesn't attack you. You might want to join me in the Graveyard, but it is a dead end (literally). I'll use the book on myself, go there, and parley with the gravedigger. I'll ditch Scrying, Forbidden Knowledge, Arcane Initiate, and one other card (depending on what I draw). We should have four unique cultists defeated after this turn, and the fifth on the ropes. I think we're in good shape. Are you allowed to move to Rivertown from that effect when you're already there? It does seem to be the only Central location.

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Just realised, Wizard of the Order spawns at an empty location, so I propose Northside. Skids can kill it, and use Evidence Collection, in a few turns; he'll throw dynamite and move to Miskatonnic U. this turn, and then Backstab the Masked Hunter next turn.

Daisy to go first.

?  
Unlocked,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/01133.jpg[/img]
OOC:   Er--Easttown is closer to the Graveyard than Miskatonic U., it'll catch Daisy... how about she moves to M. U. as well?

Um--now I think that unless we move 2 locations away the Masked Hunter will catch us because 1 location away from Rivertown is also 1 location away from Easttown. Skids to stop in Rivertown, throw dynamite, but take a hit during the Enemy Phase.  

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The Masked Hunter is in Easttown right now, which is one away from Rivertown. I'm moving to the Graveyard, so I'll be two away. You can collect two resources, throw your Dynamite, and move to the Graveyard, putting you two away. We'd be trapped there, but maybe you could backstab and evade later. Or I could use Blinding Light. Or Miskatonic University is two spaces away (only Rivertown and Downtown are next to Easttown). I can go first. The first thing I'll do is use the Book of Old Lore. I was planning to use it on myself, as I'm going to be giving up four cards, but I can use it on you instead if you prefer. You really need to generate resources fast to use all your goodies, so hopefully you'll draw an Emergency Cache too. That would also give you a spare action this turn.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:06 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   I got muddled. Skids will go to M. U. then. Two things to note: I think I ditched my Emergency Cache in favour of a 2nd Dynamite Blast, and that there's a forced penalty on entering the Graveyard.  

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You could use Burglary in the Graveyard, but you don't want to take the hit for entering. If your Emergency Cache is still in your deck, it may be near the top if you're lucky. If you have two of them in there, that increases the odds of drawing one. I'll use the book now. Do you want me to use it on you, or should I use it on myself? I should probably ditch the Knife as my fourth discard. I have another one in mu deck, and I don't fight so well even with it.

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:14 pm
by Tabs
Daisy to use Old Book.

ImageImageImage

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 6 Inveetigation Phase

Trembling with fright, Daisy carefully makes her way into the graveyard. She overcomes her terror and ventures into the gravedigger's shack. It is deserted other than for various tools of his trade.

"Well, well, well," said a man carrying a shovel as he entered the shack, filling the doorway. "You shouldn't be wandering around here," he said, his voice dripping with menace. "Something could happen to you."

"Please don't hurt me, Mr. Collins," she says. "I can offer you all sorts of secret knowledge and magical power..."

Collins seemed calmer now. "Well, now we're talking!" Once Daisy has shared what she knows, he smiles and steps out of her way, even giving her some gifts. "Thank you, that was truly fascinating. I really want to tell my cousin Barnabas about this - whenever he wakes up from his long slumber, that is."
OOC,Free Action: Activate Old Book of Lore to allow [b]Daisy[/b] to search the top 3 cards of her deck and draw one ([b]Daisy[/b]''s Tote Bag), shuffling the others back in. Action 1: Move to Graveryard (unlocking it). Will test (3 Will vs. 3 Difficulty) entering the Graveyard: [dice]0[/dice] Success! Action 2: Discard Scrying, Forbidden Knowledge, Knife, and Arcane Initiate. Parley with [b]Herman Collins[/b]. Add him to the victory display. Action 3: Play Emergency Cache. Gain 3 resources.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:53 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Investigation Phase

Action 2: gain 1 resource.

Action 3: Play Dynamite Blast. Masked Hunter at Easttown takes 3 damage [5/8].

Action 4: Move to Miskatonic U.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:18 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Enemy Phase

The Masked Hunter [5/8] moves to Rivertown.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:48 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Upkeep Phase

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:03 pm
by Tabs
Start of Turn 7.

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog, The Masked Hunter] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U. [4 clues] SKIDS, Graveyard [4 clues] DAISY, Easttown

Northside [Wizard of the Order] <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:07 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [2/8].

Skids: Image attached to Miskatonic U.

Place 1 doom on Wizard of the Order [2].

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll use my Ward of Protection to cancel that. I can't afford to be that low on health. I think you should go first, collect 2 resources, move to Rivertown, and finish off the Masked Hunter with Backstab and Unexpected Courage (and maybe throw in Hard Knocks to boost your odds). If you succeed, I can get four clues in three actions by using Deduction, as long as I don't draw tentacles.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:34 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Yep, sounds like a good plan.  
Turn 7 Investigation Phase

Action 2: gain 1 resource.

Action 3: Move to Rivertown.

Action 4: Play Backstab.

Fight the Masked Hunter. Agility 4 +2[Unexpected Courage] +1[Hard Knocks] vs. 4, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [-1] 3 damage to Masked Hunter [8/8] defeated. :)

Could he do it, kill the Masked Hunter? Only horrible misfortune would stop Skids from doing it. As it played out, its despatch was straightforward, and Skids need not have worried at all. He removed the mask, and gazed upon the, quite ordinary, face; yes, that was the worst part...

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Daisy consults the book she carries for more information.
OOC,Free Action: Activate Old Book of Lore to allow [b]Daisy[/b] to search the top 3 cards of her deck and draw one, shuffling the others back in.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 am
by Tabs
ImageImageImage

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think I need to reconsider my plan for this round. I wish I'd thought of this before I used the Book of Old Lore on myself. We only have until the end of next round to kill the Wizard, or the agenda will advance, and you've already gone this round. Instead of finding 4 clues in the Graveyard, I need to join you in Rivertown and prepare for next turn (by using the Holy Rosary. That does leave me an action to get two clues with Deduction, at least. Next turn, I'll use the book on you, move twice to get to Easttown where the Wizard is, I can then attempt to use Blinding Light to evade him and hit him for one damage, committing my Tote Bag to maximize my odds. Then you'll have to finish him off somehow on your next turn. If you can't, then you'll need to use your fourth action to resign. What do you think?

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:55 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Resign? in our moment of triumph. I think that you over estimate their chances.  
OOC:   Yeah, good thinking. Join with Skids at Rivertown. Next turn, Daisy to Activate Old Book on Skids (hoping for cards with Strength icons), and then Play Blinding Light on the Wizard; if Skids doesn't kill the Wizard he'll Resign.  

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy

Daisy searches the graveyard and finds some leads on one of the cultists. She finds a rosary, which she puts on before leaving the cemetery and meeting Skids.
OOC,[b]Daisy[/b] keeps Holy Rosary. Action 1: Investigate (Intellect 5 + 1[Magnifying Glass] + 1[Deduction] = 7 vs. 1 shroud): [dice]0[/dice] Success! 2 clues discovered. Action 2: Play Holy Rosary Action 3: Move to Rivertown

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:36 am
by Tabs
Turn 7 Upkeep Phase

"Miss Walker--Daisy, may I call you Daisy?" He looked involuntarily at the trash dumpster where he'd thrown the Masked Hunter's corpse, "Four down, only two more of 'em to find. I wish that I had more resources... and you seem to have so much"--eyeing her tote bag. "I'll be better prepared next time, if there is another one for Skids O'Toole, that is."

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 7 Upkeep Phase

"Sure, Skids," says Daisy. "We've been through enough together, I guess. I wish Lita were here. She'd be able to help us. Let me see what I've got that might help." She looks through her bag.
OOC,I just hope we don't have nasties spawning on top of us. That .41 Derringer is a great start, it's just a shame you don't have a spare action to get enough resources and equip it. If you pull an Emergency Cache, take it. You can use it with your first action, get another resource with your second, move with your third, and throw the dynamite with your fourth for an automatic kill. Failing that, if you draw another Sneak Attack, that will do the job too after one of us evades it.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:14 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [3/8].

Place 1 doom on Wizard of the Order [3].
OOC:   Hey! We have turn 9 for investigator actions as well. The second step of the Mythos Phase is to advance the agenda, but next turn and at this point doom will equal only 7...  

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I hadn't realized that. Still, we're not guaranteed a ninth turn. If a cultist token is drawn from the chaos bag, that will place another doom token and end the game after this turn. We may want to proceed as planned anyway, but let's see what three cards you draw when I use the book before making that decision. If we do get that extra turn, you may get to equip and use the Derringer.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:28 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Investigation Phase

Action 1: Evade the Hunting Nightgaunt. Agility 4 vs. 1...
OOC:   If I draw a -2 Skids will fail. He needs 1 more Agility, and Daisy has Blinding Light. Can Skids use it?  

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's not a good idea, for a few reasons. First of all, I need to go first, or you won't be able to draw cards when I use the Book of Old Lore. Maybe one of the cards you draw will help. I also need to use Blinding Light to hurt the Wizard, as it's the only way I can damage it. I'll use the Book of Old Lore as my free action. You should draw your cards, and we can decide which one you should keep.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:27 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Okay. So Daisy to go first?  

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:13 am
by Mr. Handy

Daisy continues to rummage through her bag.
OOC,Free Action: Activate Old Book of Lore. [b]Skids[/b] searches the top three cards of his deck and draws one.

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:00 pm
by Tabs
ImageImageImage

Skids chooses the .45.

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:37 pm
by Mr. Handy

Daisy flees north from the flapping horror overhead, only to run into a nasty-looking robed figure chanting and making arcane gestures. He sees her and rushes at her, but she makes a gesture of her own, and a flash of light explodes in his face and knocks him backwards!
OOC,Action 1: Move to Miskatonic University Action 2: Move to Northside Action 3: Play Blinding Light to Evade Wizard of the Order (Will 3 + 1[Holy Rosary] + 2[[b]Daisy[/b]'s Tote Bag] = 6 vs. 2 Agility): [dice]0[/dice] Success! 1 damage dealt to Wizard of the Order. You should hopefully be able to evade the Nightgaunt. If you draw a cultist token, you'll have to move twice to join me and then make a last desperate attack on the Wizard (or resign if you don't like the odds). Otherwise, you can move to Miskatonic U. and prepare for next turn by collecting resources and getting ready to play the .41 Derringer.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:46 pm
by Tabs

Action 1: Evade the Hunting Nightgaunt. Agility 4 +1[.45 Automatic] vs. 1, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [0]

Action 2 and 3: gain 1 resource.

Action 4: Play .41 Derringer.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Instead of using your fourth action to play the .41 Derringer, you should move to Miskatonic University. Otherwise, the Nightgaunt will just engage you when it recovers and you'll have to evade it again. This way, you can play the .41 Derringer next turn, then move to join me, and then attack the Wizard. You'll have two shots. If for some reason you miss both times and I don't get Shrivelling or something else that will let me finish off the Wizard, I'll have to resign on my next turn. Or you could just gain a resource where you are and throw the dynamite, especially if another monster spawns at my location. I'm at full health, so I can take it.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:53 am
by Tabs

Action 4: Move to Miskatonic U.

Turn 8, end of Investigation Phase

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog, Hunting Nightgaunt (Exhausted)] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U. [4 clues, Locked Door] SKIDS, Graveyard [2 clues], Easttown

Northside [4 clues, Wizard of the Order [1/2] +3 doom (Exhausted)] DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I already found 2 of the 4 clues in the Graveyard, and Wizard of the Order has taken 1 damage, so one more will finish him. If I don't draw Shriveling, you should go first and try to finish him off. Of course, we still don't know what encounters we'll draw in the Mythos phase.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:50 am
by Tabs
OOC:   Edited the game state above.  
Turn 8 Upkeep Phase

Ready all exhausted cards.

OOC:   A thought: Skids has Evidence Collection (1 clue for a kill), and there is the location ability as well (2 clues for 5 resources).  

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'd thought of using the location's ability, but that would run me out of resources. If you have a spare resource after killing the wizard, you probably should use Evidence. Then I only need one clue on my turn before we have enough that we can reveal the last cultist we need to collect.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:58 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [4/8].

Advance agenda... [doom is 7/8].
OOC:   These cards are the last two. Next turn I'll need to reshuffle, I think there is a penalty due to an empty deck...  
Skids: Image [1 doom]
OOC:   Where shall he go?  
Daisy: Image Place 2 doom on Wizard [5].

Add 1 doom to Wizard [6].

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,We absolutely have to kill the Wizard this turn, or we lose. I have zero chance of being able to hit, so it's up to you. You'll need to go first. You don't actually have the .41 Derringer equipped, so you'll need to play that first, taking a damage from the Acolyte. Then you'll need to move to Northside with your second action, taking another damage and dragging the Acolyte with you. That leaves you with two actions to attempt to kill the Wizard. Don't waste one attacking the Acolyte first, as we can't risk only having one attack on the Wizard, in case you miss. You should commit Physical Training for the +1 Combat to boost your odds. If you defeat the Wizard in your first attack, you can then try to shoot the Acolyte. If you defeat the Wizard, that leaves me free to use the Book of Old Lore, collect another clue, and then draw the next card from the Cultist deck. If you fail, maybe the book will give me Shriveling. If it doesn't give me that or something else I can use to finish the Wizard, I'll have to resign.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:06 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Good news, Acolyte spawns at an empty location. I choose St. Mary's.  
Turn 9, end of the Mythos Phase

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog, Hunting Nightgaunt] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U. [4 clues, Locked Door] SKIDS, Graveyard [2 clues], Easttown

Downtown [Acolyte] <-> Northside, Easttown

Northside [4 clues, Wizard of the Order [1/2] +6 doom, DAISY <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown

Turn 9 Investigation Phase

Action 1: Play .41 Derringer (resource cost paid last turn).

Action 2: Move to Northside.

Action 3: spend 1 ammo: Fight, Strength 3 +2[.41 Derringer] +1[Physical Training] vs. 4, Mythos token [dice]0[/dice] [skull, doom on cultist, a whopping -6]--oh shit!
OOC:   Skids missed and shot Daisy, 1 damage, also the Wizard retaliated and dealt 1 damage to Skids.  
Action 4: spend 1 ammo: Fight, Strength 3 +2[.41 Derringer] vs. 4, Mythos token [dice]1[/dice] [+1]. 2 damage dealt to the Wizard.

Play Evidence Collection [spend 1 resource], discover 1 clue.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:57 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Nicely done! We might want to spawn the Acolyte Downtown, so we can get to and kill him quickly if we have to take out that doom token. The first thing I do this turn is use my free action to use the Book of Old Lore. Shall I use it on myself, or on you?

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:14 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Placed Acolyte Downtown. Daisy can draw.  
ImageImageImage

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:08 pm
by Mr. Handy

Daisy flees from the robed figure after the blinding flash of light, but the alley she runs into turns out to be a dead end. The wizard steps into the entrance, blocking her retreat, his hands crackling with lightning. "You have interfered for the last time!" he roared, raising his hands. "Now you die!"

"No!" cries Daisy, shrinking back against the wall at the rear of the alley. "Please..." Knowing that she is defenseless, she clenches her eyes shut and waits for the end.

Two shots ring out. Daisy feels something strike her in the shoulder and is slammed into the wall. Her eyes snap open, and she sees the cultist lying dead in the alley entrance. Behind her stands Skids with a smoking derringer in his hand. "Thank you," she says, slumping over. "You've saved my life." Then she clutches her shoulder to stop the bleeding. "Maybe you should practice your shooting some more before you try it again, though." She consults something in the book she carries, and suddenly it all clicks. "I think I know who one of the members of the cult is!"
OOC,Free Action 1: Activate Book of Old Lore. [b]Daisy[/b] keeps Working a Hunch. Fast Action: Play Working a Hunch. Discover one clue at Norrhside. Action 1: Spend 4 clues collectively to draw the top card of the cultist deck. I'll wait until I see what and where the Cultist is before doing my next two actions.

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:18 pm
by Tabs

Skids rushed up to Daisy. He gently held her arm just beneath the shoulder wound.

"Miss Walker, please forgive me."

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:22 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Of course I forgive you," says Daisy, smiling. "I'll live, and I wouldn't have if you hadn't shown up when you did. Anyway, I just put all the pieces together and realized something. The owner of the Curiositie Shoppe told me that there's a woman named Victoria Devereux who is interested in a mysterious mask in his shop. It's right down the street, and she lives in this neighborhood too. The earlier information I learned at the graveyard connects her to the cult. I have some extra cash. I can go buy that mask right now." She hurries to the shop and purchases the mask, spending every last cent she has. Then she leads the way to Victoria's house and offers it to her if she will tell them what she knows.
OOC,Woohoo! :D That was the best possible outcome! I had been hoping there'd be a Cultist that could be taken care of by spending 5 resources, but to have her appear right on top of us is even better. I've got this, and we don't even have to worry about reshuffling the encounter deck. Action 2: Play Emergency Cache. 3 resources gained. Action 3: Parley with [b]Victoria Devereux[/b]. Spend 5 resources to add her to the victory display. There are now 6 unique Cultists in the victory display, so the Act advances.

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:02 pm
by Tabs

Resolution 1: You've managed to obtain some useful information about the cult and its plans. You can only hope it's enough.

In your Campaign Log, under "Cultists We Interrogated," record the names of each unique Cultist enemy in the victory display.
In your Campaign Log, under "Cultists Who Got Away," record the name of each unique enemy still remaining in the Cultist deck or in play. If it is Agenda 1, record "The Masked Hunter" here as well.
If the Ghoul Priest is in the victory display, cross out "the Ghoul Priest is still alive" in your Campaign Log.
Each investigator earns experience equal to the Victory X value of each card in the victory display.
OOC:   Well played. I'll tot up the experience tomorrow.  

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Thanks! Looking at this, it seems that the Acolyte and Wizard of the Order might not count as unique Cultists in the victory display, as they have no Victory value. It sounds as though we need to get the five cards in the Cultist deck and the Masked Hunter. Do we need to keep playing in the hopes of getting Peter and Drew? EDIT: I checked the rules on arkhamdb.com about Unique, and it says this (see [url=https://arkhamdb.com/rules#Unique]this link[/url]): [quote]Unique () A card with the symbol before its card title is a unique card. There can be no more than one instance of each unique card, by title, in play at any given time. A player cannot bring into play a unique card if a copy of that card (by title) is already in play. If a unique encounter card that shares a title with a unique player card would enter play, discard the player card simultaneously as the encounter card enters play. [/quote] We need to collect cards with the asterisk symbol by their names. Neither the Acolyte or the Wizard have it, so we're not done yet.

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 am
by Tabs

Skids slumped against the alley wall and sunk down upon his haunches.

"Shoot! We've spent this awful night wiping up these slime balls, and two of 'em are not the kingpins we needed to find." He smiled wryly at Daisy, "And I shot my favourite librarian!"
OOC:   I'm inclined to quit this scenario... we've missed out on 2 xp. What do you think?  

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think we should keep playing. I doubt we'll get both of the remaining Cultists, but I think we can at least get one of them. Plus, I'm sure I can find the remaining clues in Northside and score a victory point for that. The Wizard and the Acolyte we killed will have to go back into the encounter deck when it's reshuffled.

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:56 pm
by Tabs
OOC:   Okay; there's a good chance Daisy'll clean up the clues in Northside. I'm enjoying this, but I need a break. Next Tuesday I'll post turn 9 Upkeep Phase.  

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Sounds good to me.

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:44 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Enemy Phase

Hunting Nightgaunt moves to Miskatonic U.

Turn 9 Upkeep Phase

Daisy:Image and gain 1 resource.

Rivertown [Obscuring Fog] <-> Southside, Miskatonic U. [4 clues, Locked Door], Graveyard [2 clues], Easttown

Downtown [Acolyte] <-> Northside, Easttown

St. Mary's <-> Miskatonic U. [Hunting Nightgaunt], Southside [Locked Door, Acolyte]

Northside [2 clues] DAISY, SKIDS <-> Miskatonic U., Downtown

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I believe that the Acolyte Downtown has a doom token from when it spawned. It might be worth killing it next turn.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Mythos Phase

Place 1 doom on the agenda [5/8].

(1 doom on Acolyte Downtown and 1 doom on Acolyte Southside).

OOC:   Ha ha!--worst possible draw.  

"But... but, I just killed the Wizard!"

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Our only chance to have another turn after this one is if you can kill the wizard (again). A lucky shot from the Derringer could do it, but you only have one bullet left. You should go first, as the wizard is engaged with me. If you fail, I'll use the book and investigate twice (unless the book gives me a better option), then resign. It might be best if you engage the wizard with your first action, as you only have one attack with much chance of hitting anyway, and that leaves me free to act without getting hit.

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 am
by Tabs
Turn 10 Investigation Phase

Action 1: Spend 1 ammo .41 Derringer Fight. Strength 3 +2[.41 Derringer] vs. 4, Chaos token [dice]0[/dice] [-4], missed!
OOC:   1 damage to Daisy.  
Action 2: Evade Hunting Nightgaunt. Agility 4 vs. 1, Chaos token [dice]1[/dice] [skull -1], success.

Action 3: Move to Miskaytonic U.

Action 4: Evade Hunting Nightgaunt. Agility 4 vs. 1, Chaos token [dice]2[/dice] [0], success.

Skids' last bullet hit Daisy. He couldn't stomach another miss, and its tragic repercussion, so he dodged the faceless thing instead.

"Run!"
OOC:   Daisy has 3 Health remaining. Investigate twice and then Resign?  

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 pm
by Mr. Handy

Turn 10 Investigation Phase

Daisy looks in horror as the robed figure rises from the dead and stands, chasing after her once more. "Die!" he screeches.

Daisy flees, searching for more leads as she does so, but a stray bullet and the man's blows nearly finish her. Giving up, she runs for her life.
OOC,That means I can't afford to use the book. Action 1: Investigate (Intellect 5 + 1[Magnifying Glass] = 6 vs. 3 Shroud): [dice]0[/dice] Success! 1 clue gained. Doom token placed on Wizard of the Order. 1 damage taken. Action 2: Investigate (Intellect 5 + 1[Magnifying Glass] = 6 vs. 3 Shroud): [dice]1[/dice] Automatic failure. 1 damage taken. Action 3: Resign

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:37 pm
by Tabs
Ruth Turner 1, Herman Collins 1, Victoria Devereux 1, The Masked Hunter 2.

If no resolution was reached (each investigator resigned or was defeated): Read Resolution 1.

Resolution 1: You've managed to obtain some useful information about the cult and its plans. You can only hope it's enough.

In your Campaign Log, under "Cultists We Interrogated," record the names of each unique Cultist enemy in the victory display.
In your Campaign Log, under "Cultists Who Got Away," record the name of each unique enemy still remaining in the Cultist deck or in play. If it is Agenda 1, record "The Masked Hunter" here as well.
If the Ghoul Priest is in the victory display, cross out "the Ghoul Priest is still alive" in your Campaign Log.
Each investigator earns experience equal to the Victory X value of each card in the victory display.

Those who got away: Peter Warren and "Wolf-Man" Drew.

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I didn't realize we both had to resign. In that case, that could be your fourth action, as there's no reason for you to evade when the scenario is ending. I'll take Magnifying Glass (upgrade), Encyclopedia (replacing Arcane Initiate), and Blinding Light (upgrade). As much as I like Cryptic Research, I really need better ways of hurting enemies, and I can't get both.

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:20 pm
by Tabs
Hey. I want to take a good, long break from pbp. When I return I'll send you a PM to see if you feel like playing another scenario.

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
Okay, take care. I'll be ready to play another scenario whenever you are.