Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: The Dunwich Legacy

Post by Tabs »

Investigator Phase 3

Action 1: Activate Museum Halls (spend 2 clues). Put top card of Exhibit deck into play.

Action 2: Move to Exhibit Hall.

ImageImage 2 clues

Wendy has 6 cards [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] ; discard Pickpocket and Flashlight.

Action 3: Move to Museum Halls.
OOC:   My plan is to Investigate Museum Halls, using Resourceful, and take back "Look what I found" from Wendy's discards.  
The great bear's glass eyes followed her around the Nature Exhibit, it was very unnerving for Wendy; each time she shot a glance at its sad, moth-eaten face the bear stared straight back. She imagined a gunshot echoing through woods and the animal crying out in anguish--"What is it with this place?" she thought. Confused, and disturbed by the notion that there was some mystery here which she couldn't understand, Wendy returned to the halls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Investigator Phase

Once the chill is gone, Sefina releases Adam and steps back.

"Wow," he says. "That was...wow..."

"Oui," says Sefina, smiling at him. "It was wow for me too." Adam blushes. "Oh, you are shy. It is all right, I do not bite."

"I...um...I have a girlfriend."

"Well, she is very lucky. Let us continue the search." Just as the flashlight's batteries give out, she finds a catalog detailing the museum's different exhibits. "I think I know where to look for the book. Allons-y." She leads Adam back to the entrance, where she finds Wendy. "I think I know where to look next. Are you all right? You look frightened."
OOC,Action 1: Activate Flashlight, spending 1 supply. Investigate roll (Intellect 2 vs. Shroud (2 - 2[Flashlight] = 0): [dice]0[/dice] -1. Success! Gain 1 clue. Action 2: Move to Museum Halls Action 3: Activate Museum Halls. Spend 2 clues to draw the top card of the Exhibit Deck. It seems a waste to me to use Resourceful to investigate in a room with no clues. I think it's better if you explore the new Exhibit Hall next turn. There will probably be clues there that you can find. If I ever go to the first Exhibit Hall you found, I can guarantee getting those clues by using Drawn to the Flame (which is safe from forced discard because it's underneath my character sheet). Before that, I could try picking the lock on the Administration Office and equipping my second Flashlight, or just using Drawn to the Flame there instead to grab the clues without having to bother with the lock (but that means I won't have it later).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Animals!" Wendy rasped with a dry throat. "Why kill those creatures at all?" She was very upset---"I thought they were crying out to me"---and finished with a half-apologetic mumble, "I dunno..."

OOC:   Let's see the next Exhibit Hall card, but I wonder if the victory point is worth pursuing at the Nature Exhibit?  
Image 4 clues
OOC:   Re. Resourceful, "Look what I found!" and investigating Museum Halls, it's likely that elsewhere Wendy won't find anything with her Intellect 3 vs. 3 or 4.  
Upkeep Phase 3

Sefina draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Wendy draws Image and gains 1 resource.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I thought we had to actually move to an Exhibit Hall before it's revealed, which we can't do until next turn. In any case, I think I should focus on finding clues, as I have the cards for it, while you explore the exhibits. However, let's see what happens in the Mythos Phase.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:  
I thought we had to actually move to an Exhibit Hall before it's revealed
Quite right!  
Mythos Phase 4

Place 1 doom on the agenda (3/5).

Sefina draws Image

Wendy draws Image

Will 4 vs. 5, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] cultist ; trigger Wendy's ability (discard Survival Instinct), chaos token [dice]1[/dice] 0 ; discard 1 card from Wendy's deck.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Even if I can discard assets in my hand rather than those in play, I still would discard the empty Flashlight I'm holding. It's useless to me now, and I may even draw it eventually this way, fully charged again. Plus, I know the second Flashlight is in my hand, so there's no danger of discarding it. I think you should go first this turn and explore the new Exhibit Hall, since we aren't technically supposed to know what's in it until you do. You may want to use an action once there to draw a card, which may help you investigate there (though even investigating there with Resourceful alone gives you a decent chance of success, plus you can get back "Look what I found!"). I'll go to the Administration Office, draw Drawn to the Flame, and use it to get the last two clues there without having to worry about the Locked Door or spending an action to ready my flashlight yet. I'll save about a turn this way, so it doesn't hurt as much to draw the extra encounter card. Then next turn I can spend the clues to reveal the next Exhibit Hall. I think it's more important to move forward quickly, in the hopes that we'll advance the act before the agenda advances.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The 3 discards Image Image Image

BTW Wendy discarded Lucky!

Investigator Phase 4

Action 1: Investigate Museum Halls. Intellect 3 +1[Resourceful] vs. 2, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] -4 ; trigger Wendy's ability (discard Rise to the Occasion), chaos token [dice]1[/dice] cultist (-1) ; success! Take back "Look what I found!"

Action 2: Move to Exhibit Hall, Hall of the Dead.

Action 3: Investigate Hall of the Dead. Intellect 3 vs. 3, chaos token [dice]2[/dice] +1 ; success! 1 clue gained.

The sarcophagi seemed tatty and dusty, like boxes of rubbish, only she knew they were ancient and what they contained; she couldn't make up her mind as to what she felt about them. She swung her leg to and fro, scuffing along the polished concrete floor, and kicked a strip of cloth, which she sent scooting along. She went over to it and picked up a fragment of bandage with curious pictures painted onto it. Slowly it dawned upon her what it was that she held and where it had come from.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Investigator Phase

Sefina and Adam cross the hall to the administration office. The door, which had closed behind Wendy, is now locked, but she is not about to let that stop her.
OOC,Action 1: Move to Administration Office Action 2: Activate [b]Sefina Rousseau[/b] to draw Drawn to the Flame. Action 3: Play Draw to the Flame. Draw the top card of the encounter deck, then discover 2 clues. Well, there go some great fighting cards. :(
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ImageImage

Image :!:

Enemy Phase 4

Hunting Horror deals 1 damage and 1 horror to Sefina.

Upkeep Phase 4

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 4 Enemy Phase

Sefina crawls through the ventilation shaft to reach the office and is able to get a good look inside. Just when she realizes where the hall containing the Necronomicon probably is, she feels something slither up behind her and wrap itself around her leg. With a bloodcurdling scream, she turns and sees the large serpentine monstrosity as it coils around her body, crushing her. Her shriek is abruptly cut off when it slides around her neck and begins to choke the life out of her.
OOC,Backstab sure would have come in handy about now. I still have Elusive, at least, so even if a second monster spawns in my room, I can still guarantee escaping. I'm not sure at what point excess cards in the hand are discarded, though. Taking Elusive into my hand will give me a ninth card.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   It's the final act of the Upkeep Phase.  
Mythos Phase 5

Place 1 doom on the agenda (4/5).

Sefina draws Image :!:

Wendy draws Image
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 5 Mythos Phase

Sefina is agony as the creature throttles her, but she finds an inner reserve of willpower. She is determined not to let her life be snuffed out when she is so young. With all of her strength, she breaks out of the creature's hold.
OOC,Will roll (Will 4 + 2[Unexpected Courage) = 6 vs. 3{Passage into the Veil] + 2{Hunting Horror] = 5: [dice]0[/dice] +1. Success! This turn I'd like to go first. I plan to use my first action to draw Elusive, which does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Then I'll play Elusive as a Fast action to escape automatically to Museum Halls, use my second action to draw the next card from the Exhibit deck, and my third action to move there. Depending on what I reveal, you could either keep looking for clues (Lockpicks would help there) or come join me, unless you can think of a better idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Yeah, go first. Wendy'll clear out the clues from Hall of the Dead, depending on the next exhibit.  
Revealed exhibit,[img]https://arkhamdb.com/bundles/cards/02135.jpg[/img]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 5 Investigator Phase

Sefina scrambles out of the vent shaft and runs over to Adam. Stricken with terror, she grabs his arm. "RUN!" she screams, dragging him back to the entrance hall as the serpentine form of the monster emerges from the shaft to pursue them. Looking around quickly, she points down a hall. "That way!" She pulls him down the hall into the unknown.
OOC,Action 1: Activate [b]Sefina Rousseau[/b] to draw Elusive into my hand. Free Action: Play Elusive, spending 2 resources. Disengage from Hunting Horror and move to Museum Halls. Action 2: Activate Museum Halls, spending 2 clues to draw the next card from the Exhibit deck. Action 3: Move to new Exhibit Hall. You should probably stay where you are and collect more clues.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Good job!  

Action 1: Investigate Hall of the Dead. Intellect 3 vs.3, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] -2 ; fast play "Look what I found!" (spend 2 resources), discover 2 clues.

Action 2: Play Lockpicks (spend 3 resources).

Action 3: Exhaust Lockpicks: Investigate. Intellect 3 +4[Lockpicks] vs. 3, chaos token [dice]1[/dice] +1 ; success! 1 clue gained, Hall of the Dead added to our victory display.

"Everything is going so well!" sang the song in her head. "Careful Wendy," she said aloud. "Careful. When one gets excited is usually when it all goes wrong."
OOC:   Ha ha! I forgot about her Cursed Luck, which'll screw up action 1. Oh dear! Right, I'll sort it out tomorrow.  
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Action 1: = -3 ; cannot play "Look what I found!" card remains in hand. Action 3: = +3 ; 1 clue gained and Cursed Luck discarded.  
Enemy Phase 5

Hunting Horror moves to Museum Halls.

Upkeep Phase 5

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mythos Phase 6

Place 1 doom on the agenda (5/5).

Image Note the Forced text. Image

1 doom added to Hunting Horror.

Sefina draws Image

Wendy draws Image choose asset cards.
OOC:   Wendy to find the final 2 clues at Museum of the Dead. If Wendy finds those clues, she could move to Museum Halls to exhaust Hunting Horror... BTW if Sefina and Wendy are equidistant from Hunting Horror we decide who it moves to.  
Map Phase 6

Museum Entrance

Museum Halls [Hunting Horror and Shadow-spawned] -> SO -> AO

Security Office -> MH -> AO

Administration Office -> MH -> SO

Nature Exhibit [2 clues]-> MH -> HotD

Hall of the Dead [Wendy, 2 clues] -> MH -> NE

Egyptian Exhibit [Sefina, 4 clues, Obscuring Fog] -> MH -> ?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Ack, no, not assets! :shock: That killed most of my hand, and I was just about to play my Flashlight and Derringer! Now I can't fight or investigate, so I'll be mostly useless. If you do move back to the Museum Halls and keep the Hunting Horror busy, however, I can move back there, spend two of your clues (which I can do if we're both there), and then explore the new Exhibit. That's about all I can manage this turn. 5 shroud means that those 4 clues in the Egyptian Exhibit are pretty much off limits without a Flashlight. Maybe the new Exhibit will be okay, or maybe it will even be the one we need to advance the act. By the way, the Nature Exhibit also contains 2 clues, and I believe it and the Hall of the Dead connect to each other.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Er---oops. Map amended.  

Investigator Phase 6

Action 1: Investigate. Intellect 3 vs. 3, chaos token [dice]0[/dice] 0 ; success! 1 clue gained.

Action 2: Exhaust Lockpicks: Investigate. 3 +4 vs. 3, chaos token [dice]1[/dice] cultist (-1) ; success! 1 clue gained and Hall of the Dead added to the victory display.

Action 3: Move to Museum Halls.

Wendy was determined to thoroughly search the exhibit. Despite a fear of the sarcophagi and their inhabitants, especially since her discovery of the bandage, she again looked around the wooden boxes, even checking the wall behind each one, which involved resting her chin against a sarcophagus as she stretched her arm out and felt with her hand. Almost inevitably she pushed against it, and like a row of dominoes the sarcophagi clattered against each other---the din was tremendous and the dust which filled the hall was like a snow storm. Covered with a layer of dust, looking like she worked in a flour mill, she made her way hurriedly to the exit, stepping across the fallen boxes. On top of the last one something sparkled; she picked up two beetle shaped stones---"My clues, at last!" She hopped down and then sped into the museum halls.

Of course her luck couldn't last. A winged red snake swooped upon her, clawing at her head. She flapped wildly at it and screamed, high pitched and very shrill---"Sefina! Sefina help me!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 6 Investigator Phase

"Wendy!" cries Sefina, rushing back to the entrance hall with Adam in tow. But when she gets there, she isn't sure what she can do.
OOC,Action 1: Move to Museum Halls. Action 2: Activate Museum Halls, spending 2 clues to draw the next card from the Exhibit deck. Action 3: Activate Museum Halls, spending 2 clues to draw the next card from the Exhibit deck. That makes five cards we've drawn. How many cards are in the Exhibit deck? There's no way to avoid you taking a hit in the Enemy Phase unless I take it myself and spend an action, and I'm in worse shape. Maybe next turn we (mostly you) can actually kill it now that we're both starting in its room. You can evade it and then use Sneak Attack while it's exhausted for 2 damage, which leaves only one more. With Scrapper, you could possibly finish it off with a third action. Failing that, I can spend three actions to draw Blinding Light, engage the Hunting Horror, and play Blinding Light to deal that last point of damage if I succeed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Dunwich Legacy”