Page 1 of 1

Chapter 4- The Lost Plateau

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:24 pm
by kabukiman
After several days of walk, you find yourselves atop a small crest in sight of a massive, abrupt cliff rising five hundred feet up from the jungle floor. This must be the isolated plateau depicted in the Soldier’s tomb map—the final landmark which points to the lost city of Paititi. Its towering stone walls are dark gray and rough. Thick, low-lying clouds, likely steam vapor from an unseen geyser or other volcanically-heated pool, wreath the plateau in a billowy shroud. The air has a moist smell to it and feels charged with primal energy. Occasional dark, leather-winged shapes flit about the edges of its inaccessible shelf high above, and the screeches in the sky are unlike those of any bird.

OOC: Please make a selection of what material you want to bring from the boat; you cannot take more than 20 kg by person (more or less), or you will have some penalties.

Re: Chapter 4- The Lost Plateau

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:48 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC,I'd like to take the gear I have listed, basically a revolver, Bible, first aid kit, and some camping gear - probably within 20kg? Also, does Alex still have a -5 to physical stats? Can we heal some HPs - we didn't get the chance to use any First Aid and it's been a few days, I think the Pulp Handbook says 2HP/day.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:22 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch will get his tools organized in his outfit, his belt and his tool box. After that is done, he will pack his outdoor camping gear with as much food and water as he can manage. Finally, he will get his weapons, keeping his machete in hand.

"Are we going to have to climb?" He speculates out loud.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:06 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Looks like it," says Harry. "Unless there's a hidden cave with a tunnel leading up or something. Good thing I brought rope." He looks upward. "Are those pterodactyls? We just keep making the most incredible discoveries!"
OOC,I'd like to carry everything on my character sheet for starters, but I don't know how much it all weighs. If it's less than 20 kg, I can add other things we might need from the boat.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:27 pm
by Mephistophilis
Fr Malone strains his neck to take in the towering wall of rock. 'Climb that? You have got to be kidding me' he splutters taking a long pull on his bottle of whiskey. Alex peers up at the dark shapes circling the shelf trying to make them out.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:31 am
by Snapper
OOC:   Is there an equipment weight chart somewhere?

Crowley will bring everything listed in his character sheet plus spare ammunition for the various firearms. He'll also bring binoculars, flashlight, compass, magnifying glass, water bottle and some rope. Finally, if that is still under 20kg, rations, a machete and camping gear would seem a good idea.  
Crowley regards the jungle with displeasure. "As well as those killer goldfish, legend has it there are Amazonian spiders so large the native children keep them on leashes as pets. Members of the tarantula family, I believe. Disagreeable creatures."

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:20 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: By the way, I just remembered now: you have your "double characters" that can take an extra 10 kg each. But only Alex and Harry doubles can bring 10 kg of new material from the boat, because the stuff that Butch and Crowley bring are much heavier (all those weapons, tools, radio...).

The list for now is:

Harry (his double can bring another 10 kg)
45 revolver
machete
rope
shovel
flashlight
lighter
canteen
backpack
rations
pith helmet

Alex: (his double can bring another 10 kg)
32 Revolver and rounds
Bottle whiskey
Holy water
Bible
Crucifix
Wrist watch
Torch (flashlight)
First aid kit
Large box matches and case of cigarillos
Outdoor Camping Gear (backpack, tent, cooking supplies, sleeping roll)

Crowley:
45 revolver (Webley Mk VI) (1d10+2 / 15 yards / 1(3) / 6 shot, 5 bullets loaded)
.38 snub-nosed revolver (Colt Detective Special) (1d10 / 15 yards / 1(3) / 6 shot, 5 bullets loaded)
Double barreled 12 gauge shotgun (4d6/2d6/1d6 / 10-20-50 yards / 1-2 / 2 shot)
Gurkha Kukri knife (1d4+2)
Pipe
Safari suit and pith helmet
binoculars, flashlight, compass, magnifying glass, water bottle and some rope

Butch:
Tool Outfit
Hand Drill
Crowbar
Gasoline Blowtorch
Electricians Gloves
Tool Belt and Safety Strap
Rotary Tool Grinder
Home Tool Set in a Box
Portable Radio
Outdoor Camping Gear (Backpack, tent, cooking supplies, sleeping roll)

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:44 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Don't forget I'm bringing my weapons also.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:50 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm still not sure how much everything weighs, or what supplies we have available on the boat.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:52 am
by Snapper
OOC,So Crowley's double ("Red" Devlin) can't bring anything extra? No problems if that's the case.

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:23 am
by Mephistophilis
OOC,So, what do we need from the boat? More rope, food and water, some machetes, a bit of fuel for cooking/setting fire to things...

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:42 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You have several kind of tools, weapons, tents, food, radio, ropes, medical equipment. The only thing missing is a photographic machine (I'm pretty sure, that one of those old machines would cover the 10 kg). And you can always bring extra food and ammo

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:57 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC,Since none of us has the photography skill maybe we could say one of our helpers does?

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:07 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: I'm ok with that!

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:25 pm
by Mephistophilis
Father Malone hands his assistant Maria Paraguaçu a machete, 'take this my dear, you might need it, perhaps you could carry that fuel can if you have the room'.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:10 am
by Snapper
Camera,Red Devlin is a journalist, I'm happy to say he will have some points in photography. Having said that, portable pocket cameras were well and truly established by the 1920s so if Red's bringing a camera, he's bringing a Kodak folding pocket camera, would be lucky to weigh 500g wet, not 10kg! None of your 1890s equipment!

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:03 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,In that case, I and my assistant will take extra water, food, and ammo.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:11 am
by Mephistophilis
OOC,movie camera?

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:19 pm
by Snapper
Nope,No thank you, Devlin did not want s movie camera. The pocket Kodak will do fine.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:28 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC,Okay, if no one wants it I'll get my assistant to carry some more supplies and amend the post

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:46 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch looks around at the others and all their gear. "I sure hope you guys know how to climb. That's not something I've had a terrible amount of practice at."

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm a skilled climber," says Harry. "I can show you what you need to know."

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:56 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Very well, we wil resume the game.

Please make all a archaeological or natural world roll.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:52 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Natural World: 10%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:44 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Natural World 10 [dice]0[/dice] If no one else makes it, I will spend the 2 points of luck
Butch will follow Harry's lead.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:51 pm
by Mr. Handy

"First let's see if there's a better way up there," says Harry, looking around the area.
OOC,Archaeology roll (66% skill) at the bottom of the cliff: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:28 pm
by Snapper
Crowley lights up his pipe thoughtfully.

"Gentlemen, my impression of that map in the dead Templar's tomb was that we go around the high plateau, not over it. Am I wrong?"

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 am
by kabukiman
You all see very far away in direction of the plateau, some giant flying creatures; they have wigs like bats, but they are very different of bats.
Your path skirts the plateau. You follow it for some time, with its sheer rock face of the towering over you. Eventually you find yourself atop a ridge overlooking the river. Ahead of you is a huge gaping fissure in the earth. Apparently, whatever ancient seismic event isolated the plateau also created the chasm which now blocks your path. Following the lip of the fissure away from the plateau, you come across a giant tree whose massive branches extend out over the chasm. Another such tree grows on the opposite side of the fissure, and it appears that two of their great arms connect together in a mass of branches. If you can climb the trees, you should be able to get to the other side of the chasm.

Please, make climb rolls to go up the tree.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:08 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex mutters grumpily to himself, 'climbing bloody trees at my age what do they think I am, a little boy?'
Alex Climb: 20%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry can't find a firm footing.
OOC,Climb roll (55% skill) climbing the trees: [dice]0[/dice] At least that's not a critical failure! When your skill is over 50%, only a 100 is a fumble.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:02 am
by Snapper
Crowley pauses, "Should we maybe rope ourselves together like mountain climbers, in case anyone falls?"

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:55 pm
by Starspawn338
Looking at the trees, Butch takes a rope and prepares a climbing harness in case he slips over the gorge.
"Should we maybe rope ourselves together like mountain climbers, in case anyone falls?"
"I'm with you on that. I don't want to end up at the bottom of the gorge."
OOC,Climb 20 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:43 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that's an excellent idea," says Harry, taking out his rope and helping to link everyone together.

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:16 am
by Snapper
Crowley, once roped to the others, takes a stab at climbing the tree.
Climb 30%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:43 pm
by kabukiman
With Crowley's help, you manage to climb, but it takes a while.Until you are all up.High in the air, the tree branch you are standing on provides you with a breathtaking view of the Amazon. Sturdy and strong, it is wide enough for you to easily cross single-file without fear of falling.
One by one, you step out onto the branch over the chasm, feeling the warm jungle breeze tug at your clothing. As you reach the point where the two giant trees intertwine, you see that what appeared to be a mass of branches from the ground is actually a huge nest spanning the two enormous branches. Inside the nest are five man-sized eggs. Unfortunately, you will have to pass through the nest in order to reach the other side of the chasm...

OOC: Who is going first?

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:29 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch looks over the nest and the eggs and then to the sky while shaking his head.

"Okay guys, cover me as I go across. Let's try not to disturb anything and let's move fast."

With that, he gingerly enters the nest and attempts to make his way past the large eggs.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex draws his revolver and crouches down scanning the horizon. 'Better get a move on, I didn't like the look of those flying creatures'.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry does likewise, hoping that the mother pterodactyl doesn't return.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:16 am
by Snapper
Crowley draws his revolver then attempts to cross after Butch. "At least there aren't spiders."

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:37 pm
by kabukiman
As soon as the last of you enter the nest, 2 huge creatures fly in your direction; one in front, the other behind you (this one brings something thing in his mouth, a human corpse, that he drops in the nest) and they prepare to attack you.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:03 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC,Any chance to figure out what they are?

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry opens fire, hitting the pterodactyl coming up behind them with his first shot.
OOC,I have the Rapid Fire Pulp Talent, which allows me to fire multiple times per round without a penalty die for it. Please let me know when I can fire my second and third shots. Are we at point blank range? Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at a pterodactyl: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to pterodactyl: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:53 am
by Snapper
Crowley sights his big Webley revolver across the crook of his left elbow and fires one measured shot at the creature in front.
Handgun 75%,[dice]0[/dice]
Damage,[dice]1[/dice] + 2 = 3

Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:36 am
by Mephistophilis
With a shaking hand Alex snatches a shot at the creature behind them and the bullet flies wide.
Handgun 50%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:09 am
by Starspawn338
As the beast approaches, Butch will aim his rifle and fire a shot.
OOC,Rifle 60 [dice]0[/dice] Damage [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:12 pm
by kabukiman
Mephistophilis wrote:
OOC,Any chance to figure out what they are?

You all failed the roll to identify the creatures (even if you know OOC that they are pterodactyls)

Mr: Handy: they are not at blank range, BUT they are big, so I count as if they were. You may fire the second and third shots now.
Please, nobody makes any other shooting or action until I have posted the result of this turn.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry fires twice more, switching targets to the other creature if the one he shot first goes down.
OOC,Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at a pterodactyl, shot 2 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Bonus die for point blank range: [dice]2[/dice] Damage to pterodactyl: [dice]4[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at a pterodactyl, shot 3 of 3: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to pterodactyl from impale: [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:03 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Alex roll dodge please.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:33 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex Dodge: 25%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:34 pm
by kabukiman
All the three manage to kill the creature that is in front of you: it makes a huge scream of pain, and starts falling in the abyss.
Alex on the other suffers the attack of the creature that he is facing alone...

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:34 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Please all make a listen roll.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:35 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:
Listen 40%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Nope.  

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:24 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Listen: 20%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Hard success on the Listen  
OOC Kabukiman,Was that 2hp of damage for me?

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:46 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Listen 35 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:13 pm
by kabukiman
Mephistopheles wrote:
Alex Listen: 20%,[dice]235226:0[/dice]
OOC:   Hard success on the Listen  
OOC Kabukiman,Was that 2hp of damage for me?
Mephistopheles,yes it is do not worry I need someone to be a little hurt to the story

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy

The gunshots are still ringing in Harry's ears, and he can't hear anything.
OOC,Listen roll (20% base skill) in the nest: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 am
by kabukiman
OOC: You can all now shoot the creature.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex is scraped across the chest by a sharp talon and falls back among the leathery eggs. 'Can you hear that?' he shouts, 'there's something moving inside these eggs, I think they want to get out!'

Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry empties his revolver at the remaining pterodactyl, hitting it twice. "Let's take care of the big one, then worry about the little ones!" he calls. "If anyone can't shoot, roll them out of the nest and off the cliff!"
OOC,Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at a pterodactyl, shot 1 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Bonus die for point blank range: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to pterodactyl from .45 bullet: [dice]6[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at a pterodactyl, shot 2 of 3: [dice]2[/dice] Bonus die for point blank range: [dice]3[/dice] Damage to pterodactyl from .45 bullet: [dice]7[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at a pterodactyl, shot 3 of 3: [dice]4[/dice] Bonus die for point blank range: [dice]5[/dice] If the first shot or two kill it, I'll stop shooting at that point and save any remaining bullets.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:56 am
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   If it wasn't killed already  
Alex takes another shot at the monstrous creature and this time manages to hit it square on with a satisfying spray of blood.
Handgun 50%,[dice]0[/dice], bonus die for large creature [dice]1[/dice]
Damage,[dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:58 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch whirls around and shoots at the remaining beast.
OOC,Rifle 60 [dice]0[/dice] Damage 2d6+4 [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 am
by Snapper
Crowley continues his carefully aimed single shots, resting the big Webley across the crook of his left arm...
Handgun 75%,[dice]0[/dice] Bonus die [dice]1[/dice] Regular success.

Damage,[dice]2[/dice] +2 = 11

Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 am
by kabukiman
Daddy (or Mummy) monster is dead now.
You start watching a egg to crack.
You can run or shoot the eggs (there are 4).

Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:22 pm
by Snapper
"Gentlemen, I'd prefer not to have to kill baby giant bat-birds if possible. I suggest we move quickly."

Crowley heads out of the nest.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:01 pm
by Mephistophilis
'I shouldn't think newborns will be in too much of a state to chase us and I'd rather kill less of the local wildlife if I can' says Alex as he hurries after Crowley. 'I don't know what they were but there is something distinctly unnatural about this place'.

Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:36 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's go," says Harry after reloading his revolver. "The babies shouldn't be able to fly, at least."

Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:12 pm
by Starspawn338
Having been crossing the nest already, Butch wastes no time in getting to the other side.
"Gentlemen, I concur. Let us be off."

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:10 pm
by kabukiman
You arrive safely at the other side, just in time to see the eggs hatching and a mini-version of the flying monsters starting to attack the remains one of their parents have brought.
Another two days hacking through the vines of the rainforest brings you to the crest of a small ridge line overlooking a patchwork of fields that radiate out from the tall, stone walls of a fortified city. Your arrival has not gone unnoticed, however. A band of a dozen olive-skinned natives with angled, white-andblack tattoos come out from the city to meet you. Each member of the welcoming committee is armed with a spear and blowgun, but they keep them lowered as they approach you. They speak calmly in a strangelyfamiliar language.

OOC: Please, make all a latin roll.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:01 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry doesn't understand Latin, but he tries to greet the natives in Quechua.
OOC,Language(Latin) roll (1% base skill) to understand the natives: [dice]0[/dice] Actually, I'll spend 1 Luck point to make that a success if nobody else succeeds.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:02 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Latin 40%,[dice]0[/dice] plus bonus die for Linguist [dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Fail  

Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:54 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,Latin 1 [dice]0[/dice]
Butch will hold his hands up, palms out in a peaceful gesture. He has no idea what they are saying.

Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:57 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Latin 31%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Can Crowley use the "pushing" rule to have a second crack at this? He'll repeat words carefully,
possibly make notes in a notebook, conjugate Latin verbs for all he's worth in a very Life of Brian moment...  

Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think it's best not to push the roll. You only have a 31% chance, and there could be disastrous consequences in the likely event that you fail again. Instead, I should just spend 1 Luck to understand them, since I only failed by 1 (I rolled a 2).

Posted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:05 pm
by Snapper
OOC:   All good, makes sense, Crowley will leave it to Harry in that case. Think the 7th Ed rules assume basic communication can take place at 31% skill except in critical situations. I suspect we're in a critical situation currently though.  

Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 pm
by kabukiman
The natives speak an odd form of latin instead of the pure classical latin. They greet you and welcome your expedition to Paititi, the holy
city of the Q’ero, and request that you follow them to meet their rule. They are also pleased that you are not Spanish conquistadores

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Harry, greeting the natives in return. "We will gladly accompany you. You will be happy to know that there are no Spanish conquistadores any more." He translates for his friends.

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:41 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex is rather put out that Harry is so much better able to communicate with the natives. He grumbles about their accents and pointedly corrects Harry's grammar.

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:28 pm
by Snapper
Crowley nods to Harry. "Good work."

"Well, this is a turn up for the books. On my prior expeditions, by now I would normally have shot a treacherous native or a treacherous porter. On one occasion, both. So far this trip, I've just shot some giant bat-birds, and I doubt I was the one who killed them." Crowley seems unreasonably cheered by this.
OOC:   Could Crowley make an Anthropology roll to learn something about the natives and/or a History roll or something to draw any conclusions about natives who speak a Latin dialect?  

Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:24 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: yes you can.

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 am
by Snapper
Crowley:
Anthropology 41%,[dice]0[/dice] [ooc]Fail[/ooc]
History 70%,[dice]1[/dice] [ooc]Success[/ooc]

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," says Harry. "I never even really studied Latin, just picked up some words here and there."
OOC,Antrhopology roll (36% skill) about the natives: [dice]0[/dice] History roll (55% skill) about the natives: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:17 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex Anthropology 10%,[dice]0[/dice]
Alex History 5%,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am
by Starspawn338
Butch continues to maintain an even temperament and endeavors to give no umbrage to the natives.

"The native encounter is expected, but not them speaking of conquistadors in Latin. Very interesting... to someone interested in that sort of thing."
OOC,Anthropology 1 [dice]0[/dice] History 5 [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:40 pm
by kabukiman
Result of the rolls:
They are natives, but they don't seem related with the primitive tribes that live near the amazon; they seem more alike the peruans, but with a more noble figure. And there are stories of some Incas that escaped the conquistadors...

As you make your way into the city, you see Q’ero hard at work carving out their existence deep in the Amazon. They are a robust and healthy people, growing their own vegetables and eating goat, rhea, and tapir meat supplemented with fish caught from the nearby tributary. Rumors regarding the city’s wealth are highly exaggerated, however. Paititi appears to be a city of simple folk, but it still contains quite a few Incan relics—pieces that would be valuable to any potential collector or museum. You are led up the stairs of the largest of three ziggurats, past several groups of Q’ero who look on with great curiosity. One hundred-fifty feet up, atop the ziggurat, sprawls an open courtyard with sternfaced stone effigies at the corners. A dozen Q’ero are here, several moving about with jugs of water or plates of fruit while others quietly confer with one another. As you approach, the small crowd parts to reveal a stone throne bearing a small, ancient man wearing simple brown robes and a golden crucifix amulet. Though he is tanned and wrinkled, the old man is clearly European. His gray hair is long and combed back, and his ancient blue eyes hint at deep wisdom. He welcomes you to the Holy City of Paititi and introduces himself as Sir Jeremiah Brock of the Knights Templar.

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:09 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   I presume he's talking in Latin?  
Fr Malone greets Sir Jeremiah in Latin and says 'Thank you for your hospitality Sir Jeremiah, this is quite the city you have here, but I must say, I find it a little surprising that you would hail from the Knights Templar, an order suppressed in the fourteenth century following the papal bull vox in excelso'.
OOC,Alex is going to roll his Psychology to see if Sir Jeremiah believes what he is saying - Psychology 70% [dice]0[/dice] ETA hard success
ETA
OOC,Alex would also like to see if any of the iconography in the room or the man's clothing, crucifix etc fits with the templars - Occult 70% [dice]1[/dice] ETA extreme success

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:57 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Sir Jeremiah," says Harry. "My name is Harry Smith. While there are no more conquistadors, there are other bad men who are searching for this city. Luckily we got here first to warn you. You have been here for a very long time, it seems. Is there something here in Paititi that allows extended life?"

Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:19 am
by Snapper
Crowley furrows his brows but manners win the battle. "A pleasure sir. Captain Balthazar Crowley, at your service."

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:20 pm
by kabukiman
"We were suppressed? That doesn't surprise me. As soon as our brothers in France were arrested, my superiors immediately ordered that... a relic that we had save from the Holy Land would be send away in a ship that was prepared; to not risk to see it in impious hands; there were some stories about a land far away to the great ocean, and that would be our destiny. I was the commander of the expedition and by the grace of God, we survive the terrible weather. We arrived at a great river, and continued to the interior. The pagans in the forest were very hostile, but with great cost we prevailed and arrive at a spot where we build a monument." He stops for a moment and then resumes. "I had a vision of the place we should go, and we continued our journey, our number dwindling until only I was left; luckily a group of locals from Paititi found me: they civilized in their own strange way" and then he smile and say"Maybe I should say that I was in civilized in my own strange way. They accepted my preaching of God's word, and were converted. Some time latter, we received refugees that were escaping some Spanish knights, they called them "conquistadors". Now about the reason why I am still alive, well, let me show you".

He touches all of you and you recover all wounds, and feel reinvigorate, like if you had been sleeping in a nice bed!
There is no doubt that the man is sincere in what he is saying (if it is the true, that is another question...).
His cloths are simple, recent and made locally; he has a small templar cross in a necklace, but besides that, you don't see anything else, the place seems very simple and spiritual, without the need of complicate ornaments.

Then he asks:
"What bad men? Others looking for gold?"

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:34 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex stares dumbfounded at Sir Jeremiah, then crosses himself. He addresses Sir Jeremiah in English, 'but...what...how? How long have you been here, is it just you or the Paititi as well?

He stops for a moment, a look of realisation on his face, 'the bad men are Germans, well, not just any Germans, the Nazis, and I suspect it is not gold they are after but mystical artefacts of great power. You wouldn't happen to have any lying about?'
OOC,Alex would like to see if Sir Jeremiah speaks in modern or antiquated English

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, I feel much better. The Nazis would steal the gold too, given the chance," says Harry. "They'd also want the secret to your longevity. But it's most likely that relic they'd want the most."

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:18 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Nobles in England spoke in french until the latte XIV century, so sir Jeremiah would only speak french and latin. He could recognize that you spoke the language of the farmers (if he was able to understand your XX century English as English at all), but nothing else.

"It is the relic that have preserve my life: Come, I'l show you, and you will tell me more about those Germans, what was the name you used? Nazis? They are not related to the Teutonic order, are they?"

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:46 am
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   Cheers, interesting, could I retrospectively say when Sir Jeremiah looked puzzled at his English Alex switched to French to see if he understood - Alex's French is not as good as his Latin (30% vs 40%) but he ought to be able to communicate  

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:01 am
by Mr. Handy

"They're actually quite similar to the Teutonic Knights," says Harry as he goes along. "I don't think there's a direct connection, but the Nazis like to hearken back to centuries old traditions such as that. They're also fond of historical people like Frederick Barbarossa and the Vikings. They're cruel, ruthless, and full of hate. One of them murdered a man in the city we stopped in on our way here, but I hunted him down. They also have a flying ship. If we hadn't found the Templar tomb that told us about the shortcut, they would have arrived ahead of us."

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 pm
by Starspawn338

"Ask him if he has any idea how the Nazis could have found out about this place. Did they encounter the previous expedition or did someone from the outside world stumble upon them and leave?"

Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:33 am
by Snapper
Crowley keeps largely quiet but looks thoughtful as events unfold. The story is incredible but the old man exists and the party appear to have been healed.

"Pardon me sir," he begins politely in Latin, "but was it your tomb we visited on our journey here?"
OOC:   Are there any rolls Crowley could make to corroborate parts of the Templar's story? A History roll to remember myths and legends of the Templars, or stories of voyages to the New World before Columbus? An Anthropology roll to confirm the old man's heritage?  

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:14 pm
by kabukiman
Alex,Alex can communicate in french, no problem
Crowley,there are several stories about voyages before Columbus, but none related to the Templars, only that they had some important treasure that was never found

"Come with me, I'l show you he holy object I have been protecting. Yes, it was my tomb; I was dying, and my lesser brothers decide to place the relic with me in that place, so they build it. Thanks to God, I recovered, so we only left a map, in the case of other brothers came in our search."

OOC: who will make the questions that Butch is doing?

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:21 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex interprets Butch's questions into French. Taking the opportunity to evaluate Sir Jeremiah's pronuciation for archaic elements that would support his origins in the 14th century if he answers back in French rather than Latin.
OOC,Alex has the Linguist talent which allows him to identify any language, not sure about particular variants of languages but since he speaks French it'll probably help him identify if this is archaic French

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:36 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry follows Sir Jeremiah.

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:07 am
by Snapper
In English, Crowley muses largely to himself, "Historically, there are several stories about voyages before Columbus, but none related to the Templars, only that they had some important treasure that was never found. I wonder..."

Crowley then politely translates this thought into his best schoolboy Latin for their host, with the added explanation that Columbus was an explorer back in the day.

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:35 am
by Starspawn338
Unsure if they are still speaking Latin or now some other language since the cadence of the speaking seems to change, Butch mutters to himself. "It's all Greek to me."

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:34 am
by kabukiman
The knight speaks in a very archaic french and very weird (Anglo-normand dialect).

"Some time ago, a lone men appear here, he said he was the last survivor of an expedition that had been attacked by the natives; I cured and he didn't seem evil. Some time latter he run away."

Sir Jeremiah invites you to follow him to learn why the Nazis must be prevented from plundering Paititi. He escorts you down one floor and into a large, square chamber that holds a six foot-diameter, wheel-shaped sandstone boulder stamped with the long-faded insignia of Imperial Rome. It is plain, pitted, scratched, and scarred. The stone wheel is suspended in a complex, scaffolding-like wooden framework. Thick, leather straps stretch from the frame to gently cradle the revered stone. With whispered reverence, Sir Jeremiah tells you that this is the relic that he has been sworn to protect for over five centuries. It is none other than the boulder that sealed Christ’s tomb, and finally he explains that he died of illness (that is the true reason why the tomb was build) but the artifact raised him from the dead when used to close his tomb.
After a while of contemplating it, he leaves the place. As clouds darken and rain begins to drive down upon Paititi, you have gathered together inside the ziggurat to guard the Resurrection Stone. Sir Jeremiah, now clad in his white Knights Templar tabard and wielding his sword and shield, stands guard at the doorway. The LZ-142 Waldhar, a secret German airship, approaches the lost city. Turret-mounted machine guns provide covering fire as an Arado Ar 68 biplane detaches from the zeppelin to strafe the city.

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:20 pm
by Mephistophilis
OOC:   oh crap  
Hearing Sir Jeremiah's story delivered in his archaic Anglo-Norman dialect Alex stares in shock at the stone. He crumples to the floor, struggling to comprehend this account of Christ's resurrection that is completely heretical and yet...he has seen the power of the stone. He pulls open his Bible and reads out loud in Latin from the gospel of Mark (chapter 15 verse 46 to 16:8). Eventually he rises to his feet and says to no one in particular, 'I have much to think upon'.
OOC,Does Alex need to roll sanity? If so, Sanity 89% [dice]0[/dice] Success, Alex is surprisingly sane
Later...

Deep in prayer and silent contemplation Alex is roused by the sound of gunfire. He places his hand on Sir Jeremiah's shoulder and recites a short prayer for courage and protection.

He draws his pistol and turns to the others 'I do not like the odds, even with the Q’ero - is there any alternative to taking a final stand? We are not soldiers. Could we move the stone out of the temple and make a run for it and spare Paititi'
ETA OOC,Any chance Alex could try and use his 10% in Cthulhu Mythos to improvise some kind of warding charm on the ziggurat (as outlined in the Pulp Cthulhu book)? Unlikely to work on 10% but might provide a sign of his unravelling faith

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:49 pm
by Snapper
Crowley rolls his eyes. "Snap out of it Alex. This object is not much different to the legend of the Holy Grail. Surely in both cases their power comes from their proximity at a crucial time to, ah," here Crowley does pause and stutter slightly. "Their proximity to the Saviour at an important time. This object does not necessarily mean the end of accepted Christianity."

When the zepellin arrives, Crowley turns to Sir Jeremiah, speaking hastily in Latin. "Sir, your people must get under solid shelter. The Germans have terrible weapons that can kill many people from far away."

Addressing his friends, Crowley gestures at the biplane and goes on. "Gentlemen, this is the Germans' brand new fighter, now they have decided to re-arm. It is state of the art and supposed to be very good indeed."

Hopeless as it is at long range, Crowley grabs his shotgun. "Should have brought a rifle."

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry readily agrees with Crowley's explanation. "It must have been the Resurrection that imbued the stone with its power," he says. "Before that, it must have just been an ordinary stone."

When the German plane approaches, Harry nods. "Everyone take cover!" he calls, doing so himself and drawing his revolver. That's only good if the plane gets close enough, much like the shotgun, but it's better than nothing. "Too bad we don't have an antiaircraft gun, or at least a barrage balloon. The airship might be easier to shoot down. That big bag is full of hydrogen, which explodes rather nicely. Sir Jeremiah, can the warriors here make fire arrows? Those would be useful against the plane as well as the airship."

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:55 am
by Starspawn338
Butch will take out his .303 Lee Enfield rifle and take cover while waiting for the plane to get closer. Once the plane is within a couple hundred yards, he'll start shooting.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:29 pm
by kabukiman
"Yes they can, but first I'l tell them to hide".
He shouts some instructions and then says that he will follow your instructions since you know better this machine.
Meanwhile...
The plane is shooting anyone on sight, but avoids targeting near the place of the stone.

Amidst the firestorm, the team of Nazi soldiers rappel three hundred feet to the muddied ground to claim the prize. You can detect easily the leader:
dark, oily hair and wears a black uniform—crisp and clean, apart from his now-muddy boots. He shouts something in German. They are about 500 m from the stone; he has 8 SS as bodyguard, the others are busy attacking the village.

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:50 am
by Mr. Handy

From behind cover, Harry takes aim at the Nazi leader, ready to open fire as soon as he gets into range, though he realizes that he'll probably have to shoot the bodyguards first as they will physically stand in the line of fire.

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:21 pm
by Snapper
Crowley takes another look at the stone. "Gentlemen, do we have any dynamite? I'm just wondering if perhaps we should be looking to stop the Boche making off with this thing? Better perhaps no-one than the wrong one."
OOC:   How hard would it be to get the stone down from its cradle thing? Is there some hole or drop it could be rolled to and dropped down?  

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: You could try, with knifes but it will take several minutes. And then rolling it would be more complicated.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:14 am
by Snapper
Crowley turns quickly to the ancient Templar. "Sir Jeremiah, your people will not be able to stop those men. They have terrible weapons from the modern world. Is there somewhere we can quickly hide this stone of yours?"

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:44 pm
by kabukiman
"We can try in the basement, but if they win, they will find anyway."

Meanwhile, the nazi leader and his group is now at a range that can be hit.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:56 pm
by Mephistophilis
Fr Malone gets to his feet. 'Right gentlemen, it looks like the time for action is upon us.' He pulls out his bottle of whiskey and looks at it for a moment with a forlorn expression. He takes a long drink and then fills the bottle with gasoline from the fuel can brought by his assistant Maria. He stuffs a rag into the neck and fumbles for some matches. 'Any of you fellows got a good arm?'

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"Then let's not let them win!" says Harry, opening fire on the Nazis. He targets the leader, but he'll be happy to hit the bodyguards if they get in the way. "I wish we had some grenades or dynamite, but that'll do nicely. My arm's of better use shooting, though." His first shot misses, but his second is deadly accurate, and his third is pretty good as well.
OOC,I'm using the Rapid Fire Pulp Talent, so my second and third shots have no penalty dice. They will come later in the round in the event things happen before they go off, but I may as well roll them now. Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 1 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 2 of 3: [dice]1[/dice] Damage from impaling .45 bullet: [dice]3[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 3 of 3: [dice]2[/dice] Damage from .45 bullet: [dice]4[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:16 pm
by kabukiman
Harry is very careful to hit the leader... and sees another men falling!

Sir Jeremiah says to Crowley:
"Let's then hide he Holy Relic if you think it is a good idea".

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:22 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex waits until the Germans are within 12 yards before lighting his petrol bomb and throwing it.
Alex Throw 20%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Ah crap, don't even have enough luck to spend, at least he didn't fumble  

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm
by kabukiman
OOC: Please, everyone who can see the german commando and his leader, make a spot hidden roll.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:04 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Spot Hidden 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Nope  

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry can see the enemy quite clearly. "I killed one and wounded another," he says. "At this rate, he'll run out of men to protect him soon."
OOC,Spot HIdden roll (55% skill) about the Nazis: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:54 am
by Starspawn338
As soon as the Nazis get to within 110 yards, Butch will start firing at the advancing soldiers.
OOC,Rifle 60 [dice]0[/dice] Damage 2d6 +4 [dice]1[/dice] Would I be able to get multiple shots in as they advance?
Spot Hidden,Spot Hidden 50 [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:19 pm
by Snapper
Crowley:
Spot Hidden 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Fail.  
Crowley nods to Sir Jeremiah. "I believe it is high time this was hidden," he says in Latin. Crowley heads over to the stone. "Is there an easy way to get it down?"

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:16 pm
by kabukiman
Crowley
He show you some pieces of wood that can be use to help to roll it.
"We can use this to transport it t the basement, it should give us time".

Butch:
OOC: I don't think so.
Butch notice that he leader has some strange medallion that he is always grabbing, as he managed to kill another soldier.

New turn, everyone can shoot and Crowley can cut the ropes.

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:57 pm
by Mephistophilis
After throwing his petrol bomb wide of the Germans and watching it burn harmlessly in the brush, Alex draws his revolver and takes a shot at the commander.
Alex Firearms - Handgun 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Miss  
'Dammit, these brutes must have something protecting them!' he exclaims.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry empties his revolver at the Nazi leader, hitting another of the bodyguards with an excellent shot.
OOC,Did I see the medallion? I got an extreme success on my Spot Hidden roll. Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 1 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 2 of 3: [dice]1[/dice] Damage from impaling .45 bullet: [dice]3[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 3 of 3: [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 am
by Snapper
Crowley draws his Gurkha kukri knife and starts hastily cutting down the stone.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:15 pm
by Starspawn338
Butch looks over at Harry approvingly as he empties his revolver. Then he takes aim and shoots at another one.
OOC,Rifle 60 [dice]0[/dice] Damage 2d6+4 if hit [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:57 am
by kabukiman
Mr. Handy wrote:Image

Harry empties his revolver at the Nazi leader, hitting another of the bodyguards with an excellent shot.
OOC,Did I see the medallion? I got an extreme success on my Spot Hidden roll. Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 1 of 3: [dice]236207:0[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 2 of 3: [dice]236207:1[/dice] Damage from impaling .45 bullet: [dice]236207:3[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill) shooting at the Nazis, shot 3 of 3: [dice]236207:2[/dice]

OOC. Sorry, you are rigth.

Harry notice a medalion full of strange symbols, that seem to have a strange aura, like if it was magical.
Crowley cuts the rope.

The nazi group now reduced to half continues in your direction.
The small army is spread looking for the locals who seem to have vanish in the jungle.

New turn

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:54 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex shouts to Crowley, 'tell me if you need a hand with that thing, it looks heavy', before leaning out the doorway and firing his revolver into the crowd of Nazis.
Alex Handgun 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   regular success  
.32 Revolver DMG,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:33 am
by Mr. Handy

His revolver empty, Harry stays behind cover and reloads.
OOC,I've fired all six shots, so I need to reload now. How many bullets can I reload this round, and can I still fire any shots?

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:40 am
by Snapper
Crowley attempts to use the wood supplied by Sir Jeremiah to roll the stone, lever it up and roll it or whatever is required. "I'll let you know," he calls back to Alex.

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:21 pm
by kabukiman
The leader of the germans says something that doesn't need any translation:
Feuer!

The 3 men shoot from their submachine guns.
SS soldiers: submachine gun 50%

soldier nº1
[dice]0[/dice]
soldier nº2
[dice]1[/dice]
soldier nº3
[dice]2[/dice]

Everyone except Crowley must dodge or do something else from the soldiers who had success in the roll.

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry hopes that the cover he's behind is able to protect him.
OOC,Since I'm fully behind cover reloading this round, they shouldn't be able to see me at all. Even if it's something they can shoot through, it should at least get me a bonus die, if not the totally immunity that [b]Crowley[/b] has. Dodge roll (65% skill) to avoid getting shot (if necessary): [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:24 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex tries to duck back behind the doorframe as the Nazis open fire.
Alex Dodge 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   failure  

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 am
by Starspawn338
OOC,Dodge 42 [dice]0[/dice] A Hard Success!
Butch will duck down when he sees the soldiers looking for targets.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:00 pm
by kabukiman
Alex: roll 1d10 of damage please.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:55 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex Damage,[dice]0[/dice]
As Alex pulls himself back inside the structure a hail of bullets flies past him, one grazing his shoulder. 'Agh, dammit, they hit me.'

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm
by kabukiman
Next turn:
The leader continues running, covered by his soldiers, but he is at blank range. It is your time to shoot.
Henry just had time to reload his weapon in the previous turn, but have his gun full again. Eveyone can shoot (except Crowley that is busy with the bould).

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:01 pm
by Mephistophilis
Still smarting from his wound Alex levels his revolver and fires wildly at the Nazi commander, 'take that you infernal rogue!'
Alex Handgun 50%,firing multiple rounds but bonus die for pointblank cancels out penalty, three rounds,[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice]
Alex Revolver Damage,one hit, [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:04 pm
by Starspawn338
As the enemies advance, Butch tries to shoot the leader at point blank range.
OOC,Rifle 60 [dice]0[/dice] Bonus Die for point blank [dice]1[/dice] Damage 2d6+4 [dice]2[/dice] Woot! That's an Extreme Success and an impaling hit so it does Max Damage plus the roll for 30 points of damage.

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,My post in this game disappeared, and with it my dice rolls. I remember that I had fired three shots, two of which hit and did 3 and 6 damage respectively.

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:26 pm
by Snapper
Crowley rolls the boulder away for all he's worth.

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:02 am
by kabukiman
And all the nazis goons are dead, except the leader, who somehow seems to survive and he shoots keeping one hand in his medallion:

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:05 am
by kabukiman
Please, all roll dodge, except those that are covered.

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:44 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry dives behind cover. "We've got to get that medallion away from him!" he calls. "That's what keeps us from hitting him!"
OOC,Dodge roll (65% skill) to avoid getting shot: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:10 pm
by Starspawn338
"It's going to be hard to get it away from him while he's holding on to it and shooting." Butch replies.
Dodge,Dodge 42 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:02 pm
by Mephistophilis
'I don't think guns are going to cut it. Someone is going to need to take that off him'.

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:28 am
by kabukiman
Butch: roll 1d10 please.

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:14 pm
by Starspawn338
OOC,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:11 am
by kabukiman
Butch is wounded and bleeding, but can still walk.
The SS is smiling and screams in a broken english:
"You cannot vanquish me! The third reich will be immortal!"

It's your turn now.

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:54 pm
by Mr. Handy

"That thing may block bullets," says Harry, "but maybe not hand-to-hand. If we can cut the medallion's chain, we'll have him for sure.' He whips out his machete and rushes the Nazi, trying to use it to cut the medallion's chain, or failing that to run him through.
OOC,Fighting(Brawl) roll (55% skill) attacking the Nazi with the machete: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:51 pm
by Starspawn338
"We'll see about that!" Butch shouts back at the Nazi and pulls out his machete and follows Harry to press the attack. "You have no one left to protect you!"
OOC,Machete (Brawl) 50 [dice]0[/dice] Woot! Another Extreme Success on the Leader! Impaling Damage[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:25 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex glowers at the Nazi and grabs a machete. He shouts in German, 'you will not win you fiend, not you or your foul Reich' and he charges at him trying to hack at the amulet.
Alex Fighting Brawl 25%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:05 am
by Snapper
Crowley yells at Butch: "Come and take over from me getting this stone thing away, and I'll give the Boche a clip around the ear!"

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:28 am
by kabukiman
Butch gets his revenge: the machette breaks the chain and you all see a dark light glowing from the de medallion; then the machette continues cutting the flesh and the german makes a huge scream and fall in his knees, badly wounded but still alive. He point his gun and shoot a last time.

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 am
by kabukiman
Please, the three roll dodge.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:25 am
by Mephistophilis

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm
by Mr. Handy

Harry's reflexes are too slow to get out of the way in time.
OOC,Dodge roll (65% skill) to dive for cover: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:41 pm
by Starspawn338
Dodge,Dodge 42 [dice]0[/dice]
As the leader fires, Butch dodges out of sight behind him. "Evil does not prevail!"

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:18 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy, roll please a 1d10 of damage..

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry is wounded by a bullet, but he stays on his feet.
OOC,Damage taken: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:09 am
by kabukiman
New turn: you can all act now.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:01 pm
by Snapper
Utterly frustrated at seeing his friends getting injured, Crowley snaps and charges towards the vile German, his trusty Webley Mk VI blazing. "Butch, take over with the rock!"

Crowley fires three shots.
Handgun 75% shot 1,[dice]0[/dice][dice]1[/dice] Normal success. Damage [dice]6[/dice]+ 2= [b]8[/b]
Handgun 75% shot 2,[dice]2[/dice][dice]3[/dice]. Miss.
Handgun 75% shot 3,[dice]4[/dice][dice]5[/dice]. Miss.

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Not so tough without your medallion, are you?" says Harry, unloading his revolver, which was in his other hand, into the Nazi leader. One of the bullets misses, but the other two strike home, and one even hits him in the eye!
OOC,Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill), shot 1 of 3: [dice]0[/dice] Bonus die (point blank range): [dice]1[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill), shot 2 of 3: [dice]2[/dice] Bonus die (point blank range): [dice]3[/dice] Damage to Nazi, .45 bullet: [dice]6[/dice] Firearms(Handgun) roll (60% skill), shot 3 of 3: [dice]4[/dice] Bonus die (point blank range): [dice]5[/dice] With the bonus die, that's a 01! 8-) Damage to Nazi, .45 bullet, critical hit: [dice]7[/dice]

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:18 am
by kabukiman
The german makes a very surprised look and screams "it can't be!" before falling to the ground.

Suddenly there is a big silence and you see the zepplin leaving the area; only an handful of germans have survived the combat in the jungle and they are screaming to the zepplin to not leave them, but they are pinned with arrows.

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Harry blows smoke from the barrel of his empty revolver and then reloads it before bandaging his shoulder wound. Then he searches the corpse. "Let's see what he has on him," he says, "particularly in writing. Do you read German, Father Alex? That medallion will be useful too, if we can repair the chain."
OOC,First Aid roll (55% skill) treating his own wound: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:32 am
by Mephistophilis
'I have some German' says Father Alex. 'Have you found anything?'. Alex finds his first aid kit and pulls out some iodine and dressings, as he tends to his bullet graze he asks 'is anyone else hurt?'. He looks around for Sir Jeremiah.
Alex First Aid 50%,[dice]0[/dice] that would be 1d4 for Pulp but I only have one HP lost

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm
by Snapper
Crowley peers out, looking for the biplane. "I suppose it would be too much to hope the Boche have left their Arado biplane sitting about? It's been sometime since I last flew."

Crowley absent-mindedly breaks open his Webley and reloads it.

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:12 am
by Starspawn338
Now that the battle is over, Butch realizes that he was hit a bit harder than he realized in the heat of the battle.
'is anyone else hurt?'
"Over here." Butch yells. "I took a hit."

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:57 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex takes a look at Butch's bullet wound and sucks his teeth. 'That looks nasty' he says, 'I'll do what I can but that is going to need looking at properly. If we get a bit more time I'll see if there is anything more I can do later.' Harry takes out some iodine and gauze and starts to clean and dress the injury. He shouts over to Harry 'you seem to know what you're doing, give me a hand looking at Butch's wound'
Alex First Aid 50%,I believe that if Harry assists Alex they both get to roll First Aid and either one can be successful. If we get some time later (needs an hour at least) Alex could try a Medicine roll. [dice]0[/dice] Success, just, that's 1d4 HP recovered [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:32 pm
by Snapper
Crowley, still looking for the biplane, calls over his shoulder, "Don't forget the rock's restorative powers. Might be worth going over and touching it if our Templar friend has no objection."

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, that's a good idea," says Harry.
OOC,I hadn't realized that we get back +1D4 HP from First Aid in Pulp, so I hadn't rolled, assuming I only got back 1. Here's my roll: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:19 am
by kabukiman
You don't find anything special: a crude map with the vague location of the city (that's why they have take several days to find it, even with the zepplin), the identification of Stellenleiter Wolfram and with it, you discover a small detail: it seems that inside the sonderkommando H there is a division called karotechia. And you get the medallion of course.
The old knogth appears and ask: "Are they defeated for good? Excelent. But I see that you are wounded. Come to the Holy relic."
He takes you there, and after touching it, all your wounds are healed, with no scars! Then he says:
"I will leave this place in the case the teutonics send more men, to some other mountain probably..Is there anyhing you wish?".

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:37 pm
by Starspawn338
As Butch's wounds are healed, he gasps.
"Amazing. Simply amazing."

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:58 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you, Sir Jeremiah," says Harry, marveling as his wound heals. "Do you wish us to keep our discoveries here secret? As important as they are, there are more Nazis and other evil men out in the world, and it would be best if they didn't keep looking for you."

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:52 am
by Snapper
Crowley shakes his head. "It's going to be hard to type this up as a non-fiction account," he says to his companions. "And my publisher prefers adventures that include scantily clad female locals." He sighs.

In Latin, he adds, "It has been an honour to meet you, Sir Jeremiah."

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:43 pm
by kabukiman
"I would prefer that you don't tell anyone. And there isn't much gold or jewels that you can take as reward, but I'l give it gladly. You were truelly sent by the Almighty to save the relic.".

OOC: The scenario is basically finished. Anything you want to ask before I create the epilogu?

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy

"Your secret is safe with me,' says Harry. "Since we have touched the relic, will we have long life as you have?"

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 am
by Mephistophilis
Alex fishes around in his pockets for his revolver and box of rounds. He places them on the ground and says to Sir Jeremiah, 'I think your people need this more than I do'.

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:27 am
by kabukiman
"I do not know that. Maybe you need to live close as I have. It is impossible to be sure."

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:17 am
by Snapper
"Thank you for offering us a moment of insight into the extraordinary," Crowley says to the ancient Templar.
OOC:   Crowley doesn't need anything else.  

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:47 pm
by Mephistophilis
Alex takes out his Bible and says a prayer in Latin with Sir Jeremiah, he hands him the Bible (which is in Latin) and says 'this experience has given me much to reflect on about my faith.'
OOC:   Alex is done  

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:41 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you again, Sir Jeremiah," says Harry. "It has been a pleasure meeting you and fighting alongside you."
OOC,I'm done too.

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:53 pm
by Starspawn338
"Thank you for everything." Butch says to Sir Jeremiah. "I fear that the world is getting smaller with these zeppelins and biplanes overhead. I'm not sure how much longer you can stay hidden. Perhaps it would behoove you to look into finding a location underground to keep this relic." He bows. "At any rate, I wish you well."
OOC,I'm done.