Character selection, information and starting points

The Big Apple is turning into an icicle. That is what the newsman says. Hearts are broken and the cup has cracked from end to end.
What now?
Time for a Java over at Empire Diner...

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Character selection, information and starting points

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Let´s discuss who you want to play and flesh out the details like background and starting point of chosen character.
At this point no paths have been crossed.

6 PM, January 27
NYC

Lukas is at his apartment waiting for Tiffany Harper, his girl friend.

Lt Carla Valenti is awaiting a new partner named Tyler Miles. Captain Charles Jones filed the paperwork last week. Lt Valenti has been without a partner a short time after her former partner got hit by a drunk driver three weeks ago. The case still is open. The driver left the scene after the crash.

Tyler Miles, has moved from Miami to the Big Apple to brush shoulders with the elite.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Character selection, information and starting points

Post by Dave Syrinx »

West 23rd Street is the goto place for the homeless man. Hotel Chelsea has stellar food opportunities.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd like to play Carla Valenti.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Va bene!
TVblog

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Are the main characters pre-gens?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

No, the characters are all you. You can roll your character up as you please, and post it here. Have you used The Dholes House by Carnage Lee?
https://www.dholeshouse.org/

Just get something you like and we´ll ride with it.

Which character are you considering?
TVblog

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

I thought I’d play Tyler Miles.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That´s a good choice!
TVblog

Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Any particular rule set (e.g. 7th edn vs pulp), character stats generating approach (e.g. rolling vs points), or optional rules (e.g. experience packages)?

I'm thinking Jim Nimmo is in his fifties, a drifter, he's lived his life somewhere between itinerant labour and petty criminality travelling throughout the eastern seaboard. Originally from New Jersey he is too young to have fought in WWII but was drafted for Korea. He spent his twenties as a longshoreman before drink got the better of his work and his marriage. Always moving around, working causal jobs or less salubrious activities as the opportunity presents, he was previously a well established figure in the New York homeless community. Maybe he's just getting too old but with the drugs and the violence it's starting to become a jungle out there. He was recently badly beaten and now he is out of hospital he finds himself on the cold streets of a New York winter. If he can just get it together he's getting out of this godforsaken city.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m only familiar with 6th edition rules. I´ve yet to check out the 7th edition rules. They look like a new direction. But for now, I´m stuck at 6th edition.
Go for classic era and tweak the skills to suit the 80´s. Not that much is needed to reflect the 80´s as the new tech took off later.

What I need are the SAN, HP and the three primary skills. After that, the rest is used as we go on. Hang on for the story and enjoy the interaction till the bitter end.

-----------------------------------------

Speaking about the end. When Jim got out from the E.R. he was met by the Godfather of the community of lost souls, Mr Bogart. He said something about every drop of blood shed is a drop shared. He had proffered a Jack Daniels with an unbroken seal and had said that he´d fixed a room at Hotel Chelsea. Room 110 on the first floor. He had said something about collecting a debt from a friend.

The radio plays Queen´s A "crazy little thing called love." In the bed of the room a neophyte of the Lost Souls called Candy. She has her knees propped up against her chest and smokes a red Prince with filter. "That hurts, baby?" She was a pick me up gift from Bogart. The room was for twelve hours.
It´s Sunday for six more hours.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I prefer 6th edition too, though I have a little experience with 7th, but I'm still not that familiar with it. The only two skills on the Modern sheet that aren't on the Classic sheet are Computer Use and Electronics, which may be relevant, so we should probably use Modern sheets. I should have time this weekend to create my character. My desktop computer started dying tonight, and I'm using my laptop (which is not entirely cooperative) until I can get it fixed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sounds good. I´ll see if I can conjure up some fillable pdf-files or something over the next couple of days.
TVblog

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Dave - PM’d you re Tyler Miles.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Cissi Wahlberg, owner of one library card extraordinaire, lives on the top floor, 54-56 Franklin St, Lower Manhatten.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

8-)
TVblog

Return to “Fahrenheit 32”