IN GAME ROOM - CANTEEN

"Good Evening Everyone and Welcome to the Muppet Cthulhu Show. My name is Uncle Deadly and I will taking over the hosting duties for Kermit the Frog as he is… Well… Dead! Here to help solve the crime and figure out just exactly what the devil is going on…. I mean who ever heard of a dead Muppet? Really? I don’t even think we’re alive to begin with. If you cut me do I not bleed? Of course I don’t!! I just spew cotton and thread and other nonsense everywhere. But there Kermit lies.. blood and brain oozing out on the sidewalk. Quite the spectacle indeed. But I digress.. Ahem…. Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you Mr. Magnum PI himself… Tom Selleck "

The curtain opens on Tom Seleck dressed in his traditional Magnum P.I. Hawaiian T and short blue short shorts. The audience goes wild.

Muppet Cthulhu is a new take on the Call of Cthulhu RPG where players take on the role of real Muppets and try to hold onto their “insanity” as the real world of Cthulhu comes crashing down around them. But most importantly... no matter the cost…. The Show Must Go On!

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IN GAME ROOM - CANTEEN

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IN GAME ROOM - CANTEEN

Post by Philulhu »

Animal raced into the canteen, using that curious, shambling run that muppets had. He looked around quickly, under tables, in cupboards, even down the sink.

”WHERE DID DAT FROG GO?” he bellowed.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

When Animal enters the Cantina , all heads turn and he hears at least one audible sigh. Most of the Whatnots are here. The whatnots are generic Muppets used for generic sketches. Animal remembers rehearsing a Ballroom dance sketch with all the whatnots. Intolerable wretched Muppets with little character to speak of.

Image Image

His friend Pops was off in the corner speaking in hushed voices with Hilda the seamstress. She had sewn more of Animals trousers than he could remember. They both were often kind to Animal in the past. They continued to whisper as Animal moved across the Cantina towards the kitchen.

As Animal started to destroy the kitchen in his search for Kermit, He noticed the Chef closing in from the side with a large cooking spoon and a Cleaver. He had a crazed sort of violence about him which was far from out of the ordinary.

Her Den Goofen! Hoots and Gans! MA-Mi-MALl!!!
ooc,Animal roll Dodge and Spot Hidden then
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Rolls,Dodge (32%) [dice]0[/dice] Spot Hidden (25%) [dice]1[/dice]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Swedish Chef smacks animal across the face with his massive wooden spoon and Animal flies across the kitchen landing in a sink full of smelly dishwater. It smells like his mothers cooking and acts to soothe his temper for a shirt time. He quickly snaps out of it as The Sweedish chef begins to move in slowly with the cleaver. He has a strange look in his eyebrows.

Miss Piggy crashes through the canteen door just as Animal lands in the pool of dishwater. The Sweedish chef flashes her a crazed glance before advancing on Animal.

Ferden Diefen MA-Mi-MALl!!!
ooc,Animal takes 2 damage. What would Animal and Piggy like to do.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Miss Piggy arrives in a whirlwind of feather boa and little feathers follow her in, floating everywhere.
"Oh Emm Geee!!! What is going on in here?" She demands, taking in the knife and the chef's intimidating stance.
"Animal of all the worst times to take a bath! And in dishwater of all things? Pee you, you stink!!!"
Piggy holds her nose for dramatic effect. "You could at least be doing something useful like looking for my dear sweet Kermie! Your timing is terrible!!"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Animal emerged from dishwater, shaking water from his fur. He imagined that he looked like those handsome men from the aftershave adverts, shaking their wet hair and attracting the ladies, but the effect was more like a wet dog shaking itself as it came out of a particularly muddy puddle.

He wasn’t going to give the Chef another chance and he groped for something on the draining board to try to put the Chef down...
OOC,Animal is looking for something like a frying pan or similar. Something that will connect with a mighty [i]CLANG!![/i] if he hits... Luck (80%) - [dice]0[/dice] Fighting Brawl (65%) - [dice]1[/dice] I’m not sure what damage it would do, but if it connects, Animal gets a 1d4 damage bonus.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Animal digs his long thin orange arm down into the diswasher and pulls out a very nice iron skillet. Very high quality..

As the Sweedish Chef moves in with the Cleaver, Animal swings the skillet connecting solidly with the Sweedish Chef's head.

It has the desired effect and a loud "CLANG" echoes through the Canteen.
Damage to Sweedish Chef,[dice=total]0[/dice] Bonus damage [dice=total]1[/dice] Total - 5 damage
The Chef is staggered momentarily and shakes his head to regain control.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Animal Spot Hidden,[dice=total]0[/dice]- Pass
Piggy Spot Hidden,[dice=total]1[/dice]- Fail
Animal Only,When Animal strikes the Sweedish chef with the skillet he notices a long stream of blood fly from the chef's mouth and land in the dishwater he is sitting in. He has gotten into it with he chef before. Many Muppets have. Animal has punched, kicked and bitten the iron chef before. He even once went to crazy town with the Iron chef and dismembered the Muppet with a chainsaw in a flurry of cotton covered limbs and white stuffing, but never has animal drawn blood. There shouldn't be blood.
Miss Piggy's high pitched voice goes unheard as the chef and Animal continue their kitchen brawl. Hilda looks concerned like an old grandmother for her children. She breaks away from pops and heads in Piggy's direction waving a pink felty hand at the brawling Muppets in the kitchen.

Is everything OK dear?
Piggy,roll intimidate. (50%) if you want them to stop fighting and listen to you. Or continue on looking for signs of kermit in the room. There are many generic Muppets ready for the ballroom scene eating lunch and then there is Pops the old ticket booth operator and Hilda the Muppet seamstress in the room.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Animal didn’t hang around. He followed up his first hit with another swing, trying to knock the stuffing out of the chef. The blood that poured from the chef’s mouth puzzled him but he reckoned he would try and work that out after he’d knocked the chef’s head into a flat mess.
Fighting Brawl,Fighting Brawl (65%) - [dice]0[/dice]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Chef shook off the last blow from Animal and raised his cleaver over his head.

Horgen Blorgin FOGIMAL! Ivan googen booggen Inden noogen!
Sweedish Chef rolls,[dice=total]0[/dice] - Hit [dice=total]1[/dice] - 3 damage
The Cleaver comes down hard slicing the felt of Animals arm. White cotton stuffing springs from the wound. No blood.
ooc,lets give Piggy a chance to decide what she is doing before our next post. :D
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”AAAARRRGGGHHHH!” bellowed Animal. He’d never really liked the chef and it was time to sort him out.

He scooped a handful of water with his free hand and threw it towards the chef’s face while trying to slam the edge of the skillet into his low-hanging fruit...
Fighting Brawl,Fighting Brawl (65%) - [dice]0[/dice] Damage Bonus +1d4 [dice]1[/dice]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Animal Damage,for a total of 7 [dice=total]0[/dice]
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Piggy furrows her brow and rumpled her nose in disgust at the chef and Animal.
"Oh would you all stop CLOWNING around??!!"

This is the Muppets after all and of course no one will, but Animal's stuffing is showing. Blood or no blood, it's really grossing her out.

She glances around the room quickly to see if there is any Kermit
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,I'm going to make a couple rolls to speed things up.
Piggys Intimidate,[dice=total]0[/dice] Pass
Piggys spot hidden,[dice=total]1[/dice] - Pass - Piggy spots a green flippered foot disappear into Beauregard's Janitor Closet at the far end of the Canteen.
Chefs resist Intimidation,[dice=total]2[/dice] - Pass
Animals resist Intimidation,[dice=total]3[/dice] - Fail
Piggy screams out for the two Muppet combatants to stop in their tracks and listen. Normally, this would work for the strong confident porcus starlet and briefly it did. Both Animal and Chef stop in their tracks and stare wide-eyed and wide-browed as if waiting for one of Piggy's famous Karate chops to come crashing down on their day. Old Muppet Hilda seems startled as well and she pulls out a ball of yarn and begins to frantically knit, her hand and chin quivering nervously as her knitting needles clack and click together in a somewhat unsettling way.

In the kitchen sink, the chef's pause was brief and he recovers quickly. His cleaver hand comes down fast and hard. This serves to snap Animal out of his momentary subservience as well as the blade just misses his face and plunges deep into the dark dishwater. Animal could feel his blood beginning to boil much like the tall pots of pasta all around him. ( see Animal OOC comment)
Chef Cleaver,[dice=total]4[/dice] - Miss
Animal,I 'm introducing new abilities to each Muppet. See OOC chat. Animal's is the first to come to light and is called [b]Animal Rage[/b] - It allows Animal to attack twice at +10% at the start of the rage. The rage continues for the next 3 rounds and cannot be stopped. Animal will attack the nearest Muppet at +10% friend or foe. He may always choose the target but if there are no hostiles present Animal will attack his fellow Muppets. Animal is immune to Intimidation during the rage and cannot make any skill checks aside from those directly related to combat. A successful charm roll from a trusted friend or beautiful woman will stop the rage from continuing. Note: Animal may only use the extra attack on the first round. He can perform this action once per room. The action lasts for three turns after the first double attack action. If you wish Phil, Animal could use his rage now. Or just continue with the combat.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Animal bit down on the urge to beat the Swedish Chef to a fluffy (bloody?) pulp, and swung the skillet around aiming for the back of head, trying to knock him face first into the dishwater. If he goes in, thinks Animal, he’ll hold his head underwater until he chokes...
Fighting Brawl,Fighting Brawl (65%) - [dice]0[/dice] Damage - 1d4 + 1d4 = [dice]1[/dice] Can I spend a point of luck to make my roll? OOC: Sorry for the delay, I missed the update.

Return to “Muppet Cthulhu: The Show Must Go On!”