IN GAME ROOM - MAIN STAGE

"Good Evening Everyone and Welcome to the Muppet Cthulhu Show. My name is Uncle Deadly and I will taking over the hosting duties for Kermit the Frog as he is… Well… Dead! Here to help solve the crime and figure out just exactly what the devil is going on…. I mean who ever heard of a dead Muppet? Really? I don’t even think we’re alive to begin with. If you cut me do I not bleed? Of course I don’t!! I just spew cotton and thread and other nonsense everywhere. But there Kermit lies.. blood and brain oozing out on the sidewalk. Quite the spectacle indeed. But I digress.. Ahem…. Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you Mr. Magnum PI himself… Tom Selleck "

The curtain opens on Tom Seleck dressed in his traditional Magnum P.I. Hawaiian T and short blue short shorts. The audience goes wild.

Muppet Cthulhu is a new take on the Call of Cthulhu RPG where players take on the role of real Muppets and try to hold onto their “insanity” as the real world of Cthulhu comes crashing down around them. But most importantly... no matter the cost…. The Show Must Go On!

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IN GAME ROOM - MAIN STAGE

Post by DSIGFUSS »

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IN GAME ROOM - FRONT STAGE

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Uncle Deadly walks onto the famous stage of the Muppet Show. He takes a low bow as the applause begins and then silences the theatre with one evil glance of his menacing eyes.

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlefolk of the “Real” world.

My name is Uncle Deadly and it is my pleasure to announce the opening of our new show.... The Muppet Cthulhu Show.

Where’s the Frog? cries Statler!

Uncle Deadly looks up at two old muppets sitting on the Balcony and cringes dragging a blue wrinkly hand over his eyes.

Oh.. It’s you two. Why am I not surprised….. The Frog is dead. So now if I can get back to my introductions I’m certain that we can proceed as planned. As I was saying… Welcome to a brand new episode of the Muppet Cthulhu Investi…..

What do you mean dead? shouts Waldorf.

Uncle Deadly shoots Statler and Waldorf a menacing glare and snaps.

He’s dead!! D-E-D Dead! Now If I can please continue… Welcome to a brand new episode of...

How do frogs die? asks Waldorf.

I don’t know Waldorf! How do frogs die. enquires Statler

They kermit suicide! Heh! Heh! Heh! Heh!

Heh! Heh! Heh! Heh!

Are we quite finished?

Now… If you dare please… It's time for..

Uncle Deadly looks up at the old Muppets on the Balcony to make sure they are not going to interrupt.

It's time for the Muppet show with our special guest star and crime detective, Magnum PI himself. Mister Tom Selleck

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Uncle Deadly stops laughing maniacly for a moment as the camera quickly changes to backstage right where Miss Piggy is swooning over a young Tom Selleck dressed in a Hawiian T shirt and the short shorts he made famous.

Image Image

The camera then switches back to Uncle Deadly who drags a frustrated hand over his blue wrinkled brow. He then waves his hands sarcastically in the air much like Kermit the frog used to do when he hosted the show.

I meant Yay!

Now in Tribute to Kermit the Frog. Please watch this opening clip as we discuss his untimely demise back stage. Cue the music

(CLICK THE LINK BELOW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9yAV8uQ7g
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IN GAME ROOM - MAIN STAGE

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Uncle Deadly saunters back onto the Main Stage with his hand interlocked together, resting on his chest.

Yes... Yes... A respectful homage to an old frog.

What's wrong with being old?

Uncle Deadly Stammers.
Well nothing... I er... I meant...

Being old means being used to disappointment.

That includes you!!!

Heh Heh Heh Heh! Heh ! Heh Heh!

Uncle Deadly scratches his face. Frustration evident on his long blue facfe,
Not particularly clever are they ladies and gentlefolk.

So without FURTHER delay please welcome Camilla and her fellowship of chickens in - "Forget you"

Then with a solemn sarcastic tone, Uncle deadly slowly waves his hands in the air and adds

Yay!

Scooter rushes the chickens on stage past Gonzo and Skekung and then stops ticking some sort of checklist off on his clipboard

Please Click the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqRMh3FPvpU
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gonzo watches the show eagerly, paying special attention to Camilla. It isn't entirely clear which chicken she is, but he thinks she's the one in the middle. When the act concludes, he applauds wildly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

As the chickens finish their dance the podling claps vacantly and in the wrong direction.

Skekung leans in towards Gonzo, studying his long bird like nose for a moment. in his usual shrill voice, he says
I must buy your feathered slave. Sell her to me, for I am a Lord of the Crystal!

He reaches into his pocket and offers Gonzo a handful of stinky black beads with no obvious use or value.
He chortles in a smug self-satisfied way, expecting you to be impressed.

Spot hidden 25%
[dice]0[/dice]
Last edited by Basketvector on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,carry on with your conversation. Both roll spot hidden.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gonzo's eyes go wider than they already are. "No!" he says. "You can't have Camilla, I love her! She's no slave, she's a free range chicken! I wouldn't sell her for all the money in the world! I don't care if you're the Queen of England!"
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (50% skill) watching the show: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung growls and grumbles and slinks back into the darkness.
The podling follows a moment later with a violent yank to the neck.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

SKEKUNG Spot hidden roll,[dice=total]0[/dice]- Pass
Both Skekung and Gonzo see an unfamiliar site to the Muppet Theatre.

Three Doozers appear underfoot. All carrying empty wheel barrows. They continue past the Main Stage curtain talking away like it was any other work day.

Dig Dig Dig! I remember a time when we used to Build Build Build.

Oh Well.. At least there aren't any Fraggles tearing it all down!

Oh I'm sure there will be...

Then we can rebuild!!

Yay!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's strange," says Gonzo, completely missing the irony of such a statement coming from him. "I wonder what they're digging?" He watches to see which way they head, considering following them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung is surprised to find podlings on this world, though they are dressed strangely. He follows them, as he's fond of eating their children.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Doozers move at a brisk pace with their wheel barrow past the main stage curtain and into the back area where a few what-not carpenter Muppets were setting up the next act. A romantic Greek styled scenery with beautiful columns, gardens and marble statues decorating the stage. Gonzo might as well follow because as the curtains fully close, Camilla rushes up to greet him before exiting to back stage right. She jumps up into his arms and clucks happily. Both Skekung and Gonzo could understand the clucking perfectly. Perhaps because the chicken language was similar to the crystal bats of Thra… phonetically speaking.

Buck Buck a buck. buck buck buck buuuuck buck buck a buck .

Camilla was very excited and proud of her hens. Who clucked and flapped their wings all around Gonzo and Skekung sending a flurry of feather into the air around them.

One of the chickens, Stephanie, stopped clucking and stared up at Skekung with strange bedroom eyes. A little too sexy for a chicken. One with less evil intentions might think she was flirting with Skekung.

Click link to see map of Muppet Theatre.

https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 450&t=6865

Camilla stopped flapping and released herself from Gonzo’s hug. She needed help with her props and all of the What-Nots were busy building the new set.

The sound of Uncle Deadly closing Camilla’s performance could be heard on the Front Stage. Scooter started shooing the chickens off stage and was about to do the same with Gonzo and the Skeksis. He stopped and looked up at Skekung and backed slowly away staring down at his clip board.

The Doozers continued on a quick pace for 5 inch Muppets and it was clear to both Skekung and Gonzo that they were headed towards the boiling room.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Uncle Deadly walks solemnly on stage and takes his position at stage center on a little skull and crossbones he had drawn there in black sharpy.

Well wasn't that an excellent performance from Camilla and her hens. Camilla has been with the Muppets since its creation. She has asked the production studio to record a song in Kermit the frog's name and offer it to all who attend the performance.

Waldorf and Statler seemed genuinely interested in Uncle Deadly's fun farm facts about the chickens.

That would make Camilla over 40 years old.

Yeah... She's no spring chicken

Uncle Deadly stares up at Waldorf and Statler with intense black muppet eyes for at least a full silent minute until Waldorf breaks the silence.

What?

Uncle Deadlly frowns.

It didn't work. I thought perhaps if I stared menacingly enough at you - You and your annoying old friend would disappear.

We already tried that!!

But it didn't work. We're still here!

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The bowling room? Did you mean the boiler room?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

corrected ooc,Yes I did. I wish there was a Muppet bowling room but sadly its not on the map. Maybe up the block.. I corrected bowling to boiling. Thanks for the catch Handy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You were wonderful, Camilla!" says Gonzo. "Let's follow those Doozers. I want to see what they're digging in the boiler room." Still carrying Camilla, he heads after them.
OOC,No problem.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung eyes Stephanie up and down and rejects her with a discontented BLECCH!!. The Emperor needs only the strongest vital essence.
He pursues Camilla and Gonzo, cage in hand. The podling follows with a violent yank to the neck.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Camilla Squawks as Gonzo races after the Doozers.

Stephanie sniffs in the air with a similar indignation and clucks lowly under her beak then following her troupe.

The Doozers enter the Boiler Room through a small rat sized hole in the door. Talking casually amongst themselves in a typical work-like manner. Mostly about the weather and the working conditions in the tunnel.

Supposed to be a pretty dark day?

[Mmm Hmm.. Weather Doozer says there's a 100% chance of darkness.

Yup! Gonna be a pretty dark day.

What do you expect? it's a tunnel!

Gonzo reaches the door to the Boiler Room first just as the Doozers disappear behind it. Skekung and his podling are close behind. The Boiler Room Door, like always, is locked. If Gonzo remembers correctly only Scooter, Kermit, Pops and Beauregard the janitor had a key.
ooc Gonzo,roll luck
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Not finding any trace of a key, Gonzo knocks on the door. "Open up," he says. "This is a surprise inspection."
OOC,Luck roll (41% stat) at the boiler room door: [dice]0[/dice] Fast Talk roll (35% skill) to convince the Doozers to open the door: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung wraps his bony fingers around the podlings throat and hoists him to eye level.
He growls, Get in there and open the door for me slave.
He dumps the podling in front of the dozer sized hole. The podling will crawl inside and try to unlock the door.

Skekung manages a twisted freaky grin aimed at Camilla

Return to “Muppet Cthulhu: The Show Must Go On!”