IN GAME ROOM -BACK STAGE RIGHT

"Good Evening Everyone and Welcome to the Muppet Cthulhu Show. My name is Uncle Deadly and I will taking over the hosting duties for Kermit the Frog as he is… Well… Dead! Here to help solve the crime and figure out just exactly what the devil is going on…. I mean who ever heard of a dead Muppet? Really? I don’t even think we’re alive to begin with. If you cut me do I not bleed? Of course I don’t!! I just spew cotton and thread and other nonsense everywhere. But there Kermit lies.. blood and brain oozing out on the sidewalk. Quite the spectacle indeed. But I digress.. Ahem…. Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you Mr. Magnum PI himself… Tom Selleck "

The curtain opens on Tom Seleck dressed in his traditional Magnum P.I. Hawaiian T and short blue short shorts. The audience goes wild.

Muppet Cthulhu is a new take on the Call of Cthulhu RPG where players take on the role of real Muppets and try to hold onto their “insanity” as the real world of Cthulhu comes crashing down around them. But most importantly... no matter the cost…. The Show Must Go On!

Moderator: DSIGFUSS

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IN GAME ROOM -BACK STAGE RIGHT

Post by DSIGFUSS »

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IN GAME ROOM -BACK STAGE RIGHT

Post by DSIGFUSS »

All the cast of the Muppet Show was murmuring back stage right. You could cut the tension with a knife as if cutting through a fog of thick pea soup. No one was really paying much attention to Uncle Deadly's announcement. No one ever really paid much attention to anyone on the Muppet show. Except for Kermit. He had a way of herding cats like a pro. Someone must have heard something , however because Kermit was on everyone's tongue. All except Miss Piggy, still lost in the brilliant blues of Tom Selleck, Magnum PI.

Uncle Deadly strides backstage right and straightens his collar.

A excellent opening if I must be the one to congratulate myself . Now then Mr. Selleck... Down to business shall we.

All the Muppets pipe down except for the clucking of Camilla and some random chickens still rehearsing their next bit in the back.

Tom Selleck peels Miss Piggy off her arm and addresses the crowd of muppets gathered before him.

So Kermit the frog is dead. I know.. I know... He will be missed by all. He was... a wonderful frog.

A loud "GASP" echoes across the back staging room.

Muppets begin sobbing and holding each other. It was unthinkable. Some seem to lose their grip and fall into utter melancholy. This is the first time most Muppets in the room had heard of Kermits death

Scooter pounds his fists onto the table. The Swedish Chef pulls out a carving knife and grips it tightly until the fabric of his hands begins to fray. Fozzie Bear removes his hat and an actual tear forms on his Muppet face.
ooc,- Miss Piggy, Animal and Gonzo all make an Insanity check. 1d8/(1) Skekung make a Sanity check 1d4 (1) too. You were not close to Kermit but understand the ramifications of a Muppet death.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Kermit!" wails Gonzo, hugging whichever chicken he thinks is Camilla. It would be hard to tell them apart even without tears in his eyes. He sobs into her feathers and blows his beak, but he soon comes to his senses - such as he has, anyway. "Wait a minute! We've got the world's greatest private investigator here - Magnum!" He goes over to Tom Selleck. "You can solve this case inside of an hour, I'm sure of it! You always do."
OOC,Insanity roll (current level 80) for learning of [b]Kermit[/b]'s death: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

”KKKKERRRRRRR-MMMMMITTTT!” bellowed Animal, caught up as much in the mass hysteria as his own feelings of loss. He howled and banged his head on the table for good measure.

Between thumps, Animal heard Gonzo speaking to their tall, impossibly-handsome visitor. He hustled across the room, pushing muppets out of his way and grabbed the stranger’s leg, like a rutting dog in heat. He gazed up past the stiff, bristling moustache and into twinkling eyes. ”DE-TEC-TIVE?” he asked.
Insanity check (80%),[dice]0[/dice]
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Miss Piggy stands with mouth agape for a moment, staring mindlessly at Tom Selleck for a very long moment. After a moment she shakes herself and stammers, "uh...er....excuse me??!! There must be some mistake, I thought you just said that my Kermie died, but...." she trails off, patting her hair, clutching her hands, fiddling with her purse strap. "Well you must be mistaken mister, because that's just impossible! You better check your facts!" She has nearly spit this last word in his face, her snout getting closer and closer to his face. "There's got to be some mistake!"
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

A soft buzz turns quickly into a startling metallic shriek as a portal to another world opens with a convincing optical composite shot. Out walks the terrifying Skekung.
RAWWRRR!! He roars in triumph, holding his bony arms to the sky... IT WORKED!! ! HAIL THE CRYSTAL !!!!

He carries an empty cage in one hand. The other hand holds a leash, which he gives a hard yank to drag out a dazed and souless Podling. A full seven feet of twisted horror, his skeletal visage towers over the Electric Mayhem.

Last edited by Basketvector on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

The Tension brewing between Tom Selleck and Miss Piggy was... "Tense." Beaker was about to blow his top when they were all interrupted by the appearance of the Skeksis Skekung. Tom Selleck was relieved, however, and took the opportunity to gain some distance between himself and the ever increasingly violent Pig. He dragged Animal (gripped to his leg) with him and pat his head affectionately when he came to a stop a few feet away.

Scooter stops crying and raises his clip-board.

Skekung! - Shameless Dark Crystal Netflix plug - Checking in. It's SKekung! right? Do you pronounce that with an exclamation point or is that just for effect?

Nevermind... You're on after Crazy Harry and.. Sniff.. Camilla... Sniff... Sniff.

Scooter takes a moment to compose himself and then continues to pound his grief out onto the table.

The Muppets begin to follow Animal and Gonzo's suit and started to form a densely packed crowd of dramatic flailing Muppets around Tom Selleck,all seeking answers from the greatest detective to ever walk the television screen.

Tom Selleck raises his hands in the air.

Ok... OK... one at a time

Tom Selleck knew this was an impossible suggestion. He had worked with Muppets before and the one thing he knew about muppets is that they loved a good band wagon to jump in on.

Now i know you are all looking for answers... and you all have questions. I will try and get to each and everyone in good time.

Tom Selleck stops, turns slightly and looks into a cameral. He rubs his moustache in a very calming and sexy manner.

And I have some questions as well. Please try and remain calm. Any help you can give or information you can share will bring us one step closer to finding Kermit's killer.

Tom Selleck looks to Miss Piggy and sighs comfortingly, understanding the violence brewing just below the surface of this well groomed and manicured pig.

I'm Sorry Miss Piggy. Kermit was shot and killed just outside the theatre last night. I'm sorry to have to ask you this. But where were you last night Miss Piggy?
Animal and Gonzo,roll Spot Hidden.
MIss Piggy Inanity Check,[dice=total]0[/dice] - rolled a 40 - Pass - Miss Piggy loses 1 sanity.
Skekung! Inanity CHeck,[dice=total]1[/dice] - rolled an 81- Fail - Skekung loses 1d4 insanity. Roll 1d4 Basketvector.
NOTE FOR ALL PCS,Skekung FAILS his Insanity check so is shaken slightly. He did not know the great show frog "KER-MET" well... but knew well the implications of the "Natural" death of a muppet. It was terrifying to say the least. This natural death Insanity Check has no cap to it and Muppets will continue to lose Insanity points as long as Muppets die "Natural" deaths. (Until they reach 0 sanity and begin to build actual "Sanity" points.) They just can't comprehend it.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

ANIMAL - Spot Hidden (25%),[dice]0[/dice] Failed :(
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gonzo looks around for clues.
OOC,I'm assuming the number to the right of my skill is the number of points added to the base skill, rather than the total. Otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense to list 25% for Spot Hidden when that's the base. Spot Hidden roll (50% skill) backstage: [dice]0[/dice] Are we allowed to spend Luck?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung personally orchestrated the genocide of thousands of Gelflings at the hands and claws of his hideous minions, the Garthim. The untimely death.of some celebrity amphibian is of little interest to him. However, the mention of the Netflix series draws his ire. He traded merchandizing rights for writing credit against the advice of his attorney.

WRARR..NOBODY WANTS A FIZBIT PLUSHIE FOR SIX DOLLARS A UNIT

The podling looks up at him and nods.

Oc. Loses [dice]0[/dice] sanity
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

"I beg your PARDON??" Miss Piggy is still nose to nose. There's something she suddenly doesn't like about this Selleck character, all kidding aside. Could he be lying about her Kermie? He must be! Such a shame too, she mused, seeing as he was pretty easy on the eyes.
In a small voice full of indignation she continues, " I'm sorry Tom is it? Ahem....yes I thought I just heard you ask me where I was last night." She flips her long blonde curls to the side. " which is really none of your business. Because a lady doesnt need to reveal her BEEE-yoooty routine, but seeing as how you asked me, I may as well tell you that all this BEEE-yooty doesnt just come together with the snap of a finger! Besides which, i was washing my hair". She ends her rant with an emphatic "hmmpff!" that is dripping with indignation.

Oc: Miss Piggy lost 1 sanity
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,Yes Handy you can most most definitey spend luck. See the Chit chat thread for discussion before we continue on I'd like to quickly sort it out.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung holds up a wicker cage next to Risso the rat as if to judge his size.

The Skeksi nods in satisfaction.
Last edited by Basketvector on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tom Selleck nods that annoying nod that he always uses to Miss Piggy. The nod that shows he cares when in fact he just doesn’t and wants to move on to his next interrogation. It has become grossly obvious as he continues to use it and his celebrity grows. Either way he takes out a pad and paper and writes down a few of the things that Miss Piggy said about her whereabouts last night.

Miss Piggy was… washing…. Her hair.

Rizzo bats Skekung’s long boney hand away.

Hey! Beat it Mista! Can’t a rat grieve in Peace over here without an ugly monster sizing him up for slavery?

Sweetums looks hurt by this comment.

Hey! I resent that!

This sparks a furious debate as a score of rats come to Rizo’s aid and an even larger score of monsters pipe in for Monster’s rights and equality, A hot topic at the Muppet Show Union meetings these days.

In the chaos, Tom Selleck looks down at Animal still clinging to his leg.

You know Animal, in 90% of murder cases, it’s the spouse that did it.

Miss Piggy catches several muppets around her nodding at Tom Selleck's near hypnotic accusation.
FOR GONZO,Gonzo, on the other hand spots a blur of green as something skitters through the back door towards the Canteen. It was so quick he couldn’t tell if it was in his head or not. He had heard the sound before though and he didn’t make that up. It was very similar to the sound of flippers running quickly across the Back Stage cemented floor.
Then Scooter looks at his watch.

Oh my goodness! Look at the time. The theme show song’s almost done. Camilla you’re on in 22 seconds. Uncle Deadly, get back on stage and introduce her. There’s two L’s in Camilla.

Uncle Deadly grumbles and walks off.

What the devil does it matter there are two L’s?

Camilla looks up at Gonzo with pleading chicken eyes. Gonzo, however, was holding the wrong chicken again. The chicken, possibly Louise, flaps frantically causing Gonzo to drop her. Camilla looks deeply into Gonzo’s eyes. Gonzo remembers… This was Camilla’s big solo. He had pleaded Kermit to let her do it and god bless.. the frog had agreed. Camilla and her chickens would be the opening act. Gonzo wasn't needed for the song and dance routine but he had helped them rehearse and surely Camilla was counting on his support.

Brawk?

ooc, Everyone, roll Listen except Gonzo.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You know I love you, Camilla," says Gonzo, looking into her eyes. "I just saw something green run through the back door toward the Canteen, running on flippers. It sounded like...Kermit. But it couldn't be, could it? But whoever it is, someone should go after it. It could be important. I have to watch Camilla's act, but maybe someone else could chase it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

”ANIMAL FIND FROG!” bellowed Animal and he set off towards the back door at a swift, shambling pace, his chain jinking around his neck.
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Skekung moves to Stage right and watches the chickens perform.

He is awestruck by Camilla. So spirited, so vivacious. She is... intoxicating, and a convenient size!

Is this perspiration? He wipes his brow.
Last edited by Basketvector on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,Gonzo and Skekung - Move to Main Stage (even though you are technically on the side watching Animal - Move to Canteen Miss Piggy - you can stay and continue to talk with Tom Selleck or pick another room.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Miss Piggy hears Gonzo and cant help herself. In a flap of feather boa and perfume, she turns on her heel to run in the direction Gonzo was pointing to.
"KERMMIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!"

Return to “Muppet Cthulhu: The Show Must Go On!”