Page 1 of 1

OOC Chat - With Waldorf and Statler

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Re: OOC Chat - With Waldorf and Statler

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm
by DSIGFUSS
This is the spot for general chatting and out of character stuff that we all love. Ask a game question or a muppet question or any question at all. Tell a story or tell a joke.

This thread is stupid.

Oh come on Waldorf. It's not half bad.

You're right Statler! It's ALL Bad

Heh! Heh! ha! Heh! Heh! Heh! Heh!

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:40 pm
by Philulhu
So how does character creation work? Do we just get the basic skills? Do we have points to spend?

If we want uniformed skills, do we put points into that but need a prop to use them?

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Good Questions Philulhu.

Sorry for the late start. I was all ready to roll when I had a death in the family. I'm ready to get back into it though and am once again excited for the game. I will iron out all these details but appreciate any input you players may have for the specifics of the skills.

Character creation will work on the following basis

For Characteristics use.

40, 50, 50, 50, 60, 60, 70, 80.

You may then subtract up to 10 from any skill and add it to another skill. No more than 10 however in any direction Unless you can justify. For example some of the more "simpler" Muppets may have some severely low characteristics and some extremely high characteristics.

ie animal could be justified as having a 20 Intelligence. Lol or Sweetums to have a size of 95.

No sill can be set higher than 95. Unless justified. lol I’m always ready to hear your crazy Muppet conclusions!!!

Skills that are uniformed require the clothing to use.

Skills that are tools of the trade require the equipment to use.

Basketvector made a good point, however that his skexsis would never wear an Indiana Jones uniform to use archaeology or dawn a police hat to use law so I will make special exceptions for special cases.

Here are some ideas.

1) Pay double the points so you can use the skill without meeting the prop requirement.
2) Substitute another prop in its place. ( A Dark Crystal prop for example)
3) Allow for a roll at 50% of stat score without associated prop.

Any thoughts?

Either way I will have a sample character up this weekend that everyone can copy and paste into their own threads. Latest Monday.

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS

I'm justified walking out of here!

I think I just justified in my mouth a little.

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:28 pm
by Philulhu
Sorry to hear your news.

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:26 pm
by trixie
Hola fellow muppets.....
Looking forward to some muppet shenanigans and losing sanity with you all.
I call Miss Piggy!
Please tell me someone's playing Kermit, it'll be more fun that way.... :lol:

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:20 am
by Philulhu
Hi Trixie, not Kermit, I’m afraid, but I am playing Animal, who’s a bit of lady’s man... eh, muppet... :oops:

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, Trixie! I had a feeling you'd play Miss Piggy. I'll be playing Gonzo. I don't know how to tell you about Kermit...so I'll let someone else do it.

I should have time this weekend to create my Muppet.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 am
by trixie
Hey Handy! Good to see ya!
I'm a little concerned about poor Kermie's demise....:lol:

GONZO!!!! Fist pump!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:27 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Yes Very Tragic... The Frog's death.. and very sudden.... No one saw it coming.

I saw it coming.

You did Statler?

You betcha Waldorf. About a month before he died.. Kermit coated his backside in Lard. After that he went downhill really fast.

Heh! Heh! ha! Heh! Heh! Heh! Heh!

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks for putting up my character sheet. I experienced a temporal anomaly over the weekend that caused time to pass much more quickly than it should have. Of course, that happens pretty much every weekend. ;)
trixie wrote:Hey Handy! Good to see ya!
I'm a little concerned about poor Kermie's demise....:lol:

GONZO!!!! Fist pump!!!
Good to see you too, Trixie!

MISS PIGGY!!!! Hoof pump!!!

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:37 pm
by DSIGFUSS
No worries Handy. If you want ot make any changes you are welcome to make them. Re: skills and stats.

Basketvector and Trixie, same to you too.

Let us begin! :)

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
So I'm not that familiar with spending luck. Does anyone have a quick break down of Luck for newbies and how do we determine our starting score? I just remember when luck was a percentage based on the power characteristic.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:11 am
by Philulhu
According to the QuickStart rules (link), luck is 3d6 x 5.

Not covered in the QuickStart rules (but picked up from listening to the Lovecraft Tapes), you can spend luck to make up the shortfall of a missed roll. There are ways to recover spent luck but I don’t recall how off the top of my head.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:25 am
by Mr. Handy
This is new with 7th edition, which I presumed this is since our stats are percentiles now. Spending Luck is an optional rule, so you're free to either allow it or not. If you do allow it, I can spend 2 Luck to turn that 52 into a 50, which would be a success (presuming that my Spot Hidden skill is indeed 50%). The only rolls where you're not allowed to spend Luck are Luck rolls and (In)Sanity rolls.

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS
I like it. Lets go with it.

To make it fair, everyone can roll 3d6 and multiply that by 5 for luck at the strart of chjaracter creation. Everyone here can start now but all new players will roll their luck score when they chose a muppet.

Anyone watch the Dark Crystal this weekend on Netflix. I binge watched the whole damn thing and loved it.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:00 am
by Mr. Handy
I don't have Netflix, so I haven't seen it. It's been ages since I've seen the original movie. I also played the computer game decades ago. It's a text adventure, but with graphics for each "room."

Initial Luck:
[dice]0[/dice]
Oh, well. Minus the 2 Luck I spent, that leaves me 23. I probably wouldn't be passing any Luck rolls anyway.

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 pm
by DSIGFUSS
I think Gonzo is a little luckier than that.

If you spend an additional 2 luck. I 'll allow you to reroll. :) Fair?

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, that's more than fair. The only way this could make it worse is if I get a 5 or less again, and I'm not that unlucky...am I? Well, there's only one way to find out:

Luck reroll:
[dice]0[/dice]
Well, that's a little better. After I've spent the 4 Luck I've spent so far, that leaves me with 41.

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:16 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hey are you guys clicking the links on the Muppet Show Main Stage as they appear. I encourage you top do so even if you are not in that thread.

I'm showing each act. lol I think it sets the mood pretty good.

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:16 pm
by Basketvector
DSIGFUSS is moving this week so could be a few days before muppets resumes.