The Bullpen - OOC

Moderators: coffee demon, coffeedemon

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

The Bullpen - OOC

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Yay! Get those sheets up coffee demon! I think we should have gained some experience too. Maybe add some skill % points to our old guys to reflect some of the shit that we've been through.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: The Bullpen - OOC

Post by coffee demon »

Yeah, I'll get you two to redo your experience rolls for sure, and will give you two experience rolls in certain skills to reflect the "Escape from the Asylum" sessions we also played.

We also need to reduce your Sanity somewhat.

And apply a few changes to the character sheets to reflect 7th Edition rules.

Good to be back!
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

I'll be posting instructions for experience, changing gear, and upgrading to 7th Edition here. But I'll wait until you two have put your character sheets in the appropriate thread first.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

CONVERSION TO CoC 7th EDITION STEP 1 - EXPERIENCE and SAN LOSS

This reflects experience gained, and SAN lost at the end of King of Chicago, and during the interim "Escape from the Asylum" mini-adventure (played elsewhere).

(We did do experience at least once during KoC..)

This will also help us learn the die roller ingrained in the forums.

1) SANITY LOSS: Roll 2d10, and subtract that from your current SAN. This reflects the madness you accrued after waking up from the asylum, and your subsequent questions about whether the events in King of Chicago were even real.

2) EXPERIENCE: I've marked an X in front of a number of your stats. For each of those, roll d100. If you FAIL the skill check, OR roll 95+, increase the skill by 1d10. Please mark which skills increased, and by what - I like to see that too.

NEXT STEPS

Once you've done this, I'll adjust your character sheets for 7th Edition, and you'll have a couple other decisions to make and information to add. Then we play!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Where can we find a tutorial for the dice roller button.

i tried this

[dice=total]0[/dice]

lol. OK That worked. It didn't work on a pm I sent myself.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK done.

Rolled all fails but one which is good for here but does not bode well for Eddie on future rolls.

I added 1d10. Rolled alot of 1s and 2s lol.

Check to make sure it was all done right then I'll add em up and get rid of dice rolls to make it neat.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

CONVERTING CHARACTERS TO 7TH EDITION:

(1) Luck is now a Seperate Stat, unrelated to POW. (You can also spend Luck). Roll 3d6x5 and make that your new Luck Stat.

(2) Attributes are now in Percentages. I've gone in and changed your stats to reflect this.

(3) Characters now have a MOV Stat - Movement Rate. MOVx5 is how fast you can move in a round.
If your SIZ is bigger than your Strength and Dex, its 7. (Max) Is Str and Dex are both bigger than your SIZ, it's 9 (Eddie). If you're in your 40's, MOV is -1 (Max). So Max's MOV is 6, Eddie's is 9. I've added this to your character sheet.

(4) There's a new stat called BUILD which is a measure of your size and scale when wrestling, etc. It depends on STR + SIZ, the same way Damage Bonus does. Max's Build is 2, Eddie's is 1. Max would have an easier time pinning Eddie. I've added this to your character sheets.

(5) Hit Points are calculated by adding CON + SIZ divide by 10 and round down. So Max's HP total is one less. I've adjusted your character sheet accordingly.

(6) The skill list is slightly different. The following adjustments are what is recommended in the 7th Ed rulebook for converting 6th Ed. characters.
(a) Base totals on some skills went down. I adjusted your totals on this accordingly.
(b) Some skills have been removed. I've noted the points you spent in skills that no longer exist at the top of your Skill list. Feel free to re-spend them on skills.
(c) There are also new skills, which I've marked in Bold on your character sheets. Feel free to spend those free points in those areas.
(d) Some skills have been amalgamated (Kick/Punch/Grapple is all "Fighting(Brawl)" now, for instance, and Rifle/Shotgun are one skill.) I've put your total points into those amalgamated skills.

(7) BACKSTORY: We need to be a bit more organized with this, because when you go insane I can change parts of your Backstory. :) Backstory is split into 6 sections, which I've written on your character sheet. Please write at least ONE response to each section. These can come from previous sessions, or your already-written description, or they could be something completely new that we haven't yet talked about in the game. (More may come or go as time goes on).
PERSONAL DESCRIPTION: (Point form)
IDEOLOGY / BELIEFS: (ie do you have a religion? "Money is power"? Are you a member of a certain society? What laws/societies/logics guide you in this world?)
SIGNIFICANT PEOPLE: Who is / was important to you, and why? They don't have to be alive.
MEANINGFUL LOCATIONS: What places are important to you? (A place of learning, a hometown, your home, place you met your first love, a certain bar, grave of a significant person, workplace, etc)
TREASURED POSSESSIONS: Mementos from childhood, something given to you by someone significant, an essential item for your occupation, an item connected with your highest skill, a special weapon, a pet, something you found but you don't know what it is....
TRAITS: General personality traits: Gambler, risk-taker, generous, good with animals, dreamer, hedonist, good cook, ladie's man, loyal, reputation for..., ambitious, etc...

(8) KEY CONNECTION: Look back at all the Backstory points you listed. Pick ONE of them that is most important, and highlight it in BOLD. This is your key connection, the one thing above all else that gives meaning to your life. I can screw with all your backstory through sanity loss, but I can't screw with your Key Connection without having you directly involved in it and able to save that connection somehow.

That's it! Do this and we're ready to play.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

CONVERTING CHARACTERS TO 7TH EDITION:

(1) Luck is now a Seperate Stat, unrelated to POW. (You can also spend Luck). Roll 3d6x5 and make that your new Luck Stat.

Roll for luck String attempt 1.

[dice=string]0[/dice]

Eddie rolls a 14 for Luck x5 = 70 %
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

Max is concerned to find a strange brown spot on his stomach. It's a raisin. He eats it.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Eddie throws a cleat just over Max's shoulder knocking a large brown rat off the roll-top desk.

That's no raisin Fatman.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Some clean-up:

1) Max, can you move 20% out of Cthulhu Mythos?

2) Eddie, can you Bold one of your Backstory points? (See (8) Key Connection in the conversion list, above)

3) I'm going to muck with your Backstories once, as a start. I think this is a good reflection of how you've changed recently:

MAX: Change "He has become increasingly more interested in the occult" to "Obsessed with learning whether occult phenomena is real." (I think this wording raises the stakes a bit, and makes it more important.)

EDDIE: Change "He feels guilt for his part in the Notorious Black Sox scandal" to "He knows that he hasn't fully paid the price for the Notorious Black Sox scandal, and is waiting for the day when it all catches up to him and his life comes crashing down." (This is still about 'guilt', I think, but making it a little more extreme than before and maybe verging on paranoia..?)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK I like it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've been reading along, and I think it would be hysterical if Max gave a false address of 1060 West Addison. That's the location of Wrigley Field, and the Blues Brothers used the same trick.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Basketvector
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Basketvector »

A Blues Brother fan! I know that movie well.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ha Ha for sure. I've thought that before about Max and Eddie being like the blues brothers.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Howdy moderators - we are returning to this after a two-year hiatus so please keep it up! Thanks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! I'll be sure to keep reading, and if you ever have an opening, I'd be keen to join.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
coffeedemon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by coffeedemon »

Hey all,

I was just reading that you can use appropriate skills to roll to see if you have Contacts related to that field. (I would be suggesting when this was possible, but it's cool to know).

Given that, I think Eddie should have Art / Craft : Baseball - which entirely fits within that skill description.

Dan, can you add that to your skill list, and subtract some of your skills to add some to that skill? I'll start you at 25% as a bonus. :) But I think you should be at least at 60%, even after all these years.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I think its cool that we add a craft - baseball skill but it kinda is a little counter productive for Eddie.

Eddie is/was a top tier professional baseball player and when I chose my skills, I chose many of them based on skill that I thought a pitcher would have. If I was a major league player I would need at least an 90% or 80% I;d say and so I'd end up loosing alot of points in my other skills.

I have % in bat/ throw/ spot hidden and several others that were chosen because of his baseball history.

What do you think?
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

This isn't about penalizing you - it's about giving you the chance to have an additional skill that you can roll with pretty cool narrative implications. When I read that skill I realized that you could have a huge advantage at times because you're famous - but we have no way of mechanizing that.

I think it's a pretty important skill because none of the other ones reflect the contacts you might currently have in the baseball industry. But I also think it should be about your know-how about baseball (which should be pretty huge).

I'd be happy to just give you the skill, but I also like you having to make choices with how much to invest in it. If the skill was available at the start, don't you think you would have put points into it?

We could just say you're at 25% because it's a whole new generation of players, but that doesn't seem right to me.

You do have some skills that are pretty high, that you could adjust out (like Stealth and Drive Auto.)

How about this - you start with 25% - and you can trade in 1% of another skill for 2% in Craft Baseball, at a 1:2 ratio? So for example you could go down to 41% in Drive Auto (you're still better than most people), and 56% in Stealth (for example), and you'd be at 85% Craft Baseball, 41% Drive Auto, 56% Stealth?

Return to “King of Chicago II - Shanghai Bullets”