OOC - Discussions

It''s 1922, books have gone missing from the Kimball house. Stranger still in the year prior, Douglas Kimball the owner of the house had also gone missing. Thomas Kimball, the nephew of Douglas Kimball, now resides in the Kimball house and requests your assistance.

Moderator: Leonulf

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: OOC - Discussions

Post by jp1885 »

Apologies if I’m a little slower in posting at the moment. I’ve just got a new job and the learning curve is extremely steep! I’ll do my best to keep up and hope my middle-aged brain cells hold out :D
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 10 months

Post by Leonulf »

That's no problem, its the benefit of play by email/forum/post methods:). Myself and the wife have been in and out of hospital a fair amount this year so I understand what real life/time is like - hope the new job goes well!
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

I posted the result/end of the investigation up then locked the thread.

Thank you for playing, I hope you enjoyed it. Paper chase is very short and usually a solo adventure so I did my best to not end it too abruptly (it usually ends after the initial Kimball encounter but I wanted to add a little more drama, hence the night time visit/rescue of Melodias). Any feedback is appreciated, and I hope I didnt keep you waiting too long between posts but I did my best (life is very very hectic at the moment :mrgreen: )
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Oh and if you want to reusue the characters anywhere else don't forget to do your skill rolls from your successes to see if you get any increases.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

I'm glad everything was resolved without further injury!

It was a good adventure, I enjoyed it. I didn't know what would happen so it was fun to work out strategies to deal with events, but I think our rolls were on the lucky side too.

If you have a busy life then the pacing reflects that - don't worry about it. It's not easy to bring these pbp games to a conclusion, so congratulations on that! It's always good to be involved in a successful game. You can ask Mr. Handy to place it in the Hall of Fame.

Go ahead and propose another game if you have the time!
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

I concur with my ol’ chum ;)

Thanks for a great game. Paper Chase is one of those scenarios I’ve heard of a lot, but never played, so it’s nice to finally get it under my belt.
I didn’t realise it was so short, so bravo for playing it out so effectively for us! Yes, the dice gods were on our side, but that final rescue was still pretty tense.

I think I will roll for skill improvements, (if only for when you start your next game :D). Are there any sanity bonuses for completing this one? Unless the game is archived I’ll do my rolls in this thread.

P.s. the pacing was fine.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Luck 70,[dice]0[/dice]
listen 20,[dice]1[/dice]
appraise 60,[dice]2[/dice]
spot hidden 70,[dice]3[/dice]
library use 60,[dice]4[/dice]
psychology 30,[dice]5[/dice]
charm 50,[dice]6[/dice]
occult 25,[dice]7[/dice]
Luck increase,[dice]8[/dice]
Listen increase,[dice]9[/dice]
spot hidden increase,[dice]10[/dice]
psychology increase,[dice]11[/dice]
occult increase,[dice]12[/dice]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Skill rolls:

Spot Hidden 25: Spot Hidden: 1d100 90

Spot Hidden increase: 1d10 2

First Aid 30: First Aid: 1d100 74

First Aid increase: 1d10 10
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Leonulf »

Glad you enjoyed it, I will update the character sheets now, no sanity bonuses im afraid.

I would like to run another game in the future, not sure when but I will keep you two in mind so the characters can continue there adventures. But unfortunately there may be a long wait! I will still be active on as a player in a couple of games im in so I won't be disappearing, as soon as im ready to start a new adventure I will let you both know! Not just a new baby to content with but I have some health problems that have been taking some time up, Im in hospital on Friday in fact for three injections into my neck/shoulders. Takes a while for them to do good apparently, but I have been told I may have to rest for a few days as it can cause a lot of pain before they start to do their magic - so while I am in bed resting I will at least make sure I have some of my books with me to get an idea which scenario I might like to do next :D

@Honeydog

you can roll for a luck increase however, its sometimes dont after each play session as an optional rule (because some people spend the luck on rolls), sessions dont really exist on play by post - but I think its a fair roll after a scenario, as surviving/winning is a fortunate situation for the characters!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

It sounds like you're having a tough time, I hope you recover soon. Get some rest! Thanks for keeping us in mind.

I forgot about the Luck, I'm not used to 7th edition rules.

Luck 50: Luck: 1d100 58
Luck increase: 1d10 7

Return to “Paper Chase”