[IC]Prologue 0.4: Back at the Inn

Moderator: Raiko

Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Re: [IC]Prologue: Back at the Inn

Post by Zero »

Atauchi continued to hone the edges of his knives across a whetstone as the discussion continued. It seemed that the plan was coming together quite well. Acquiring the needed supplies would not be much of a problem, but there were still a few points that had been raised to smooth out. He looked up once more from his work to address the others.

"I will carry baby. Use traditional method, we call it a lliklla. As for artifact, if kharisiri want it, we need keep it as far from them as possible. Maybe only hurt them if touch skin." Atauchi said.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia suppresses a chuckle at the thought of the taciturn Atauchi cooing over a baby. She focuses on the more serious matter of the artefact.
"If we take it with us, we risk it falling into Larkin's hands. If we keep it at the hotel, we might delay our journey to the pyramid by coming back here first... Hey Jackson, does our route from the farm to the pyramid go via Puno?"
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:Truck, driver, horses, animal feed, kerosene; Jackson helps to translate everything so that Eliza understands.

Husiy has a cousin who drives a truck that's available to hire. Eliza trusts the owners of another ranch, closer to Puno where horses can be hired, she also says that her grandfather's farm has a dozen good Peruvian Paso horses in the corral - she also says that she is an expert at horse riding. The hotel owners Alejandro and Karla know where the rest of the list can be purchased in Puno.

Thanks to the local knowledge, it will only take an hour or so to acquire everything that is needed for the plan.

"Huisy fetch your friend with the truck now please" he turn to the owners of the Inn "Alejandro, Karla please get us the supplies"
Dr. Sánchez picks up his gear and hands out 2 bottle firebombs to each in the group "be sure to test your cigarette lighters"

When the trucker arrives he will take the front passenger seat with Huisy and the driver, concealing his rifle and checking his .38 in his shoulder holster
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Cynthia wrote:"If we take it with us, we risk it falling into Larkin's hands. If we keep it at the hotel, we might delay our journey to the pyramid by coming back here first... Hey Jackson, does our route from the farm to the pyramid go via Puno?"
"No," Jackson looks a little concerned. "The farm sits right across the path to the ruins about three miles outside Puno, just below the path up to the plateau, it's also as close as you can get to the ruins by road."

He shakes his head, "I suspect that might be why the kharisiri chose that ranch, you more or less have to walk through the farm's land to reach the ruins from Puno. So, if we return to Puno we'd need to cross the farm again later, or take a big, tricky diversion on foot.

"Is anyone any good with a rifle? I'm a bit worried that it took more than a single gunshot to bring de Mendoza down, and Marcus mentioned that the Chávez guy had a pistol, but de Mendoza still got to him. We don't know for sure how many we'll be facing."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Hmm, I guess we'd better take the artefact with us then. We'd best keep it hidden I suppose," Cynthia sighs. "I could stand guard in the truck en-route and keep it with me unless anyone else wants to have it."
"As for rifles - well I know my way around a pistol and regularly visit the university firing range, but I've never really handled a rifle. I could try I suppose, or maybe take a shotgun? Probably got a better chance of hitting something with a shotgun."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I'm a pretty good shot with a rifle, not quite as good as with a pistol I reckon but still better than average. If you think I should take a rifle or something I'll be more than happy to."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm not good with any gun," says Amy, "but I think I'd aim better with a longer barrel, and pack more of a punch. I'm pretty helpless otherwise."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

"I'm taking a pistol and a knife, never knows when it can be useful".- says Anderson
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia mulls over what's being said. "So we distribute whatever rifles can be found to those who know how to use them and Amy can have a shotgun. If nothing else can be found, the rest of us will have to make do with our pistols. Plus we have bottles of fuel and sprayers to light the khasiri up."
She thinks for a second, looking grave. "We'll also need machetes or axes to cut thier heads off - let's hope we're not squeamish... Oh, and a good supply of leaves - we don't wanna be out of breath when the time comes."
She checks to make sure she's got some leaves in her satchel, stuffing some in her jacket pocket for easy access before continuing. "So some of us rattle up to the farmhouse in the truck. What about the others? Ride around the rear on horses? Can everyone handle a horse, even if they get spooked by the vampires?"
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

John says, "I can ride."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm afraid I've never ridden a horse before," says Amy. "I'm a city girl."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia grins. "That's why I'm volunteering to go in the truck..."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

"I'm in the truck".- says Anderson.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi wiped his knives clean with a cloth and then returned them to their respective sheaths. He frowned slightly when the farm's precise position became known. It was, unfortunately for them, an excellent locale to set an ambush.

"Okay, we hide artifact in truck. Do good job." the man replied.

The Quechua tracker nodded in John's direction when the other man declared his ability to ride. It had been decided then, hree of them would approach when their adversaries' attention was elsewhere.

"Bueno. John and Marcus coming with me, we take horses, sneak in while others make distraction." he suggested.
OOC:   I reckon we have binoculars, yes?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," says Amy. "I'll go in the truck too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Casona Colón Inn - Puno, Peru
3:30pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

After a hectic hour and a half of planning and purchasing, Husiy's cousin Maicu drives up outside the Casona Colón Inn in the hired truck, loaded with sacks of feed for the horses of Eliza's family ranch.

The two horses are already here, and a few minutes later everyone is ready to depart for the Rancho con Vistas al Lago.
OOC:   The adventure continues in: The Ranch  

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”