Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

[IC]Prologue 0.4: Back at the Inn

Post by Raiko »

Casona Colón Inn - Puno, Peru
2pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

The group from the railway station arrive back at the Casona Colón Inn, accompanied by Husiy, Eliza and her little boy Renán, long before the others return from their meeting with Nayra the Yatiria.

Eventually though, early in the afternoon, everybody gathers together back in restaurant of the hotel, sharing the tales of their meetings and making plans for what to do next. Jackson Elias is smoking his pipe, and the hotel owners agree to look after Renán if Eliza wishes.
OOC,[ooc]Feel free to read the other IC thread now that you're back together. I don't think anyone was planning to keep anything secret. You can be as quick as you like about this (or tale as long as needed to plan). Once you've decided where you're heading next and whether you'll all be together, I'll switch threads again, or give this one a better name. ;)[/ooc]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: [IC]Prologue: Back at the Inn

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia fidgets impatiently, finding it hard to keep her mouth shut while Jackson relays what they had learned from Nayra, and fidgets even more so when she hears Eliza's tale.
"So d'you think the Fallen God and Father of Maggots are the same guy?" She asks the assembled company. "He's got a knack for names if he is."
She reclines in her chair, frowning. "Have we got time to launch a rescue mission and go to the pyramid without splitting up again?"
She hates herself for thinking it, but, if push came to shove, might leaving Eliza's child to it's fate be the lesser of two evils? Assuming the woman is telling the truth of course... She nonchalantly studies the mother and child for any signs of dishonesty.
Psychology 75%,[dice]0[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Cynthia,[ooc]You can't see any indication that Eliza is lying.[/ooc]
Jackson says, "Yes, I think the Father of Maggots is the Fallen God, Nayra's people have no name for it, but it makes sense that Larkin and the kharisiri would give it a name."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're going to need to make the most of the daylight while we have it," says Amy. "How far away from Puno is the ranch? We'll need to get torches before we go, and anything else we can use that's flammable: jars of oil, maybe. Also, we'll need matches or cigarette lighters so we can start fires. That's the only way to destroy them for good."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez will ask the innkeepers Gonzalez to get him 14 wine bottles, 2 per members of the group. He also send one of the boys working in the inn to fetch kerosene and petrol. He will then start making fire bomb of them with a rugg as ignition device.

"As far i can understand we got 2 choices. A: we rescue Eliza's child at her farm making a trap for the karishi when they arrive at night with her boy, and then go for the pyramid.
B: we go straight to the pyramid to cut the karishi from their power source. As far i can tell Larkin is getting here soon, so if we do A we might arrive to the pyramid at the same time as Larkin. If we do B they might kill Eliza's boy as the karishi is expecting Eliza to take us to her farm tonight "

OOC:   how is the timeline for Larkin here? is he arriving Puno today or tomorrow?  
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I think we have to rescue the kid," says Marcus. "I'm no saint, but I don't want to condemn a child to these monsters, and Eliza has suffered enough. Besides, if we can destroy most of them at the farmhouse, we won't have to worry about being ambushed later on."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia, who prides herself on being able to read people reasonably well, decides that Eliza and her son are showing no signs of deceit. This softens her opinion somewhat, much to her own relief.
"I don't like the idea of leaving the kid to it's fate, but would we be doing a greater good by replacing the ward straight away? But if they're all at the farmhouse... " She turns to Eliza. "How many are at the farmhouse?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"Torch the place seems a good option. Pity we don't have any hand grenades."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Eliza does not understand English, so Cynthia has to repeat her words in Spanish.

<<During the day, when they hide, there are always at least three of the kharisiri devils>>

<<But the most that I have seen is eight, the night that they came to murder all of my family. I have never seen Luis de Mendoza or Augustus Larkin, but the kharisiri have spoken if them>>

<<At night there is often only one, always one is watching my Julio, but tonight there will be more to capture you all for Augustus Larkin>>
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There's a third choice," says Amy. "We can rescue Julio during the day, destroying any kharisiri that are there, and then proceed directly to the pyramid before Larkin and the others show up. I don't like the idea of facing them at night, all at once, especially when they're prepared to kill us, but we have to rescue the baby. This way we can divide their forces and hopefully stay ahead of most of them. Once we fix the ward, they won't have any more power."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I agree with Amy. The big advantage we'll have is they'll not be expecting us during the day, and they sure as hell won't expect us to be alert to their presence. Also, from my experience with De Mendoza they're not ones for guns. So we go in, blast them, and then burn the bodies for good measure. After this Eliza and her family should probably go into hiding until Larkin and his men are dealt with; perhaps with your friend Jackson, if she's willing.'
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

After some deliberation, Cynthia concurs. "Yeah, okay, let's do that."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"Yes, it seems the best option"- says Anderson.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"There's a third choice," says Amy. "We can rescue Julio during the day, destroying any kharisiri that are there, and then proceed directly to the pyramid before Larkin and the others show up. I don't like the idea of facing them at night, all at once, especially when they're prepared to kill us, but we have to rescue the baby. This way we can divide their forces and hopefully stay ahead of most of them. Once we fix the ward, they won't have any more power."

"Im in on this too" Dr. Sánchez keep working on those firebombs.
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"I also agree, that sounds like an excellent plan Amy, rescue Julio from the farm, and then head to the pyramid while the rest are figuring out what happened. We'll probably arrive at the ruins after dark, but at least we'll know the kharisiri will mostly be elsewhere."

Jackson explains the plans to Eliza in Spanish and adds:

<<I'm sure that you will be safe with Nayra until the kharisiri are all dealt with>>
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia squares her shoulders, or as much as her slight frame will allow. "Alright then, let's get our gear together. I suppose we'll need medical stuff and whatever it is you use to carry babies in." She shrugs. "They aren't really my field of expertise... but then again, neither are fat-sucking vampires.."
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi diligently sharpened his knives as the various plans were being discussed. Occasionally he would look up to nod his approval for a suggestion he found particularly worthwhile. The tracker recalled his journey from La Paz to Lima and how he stayed hidden among the produce for many days. He suspected the tactic could work for this situation as well.

"Si, suggest we borrow produce delivery truck, most of us hide in back. Got to Lima same way."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good idea," says Amy, pleased that her plan has been so readily accepted. She hadn't liked either of the alternatives, and apparently neither had the others. "We need torches all around, and something with which to light them. Preferably cigarette lighters, but matches will do if we can't buy any here. We'll need to buy jars of oil or turpentine, something flammable that we pour somewhere and then ignite."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Truck, driver, horses, animal feed, kerosene; Jackson helps to translate everything so that Eliza understands.

Husiy has a cousin who drives a truck that's available to hire. Eliza trusts the owners of another ranch, closer to Puno where horses can be hired, she also says that her grandfather's farm has a dozen good Peruvian Paso horses in the corral - she also says that she is an expert at horse riding. The hotel owners Alejandro and Karla know where the rest of the list can be purchased in Puno.

Thanks to the local knowledge, it will only take an hour or so to acquire everything that is needed for the plan.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm no expert on babies either," says Amy, "but I imagine a basket with a blanket it in would make a good carrier. I was wondering about the gold artifact. Might it be useful as a weapon against them, seeing that it burns them with its touch? We'd have to be careful with it, of course. We don't want to damage it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”