Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

[IC]Prologue 0.3b: Rescue Mission

Post by Raiko »

Outside the Railway Station - Puno, Peru
10am - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

The following morning, after saying goodbye to the others Marcus, John, Anderson and Dr. Sánchez set off from the hotel with Husiy. The weather is nice, there is hardly a cloud in the sky, and a cool morning breeze is blowing in off Lake Titicaca.

As the group nears the railway station, Husiy asks, "How do you want to do this? The farm lady will probably come here at around eleven o'clock, I think."

There is a small plaza in front of the station, where a couple of market traders are still setting up their stalls for the day. A couple of trees at the edge of the plaza offer shade, and although the only taverna will be closed until noon, there is a café which has opened and has tables inside and out that offer a view of the station. There are also several shops.

Husiy indicates the stone steps at the front of the railway station, "Normally I just sit on those and wait until someone needs a guide."

OOC,[ooc]I'll try to go along with how you imagine the location for your stakeout, so I've no map and I've not specified what good the shops or the two market stalls are selling.[/ooc]
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: [IC]Prologue: Rescue Mission: Marcus,John,Michael,Sánche

Post by Anatomist »

"Marcus, Michael, John, you are all very notorious in this place, no offence." "This woman will be fearing white men you know." "I think its best for you three to hide in the cafe, get a table with some view, but be discrete. I can place myself on the other side of the plaza, ill blend in better for when this lady appears."
"What does you guys recon, might she be tailed as well you think?"

"Husiy what does this woman look like?"
"And take my hat, when you see her take it of your head as a signal, ok?"
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Re: [IC]Prologue: Rescue Mission

Post by Raiko »

"She was very pretty and quite tall," replies Husiy, "with her hair in a bun. When I met her she wore a blue dress and no hat. She dressed in the Spanish style, not the Puno style. She was older than me, but younger than thirty years I think.

"She was with her boy, he was - I do not know how many years, but less than ten years old."

Husiy agrees, "Yes I shall take off my hat when I see her."
OOC:   Husiy still has his own hat  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"No offense taken. I could go for a drink anyway," says Marcus. "He goes into the cafe and attempts to find a table that hides the group while also giving him as clear a view as possible of the station.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:She dressed in the Spanish style, not the Puno style.
"Hmmm spanish looking... hey guys, be careful. This lady might even bee one of them, spanish descendants from the conquistadores, right? catch my drift here?"
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Husiy looks surprised, "but you and your friends are also all dressed in the Spanish style Dr. Sánchez."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

If something goes wrong, how do we help you? I'm not comfortable with the idea of leaving one of use all alone.
Anderson is remembering the poor guy who had the parasite in his belly.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]Replying to Anatomist's post in the OOC thread, this is a small plaza, the cafe is no more than about 20m away from the steps, same goes for the shops and the taverna (when it opens). It's not busy either, so you will need to take cover somewhere if you don't want the lady and anyone tailing her to immediately notice you.[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Husiy sets off across the plaza towards the steps of the station, "I shall get ready for when she arrives."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez walk across from the cafe and in range of Husiy and starts talking to one of the marked traderes about their goods and their origins.
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

John sits down at the table with Marcus , "This is all much more exciting than I expected!"

He's glad that he brought his very sexy hat, it's just the thing to wear to look the part during a stake-out.

A few moments later Anderson joins them and orders a coffee, satisfied that Dr. Sánchez is close enough that they should be able to get to him in time if things go bad.

Outside the Railway Station - Puno, Peru
10:25am - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

It is nearly thirty minutes later when they see her, a tall slim lady with olive skin who approaches Husiy warily, holding a little boy's hand. Her dress is yellow today and her long dark hair is down, not in a bun, but Husiy takes off his hat and wipes his brow as she approaches,to signal that this is the woman.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez takes a carefull look around the area for any tail on the area, is this woman alone?
extreme success spot hidden,[dice]0[/dice]
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus reads the paper he can't actually understand a word of, keeping an eye out all the while.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Anderson pretends that he is just a bored tourist looking everywhere, but no to anyone in particular.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

There doesn't appear to be anyone tailing the young lady and her little boy.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez motions towards the cafe taking of his hat.
He walks towards Huasiy and the woman "Señora, perdon, Huasiy aqui nos ha contado de vuestro problema, le quiero asegurar que no tiene nada de que temer, si es uds una fiel sirviente del señor" "Yo y mis acompañanates estamos aqui para liberar el campo de las sombras que la acosa" - "Madam, pardon me, Huasiy here has told us about your problem, I want to assure you that he and yourself has nothing to fear as you're sure is a faithful servant of the Lord. I and my companions are here to free the hills of the shadows that harass it"

Dr. Sánchez will try to play the religious ind of this person showing her that he and by extension his company is here to help.
success fast talk 70%,[dice]0[/dice]
ooc,[ooc]hopefully someone has some psychology to see if she answers truthfully[/ooc]
~Bony End of Story~
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Anderson: psychology 10%
[dice]0[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The lady looks at Dr. Sánchez in shock, then accusingly at Husiy, she speaks in Spanish with a local (Puno) accent:
<<I told you not to be seen, and you bring them here! I cannot be seen with the Americans!>>

She looks like she is about to run away, but Dr. Sánchez's words halt her.

<<I must not be seen talking to you. Please, we must leave this square.>>
OOC:   It takes me too long doing the translation for posts, so I'm reverting back to just posting English.
Plus I don't want to have to translate into Arabic, etc later in the game. ;)  
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote: <<I must not be seen talking to you. Please, we must leave this square.>>
<<"Lets go to the cafe over there if you feel that's good enough, some of my friends are there to help us aswell""or maybe we can go elsewhere">>
OOC:   i like that <<>> notation for when the dialog is in non english language  
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The lady agrees and accompanies Sánchez back to the cafe, she holds her child close and hurries to get out of the plaza. Husiy follows behind at a more leisurely pace.

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”