[IC]Prologue 0.3b: Rescue Mission

Moderator: Raiko

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Re: [IC]Prologue: Rescue Mission

Post by Silver Priest »

Once Marcus sees the woman enter the cage, he motions her and the rest of the group over to his table.

"We've run into the pe--monsters that took your son madam, and rest assured that we won't stop into we reunite him with you safely. Anything you can tell us about how they contacted you, or anything you know of their plans, would be highly useful."
persuade 10,[dice]0[/dice]
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:The lady agrees and accompanies Sánchez back to the cafe, she holds her child close and hurries to get out of the plaza. Husiy follows behind at a more leisurely pace.
<<"Señora please help us help you, we are very worried about your situation" "who are you afraid can see you with us?" "please describe them so we can be on alert for them">>
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   No persuade rolls necessary at the moment  
<<It could be anyone, they do not come into the town themselves, but they have more spies than me.>>

The lady joins the investigators at their table and sits her boy - he looks about six - on her knees. She frowns for a second when Marcus speaks, but nods as Dr. Sánchez translates:

<<My name is Eliza>>

<<The devil men, the kharisiri, they came at night to my grandfather's ranch.>>

<<They killed all of the workers, and they killed my mother and my father and my aunt, and then they killed my husband Carlos. They sucked their bodies dry like a spider eats its prey.>>

<<But first they used their knives to hurt them. They told them that their juices would be fed to the Father of Maggots, to make it stronger.>>

She begins to cry.

<<Last of all they killed my Grandfather, he could not see, but he had heard everything that had happened.>>

<<Then there was only me and my children. They said they would not harm me, but that I would serve with them in the glory of the Father of Maggots, if not then they would drain my baby, my Julio. And then they would drain my Renán!>>

She hugs her boy, Renán, closer.

<<And then they would leave me alone and find someone who was willing.>>

Eliza sobs for a little while and then recovers enough to continue:

<<And so I work for them, walking in Puno in the daytime when they dare not, reporting back to them.>>

<<Then on Sunday I collected a telegram for them, from the man they follow, Augustus Larkin.>>

<<In it, he said that a gang of American thugs lead by a black man would arrive, probably by train.>>

<<That the Americans must be captured.>>

<<I had to give them the telegram, but also I spoke to Husiy.>>

<<The kharisiri told me that I will be used lure you into the cellars of the ranch during the night, so they could present you to Augustus Larkin, when he arrives.>>

<<But I knew that if Husiy could find where you are staying, then I could find a way to talk to you unseen.>>

Eliza glares at Husiy and then bursts into tears again:

<<But he is a fool, and now if we have been seen together then they will kill my little Julio and feed his juices to the Father of Maggots.>>
OOC:   Eliza doesn't speak English, so I'll assume that Dr. Sánchez translates everything unless Anatomist says otherwise  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus lights up a smoke as Eliza talks, the routine action helping to calm his nerves.

"I appreciate you telling us all that, madam. Are any of these kharisiri staying at your ranch now? Given they don't appear to operate in the daytime, if we went there now we might be able to ambush them before Larkin gets here. Then you could lure him to the ranch and we could deal with him as well.

"High risk plan of course, but it may be our best option. And rest assured, these things can be killed. I shot one in Lima, and it bled." He does not mention the fact the man rose from the dead; it seemed a minor point
. " More importantly, all of us survived an encounter with them already. We stand the best chance of freeing your son and bringing him back safely."

Truthfully, he doubted the child yet lived, but there seemed little point in saying as much.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Silver Priest wrote:Marcus lights up a smoke as Eliza talks, the routine action helping to calm his nerves.
"I appreciate you telling us all that, madam. Are any of these kharisiri staying at your ranch now? Given they don't appear to operate in the daytime, if we went there now we might be able to ambush them before Larkin gets
"I like your plan Marcus" Dr. Sánchez says while he translates "we must get to that ranch with the others, we cannot do this on our own"
<<Eliza, please come with us, at a distance, to our Hotel and let your boy stay there. If the kharasiri need you to find us im quite sure they dont got spies in the Hotell. The hotel owners seem decent people and im sure we can get them to look after your child while you and Huisy take us to the ranch, were we can put up a ambush>>
OOC:   we need to talk to the other group before we go to the ranch in my opinion  
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Eliza agrees:
<<Okay, I shall join you at your hotel and then I will show you to the ranch.l>>

<<You must take care still though, the kharisiri stay hidden during the day, but they do not fear the sun, only being seen.>>
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: So, we return to the hotel?
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sanchez starts walking back to the hotel, tailing eliza and Huisy.
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

As far as you can tell, nobody follows you all back to the hotel this time.
OOC:   The adventure continues Back at the Inn  

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”