[IC]Prologue 0.2: Arrival in Puno

Moderator: Raiko

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [IC]Prologue Part 2 - Puno, March 1921

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Um, okay," says Amy. "I'll wait for you inside, with the luggage. I'd get too winded trying to run in this thin air, anyhow."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi slowed his approach as the man stopped running and professed that he was a friend to them. He was wary of their former tail, but like Marcus, he chose not bring a weapon to bear on the man. There was no reason to further escalate this encounter and draw even more unwanted attention from the locals. Perhaps they could get some answers from him.

"Intindini." he said in an attempt to calm the man, then added "Pin kanki?"
OOC:   "Intindini" translates as "I understand." and "Pin kanki?" translates as "Who are you?"  
Mallet
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Post by Mallet »

Redacted by Raiko,[b]Antoine D'Estaing[/b] does not try to follow the man who ran away.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia watches as the two men run off in pursuit of their quarry, pleased that she was able to be of some help despite suffering from altitude sickness. Picking up her luggage, she then follows Amy into the hotel. She dumps her stuff in the foyer and looks around.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez stays at the entrance.
~Bony End of Story~
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Anderson joined most of the group in the hotel, he is too dizzy to start chasing unknown people in a new city. He leaves his packages in the hall, waiting for someone to pick his luggage.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

In the Marketplace - Puno, Peru

"Please do not hurt me Americans," the man's English is slow, but clear, he looks terrified of you.

"I am Husiy, guide to Puno and Titicaca, please do not kill me," there are tears in Husiy's eyes, and his raised hands are shaking. He is probably in his early twenties, although he might be younger. Slim and of average height, with thick unkempt hair, Husiy is a handsome young man with a heathy complexion, a small scar on his chin does nothing to diminish his good looks.

"The farmer lady, she visit me at the station yesterday. She say that gang of American bandidos from New York City arrive today or tomorrow on the train, led by black man. She tell me to follow you carefully and to tell her where you staying. To not be seen or you kill me!

"Please do not hurt Husiy, I am friend of Americans, yes?"
Successful Psychology,You think that [b]Husiy[/b] is genuinely fearful of you.
Hard Psychology,You fairly sure he isn't holding anything back. He looks genuinely relieved that you American bandits haven't shot him yet. ;)
Inside the Casona Colón Inn - Puno, Peru

The lobby of the Casona Colón Inn is a spacious and elegantly furnished lounge, with marble floors. Jackson Elias has visited before from the looks of things as the owners greet him warmly immediately.

A small restaurant, with a well-stocked bar is attached to the lobby, and French windows open onto the hotel's central courtyard, from which the rooms are accessed. The hotel looks like it is a family run business, the couple who greet Jackson are middle aged, while an older man behind the bar looks like he is probably the father of the man shaking Jackson's hand.
images(3).jpg
images(3).jpg (9.08 KiB) Viewed 776 times
images(4).jpg
images(4).jpg (10.72 KiB) Viewed 776 times
images(2).jpg
images(2).jpg (12.61 KiB) Viewed 776 times
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"Nice place here. Almost wished we didn't need to leave it".
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia nods. "Yeah. Jackson sure knows how to pick 'em huh?"
She walks up to Jackson and looks around the courtyard before smiling at the owners.
"This looks like a lovely hotel. I'm sure the town is equally nice. Tell me, are there any interesting libraries or museums nearby?" She shrugs apologetically. "I like old things - ruins and such."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Psychology 40%,[dice]0[/dice]
Marcus can't really judge the truth behind Husiy's words. He decides to reserve judgement and casts a look back at Atauchi, eager for his own take before he comments.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, yes, very lovely" says Amy. She gives Cynthia a grin. "I do too. The food smells great, even from here. Shall we have dinner after we check in? It's around the right time.'
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi cast a cautious look about the plaza and then back at Marcus. He felt that they were far too exposed to possible attack at their present location, especially if their tail had a tail of his own. Despite his aversion to confining spaces, the tracker strongly desired to continue this conversation somewhere more private. However, given that this man had conveyed to them that thought they would murder him in public suggested that he may not be too cooperative if it was suggested that they move into the hotel.

"Mana ñoqanchik wanchiy Husiy. Pay k'acha. Wasi ripuyi." he said to the young man, then glanced at Marcus and added, "We should get off street. Talk more inside."
OOC:   OOC: The Quechua dialog roughly means "We're not going to kill Husiy. He's friendly. (indicating Marcus) Go to that building. (referring to the hotel)  
Psychology (10%),[dice]0[/dice]
Spot Hidden (67%),[dice]1[/dice]
Intimidate (15%),[dice]2[/dice]
OOC:   The Spot Hidden is to see if the tail did indeed have his own tail. Also, I don't know if an Intimidate roll is needed here, as Husiy's already feeling very intimidated. Nevertheless, it seemed appropriate, but a 99 is awful. :lol: Any chance at a bonus die or 3? :D  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

In the Marketplace - Puno, Peru

Husiy seems compliant enough and walks with Atauchi and Marcus back towards the hotel. He still looks terrified though, especially of Atauchi - he keeps glancing at Atauchi's knives.

It's impossible to tell whether Husiy was being tailed himself, neither investigator noticed anyone else following them from the hotel, but the confrontation in the marketplace got everybody looking, and although most of the traders couldn't understand Husiy's English, they all understood American Bandidos perfectly!

Marcus is getting lots of angry looks from the locals, and Atauchi can hear lots of mutterings in Spanish, Quechua and Aymara about Americans, foreigners, gangsters, bandits and murderers. Nobody makes any overtly aggressive moves as they leave the marketplace, but Atauchi knows that if anything were to happen to Husiy, the Civil Guard would look no further than the investigators for suspects.

Inside the Casona Colón Inn - Puno, Peru
5:45pm - Monday 21st March, 1921

Atauchi, Marcus and a terrified Husiy arrive back at the Casona Colón Inn just as Jackson finishes booking the rooms and introducing the owners Alejandro and Karla Gonzalez to those investigators who are already in the lobby. The author looks very surprised to see new guest!
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia raises her eyebrows as Husiy is ushered into the hotel. "Is this our tail? Damn guy looks scared out of his wits - someone give him a drink and calm him down before he has an accident!"
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez sends his luggage to his room, keeping his .38 in his shoulder holster and he keeping the jacket on.
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy can't read much in Husiy's face beyond his obvious fear. "It's all right," she says with a smile and a soothing tone. "We're not going to hurt you."
OOC,Psychology roll (61% skill) about [b]Husiy[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Charm roll (60% skill) to put [b]Husiy[/b] at ease: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus briefly explains what Husiy told them and fills everyone in.

"Sounds as though this 'farmer lady' is one of Larkin's goons. I think we oughta pay her a visit. Unannounced, of course."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Psychology 65,[dice]0[/dice]
Cynthia can tell that the guy is too terrified to lie about the 'farmer lady'.
She sits down in front of Husiy and hands him a glass of water while Amy works her charm.
"This lady: who is she? Where can we find her?"
Last edited by jp1885 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Casona Colón Inn - Puno, Peru
5:45pm - Monday 21st March, 1921

Jackson fetches a drink for Husiy, who looks reassured by Amy's charm although he is clearly still scared of Atauchi.

After sipping his drink he says, "Thank you. I do not know the lady or where to find her, but came with a little boy, and she say she will return to the station in the morning."

You can tell that he is unsure whether to say more, but after taking a moment to think about it, he goes on, "The lady say that bad men have taken her baby to force her to help them.

"She say that bad men have fear of the American bandidos and so I must find where you stay. That you will kill me if you see me, but that she must speak to you before the bad men know you are here.

"She said that bad men are demons, kharisiri! That they will eat her baby!"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia leans back in her chair. "Sounds like someone is being extra careful." She smiles at Husiy. "It's okay pal."
She stands up whispering to Jackson. "Does your friend have kids? Could she be this 'farmer lady'? Maybe one of us could get a big poncho and one of those wide hats and go with Husiy to the station incognito?"
She grimaces. "So these guys are baby-eaters too huh? We need to find out more about the kharisiri..."
Last edited by jp1885 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”