[IC]Prologue 0.2: Arrival in Puno

Moderator: Raiko

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: [IC]Prologue Part 2 - Puno, March 1921

Post by Anatomist »

jp1885 wrote: Cynthia snaps her fingers. "Ah! I remember hearing about these 'vampires'! Guys in wide-brimmed hats supposedly?" She looks to Dr. Sanchez for confirmation. "They steal people's body fat by chopping them up with long knives, weird tools or magic through a hole in the liver - often when the victim is drunk or out of it somehow. Don't they sell whatever excess they have to clergymen or hospitals?" She grimaces. "Well if nothing else we can check out those in the locality later."
They also appeared with the Spanish conquistadores, this disease of a cult is imported from the very old Spanish Monarchy he ponders a second touching his sore skin still quite blistered and sore "this thing that burned me was real enough, our foe is a terrible creature"
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That makes sense," says Amy. "If the Luis de Mendoza in the journal is the same one, he must have been a kharisiri all along. I had thought maybe he'd been struck by a curse or something. How did he come to be one? Maybe it's hereditary."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Anderson is still too dizzy and isn't able to remember anything at all. Maybe he should have actually read anything about Peru before coming?
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia shakes her head and sighs. "I've no idea Amy; and we still don't know if they have any weaknesses. It's getting late - perhaps we should have something to eat and then settle down for the night. I suspect we'll all need a good sleep before setting off on our quests tomorrow. Shall we follow the same procedure as we did in Lima: no less than two to a room?"
She jerks a thumb towards Husiy. "And what about him? We can't exactly kidnap him and force him to spend the night here."
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

"Husiy can stay with us tonight, for his own safety. Let me see the journal again though, before we go to our rooms," says Jackson, "hmm, I don't know Gaspar Figueroa seemed to think that his friends including de Mendoza became ill in the night after damaging the pyramid and then attacked him and tried to consume him."
Final Confessions of Gaspar Figueroa, 1543
Final Confessions of Gaspar Figueroa, 1543
"I am certainly not convinced that Figueroa's attacker and our Luis de Mendoza are one and the same, but I saw his dead body, and you helped to hide the body Dr. Sánchez. And yet hours later he was helping Larkin to board a tram and then murdering again at the haulage yard. I saw Trinidad's body as well - that was not done by a knife."

Karla Gonzales passes some coca leaves to Cynthia, "You must chew on these leaves, you and anyone else who is suffering from the mountain air. In the morning you will feel much better."

Her husband Alejandro says, "We do not want to believe in the tales of the kharisiri bogeymen who stalk the hills, but many people disappear - too many now. Mostly from the countryside, but recently, sometimes even those walking the streets of Puno at night.

"That is why people may have stared at you, the people of Puno fear pale skinned strangers."

OOC,[ooc]Sorry Jon, I misread your post before and thought that Cynthia was speaking to Dr. Sánchez. I'm happy to move on, or to carry on chatting at the hotel. If everyone wants to move on now, then just have your characters go to their rooms. You have five rooms, so enough for two to a room, including Husiy. If no one else wants to keep an eye of Husiy, then Jackson will. I'm going to put a thread up for handouts later, as it's tricky to look back for them. Reposted the Journal clue here for now.[/ooc]
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez will purchase 2 week supply of cocaleaf, eat, drink a glass of wine. Later that evening he will asure Husiy that these gringos are ok, that this expedition is in part to free the hills of the dangers that lurks there."Deberias ayudarnos Husiy, nos hace falta alguien que nos ayude a cargar nuestro equipaje" -> "You should help uss Huisy we could use someone to help us carry our luggage"
After taking care of his blistered arm go to bed fully clothed. He will take the same room as Husiy and fall asleep.
Last edited by Anatomist on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia thanks Karla and duly chews on some of the leaves, assuming that Dr. Sanchez has purchased enough for all of them. She also has a meal and something to drink.
"Hey Amy, I guess we're bunking together again huh? Remember what I taught you about that pistol, just in case."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, we're roommates, just like in college," says Amy with a grin. "I remember, but I'm no Annie Oakley yet." She thanks Karla as well, chewing on the coca leaves and eating supper. "I've never been this high up before. I've been to the Adirondacks, but that's nowhere near as elevated as this. I guess the kharisiri got that way because of a curse or something after all, when they defiled the pyramid. We'll learn more when we talk to Nayra tomorrow."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus retires to his room, keeping a close watch over John. Just in case, he sleeps with his pistol within reach.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"I'm going to bed too, I hope to be better tomorrow".- says Anderson
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

"Yes, thank you!" says Husiy, "I shall help to carry your bags and free Puno of the kharisiri."

OOC:   Amy, Cynthia and Atauchi, please continue posting in Meeting the Yatiri.  
OOC:   Marcus, John, Anderson and Dr. Sánchez, please continue posting in Rescue Mission.  

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”