[IC]Prologue 0.1: The Beginning - Lima, March 1921

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: [IC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Post by Raiko »

OOC - Marcus,In your opinion, as a Great War veteran, he's a goner. Rules wise, he's dead - 0 HP, Major wound, failed CON roll. I'd actually allow a hard first-aid roll to CPR him back to "dying", but you'd still need to stabilise his condition before he died again, and then get him to someone nearby who's a real doctor (nearest hospital is back in Lima). Sánchez has more or less disembowelled him, and he's also full of caustic goo from the parasite which wants to do the same thing to one of you guys now. :shock: So you'd say he's a goner. :mrgreen:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Previously Atauchi said:   No señor, not much money, but have tribal made bow and knife for protection.  
Jackson nods, "That sounds like it would do the trick just as well."
Previously Cynthia said:   Way ahead of you... I suggest that we sleep at least two to a room tonight. Barricade the doors with whatever we can find and put something noisy around the windows in case anyone tries to break in that way. Do not disturb signs on the doors too, oh, and we need to come up with some kind of secret knock so that we know it's us."  
"You are probably right Cynthia, better safe than sorry."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

John remains in his hotel room, trying to comfort Jackson.
OOC:   Sorry...it was a really hectic week, wasn't sure when I would've gotten time to post.  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't have a gun," says Amy. "I've never even fired one in my life. I am a fast learner, if anyone has a spare to lend me. I couldn't even imagine shooting a fellow human being, but de Mendoza isn't one, so I wouldn't have a problem there. A secret knock...how about Shave and a Haircut?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"I have a spare handgun you can borrow Amy", says Jackson, "I hope though that you'll not need to use it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Jackson," says Amy. "I hope so too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

With the addition of many more sets of eyes and ears, Atauchi relaxed slightly, reclined into an armchair and lit his own pipe. The aromatic wisps of smoke drifted slowly towards the open window on an otherwise invisible air current. He suspected that many if not every other member of the expedition party had brought along personal equipment necessary to accomplish their assigned role, but Larkin declared that he would finance everything else.

"Jackson, we need vehicles and supplies when reaching Puno. Larkin was going to pay, who pay now?" he asked.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Not sure if Marcus can attack yet, but posting here just in case  
Aiming his firearm, Marcus shoots at the... thing.
handgun 75%,[dice]0[/dice] Possible damage, [dice]1[/dice]
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:
Sánchez,The parasite missed, and Sánchez has a much higher DEX than the other two. So you can take your own action, before the others can do anything other than shooting a readied gun. Beware that making a melee attack may give the parasite another chance to get onto you.
Dr. Sánchez tries to stab the thing again.
botch Brawl 30%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   :shock:  
~Bony End of Story~
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Dex: 35%
[dice]0[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc][quote="kabukiman"]Dex: 35% [dice]212338:0[/dice][/quote] Hopefully this will mean that you manage to shoot the thing before Dr. Sánchez's fumble. :shock:[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The floor is now slick with the dead man's blood, and Dr. Sánchez's foot slips as he tries to stab the horrifying parasite. He sprawls face first onto the floor and his pocket knife clatters across the room.
Fight-back Attack roll for the parasite,[ooc]If Michael hasn't already killed it, then this is the parasite's defence against Sánchez's attack: Parasite - Fighting(brawl) - Grab / slither: [dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The parasite still hasn't managed to latch onto Dr. Sánchez, he can see the dead man's revolver on the floor within reach.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

"Shave and a haircut - heh, sound good." Cynthia raps it out on a table - rat-tatatat-tat - while the others discuss logistics.
"I don't know how we're gonna pay for our expedition, but didn't you say you had friends near Puno Jackson? Hey Amy, I can at least show you how to load, aim, do the safety catch and such. Save firing off practice rounds in your hotel room, that'll have to do."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks, I'd like that," says Amy. "I can wait to practice until we're in the middle of nowhere. As for funding, couldn't Dr. Sánchez arrange some from the University? He was planning his own expedition anyway."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Mr. Handy wrote:"Thanks, I'd like that," says Amy. "I can wait to practice until we're in the middle of nowhere. As for funding, couldn't Dr. Sánchez arrange some from the University? He was planning his own expedition anyway."
Cynthia nods. "Good point Amy. I've been angling to get myself on a university expedition for ages."
She turns to Jackson. "How much do you know about the country around Puno? Is there any research we can do while we're waiting for Dr. Sanchez and the guys? Without exposing ourselves to death cults of course."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Chávez Brothers' Haulage - Chorrillos, Peru
6:55pm - Saturday 19th March, 1921

After taking a careful aim with his revolver, Anderson fires a shot at the parasite...
Firearms(Handgun): 60% (Aimed Shot),[b][u]Aimed shot: Firearms 60%:[/u][/b][dice]0[/dice] [b][u]Bonus die (60%):[/u][/b][dice]1[/dice]
...and narrowly misses, as the parasite continues going for Dr. Sánchez.
Parasite(grab) vs prone target,Fighting(grab):[dice]2[/dice] Bonus die:[dice]3[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc][b]Anatomist: [/b]The parasite has a normal success, so Dr. Sánchez needed to get a normal success on a dodge roll to avoid the parasite wrapping around his wrist. If you avoid it, you're no longer prone if you wish. [b]If you fail[/b], then please wait before taking your next action. :o If your dodge is successful, then it's your action. Your knife is now hard to reach. The revolver can be grabbed (or your own gun drawn) and you'll actually go first next round with a readied firearm, so you'd get to shoot as well.[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

John's Room - Hotel Maury

"Yes, I have a friend in Puno," says Jackson.
"Her name is Nayra and she is a yatiri, that's a kind of wise woman and healer. She has lived in the hills above Puno for many years and she helped me a lot when I was seeking I information about the kharisiri earlier in the year.

"Of course, at the time I dismissed most of what she said at the time as superstition, but now...?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"She's the one to talk to, then," says Amy. "Maybe she'll know how to kill one for good."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”