[IC]Prologue 0.5: The Ranch

Moderator: Raiko

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: [IC]Prologue: The Ranch

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus is happy to do so. He's never been good with kids anyway, though he's relived this one survived, seemingly unharmed by the entire ordeal.

At least she'll have some family after this is all over.

He collects any weapons and useful items the kharisiri may have had, and loads it into the truck. Then he heads outside, examining the scratch the one with the cleaver had given him. It could have been a lot worse but maybe he could patch himself up?
First Aid 50%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
After that's all over with, he pulls out another cigarette and inhales in relief.

"That... went better than I was expecting. Nice work everyone. Especially you, ladies." He nods to Cynthia and Amy. "You both held yourself together very well. I've served with men in the war that fell apart at the first sound of combat. Rather be in a foxhole with any of you."

"So, next move is the pyramid? Honestly I don't see why we shouldn't just wait for Larkin and De Mendoza here. We could surprise them and wipe the rest of them out, then visit the pyramid. I don't see why we want to risk having the rest of them at our backs. But I leave it to the more learned among us to give the orders. I just follow em. Usually.
" The ghost of a smile traces his lips.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Silver Priest wrote: "
"So, next move is the pyramid? Honestly I don't see why we shouldn't just wait for Larkin and De Mendoza here. We could surprise them and wipe the rest of them out, then visit the pyramid. I don't see why we want to risk having the rest of them at our backs. But I leave it to the more learned among us to give the orders. I just follow em. Usually.
" The ghost of a smile traces his lips.
"I like the idea of that Marcus, wasn't it for that i think this baby needs its mother as soon as possible, i would send Huisy and the driver to do it, but i can't imagine that the road is safe at the moment... they could get intercepted by Larkin"

"But at the same time i rather confront Larkin here, in daylight, than have him at our back later tonight at the pyramid, who knows how many more kharisiri it might be there"
~Bony End of Story~
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

"I'm ok with either options. If we manage to kill them as soon they arrive here, that would solve indeed our problems."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia lights a cigarette with shaking hands and smiles wryly to Anderson. "Thanks, though it seems I'm a pretty lousy shot. If Jackson hadn't shot that one son of a bitch before he tried to neck me, I'd be in serious trouble!"
She looks at the darkening sky. "It's gotta be what, five or six pm by now? I don't really wanna go mooching around the ruins in the dark. I think some of us oughta search the ranch while others drop the kid off in Puno and then come back. We can then all hole up here for the night. If those going to Puno head off on horseback they should be able to avoid Larkin and we could take turns standing guard at the ranch."
"Oh, if we do that, we'd best keep the artefact with us, rather than leave it in the truck."
She adds as an afterthought.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

At the gate
5:00pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

"I think you're right, it's probably a good idea to wait here and ambush Larkin and de Mendoza when they arrive."

Jackson is sat on the tailgate of the truck smoking his pipe.

"It's a good two days hike from the ranch up to where Nayra said the ruins are located. The terrain is safe enough to walk in the daylight, but it will be treacherous for us in the dark. But if the kharisiri prefer the night, they might be able to keep going. Who knows how long their stamina lasts?"

"They'd probably catch us before we reached the ruins. And Cynthia is right, it'll be dark in another hour or so."

"We should hide the bodies, as soon as they stop burning, I start with that one. In the stable I suppose?"
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote: "They'd probably catch us before we reached the ruins. And Cynthia is right, it'll be dark in another hour or so."
"Cynthia is right, seems the smart idea to ambush them, i think its a good idea try to lure them into the center of the buildings to get a shot at them all at once.
What if we make a fire pit in the middle, start a fire and throw the bodies down there?, im sure they will get to curious on what's burning in the hole to not come and take a peek. That's when we open fire on them, literally, with our firebombs."
~Bony End of Story~
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"I agree that we need to hide the bodies - making sure they're definitely dead!"

"I'm not so sure about advertising our presence here though. Didn't Eliza say that the kharisiri planned to trap us in the cellar in time for Larkin's return? If we keep out of sight, he and de Mendoza might think the plan has succeeded and be off-guard."

Cynthia ponders for a second, absentmindedly munching some coca leaves.

"Who is the tallest and thinnest of us? Could we dress someone up all scruffy like a kharisiri - wide hat and all? This person could stand in the porch of the big building and wave in Larkin's truck, before ducking out of sight before they can be recognised."

"Once the truck is in range, we can surround it and shoot and firebomb it with those losers inside."

"We need to get the baby out of here too, but I've changed my mind about sending the kid to Puno now, unless Atauchi has already left - if Larkin hears his cries, that'll work in our favour as he won't suspect we've rescued him."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Amy to Marcus, beaming. "Yes, we'd better stay here and finish the rest of the them rather than risk them coming up behind us. We know they're coming here, and they won't be expecting us to be able to put up a fight. I'm skinny enough, but I'm not tall enough to impersonate one of the kharisiri."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

"Well, I suppose then that everyone has agreed: we will stay here. And I'l take care of the bodies near the gate."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Rancho con Vistas al Lago - Highlands near Puno, Peru
5:50pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

By the time the sun sets, the kharisiri bodies have all been moved. So far there is no sign of either Augustus Larkin, nor any more kharisiri.
OOC:   I was under the impression that Atauchi was heading off immediately to Puno on horseback with John.
In which case, he's back by sundown. If not then he could have stuck around to hear Cythia's suggestion to use the baby as bait/background noise  
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Dr. Sánchez has taken a discrete window looking down the road, his rifle concealed at the ready.

"Ill watch the road, but they migh get here by horse as well so we must have lookouts north, west an d east as well"
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The high ground to the west would be a good vantage point," says Amy. "A good spot for those with rifles to hide in ambush. That's what I think anyway, but I haven't actually been to war...well, not until now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I'll take the west, then," Marcus volunteers.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"How about I hole up in the small house and keep a watch to the north?" Cynthia suggests. "If they approach from any other direction I'm centrally placed to come and help out."

"Like Amy, I'm skinny but too small to disguise myself as a kharisiri. I guess if no-one fits the bill, we could set up a dummy at a window or something." She smirks. "Or am I being silly?"
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi returned from Puno in time to assist in preparation of the ambush. He hadn't been aware of the proposed plan that would have used the child as bait, but he wouldn't have gone along with it anyway. Endangerment of the baby was unacceptable. He worked to conceal himself upon the roof of the smaller structure from where he would use his bow to pick off any hostiles within range.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Rancho con Vistas al Lago - Highlands near Puno, Peru
6:50pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

In the main house Jackson a box of shotgun shells. He reloads the shotgun used by the kharisiri."Anyone want to take this?"

John takes the shotgun in place of the Mauser rifle that he gave toDr. Sánchez earlier, "Maybe I'll be able to hit something with this."

He walks with Cynthia to the smaller house, "I'll stick near you, I don't think my bodyguard would like me being bait."

Jackson suggests that Amy brings her shotgun into the main house, "Hopefully we can still catch them in a crossfire the garden, even without bait."

He also takes up a position inside the main house, close to Sánchez, where the windows offer a good view of the road.

7:05pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

About fifteen minutes after sunset the last glimmers of sunlight vanish behind the high peaks of the northern Andes. A pair of headlights can be seen approaching on the road from Puno, still probably more than a mile away at the moment.
OOC:   Anatomist posted about Sánchez having a rifle, which wasn't the case before, so I've fixed that.
I'm not sure whether HelplessBystander is going to be able to return, so John is an NPC until the end of the prologue.
I think everyone has picked where to go except Amy.  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

While Cynthia waits, arranging to take it in turns with John to keep watch to the north, she reloads her pistol. Then she fills up some petrol bombs, setting them aside within easy reach.
Suddenly, a thought strikes her.
"Who's got the artefact? We haven't left it in the truck have we?"
OOC,I assume Cynthia can't see the lights yet, as she's looking in the opposite direction.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:
OOC:   Anatomist posted about Sánchez having a rifle, which wasn't the case before, so I've fixed that.  
OOC:   i statet i took my rifle with me when we left Puno  
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy joins Jackson in the main house, peeking out the window with her shotgun loaded and ready.
OOC,If there's a spare rifle, [b]Atauchi[/b] should get it, as he has some points in the skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Anderson is in the main house with Jackson and Sanchez, ready with his pistol. This way the group will maximize the damage.

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”