[IC]Prologue 0.5: The Ranch

Moderator: Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Re: [IC]Prologue: The Ranch

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]Yes you've rolled correctly, I'm not giving full length rifles the point blank bonus. The damage for your rifle is 2d6+4 though, so not [b]too[/b] bad for a double 1. :eek:[/ooc]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Post by jp1885 »

Seeing the shotgun-toting kharisiri headng out of the building, Cynthia draws her handgun and takes a shot as he comes out of the building.
OOC,I think this is do-able, but if not, what do I need to roll to break a window pane to either shoot through or reach the latch?
Handgun 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
Alas the shot goes massively wide.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Considering that she's the least useful in a fight, and that she doesn't know how quickly the kharisiri can recover, Amy douses the corpse of Diego in flammable liquid and lights it on fire.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The Small House

Marcus' rifle shot hits Hernando in the left arm, but the kharisiri pays the wound little heed as he swings the meat cleaver at his foe.
Attack Rolls,Hernando - fighting brawl: [dice]0[/dice] Hendando - Potential Damage (1d8 + 1d6): [dice]1[/dice][dice]2[/dice] [ooc]Marcus needs either a standard dodge, or a hard fighting success to avoid being hit or to counterattack.[/ooc]
The Large House
Cynthia fires through the window at the third kharisiri, but misses. The creature ignores the gunshot and walks out towards the gate, bringing up his shotgun as he does so.
OOC,[ooc]Cynthia can only shoot quickly by firing in through the window. The plain glass offers little protection against gunfire.[/ooc]
Through the damaged window Cynthia can see another kharisiri step into the kitchen. Spotting her immediately, it screams and charges to the window, leaping up at the glass in an attempt to reach her quickly. The vile creature's mouth distends as it runs, forming a wide disk lined with razor sharp teeth. In the centre of the disk the kharisiri's tongue hardens into a bony spike.
OOC,[ooc]Cynthia must make a SAN check, losing 1d6 points if she fails. So long as her sanity loss is less than 5, she will have chance to act before the kharisiri can jump through the window[/ooc]
At the gate

The fallen kharisiri Diego is instantly engulfed in flames as Amy lights the petrol. Jackson Elias fires another shot into Diego's head for good measure.

Dr. Sánchez and Anderson can both see the third kharisiri approaching the gate, brandishing the shotgun. He is lining up a shot in their direction.
OOC,[ooc]Luckily dousing a corpse in petrol doesn't require a hit roll. :lol:[/ooc]
Near the smaller house

John takes a shot at the shotgun wielding kharisiri as he crosses the garden without even looking towards the woods.
Rifle - Aimed,Rifle (25%): [dice]3[/dice] Bonus: [dice]4[/dice] Potential Damage (2d6+4): [dice]5[/dice]
OOC:   Atauchi has time to take another shot with his bow if he wishes.
Alternatively, this one hasn't seen him yet and is turned towards the gate, so he can go help Marcus unnoticed.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

John's rifle shot hits a tree near the kharisiri.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus attempts to block the attack.
Fighting hard 38%(?),[dice]0[/dice]
But he fails and the clever hits him, bruising him. His only response is to hiss in pain and be silently thankful it was not worse. It easily could have.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

SAN 51%,[dice]0[/dice]
SAN loss,[dice]1[/dice]
Cynthia squeals a number of very unladylike words as the kharisiri lunges at her through the window as his mouth distends.
Wishing that she'd thought to light her petrol bomb first, she realises that she has to rely on her pistol once more. She fires point-blank into the thing's ugly face.
Handgun 60%,[dice]2[/dice]
Handgun 60% bonus,[dice]3[/dice]
M1911 damage,[dice]4[/dice]
She really hopes the sight of her bullet grazing the monster's skull isn't the last thing she sees...
OOC:   Oh, I can fire again can't I? Negating the bonus die? If so..  
Handgun 60%,[dice]5[/dice]
OOC,FFS... No chance of a luck roll to see if he impales himself on the glass? ;)
Last edited by jp1885 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote: The Large House
Cynthia fires through the window at the third kharisiri, but misses. The creature ignores the gunshot and walks out towards the gate, bringing up his shotgun as he does so.
Dr. Sánchez and Anderson can both see the third kharisiri approaching the gate, brandishing the shotgun. He is lining up a shot in their direction.
Dr. Sánchez aims and squeezes the trigger in a rapid three shot burst, maybe too quickly as two of the shot goes wide but the third bullet hits the kharisiri's mid torso blood splashes "Amy! get some fire up here!"

failed Firearms Pistol (60%),[dice]0[/dice]
failed Firearms Pistol (60%),[dice]1[/dice]
extreme success Firearms Pistol (60%),[dice]2[/dice]
.38 dmg,[dice]3[/dice]
Last edited by Anatomist on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy makes her way toward Dr. Sanchez, using the truck for cover and looking for a kharisiri to shoot - or at least try to shoot. If she cannot see a target, she will reload a shell to replace the one she had fired.
OOC,[quote="Raiko"][ooc]Luckily dousing a corpse in petrol doesn't require a hit roll. :lol:[/ooc][/quote] That's why I did it. Somebody had to, and it was the one thing where I knew I had a decent chance of success.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Anderson starts shooting to the the creature approaching in the gate

Handgun: 60%
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Adding a bonus die to Anderson's shot - Raiko
Bonus: [dice]1[/dice]
Damage: [dice]2[/dice]  
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi lined up another shot at his foe when he heard commotion from the area behind him. He spun around and entered the structure to aid Marcus in his struggle. He put his trust in his companions to handle the other.
OOC:   If there's a chance at shooting the one on Marcus, let me know and I'll add a roll.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   Atauchi can shoot - there's a penalty die for the bow - for shooting into a melee.
Marcus will also have a penalty die if he shoots with the rifle against his melee opponent.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

At the gate

The kharisiri with the shotgun stumbles to the ground, hit by shots from both Dr. Sánchez and Anderson.
OOC,Dice roll to remain conscious CON: [dice]0[/dice]
Remarkably it is still conscious and manages to fire a wild shot at Anderson as it falls to its knees.
OOC,Shotgun(25%):[dice]1[/dice] Penalty die (cover): [dice]2[/dice] Penalty die (falling!) : [dice]3[/dice]
As the kharisiri hits the ground, the shotgun clatters out of it's hands. It's mouth is stretching open unnaturally wide, as it begins to morph into it's true form.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

By the window

The kharisiri crashes through the glass, ignoring the damage it does to itself, trying to leap onto Cynthia.
OOC,[ooc]Damage from the glass: [dice]0[/dice] Fighting(brawling) grab: [dice]1[/dice] Penalty [dice]3[/dice][/ooc]
Jackson sees the creature, firing as it leaps...
OOC,[ooc]Jackson Elias, point blank shot into melee - Firearms: [dice]2[/dice] Impale damage 1d10+14 [dice]4[/dice][/ooc]
Jackson's shot hits the kharisiri righy between the eyes, as it passes inches from Cynthia, landing in a bloody heap next to her.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia steps back as, with a 'crack' and a 'whoosh', the creature lands sprawling beside her feet. Momentarily confused, she looks up to see Jackson lowering his rifle.
"That's twice I owe you..." she mutters, sighing with relief.
Remembering the Yatiria's words, she quickly douses the prone kharisiri with fuel, lights a match and drops it on the creature before running back to the cover of the truck.
OOC,[ooc]Showing my ignorance here, but do I have to make a fight roll or somesuch before this to deflect the kharisiri?[/ooc]
Last edited by jp1885 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]No, the kharisiri missed, so no need to make an opposing roll. Technically I should have asked for a defence roll at the same time as the attack, but I'd rather just move the game along where possible[/ooc]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

With the kharisiri being so close, Marcus decides to call on his boxing experience. He drops the rifle and attempts to punch the maniac square in the jaw.
Brawl 75%,[dice]0[/dice] Damage [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice]
But the wound from the cleaver throws off his aim, and he misses his opponent.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi shouldered his bow when he noticed Marcus draw into extreme close range with the cleaver-wielding kharisiri. He wasn't about to risk hitting his companion. He withdrew his machete from the sheath on his belt and struck at the creature from the rear.
OOC:   Going to assume a bonus die situation here for speed's sake. If not, just use the first roll.  
Fighting (Brawl) (25%),[dice]0[/dice]
Bonus Die?,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   I'm officially the worst fighter of all time. :oops:  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's a good thing the kharisiri are as bad with guns as we are! ;) Can I see a kharisiri to try to shoot (and probably miss)? I'm leaving for a convention tomorrow afternoon, but I should be able to post one more time before I go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,You can see the kharisiri who is wounded and dropped the shotgun. You'll be at close range, so no bonus die, but 4d6 damage if you hit (24 damage for an extreme success)

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”