[OOC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Moderator: Raiko

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: [OOC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm ready to move on too, but that should be Saturday morning. Monday morning is when we're supposed to set out on the expedition.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

That's okay by me as well.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Well, the good news is Atauchi will see anyone who may be surveilling he or the other investigators, the bad news is, they also will see him... lol. Let me know if I get to check that skill, Raiko. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

I've got a half written post on my laptop from last night. Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish and have been busy with family stuff today.

Will finish the post this evening. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Raiko wrote:I've got a half written post on my laptop from last night. Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish and have been busy with family stuff today.

Will finish the post this evening. :)
Done! :)

Sorry I didn't get it finished on Saturday. I sometimes get carried away looking for pictures and historic details when a change of scene happens - and I knew next to nothing about Peru before the new edition of Masks was released.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Okay. HelplessBystander is on holiday this week, so John will remain upstairs for now.

Kabukiman's been on holiday for two weeks, I'm not sure if he's back, but I've PMed him.

So at the moment there are only three actively posting players.

Kabukiman, Mallet and VashShotFirst: if any of you are lurking and following the story without posting, please post in character within the next 24 hours if you want your investigator involved at the museum. After that I'll assume that they remained at the Hotel Maury, so that only John plus any investigators with active players are here with Jackson and Sánchez. :)
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

I've got a day at the beach planned for tomorrow, but I should be able to get online once I get back in the evening.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Okay, please could someone make me a group luck roll?

Any of you can make it, and regardless of whether it's just the three of you, or others join you need to use Atauchi's luck score of 40%, as that'll be the lowest.

I'll be writing an IC post a little later, so this group luck roll isn't holding anything up.

Whichever player whose investigator is down in yhe basement reads this first, please make the roll. :)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Oof, sorry guys. Well, at least I got an extreme on the listen roll.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Sorry, I was extremely tired when I finally did get home from my trip sometime after 10 PM. I was dead to the work within an hour. I'll catch myself up now.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Zero wrote:Sorry, I was extremely tired when I finally did get home from my trip sometime after 10 PM. I was dead to the work within an hour. I'll catch myself up now.
No worries, I've fallen asleep writing posts at night a couple of times in this game already.

I'm aiming to make a post at least once per day that actually advances the plot, plus any "one liner" posts that are needed to keep npc conversations going without you needing to wait for my "daily post".

And then I want to move between "titled sections" of the adventure at least once per week if possible.

So far that's working out fine, which means we might get through everything, so thank you. :)
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

@Raiko, Would Atauchi notice that the others (who heard the footsteps) are being more stealthy? Or will he be moving in normally?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I think it's quite reasonable that he would try to be stealthy in this situation regardless.

I'll update the in character thread in a couple of hours.

Sorry for the hold up, ive been figuring out how to setup a Roll20 game for my regular tabletop group.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

As HelplessBystander is back from his hols, and the IC thread at Sánchez's office is active, then I'm happy for anyone whose investigator isn't in the basement to be in the office with Sánchez and John - but you need to be able to post every day or two (and within a day if someone is waiting for you), otherwise it's easier for me if you're at the hotel for now.

Alternatively, if you're able to post regularly, but don't want to be at the museum, then just post that you're beginning another activity starting out from the Hotel Maury.

I've not heard back from kabukiman, so I assume he's still on holiday.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Argh, I feel like one of us needs to get this Spot Hidden roll to avoid losing the attacker. And unless Jackson gets a roll none of us seem to have made it. :oops:

Is there any way I could Push the roll to try and get a second shot at spotting our guy or gal? Also, if I push a roll, can I then spend luck on it if I miss it a second time?
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Silver Priest wrote:Argh, I feel like one of us needs to get this Spot Hidden roll to avoid losing the attacker. And unless Jackson gets a roll none of us seem to have made it. :oops:

Is there any way I could Push the roll to try and get a second shot at spotting our guy or gal? Also, if I push a roll, can I then spend luck on it if I miss it a second time?
Heh, I've never seen dice, tangible or otherwise behave in such a way. If this isn't proof that the mythos is real, then I don't know what is...
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Yes you can push your roll if you like.

In this case it is simply a case of slowing down and spending longer looking in every direction for someone, who you're sure must be there.

If you fail, then the consequences will likely just be that you are too late or too far away, eg to give first aid, or to catch the culprit if he/she/it breaks cover. Or you might end up being ambushed.

You are allowed spend luck to pass a failed pushed roll.

Since you're possibly pushing your roll, I'm going to roll now for Mallet/Antoine and also for Jackson and Professor Sánchez:

Antoine:
Hard Spot Hidden (27%),Note that Antoine needs his skills tweaking, because his skills were overspent. This is using the tweaked example that I sent to Mallet - I'll post that version into the investigators thread later (pending a possible update from Mallet) [dice]0[/dice]
Jackson Elias:
Hard Spot Hidden,[dice]1[/dice]
Professor Sánchez:
Hard Spot Hidden,[dice]2[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That's actually a success for Sánchez, so I'll make an IC post during my lunch (in an hour or two).

Jackson seems to share your luck. :o
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

In the absence of an actual map of the museum / university I've grabbed a couple of extra modern photos of that side of the university and the park.

Note that the German Clock Tower that dominates the park in these images will only be constructed in 1923.

I'm assuming that the rest of the park then was roughly how it appears now, including statues / monuments being in the same place, even if they weren't the same ones!

The wounded lady is on the paved path that is on the left hand side of this first image - close to the location of the smaller statue (the one in front of the bell tower).
Luis de Mendoza is trying to use the trees as cover while making his way towards the right hand of the two doors (the two white painted bands each has an entrance). Professor Sánchez's office is to the left of that door - one of the windows facing the white statue.
800px-UNMSM_Casona_de_San_Marcos_y_Parque_Universitario.jpg
Looking at the second image below, the "side entrance" that the investigators followed de Mendoza though opens onto the street on the left of the image. You have then run around to the side with the park, but you are still on the paved area that is between the park and the museum in the image above.
De Mendoza is now trying to run across the paved area towards the entrance. If you try to shoot him, you'll only have time for one shot, because of the cover from the statue right in the middle of that paved area.
casona_08.jpg
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've moved Kabukiman and Mallet's character sheet posts from the pre-game thread into the Investigators thread, with their skills now fixed.

They each need to lose 1d10+5 sanity as well, due to their wartime experiences.

Michael Anderson's SAN loss:
[dice]0[/dice]

Professor Antoine D’Estaing's SAN loss:
[dice]1[/dice]

Ouch! Sorry about that guys. You both really had it bad in the war.

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”