[IC]Prologue 0.5: The Ranch

Moderator: Raiko

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: [IC]Prologue: The Ranch

Post by kabukiman »

Anderson leaves the truck and run to help Dr Sanchez and shoot Diego as soon as he can

Handgun: 60%
[dice]0[/dice]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia flinches as the shots ring out. She looks at Amy and grimaces. "That'll bring 'em all out! We need to keep the ones in the big building inside and torch the place." Keeping her head down and using the truck for cover, she makes her way along, planning to get to the corner of the large building (away from the porch) to drop her petrol bomb through a window.
OOC,I'm guess any open windows would be obvious but here's a spot hidden (50%)roll just in case [dice]0[/dice] Oh well...
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   Dr. Sánchez is shooting at point black range, and so gets a bonus die, as does Anderson.  
As he makes his way stealthily through the trees, Marcus can see that there is a back door to the house that faces out towards the wooded hill. Although the back door is more than likely to be locked, it is possible to approach that door completely unseen from the garden and the conflict at the gate.

Alternatively he could climb over the low wall into the garden and go in through the front door. There are several large trees in the garden, and stone arches fronting the porch, so he'd have cover from the main house most of the time.

John waits by the horses, taking cover behind a tree he levels the rifle, ready to cover Marcus and Atauchi's escape when they get the baby. He smiles at the thought of protecting his own bodyguard.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Cynthia can see that there are several large windows, but none of them are open.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,Are they glass windows, like in the photo, or wooden shutters?
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi held his position momentarily while Marcus approached the smaller structure during the brewing chaos. He readied his bow to provide cover fire should it become necessary. If for some reason the other man was detected, having a lookout would be vitally important. If signaled by Marcus, however, he would advance immediately.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,They are glass windows.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Back door is clear, but there's a good chance it's locked,and I'm no good with them. Would waste valuable time as well.

Front it is. Hopefully my luck holds.

He attempts to climb the wall into the garden and using cover, continues to make his way to the front door.
OOC:   Please let me know if I need to make any rolls here.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   The wall is low enough that anyone can get over it, but make a climb/jump/luck roll (your choice). If you succeed, then your original stealth roll will last until you reach the door, if you fail then roll stealth again.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

luck 55%,[dice]0[/dice] phew.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Careful, don't go for the house unless someone's covering you," Amy whispers to Cynthia. She readies her shotgun, levels it at Diego, and squeezes the trigger, discharging one of the barrels at him. The blast goes wide. It probably would have been more accurate if she hadn't flinched when she fired.
OOC,Firearms (Rifle/Shotgun) roll (25% base skill) shooting at [b]Diego[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Bonus die (if point blank): [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Praying that Amy's shotgun blast will at least keep the kharisiri away from her, Cynthia scuttles out of cover and races to the wall of the large building. Seeing that the windows are closed, she peers through the nearest one (furthest from the porch, to it's left), trying not to be seen from the inside or out.
Stealth 50%,[dice]0[/dice] Extreme success!
OOC:   If this is too much for a single round, my apologies.  
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Hernando shooting at blank range:
Bonus die
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   Anderson cannot see Hernando - who is also much further than point blank range away. I've used your rolls to conclude Anderson's original point blank shot at Diego, as you've posted before I resolved that action. i.e. bonus die: 11 damage die: 8
Giving an impale for 18 damage.  
Rancho con Vistas al Lago
4:00pm - Tuesday 22nd March, 1921

Jackson is momentarily startled when Dr. Sánchez opens fire, "Damn, I thought we."

Diego appears to be blessed by the dark lords as he is virtually unscathed from close range volleys from Sánchez and Amy.

Coming to his senses Jackson levels his revolver and fires, hitting the kharisiri in the chest

A moment later Anderson clears the side of the truck and shoots Diego in the head, before the Spaniard even has time to react to the ambush. Diego collapses to the ground.
Jackson Elias - Dice Rolls,Jackson - Firearms(Handgun) Roll:[dice]0[/dice] Jackson - Bonus die : [dice]1[/dice] Jackson - Damage(.45 Revolver 1d10+2): [dice]2[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Looking through the window Cynthia can see a large kitchen area, inside the third Spaniard has picked up a shotgun and moved to the front door. Cynthia can see the man from behind.

Across the garden Marcus makes it to the porch of Eliza's house unnoticed by the kharisiri. As he gets there he is confronted by Hernando stepping back out of the door holding a large meat cleaver. The kharisiri is surprised, distracted by the gunshots from outside the garden gate, but turns and begins to swing the cleaver when he sees the new threat.
OOC:   Marcus has time to open fire first  
Behind Marcus, Atauchi reaches the garden wall, before he can climb over to cover Marcus he spots the third kharisiri step up to the door of the main building holding what looks like a shotgun.
OOC:   This is the same guy that Cynthia can see from behind. John can also see him, but is holding fire if possible until he's covering the escape.  
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Dr.Sánchez reloads his .38 up to 6 bullets again and aim at the gateway if the second person from the main building will cross it.
~Bony End of Story~
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Atauchi had followed Marcus in towards the smaller structure, but just as he was about to bound the fence and move around towards the entrance he caught sight of movement. Another kharisiri had come into view, and this one was armed with a firearm. The Quechua tracker took aim with his bow and let loose an arrow in the direction of the creature. He hoped to wound it before it could take a clean shot at his companions.
Firearms (Bow) (35%),[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Of course it missed. :x At least it was such a poorly aimed shot that it probably went nowhere near the target and thus didn't tip him off to Atauchi's location. :D  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC:   Yes, that's exactly what happened.
As long as Atauchi passes a luck roll.  
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

OOC:   lol... just go ahead and shoot at him now then. We know he'll never pass a Luck roll. At least he has cover from the fence.  
Luck (35),[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   I stand corrected... Luck roll passed. :lol:  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus wastes no time, his mind going back to the war where it was kill or be killed. He raises his rifle and fires at Hernando.
Rifle 65%,[dice]0[/dice] Damage [dice]1[/dice] Still a bit confused about all the intricacies of combat, and unsure if Marcus gets a bonus die here. Also unsure if I have the right damage stats for the gun; I'll happilly correct any errors I made in this post once pointed out. ;) Edit: Ouch. Well, maybe it threw off his aim at least.

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”