[IC]Prologue 0.1: The Beginning - Lima, March 1921

Moderator: Raiko

Mallet
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: [IC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Post by Mallet »

Antoine D'Estaing attempts to hit the attacker through the window with his sword.
Sword 50%,[dice]0[/dice] [b]Damage: 3[/b] Result Verification Key: 135616b4-7217-43dc-a42c-99a99407b4dc Verification URL: http://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVerifier?RID=135616b4-7217-43dc-a42c-99a99407b4dc Character Name: Antoine D'Estaing Campaign/Game: Masks Reason for the Roll/Details : Damage with sword Dice Rolled: 1d6+1d4+1 rolled. Target: Dice Roll Total: 3
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

What little knowledge Amy has comes readily to mind.
OOC,First Aid roll (45% skill) in the basement, examining the body: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

John went to the side of Elias and the girl and asked, "Hey, uh, you need some help here sir?
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

"Yes, thank you."

Jackson moves aside for John, "See if you can stop the bleeding, she's lost consciousness, I don't know if she's going to make it."

As he stands up, Jackson pulls his .45 back out of its holster, "I'm going to try and help the others."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

De Mendoza dodge,[ooc]Dodge (35%) roll for de Mendoza: [dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
De Mendoza fails to avoid Antoine's sword, but hardly finches from the damage.

He speaks in Spanish as he presses his attack against Atauchi, the first sentence that anyone has heard from the Spaniard, "You are no match for Luis de Mendoza, you have no skill."

Although Atauchi can understand the words, de Mendoza is speaking in an archaic dialect that he's unfamiliar with.
OOC,[ooc][u]Fighting(brawl) 60%:[/u] [dice]1[/dice] [u]Large knife potential damage 1d4+2+1d6:[/u] [dice]2[/dice][dice]3[/dice][/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc][b]Atauchi[/b] needs to make a defence roll. [b]De Mendoza[/b] has scored a hard success, so you need either a [b]hard success[/b] to dodge, or an [b]extreme success[/b] to fight back or use a combat manoeuvre. Otherwise he takes 6 damage[/ooc] [ooc]If Atauchi suffers 6 damage, it is a major wound, he falls prone and must make a CON roll to remain conscious.[/ooc]
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi called upon Epunamun to give him the skill to survive the savage assault as he attempted to avoid the man's bladed attack.

"¿Qué hay de la mujer? Un verdadero guerrero no asesina a los débiles. Entrégate a nosotros y rescata tu honor." he replied.
Dodge Roll (37%),[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Translates as: What about the woman? A true warrior does not murder the weak. Surrender to us and salvage your honor.  
OOC:   Don't really have a choice here, the unluckiest character is going to spend 5 luck to make that a hard success to avoid the damage.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Professor Sánchez shouts, "Antoine! I am leaving!"

Then he runs to the window.
OOC,[ooc]There's nobody blocking the window this round, if Marcus would like to shoot (with a penalty die), next round Sánchez will have to make a climb roll like John did. I've not looked at his skill yet, probably default though.[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

De Mendoza curses as Atauchi narrowly evades his knife thrust, he also utters a single word, which is both extremely old fashioned and extremely offensive to Atauchi and his people.

Atauchi has no idea whether the word is directed at him or the poor student stabbed outside.
OOC,[ooc]I have no idea what word de Mendoza uses, and don't wish to, but it would be an archaic and insulting Spanish term used to refer to the indigenous peoples of South America. Equivelant to using the old fashioned version of the N word in Harlem.[/ooc]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"Okay, but be careful!" Marcus tells John.

His focus is on De Mendoza. Seeing him through the window, Marcus once again tries to shoot him. It will be a tough shot, but he's quietly confident he can manage it.
Shot 75%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] So is this a normal success?
damage,[dice]2[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Major Wound,[ooc]CON roll for de Mendoza to remain conscious [dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
Marcus hits de Mendoza in the chest and the Spaniard crashes to the ground, hitting the wall as he falls.

He remains conscious though and, still gripping his knife, he stares murderously at Atauchi as he tries to get back to his feet.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]De Mendoza is now out sight from.everyone except Atauchi. Silver Priest, the roll was a hard success (half skill) so would have been harder for de Mendoza to avoid had he try to dive for cover (He didn't know Marcus was pointing a gun at him). If the penalty die had been a bonus one, you'd have got an extreme success and an impale. EDIT: I've just checked your DEX scores, and Antoine can make an attack before Marcus shoots (non-readied firearm) if Mallet wishes, if he attacks and scores enough damage, then Marcus' shot might have killed de Mendoza or knocked him unconscious, in which case I'll edit the above. If Atauchi attacks again, or runs for it, then we'll have that occur after Marcus' gun shot.[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

For Amy,Checking [b]Trinidad's[/b] body, [b]Amy [/b]sees that it is thoroughly emaciated, looking like little more than a skeleton wrapped in loose skin. The ragged and bloody circular wound in her chest is about six inches across, and it appears that much of the soft tissue and fat from inside[b] Trinidad's [/b]body has been dissolved and sucked out of the hole.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy gasps again. "How can that be?" she asks herself. "It's just a legend...isn't it?" She is so focused on the corpse that she doesn't hear the gunshot upstairs.
OOC,Listen roll (45% skill) in the basement to hear the gunshot: [dice]0[/dice] Bonus die: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

John looked at the body, and tried to recall all that he learned about emergency first aid treatments about 3 semesters ago and recalled with vivid memory of how to sterilise and treat the exact type of wound in front him. Pulling a few pieces of improvised medical equipment out of his backpack, including a flask of rubbing alcohol and a clean cloth, he set about his work.
First Aid 30%,[dice]0[/dice]
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mallet
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Mallet »

Antoine D'Estaing swings again at the attacker (target:50):
ATTACK,[dice]0[/dice] [Hmm, I seem to have made a false move here with the die roller.] Second try: [dice]1[/dice] [Very strange: The first time I submitted the post, i could not see any result of the die roll. Now I can see the number "99" this time around ... I think I will let the Keeper figure this out ... ] Just in case: Damage (1d6): [dice]2[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

John's efforts have stemmed the girl's bleeding for now. She is still unconscious, but will hopefully live long enough to make it to a hospital.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Antoine's attack misses de Mendoza, he falls out of sight behind the door when Marcus' shot hits him in the chest.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi sensed the advantage, moved in and struck at his prone opponent with a balled fist. The Quechua man knew de Mendoza was grievously wounded, and he didn't want to kill him, yet. For his crimes, this man certainly deserved death, but he also had answers they required. However, given what he had observed of the Spaniard thus far, Atauchi strongly doubted he would be forthcoming.

"¡Quédate abajo!" he ordered.
Fighting (Brawl) (25%),[dice]0[/dice]
Bonus Die,[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Nope, no luck. :roll:  
OOC:   ¡Quédate abajo! means Stay down!  
Last edited by Zero on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

As Atauchi moves close de Mendoza attempts to grab hold of him to pull him closer.
DEFENCE,[ooc][b]De Mendoza[/b] defence roll FIGHTING BACK: Fighting(brawl): 60% [dice]0[/dice][/ooc]

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”