[IC]Prologue 0.1: The Beginning - Lima, March 1921

Moderator: Raiko

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Re: [IC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Post by HelplessBystander »

"Marcus, we're meeting back up at the hotel!" John said, valiantly running off as quickly as possible and started helping with the doors.
Con 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Okay, made the necessary edits  
Last edited by HelplessBystander on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]Is John not helping Sánchez blockade the door? That's fine by me, but not sure that's your intent. Having reread my last post, I should clarify that everything said in that post was said by Sánchez, I wasn't talking on John's behalf. I've written a brief summary of the chase rules in the OOC thread.[/ooc]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus realizes he's not going to catch De Mendoza. Loath as he is to do it, he needs to take the shot and protect John and the others.

He stops running, aims at the fleeing murderer, and fires a bullet.
handgun 19%,[dice]0[/dice]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Marcus' shot misses Atauchi by inches and hits the wall of the museum, well above de Mendoza's head.

De Mendoza bursts through the museum entrance and heads straight for the office of Professor Sánchez with Atauchi in pursuit.

Atauchi is shocked to see that de Mendoza has almost completely knocked the museum door off it's hinges!
OOC:   Please could everyone (even Amy) make a CON roll, at the same time as saying what they're doing next.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,[ooc]Anyone still inside Sánchez's office hears de Mendoza smash open the museum door as he crashes through. Amy can make a second listen roll to hear from the basement (after the first listen plus bonus dice to hear Marcus shooting)[/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Amy keeps the gold artifact at arm's length. It's a good idea not to touch it anyway, so as not to cause damage to it, which is something any would-be archaeologist knows. She gasps when she hears the gunshot. Not knowing who has fired the gun or the circumstances, though aware that there's still danger, she decides the best thing she can do for now is to remain here. She examines the body, trying to figure out how it could have gotten into such a state.
OOC,Listen roll (45% skill) in the basement to hear the gunshot: [dice]0[/dice] Listen roll bonus die: [dice]1[/dice] Listen roll (45% skill) in the basement to hear the smashing door: [dice]2[/dice] CON roll (55% stat) for the chase: [dice]3[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

John decided that this was no time for a heroic confrontation and yelled at the assailant, “Don’t shoot my bodyguard! He’s got life insurance!”

Then he ran out the window.
OOC:   Made a CON on the post above. I edited it to maintain continuity.  
Mallet
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by Mallet »

Antoine D'Estaing pulls out the sword out of his cane and get's ready to confront the attacker !

He was a French officer during WW I, and comes from a family of avid swordsmen.

As soon as the aggressor will be in range, he will lunge at him with his weapon !
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Atauchi instinctively ducked when he heard the shot ring out behind him. The move nearly threw him off stride, but he managed to maintain his sure footing.

"Wanu!" he swore as a bullet ricocheted off the wall nearby. The tracker quickly glanced over his shoulder at Marcus, then continued at his breakneck pace.
OOC:   Guess you can't add dice to an existing post?  
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   Or maybe you can, I have no idea what's happening right now.  
Last edited by Zero on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Con 80%,[dice]0[/dice]
Cursing as his shot misses, Marcus prepares to resume running after De Mendoza, though he doubts he'll be able to catch him.

But as John begins to climb out the window, Marcus instead redirects to meeting up with him. Given the situation, protecting his employer had to be his top priority.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

John and Sánchez quickly drag the desk in front of the of the door, before John runs to the window and Antoine readies his sword.

After smashing through the museum entrance, Luis de Mendoza heads straight for Sánchez's office, tipping a stone pedestal topped by a priceless vase onto the floor behind him as he runs down the corridor.

When the office door refuses to budge, de Mendoza smashes the glass window with a violent blow from his knife and attempts to climb through the window before Atauchi can catch him.
LOTS of OOC stuff - PLEASE READ!,[ooc][b]Atauchi [/b]can make either a Jump or Dodge roll to avoid the rolling stone pedestal without slowing. [list][*]FAILURE: just means that you are slowed and de Mendoza makes it into the office before you catch him. [*]FUMBLE: means that he is tripped and also loses 1d3 hit points[*]SUCCESS: means you catch him in the corridor. [*]EXCEPTIONAL SUCCESS: means that you've gained ground so quickly that you catch de Mendoza off guard – gain a bonus die on your next roll.[/list][/ooc] [ooc][b]Antoine[/b], you can stab de Mendoza through the window – the cover gives you a penalty die. Or you can stab him as he climbs through the window (might not happen if Atauchi stops him) – this will give you a bonus die instead.[/ooc] [ooc]de Mendoza will be attempting to fight back against the first investigator to attack him, and so if Atauchi catches him outside the door, he'll be staying there for now.[/ooc] [ooc][b]John[/b], make a climb roll to get out of the window in a hurry: [list][*]FAILURE: It takes you another 1d3 rounds to get out [*]FUMBLE: You get out quickly but fall out onto the path, lose 1d3 hit points [*]EXCEPTIONAL SUCCESS: You more or less vault out of the window, with the grace of an Olympian – give yourself a pat on the back and consider yourself half way to the Hotel Maury already![/list][/ooc] [ooc][b]Marcus[/b], you are outside the window by the time John gets out (unless he makes that acrobatic vault . Depending on whether John is stuck getting out, you may be able to help him. You can also see the office door through the window, and so might get a shot at Mendoza. As with Antoine's sword attacks, if Atauchi manages to stop de Mendoza outside the window this will have a penalty die, but if he's climbing though the smashed window then you’d have a bonus die. If John's stuck climbing out then you've no shot, but can still see inside. If you shoot, then roll a 1d10*10 anyway as you'll definitely have either a bonus or a penalty.[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC Amy,[ooc][b]Amy[/b], I'll give some information regardless, but please make a medicine/biology/first aid roll - your choice.[/ooc]
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Climb 20%,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
Not being a particularly athletic person, John had a wee bit o' difficulty climbing through the window.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus attempts to help John out of the window once he reaches it.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Atauchi deftly dodged to one side as the rather sizeable pillar rolled in his direction, knife in hand, ready to strike the moment he is within melee range. He suspected that his quarry's strength was considerable, and braced himself for what he anticipated to be a very violent physical confrontation.
Dodge (37%),[dice]0[/dice]
Damage (1d3),[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Yes that was a success... I know, almost unprecedented. No damage hath been scored.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

De Mendoza whirls to face Atauchi, grinning evilly, his big knife still stained with the girl's blood.

Atauchi sees that the other man's face is also smeared with lots of blood around his mouth, Trinidad's? Surely not!

As Atauchi lunges, de Mendoza attempts to turn the attack aside and strike a vicious counter.
DEFENCE,[ooc][b]de Mendoza: [/b][i]Fighting Back[/i] - Fighting(Brawl) 60% Roll: [dice]0[/dice] Potential Damage: 1d4+2 +1d6 [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice][/ooc]
OOC Atauchi / Antoine / Marcus,[ooc]Atauchi: De Mendoza's Defence Roll has failed, so you need just a normal success to hit him.[/ooc] [ooc]Antoine: If you attack De Mendoza, you will receive a bonus die for outnumbering him, this cancels out the penalty die for cover, so just make a normal attack. If you do attack then de Mendoza will attempt to dodge.[/ooc] [ooc]Marcus: If you attempt to help John out of the window then make a melee grab - ie Fighting(Brawl) roll: SUCCESS: You get help John through the window this round. FAILURE: No change. FUMBLE: You pull him through, but he falls out onto the path for 1d3 damage.[/ooc]
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

In the park the wounded student has collapsed to the ground and is almost unconscious, Jackson attempts to stop her from bleeding out.
First Aid (30%),[ooc]Jackson Elias - First Aid (30%): [dice]0[/dice] Oh dear! :cry:[/ooc]
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Atauchi was surprised when the attacker whirled about and his identity was revealed to him. He delayed for a moment, then slashed at de Mendoza with his own blade.
Fighting (Brawl) (25%),[dice]0[/dice]
Last edited by Zero on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Marcus attempts to help his employer out of the window and to safety, so he can hopefully fire through it.
Melee 75%,[dice]0[/dice]
He all but yanks his young charge outside, before firmly but gently helping him down onto the ground.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Thanks Marcus! I knew I could count on you!" John whispered, "I...think I might be a bit outta my depth here, I'll go grab That Jackson Elias Guy and the girl on the groun an' drag her somewhere safe, hos 'bout that?"

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”