Post by Raiko »

Also Happy Birthday Mallet! :mrgreen:
Mallet
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: [OOC]Prologue - Peru, March 1921

Post by Mallet »

Mysteriously, I am getting regular updates from the OOC thread, but absolutely none from the IC thread, which is very annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

:(
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

I know it's a silly question (but I'm going to ask anyway :lol:) are you definitely subscribed to the thread?
ie: Is there an "Unsubscribe topic" link at the bottom of that thread for you?

I've got to ask though, is a subscription email really necessary at the moment? Since the game began over a month ago there have been new posts in the IC thread every single day. So isn't it just as easy to have a quick look at the forum once a day, rather than waiting for an email notification that you know hasn't been working for you?
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Mallet, mine looks like this.
2018_09_10_subscribe.png
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

@Anatomist: I edited your post to put the image as an attachment, because it was too weird to look at on my phone :eek:

It was a thread within a thread!
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Raiko wrote:@Anatomist: I edited your post to put the image as an attachment, because it was too weird to look at on my phone :eek:

It was a thread within a thread!
INCEPTION!
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Btw, what are people using as image host now a days?
~Bony End of Story~
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Anatomist wrote:Btw, what are people using as image host now a days?
I've been using the forum's own attachment feature for all handouts and location images.

When I don't want the attachment text to appear, e.g. when I post my own investigator image in The Burnt Man, I use imgur.com - It's free, I've been using it for years to post 100s of images to a different forum, and it's always worked fine and includes clickable bb-code links to paste into the forum.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

In the Ic thread, is it late night? As far Sánchez go he rather push the investigation towards Larkins an de Menoza's room now rather then the next morning. Or shall we wait so Cynthia Vallier get a chanse ot heal a bit?
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Anatomist wrote:In the Ic thread, is it late night? As far Sánchez go he rather push the investigation towards Larkins an de Menoza's room now rather then the next morning. Or shall we wait so Cynthia Vallier get a chanse ot heal a bit?
nvm i just saw jp1885 response.
~Bony End of Story~
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Post by jp1885 »

Cynthia definitely needs to sleep as she's got a major wound and is down to half hit points, having being stabbed by De Mendoza. However, depending on the time, I don't mind if anyone else wants to continue the investigation.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm leaving it up to you guys, Cynthia would get a few hitpoints back (but doesn't necessarily need to visit Larkin with you).

I didn't anticipate anyone thinking it was evening. The visit to the museum was before noon, so I'd been planning to update the clock to early afternoon, 2pm or so, if you went straight to Larkin's hotel.

I don't post times during fights / chases, so that I can just put everyone back together later - like a movie. ;)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

You could rest during the day, and risk delaying your visit to Larkin until tonight - always a good idea with vampires right?

Then Cynthia can have some hit points and Atauchi will recover from temporary insanity. Any delay is your choice though.

Edit: possibly ignore the insanity bit of the above, as it only lasts a few minutes, not hours I think. :oops:

EDIT AGAIN: Nope! I was correct the first time, Atauchi's insanity lasts for 7 hours.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Atauchi can always stand guard over me if everyone else wants to investigate. We can rejoin the party at a suitable point once Cynthia has gained some HP and Atauchi recovers.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Okay, so thanks to the help of both John and the "best doctor in all of Peru" I'm going to allow Cynthia to make her "weekly" recovery roll after she's rested - regardless of when you all decide to go visit Larkin (the earliest now I guess would be in another couple of hours when Nemesio Sánchez gets back).

Cynthia will get a bonus die on her CON roll due to the doctor treating her.

A single hit point recovered now will actually remove the major wound.
jp1885 wrote:Atauchi can always stand guard over me if everyone else wants to investigate. We can rejoin the party at a suitable point once Cynthia has gained some HP and Atauchi recovers.
It's probably a good idea not to leave Cynthia alone. :)

If you wait until evening, then Atauchi will be feeling much better.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Ok cool. I'm new to CoC, so just so I'm doing it right... When Cynthia has rested I make a CON roll, with a bonus 1d10*10 and choose the lowest 10's score, and if successful add 1d3 HP (2d3 if extreme)?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That's right, but we had a chat about bonus and penalty dice earlier and agreed it's easiest to just roll a second d100 online.

So roll 1d100 twice and use the best result.

Normally you would need to wait for a week after a major wound.

Unfortunately if you fail, even being the kind Keeper that I am, you'll be in Puna by the time you can roll again. :o
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Thanks.
If I do fail, Cynthia is still going to tag along - headstrong fool that she is!
Last edited by jp1885 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'd expect no less, after all she's from Chicago - what's the worst that can happen in a backwater place like this?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'd prefer to move the game along tomorrow if possible.

So, as I see it there are several courses of action that Jackson will be happy to go along with:
  • Visit the Hotel España (Larkin's hotel) as soon as Nemesio Sánchez returns mid-afternoon, this means leaving Cynthia asleep, possibly Atauchi guarding, possibly waking up John from his beauty sleep.
  • Visit the Hotel España when Cynthia is rested and Atauchi has regained his composure / sanity. This would possibly allow everyone to join in, but would mean a delay and it would be after sunset.
  • Wait until the morning to visit the Hotel España - same as above, but a longer delay and no risky night time confrontation.
  • Forget about the Hotel España and head directly for Puna ASAP, to gain a surprise lead on Larkin.
I'd prefer this to be resolved in the IC thread, but I don't really want to spend days of real-time deciding, I'd rather get moving with the "next bit" in the next 24 hours. :)

Return to “Prologue and Pre-game threads”