Page 1 of 1

5 Genius Loci: The Dark of the Moon

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:09 am
by Umbral Dragon
The Atmosphere at the Asylum is one of silence and eerie stillness.

Re: 5 Genius Loci: The Dark of the Moon

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:12 pm
by jp1885

Coach parks his car a discrete sistance from the asylum. Feeling uncomfortable in the white uniform (not least because he has to remove his beloved cap), he waits impatiently for Ranger Norris to complete his recce.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Carl is in his parked car, not doing anything but keeping an eye on the place. The whole point of his part of the plan is to establish his presence and be ready to enter as soon as he hears a commotion inside.
OOC,I won't actually be finished until either something goes wrong inside or those who go inside first manage to extract [b]Larry[/b]. It's best if I'm not seen with the rest of you in order to preserve my cover.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:11 am
by HoneyDog
Joseph nudges Coach.

"We should get moving. Jimmy, can you lead us in?"

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:06 am
by jp1885
OOC,Ah, my bad!
"Yep, let's get this show on the road..."

Filled with foreboding, Coach sighs and grab his sports bag. Trying to make it look like it's perfectly normal for an orderly to be carrying such a thing, he gets out of the car and heads to the asylum with Joseph.

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:20 pm
by Zero
OOC:   To clarify, the remnants of the stone are where exactly?  

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:11 am
by Umbral Dragon
OOC: The remnants of the stone pieces could be anywhere. There is no documentation of where the pieces went to.

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:12 am
by Umbral Dragon
Outside, you feel the presence of something you can't put your finger on, but you know it's not good.

OOC: Did you bring weapons?

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, I have all my weapons (the rifle, the revolvers, and the baton), as well as extra ammo. I'm expecting trouble.

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:42 am
by Zero
OOC:   Hmm, okay then. I thought we knew where one large piece was. Yes Jimmy brought a lot of weapons. He has a guitar case which holds his tommy gun as well as a handgun and knife. There's probably also some sort of explosives in the trunk of his car, just in case. He'll change into his orderly outfit upon arrival and the others can gawk at his new "associate". We have a name for the expert, Umbral? I'll make my IC post tomorrow sometime. I'm exhausted now. Sorry.  

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:49 am
by HoneyDog
OOC:   Joseph has his orderly outfit plus a set of brass knuckles he got in the army. And a camera.  

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am
by jp1885
OOC:   Coach has his baseball bat ‘Betsie’ stashed in his sports bag. If it’s not too conspicuous he also has his old shotgun stuffed in there too.  

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:11 pm
by Umbral Dragon
A young man named Atwood is your man. He was studying occult sciences at the University of Texas, about to transfer to Miskatonic at Arkham.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:23 am
by Zero
Jimmy the Chin nonchalantly stepped out of the rear of his automobile, a mint condition Rolls Royce Phantom I (see below). He had evidently recovered from whatever he had reacted to earlier on, perhaps it was because of his new ace in the hole. He gestured to another man inside the rear of the vehicle to get out.

"Gents, I'd like to introduce yous all to a friend of mine. Name's Atwood. I filled him in best I could on what we found out here. As you said Coach, none of us are geniuses. Fortunately, this guy is. He's gonna help us figure this all out." he announced with confidence.

With that, the gangster moved around to the rear of the vehicle and produced a medium-sized guitar case from the trunk.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:21 am
by HoneyDog
"Let's get moving, then" says Joseph.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:40 am
by jp1885

Coach nods to the newcomer.

"I hope you know what you're letting yourself in for pal."

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:07 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Atwood looks about, somewhat out of sorts. "I, ah, really have no idea," he says as he cleans his spectacles and straightens his bow tie.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:54 am
by jp1885

“Huh.”

While they wait for an opportune moment to slip in, Coach sizes up the newcomer. He isn’t impressed.

“Well, be prepared for some pretty weird stuff. I don’t know what our mutual pal has told you, but do you recognise the symbol in this photograph?”

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:00 am
by Zero
Jimmy the Chin changed into his orderly outfit while the Coach conversed with their newly drafted associate. Upon further reflection, the gangster surmised that it was probably for the best that the Ranger wasn't present, else he would likely find himself being reprimanded for his tactics. Desperate times called for desperate measures, though.

"He'll prove his worth, you'll see, Coach." he announced.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:34 am
by jp1885

"You better be right..."

Coach gives Atwood another glance before turning to the asylum.

"C'mon, let's go."

He heads towards the entrance, trying to look as if he walks through the main door every day.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:34 pm
by Umbral Dragon
The newspaper lies on the ground, in front of the gated entrance. It has blown open to a page that catches Joseph's attention. It reads:
DEATH AT KIRBY LUNATIC ASYLUM
Kirby State Hospital reports the death of Andrew McBride, age unknown. McBride was found unresponsive in his cell early this morning. Cause of death is declared suicide as reported by Superintendent Doctor James Berger.
"It is a tragedy when these things happen," says Dr. Berger, "yet, we cannot reach every soul that comes into our care. He is in a better place now."
McBride leaves no known relatives.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:49 pm
by HoneyDog
Joseph almost does a double take when he sees the paper. He picks it up and quickly scans it, before holding it out to the others to read.

“Suicide my ass” he growls. “That goddam Berger had a hand in this.”

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 pm
by jp1885

”Y’know what? If we achieve nothing else tonight, I’d love to give that smug jerk a good pasting...”

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:08 am
by Umbral Dragon
You look onto the compound, within the gate/fence, and it's about 3 in the afternoon. Security is still out and about as well on the road to the the Asylum, yet they all remain within the gated property.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:13 am
by jp1885

“What shall we do?” Coach whispers to the others. “Wait for a change of shift, sneak around the back or talk our way past the guards?”

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:28 pm
by HoneyDog
"We're gonna attract a lot of attention, striding through the front entrance" says Joseph. "There must be a side entrance."

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:00 pm
by Umbral Dragon
in your recent forays, there is a perimeter fence around the compound and beyond it is mostly swampland and scrub.

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am
by jp1885

"As I recall, the perimeter is fenced off pretty tight. C'mon guys, we're in uniform, let's brazen this out."

Seizing Atwood's arm, he marches up to the guards.

"Hey! Found this guy wandering around asking about McBride. Dr. Berger will wanna, er, 'speak' to him."

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm
by Zero
Jimmy the Chin observed Coach Muldoon from a fair distance away, a small smirk on his face as the other man put his haphazard plan into effect. It seemed crazy enough that it might just work, but he was also quite ready to put these the guards in the ground if things went south. He hadn't locked his guitar case, and he casually ran his fingers along the latches that secured it shut, curious to see how the ploy would play out.

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:17 pm
by Umbral Dragon
A large bald burly man with a nightstick in his hand calls a similar fellow over. The first man has tattoos on his fore arms, a dragon and an anchor on slightly tanned skin. The second man is dark skinned, bald and slighter of frame. They both have security unforms on and keys dangling from their belts.
"Who the hell are you fella?" says the first one to coach, pointing the baton at his chest, staring intently into his eyes.

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 pm
by HoneyDog
Joseph is on the other side of Atwood. He speaks up as his fist curls around the brass knuckles in his pocket.

“Extra help. Berger called us in. Said he needed it for the dark of the moon. Now, are you gonna let us in? We need to report to him.”

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:33 pm
by jp1885

Coach nods.

"What he said."

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:27 am
by Umbral Dragon

Both of them look at you for a long moment in silence.
"Lijah," says tattooed man, "I don't think we were informed about any extra white coats, were you?"

"Nah sir," says the black man, now Lijah, "Doctor Berger (Boy geh) never said nothin' bout no white coats Lemmy. Maybe we needs to shake 'em down Lemmy."

"Good idea Lijah. You boyz are comin' with us, but first you get to wear some special cuff links," says Lem as he and Lijah chuckle.

Lemmy produces some thumb cuffs from his pock and begins to approach Coach, while Lijah, thumb cuffs also in hand approaches Joseph...

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 am
by jp1885

"Hey listen..."

Coach subtly moves behind his 'prisoner', letting his sports bag drop off his shoulder as he does so.

"...there's no need for the thumbscrews pal, all we need to do is-"

Without warning, he shoves poor Atwood into the guard. Trusting that the distraction will work, he grabs Betsie from his bag and takes a swing at the guard.

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm
by Zero
Jimmy the Chin had been momentarily giving instructions to his two goons when his peripheral vision caught a flash of sudden movement. When he looked up, the Coach's attempt to waylay the guards has quickly gotten violent. With a practiced hand, the gangster had released the clasps on the guitar case and produced a pristine Thompson submachine gun from its interior. He pulled back the bolt handle and raised the muzzle towards the guards.

"All right, lets see you touch the sky, now!" Jimmy demanded firmly.

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:51 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Lemmy sees what's coming. His baton goes up as he drops the cuffs.
Ooc: Fight rolls for Coach vs. Lemmy.[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:53 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Coach gets an Advantage Die.

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 pm
by jp1885
Fight (Brawl) 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
Bonus die,[dice]1[/dice]
Potential damage (club),[dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 am
by HoneyDog
Forced to move, Joseph takes a swing at the guard nearest him, but the move is anticipated and he doesn't connect.
Fighting,Fighting 25: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/757561]Fighting[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]38[/b]

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:32 am
by Umbral Dragon
Just as the scuffle get underway, Jimmy's presence is felt more than seen and the Guards notice the assault weapon.
They put their hands in the air, looking from Coach and Joseph, and back to Jimmy.

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:33 am
by HoneyDog
“Looks like it’s you two who’s wearing these cuffs” says Joseph. “Good timing Jimmy.”

He looks around. “We need to stash them somewhere.”

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:39 am
by jp1885

“Hands behind your backs - one at a time. No stupid moves or my pal here will fill you full of lead.”

Assuming the guards comply, Coach will put the thumb cuffs on them. He’ll also suggest the be bound and gagged. If all goes smoothly he’ll search them for keys, passes and anything incriminating.
OOC,Is there a shed or guardhouse nearby?

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:27 pm
by Zero
Jimmy the Chin glanced at his two thugs for a moment, then back to the guards and it was apparent that a plan was forming within the made man's slightly warped mind.

"Yous two, into their uniforms. You're takin' their place. Let no one in, unless they're with that Ranger." he directed.

Once the guards were stripped of their outfits and hands bound, the gangster reached into the pockets of his jacket and produced a bottle of morphine from his previous raid along with a syringe. He then glanced at the guards once more, a dark expression on his face.

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:24 am
by Umbral Dragon
Ok, so where are you going with this? Kind of waiting to see what happens here...

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:46 am
by Zero
OOC:   That was supposed to be a scene ender there. My guy's men are now the guards, they'll keep the gate open in case we need to make a run for it later and make sure no one else interferes. The other guards will be sedated/doped out of their minds. Who knows? Might be future customers for Jimmy if they become addicted to the high, lol. We can wait a bit until it gets a bit darker so our features aren't easily recognizable by anyone else observing the grounds, but we'll be going in shortly. Oh yeah, and we've got anything they had in their pockets, keys, etc.  

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:17 pm
by jp1885
OOC:   As per my last post, Coach wants to thumb-cuff the guards, frisk them for keys and search their guard hut, if there is one.  

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:01 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'm staying hidden for now, just watching.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:00 am
by Umbral Dragon
Ok, so give me a few to bring the next scene out. I have been overwhelmed by work. But I will be back in this by Tuesday latest.

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 am
by Umbral Dragon
Hey, I haven't forgotten about you. I've had to find a new job and also try to make ends meet. I will gat back to it soon. I really want to see how it all ends up!

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:43 am
by jp1885
OOC:   No rush mate :)