2 Genius Loci: Visiting Kirby State Hospital

Doors to Darkness yawn open to reveal three hair raising tales!

Genius Loci - Not all is well at the Kirby State Lunatic Asylum and it’s down to the investigators to heed a friend in need’s cry.
Ties That Bind - Strange rock formations have been found in Mrs. Carrington’s prized fountain. But these are like no rocks seen before!
None More Black - The death of a Rice University student leads the investigators into unsavoury neighbourhoods and dark business dealings.

Are you the Dreamer or are you the Dream? Shadows flitting at the corners of your vision, haunting laughter just outside your window and inhuman, eerie sounds in the middle of the night, all of this and more await the unwary once you open the Doors to Darkness!

Moderator: Umbral Dragon

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: 2 Genius Loci: Visiting Kirby State Hospital

Post by jp1885 »

OOC,Ditto - especially the guy mentioned by Larry, the weird vision Coach had of a lizard thing in a bathtub, being pushed down the stairs by an unknown force and the freaky St. George & the Dragon painting in the Doc's office.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Jimmy listened as the others recounted their experiences within the place. His expression was almost serious for a moment when the coach began to talk about the hallucinations he experienced while in there.

He turned towards the coach and asked, "It's a bit early in the day to be hittin' the bottle, ain't it, pally? Don't go sayin' any of that to the wrong people or you might end up a patient in that place."

He sipped his coffee and looked around the table once more.

"Even with a court order, I don't think we'll be receivin' a warm welcome the next time we set foot inside that joint." he said to the group, then directed his gaze to the lawman and added with a smirk, "Oh yeah, let me know if the judge gives you any trouble, Cowboy. I can put in a call."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Joseph announces that he will return to the Chronicle to run the story by the editor there. He promises to catch up with the others later.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Zero wrote:"It's a bit early in the day to be hittin' the bottle, ain't it, pally? Don't go sayin' any of that to the wrong people or you might end up a patient in that place."
Coach harumphs a short laugh.

"Did you see that nurse at the front desk? With the ear all chewed off? After spending time with those creeps, it's never too early son."

By way of illustration, he fishes his hipflask our of his jacket pocket to take a swig, but stops as it reaches his lips.

"Hey, it just hit me - remember that guy Larry talked about? Andrew McBride? Wasn't he mentioned in the articles Joe dug out? Head of the maintenance team or something?"
Last edited by jp1885 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, you're right, Coach," says Carl. "No wonder he knows so much about that place and what goes on there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Umbral Dragon »

HoneyDog wrote:Joseph announces that he will return to the Chronicle to run the story by the editor there. He promises to catch up with the others later.
Spoiler:
You arrive at the Chronicle's Darkroom and find that all of your film is unexposed, blank, nothing on them. The film appears to have been run through to the last frame as normal, only there are no images on the film. You know you processed everything like a clockwork science project and yet - nothing!
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

As the others all have something to do, Coach decides to look for a local record office in an attempt to learn more about McBride.

He's not particularly well-suited to such research, but he hopes to ask someone if he runs into difficulties.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"What the hell?" says Joseph, aghast. "How the hell did that happen? Goddamit!"

Knowing he has nothing to show for their earlier efforts, he decides to rejoin the others before he runs into the editor and has to explain himself.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Joseph catches up withy Coach and they both head over to the City Archive...
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"So how did the photographs come out Joe?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"They didn't!" Joseph curses. "I did everything properly but none of the negatives were exposed! I don't understand it."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"What? Dammit! Listen Joe, there's definitely something weird going on here. After we go read up on McBride, maybe I should grab my shotgun?"
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Jimmy returned to his villa and made a phone call to the office. He explained to his man what he wanted done and when. He also recommended that they be ready for trouble and to shoot first and ask questions later if approached while conducting their surveillance. Once his orders were conveyed, the gangster returned to the billiard room where he had left Soloman waiting.

"I believe it's your turn to rack 'em." he said.
OOC:   Taking some liberties with Soloman here as Border hasn't really indicated what he wanted to do next. Figured he could hang out with the Chin for awhile while they discussed things. If you have something else you want to do @Borderline, let me know, and I can edit the post.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Of course!" Joseph says to Coach. "The whole thing stinks! But what are we gonna do? Are you gonna go in blasting? We need to use our heads. I say we also see what we can find out about our friend, Dr. Berger. Maybe we can dig up some dirt on him."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Oh the last thing I wanna do is go in all guns blazing - we have our hoodlum friends for that - but somehow I think ol' Betsie is gonna need some backup. I agree we need to get some dirt on the Doc, plus whatever we can find out about McBride."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's a shame those pictures didn't come out," says Carl, "but they don't know that, and we still have testimony of several eyewitnesses. Looking into Dr. Berger's background is a good idea."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Doors to Darkness”