Genius Loci: OOC

Doors to Darkness yawn open to reveal three hair raising tales!

Genius Loci - Not all is well at the Kirby State Lunatic Asylum and it’s down to the investigators to heed a friend in need’s cry.
Ties That Bind - Strange rock formations have been found in Mrs. Carrington’s prized fountain. But these are like no rocks seen before!
None More Black - The death of a Rice University student leads the investigators into unsavoury neighbourhoods and dark business dealings.

Are you the Dreamer or are you the Dream? Shadows flitting at the corners of your vision, haunting laughter just outside your window and inhuman, eerie sounds in the middle of the night, all of this and more await the unwary once you open the Doors to Darkness!

Moderator: Umbral Dragon

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: Genius Loci: OOC

Post by HoneyDog »

Joseph can use the newspaper archives to see if there is any background information on the asylum, and then head out there using his story as a cover. I assume the asylum has given him permission.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Post by Borderline »

Me assuming Joeseph got a yes was in regard to hearong him talking to his newspaper, not the asylum. I hadnt seen that message. I think if we split up we could cover all of our leads, we'll probably want to check out the archives and talk to local tribes primarily. If we can talk to those same witnesses who mentioned Walker and his hoodoo that might be less directly related but an option if we have the man power and time but I know my character sint wanting to wait too long to get started. Muldoon is part indian so he and someone charming could talk to the tribes and someone scholarly could check out the archives. The only real interpesonal skills my character has is psychology and my crrdit ratings enough that I could bribe someone if necesary.
Edit: honeydog my message wasnt meant to contradict yours I think we were typing at the same time.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes, I thought the first yes was from the newspaper to do the story, but we don't know yet if the asylum will consent as there hasn't been a message. I assume they will, but if they don't, Joseph will just visit the archives.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Ok we're on the same page. I think you could do both though. You jist might want to show up to the asylum seperately from us so you can preserve ypur access. You might even open a back door to let us in haha
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Umbral Dragon »

HoneyDog wrote:Yes, I thought the first yes was from the newspaper to do the story, but we don't know yet if the asylum will consent as there hasn't been a message. I assume they will, but if they don't, Joseph will just visit the archives.
Joseph gets a non-committal answer, they didn't sound pleased, but they didn't say no.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Borderline wrote:Me assuming Joeseph got a yes was in regard to hearong him talking to his newspaper, not the asylum. I hadnt seen that message. I think if we split up we could cover all of our leads, we'll probably want to check out the archives and talk to local tribes primarily. If we can talk to those same witnesses who mentioned Walker and his hoodoo that might be less directly related but an option if we have the man power and time but I know my character sint wanting to wait too long to get started. Muldoon is part indian so he and someone charming could talk to the tribes and someone scholarly could check out the archives. The only real interpesonal skills my character has is psychology and my crrdit ratings enough that I could bribe someone if necesary.
Edit: honeydog my message wasnt meant to contradict yours I think we were typing at the same time.
As far as Native Americans are concerned, they (Karankawa) no longer exist in the Houston/Galveston area. You'd have to travel to Lake Jackson or Angleton to find any reference to them from the 1860s.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm neither scholarly nor charming (my social skill is Intimidate), but I could also go speak to the Karankawa if we do decide to travel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by jp1885 »

Might Coach have a colleague who has some knowledge of Indian lore? If so, a couple of us could visit them. Coach is also not so good at book learnin' or charm.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Yes, there are people who could speak with, as a side note: please read carefully. Above I mentioned that the Karankawa are extinct! :D
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Umbral Dragon wrote:Yes, there are people who could speak with, as a side note: please read carefully. Above I mentioned that the Karankawa are extinct! :D
Thanks. I think the moment has passed now, as we're gathering at the asylum to read Adler's research, so happy to press on :)
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Zero »

Hmm, so that was my bad. I didn't actually log into the site since yesterday afternoon when I got an email regarding my subscription update. I missed about 7 or 8 posts. :x
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

I realize the place is gated would it still be possible for Zero and I to position ourselves to be let in a back entrance? Maybe we can roll in at the same time as our party and park somewhere?
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

You'll have to make POW rolls for me to determine the outcome. In other words, if you're feeling anxiety about it then you would rather be in a group than as a pair; and, if only one is feeling brave they might not want to go alone for safety reasons - no back-up.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Pow 35,[dice]0[/dice]
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

ooc,If it seems reasonable if Jimmy passes I'll draw some courage from him and spend the two luck. If I remember correctly I dont have to track that stuff but I havent dug thru all 3 games Im in to double check so feel free to let me know, I know I already spent 3 luck.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Whoops i meant to roll in the game thread sorry
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

It's a good idea to keep track of things like luck, sanity etc. You can always edit your post in the character creation thread :)
For your Pow roll, could try quoting your post, copying the code and the posting it in the IC thread (not sure if the result carries over though)
Last edited by jp1885 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Gotcha thx
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper