2 Genius Loci: Visiting Kirby State Hospital

Doors to Darkness yawn open to reveal three hair raising tales!

Genius Loci - Not all is well at the Kirby State Lunatic Asylum and it’s down to the investigators to heed a friend in need’s cry.
Ties That Bind - Strange rock formations have been found in Mrs. Carrington’s prized fountain. But these are like no rocks seen before!
None More Black - The death of a Rice University student leads the investigators into unsavoury neighbourhoods and dark business dealings.

Are you the Dreamer or are you the Dream? Shadows flitting at the corners of your vision, haunting laughter just outside your window and inhuman, eerie sounds in the middle of the night, all of this and more await the unwary once you open the Doors to Darkness!

Moderator: Umbral Dragon

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Re: 2 Genius Loci: Visiting Kirby State Hospital

Post by HoneyDog »

“I sure will!” replies Joseph, snapping away. He takes pictures of the orderlies too.

“I want to interview this man” he tells them, indicating Creswell.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by Umbral Dragon »

The orderlies look at each other and shrug. "I guess it's OK, just for a minute."
They open the cell and let you in. They lock it behind you once you're in.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

The orderly looks at Chin & Wheel as they seem to effortlessly sidestep him.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Jimmy dared not betray his ruse while still in the orderly's presence. He hadn't the slightest idea where to go next, but no one else needed to know that. He also figured it was in his and the Wheel's best interest if they got themselves lost as quickly as possible.

"Hurry up, we don't want to be late." he said and started down the nearest hallway with purpose.

As he moved out of earshot of the orderly, the mob boss glanced over at Bleeker out of the corner of his eye.

"Alright, just act casual but keep your eyes peeled." he muttered under his breath.
Spot Hidden (50%),[dice]0[/dice]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Post by jp1885 »

The hairs on the back of Coach's neck stand on end as the cell door lock clicks behind him. Trying to remain calm, he smiles at Croswell, but just in case the orderlies are listening he maintains the pretence that he doesn't know the man.

"Hello sir. My colleague and I are here to do a piece on the institute, while this other fella is carrying out an inspection. Do you mind if we ask you some questions?"
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Croswell is clearly agitated.
"Friends, though you don't know me well, you've come! I must tell you many things. Something is very wrong here. Patients are kept like prisoners and are very afraid of the staff, especially Dr. Berger.

"After I was ready to leave the hospital, Berger consigned me to J Ward, stating that I was a danger to myself and others! I am now a virtual prisoner, despite the fact I originally admitted myself to the hospital.

"Before my banishment to J Ward, I befriended a fellow patient called Andrew MacBride, who is interred in H Ward.
Croswell continues, “MacBride is as touched as the others, yet also he seems to know what is really going on.

"Dr. Berger also threatened that, “He is in for quite an experience when the sky prepares to welcome the new moon.” I know he was speaking if me! The thought of it somehow fills me with dread!"

"Please, please help me friends, I fear for my very life!"

With that the Orderlies open the door and let you out .
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"This patient checked himself in," says Carl, "which gives him the legal right to check himself out any time he likes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

The orderlies just shrug, and lead the way back to the front...
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by HoneyDog »

"Wait a moment!" says Joseph to the orderlies. "You need to take us to the patient called Andrew McBride".
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Coach is sad to see his old friend in such a state, but can say little without raising the orderlies' suspicions. He sighs, turning to Carl.

"Can't you just order them to let Croswell go?"

In his head, he tries to work out how long it is until the next new moon.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hey, get back here!" Carl calls to the orderlies. "Unlock that man's cell again right now!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Jimmy finds the "medicine locker" which amonts to a sign on a green wooden door, on the second floor of H wing.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Jimmy the Chin quickly glanced up and down the hallway. If the coast is clear, he'll yank the handkerchief from his lapel pocket and then try the storage room knob. Best to be cautious about leaving any prints behind, he surmised.

"Here's something. Keep an eye out, will ya?" he said to the other gangster.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

spot hidden for good measure,[dice]0[/dice]
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Mr. Handy wrote:"Hey, get back here!" Carl calls to the orderlies. "Unlock that man's cell again right now!"

Coach squares up alongside Carl, facing the orderlies with a stern expression.

"Boys, you heard the Ranger. Let the guy out unless you wanna find yourselves on the wrong side of the law."
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Chin tries the door, but it doesn't budge.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Carl and coach talk to the Orderlies, but they just appear as if they've been talking with unruly children.
"That's up to the Doctor. We're only following the protocols sir. If he says it's OK, then we'll come and get him for you..."
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Jimmy's brow contorted slightly with annoyance when he found his path blocked. The patients he'd seen here thus far sure seemed out of it and whatever medications they were being given were obviously quite potent. Jimmy reckoned the street value could be quite high and he and the Wheel stood to make a tidy profit if they could pull off this small heist. Beyond that, he planned to hand a sample over to the ranger as material evidence, should it be needed.

"Alright, Solomon. Do your thing." he said, gestured to the lock and then moved to swap places with the other gangster.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Coach sighs inwardly at the orderlies' intransigence but decides there's little to be gained by threatening them.

"Fine, if you have to go ask the boss, I'll stay here until you come back with the good news."

Maybe it's the creepy atmosphere of the place, or the strange hallucinations, but he trusts the staff as far as he can throw them, and he's always been a batter, not a pitcher.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Stepping up to the door I place the briefcase down on my right side standing up. I assess the lock and pull a small toolkit out of my jacket.
locksmith @51,keeper just relized I meant to update my possesuons but haven't since my original brainstorming. I picked locksmith ing so I definitley would've added a lock picking kit. Other wise I could use my wireframe sunglasses or anything else from my possesions thanks.Edit failed anyways but we should still probably figure out if you want to allow me to have it. Can't really think of anything else I wouldve added at this point. Edit edit push the roll? Figure I'll either risk getting caught, breaking whatever Im using or making a loud noise. My justification would be trying to force it a bit[dice]0[/dice]

Return to “Doors to Darkness”