Genius Loci: OOC

Doors to Darkness yawn open to reveal three hair raising tales!

Genius Loci - Not all is well at the Kirby State Lunatic Asylum and it’s down to the investigators to heed a friend in need’s cry.
Ties That Bind - Strange rock formations have been found in Mrs. Carrington’s prized fountain. But these are like no rocks seen before!
None More Black - The death of a Rice University student leads the investigators into unsavoury neighbourhoods and dark business dealings.

Are you the Dreamer or are you the Dream? Shadows flitting at the corners of your vision, haunting laughter just outside your window and inhuman, eerie sounds in the middle of the night, all of this and more await the unwary once you open the Doors to Darkness!

Moderator: Umbral Dragon

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Genius Loci: OOC

Post by jp1885 »

A POW roll :)
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Zero »

Oh, not sure how I missed that. I'll have to reread the last few posts. :(

Edit: Wow... it would help if I actually noticed that a new thread had been started. :shock: Sorry folks. I've put the OOC thread on subscribe along with the new IC thread.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by Umbral Dragon »

I could be wrong, but I thought you were at the Asylum. Once on the property everyone makes a POW roll.
My mistake?
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

I also thought we were all at the asylum.
Edit: Joseph and Coach are going on slightly ahead under the guise of doing an article on the place.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

I don't want to overdue Sanity rolls.
No Sanity loss, but those who failed San roll don't notice anything.

Those who passed get an intense feeling that something is not right.

You may find yourself acting slighty off. Like you notice that you've been tightening your hands into fists when the nails start to bite into the skin, or perhaps a cold sweat drops into your eye, driver holds the wheel tight enough to ache, grinding teeth, biting the tougue, etc.

You notice these things as your focus was drawn to the monolithic building that is the Kirby Asylum.

Please add to the Roleplay, your character's personal reactions
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Borderline »

Im waiting for you guys incase youre waiting for me just let me know
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Umbral Dragon wrote:I don't want to overdue Sanity rolls.
No Sanity loss, but those who failed San roll don't notice anything.

Those who passed get an intense feeling that something is not right.

You may find yourself acting slighty off. Like you notice that you've been tightening your hands into fists when the nails start to bite into the skin, or perhaps a cold sweat drops into your eye, driver holds the wheel tight enough to ache, grinding teeth, biting the tougue, etc.

You notice these things as your focus was drawn to the monolithic building that is the Kirby Asylum.

Please add to the Roleplay, your character's personal reactions
Ah, so we notice something wrong if we pass the test. Okay, I'll write something to that effect when I have a minute.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Yeah, I expected it to be the reverse. I had to rewrite my post to reflect that.
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Ok, no problem, I am also having difficulties on my side. I am not getting updates via email though I am subscribed to all the threads. I have also been busy today with some family matters. Tommorrow I will make some more posts and move this story right along, trying to keep the pacing. Thanks for your kind understanding. :ugeek:
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Sometimes I find notification emails in my spam or trash folder :cry:

No rush on the updates Umbral, the good thing about play-by-forum is that you can take your time :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've heard that notifications don't always work. I've never used them myself. I just check the board index to see when each forum was last updated every so often.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Notifications are tricky. Sometimes I get careless and delete an email notification without actually checking the site. That's what happened to me the other day. That one's all on me.

Btw, did we determine who is where at present? Did we all go in through the front door at the same time? Did we split up? I doubt we'd be able to roam the grounds without being seen, unless we make some serious Stealth rolls, and I'm not on my Quechua tracker this time... lol. I can't really do that now. :D
Umbral Dragon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Umbral Dragon »

Two of you were to sneak around the grounds...don't know how that would work, but ok, we're trying it, and the rest would go through the normal way - the front entrance...
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

I'm not good with trying to sneak in. I don't mind arriving in two separate groups to alleviate some suspicion. Besides, The Chin's here on business. He'll want to talk to the shady people on the premises, make some connections.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Borderline »

Im fine with going in I was just throwing out ideas
kierash
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Post by kierash »

Hey, not sure if this is the best spot to do this, but I think it is. I found an ad for this game and will be joining the game shortly. I would like to introduce myself. Hi I'm Kierash, I have never played Call of Cthulhu, but I have played other table top RPGs and I am a quick learner. I will make a character soonish, but if you guys had any suggestions for a good way to fit myself in without it being too jarring that would be great.
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Inmate (or employee) at the asylum we're presently visiting might be a good way in if you're planning on joining in the next week or two.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I was planning to arrive separately from the others to conduct my "inspection."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zero »

Then it sounds like we actually have 3 arrivals. The photographer and the coach, the two mobsters, and then the ranger. As I said, I don't intend to sneak onto the premises or into the building, but we're gonna pretend not to know the other two guys. Not too difficult I think since we only just met them anyway.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

kierash wrote:Hey, not sure if this is the best spot to do this, but I think it is. I found an ad for this game and will be joining the game shortly. I would like to introduce myself. Hi I'm Kierash, I have never played Call of Cthulhu, but I have played other table top RPGs and I am a quick learner. I will make a character soonish, but if you guys had any suggestions for a good way to fit myself in without it being too jarring that would be great.
Welcome! I second Zero's idea about an inmate or employee (nurse, doctor, psychiatrist, orderly, handyman etc.). Perhaps a new employee who notices something is amiss?

Return to “Doors to Darkness”