Page 1 of 1

Genius Loci: OOC

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 am
by Umbral Dragon
Kind of what it is. OOC for Genius Loci.

Re: Genius Loci: OOC

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 am
by Zero
Here's a toast to new beginnings. Looking forward to continuing our collaborative play, Umbral. :)

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:31 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Zero wrote:Here's a toast to new beginnings. Looking forward to continuing our collaborative play, Umbral. :)
Indeed! Cheers! :ugeek:

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy
It'll be at least a couple of days before I have time to create my character.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:44 am
by Umbral Dragon
Not an issue, can we all agree to having a character ready for next Wednesday?

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:27 am
by Zero
Yeah, I can definitely be ready to go in a week's time.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am
by jp1885
My character's ready to go whenever :)

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:03 pm
by HoneyDog
I should be able to do mine by the end of the week.

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
I should have time this weekend to create my character.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 am
by Umbral Dragon
Are we ready to go for Monday, I'm changing to Tuesdays and Thursdays, some Saturdays/Sundays due to some real life schedule changes. Let's do a check in and let me know if you're ready for tomorrow. :ugeek:

Note: you may refer to me as Umbral, or UD if you need brevity. thanks.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:49 am
by Borderline
I'm ready. Will fill in character details tonight. I don't know if you saw my sheet as is so far, hopefully my choices for possessions are acceptable

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 am
by jp1885
Yup, ready when you are! :D

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am
by Zero
Jimmy and his gun are ready to shred the Mythos into pieces. :D I check in daily, and see no reason why I can't keep that pace.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:56 pm
by Borderline
Lol Ive practically been checking hourly. I think in the forum index you can go to the bottom and click the text that says subscribe with a checkbox next to it and you should get emailed when anyone posts.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:32 pm
by Zero
Oh yeah, we just don't have an IC thread to subscribe to yet. When we do, that'll do the trick nicely.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 pm
by HoneyDog
I usually have time to post everyday, so I can begin anytime.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:12 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Ok, talking posts:
I will begin a post on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sometimes on the weekends. It is not necessary to post on the weekends. Sometimes we'll have a discussion that runs over.
Throughout the day, you can post when you are available. Or let us know if you're out that day so we don't go into combat or something similar without you. Easy peezy. Any questions, suggestions or rants, let me know. :?:

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:48 pm
by Borderline
Hey maybe a dumb question is there a preference for tense and first/third person naration in our posts? I went back amf read some other games and some people say "he walked to the door" and in the same game someone else will say "she walks to the door" my natural state is to try to be in character as much as possible so I would probably say "i walk to the door". But if it makes continuity and readability better I'll just go along with what everyone else does or whatever the dm prefers.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 am
by Umbral Dragon
I would use 1st person.
Ex: I walk into the room. I see that Jim is as nervous as I am. "Let's find that book and get out of here," say to him.

We could use other conventions, but I don't want to get too formal. As long as there is clarity, I'm good.

Great narration on that last post jp!

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 am
by Zero
I'm a third person past tense guy, personally. Hope that works alright, but if it clashes too much I can adapt it. Conversely, my OOC posts tend to be first person from my own perspective as a player.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:05 am
by HoneyDog
I'm the same as Zero, but I can change it if it's confusing.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:15 am
by Umbral Dragon
Zero, Honeydog, np.

borderline, excellent narration - very vivid.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
I should be able to get my character created and get started tonight. I also mentioned this in the Absence Thread in the Lounge, but I'll be away next week from Thursday through Sunday at a convention, so I doubt I'll be able to post during that time. I might be able to post next Thursday before I leave if your post is early enough.

I always use third person in play-by-post, and I use present tense when I'm playing (though past tense when I'm the Keeper). It's helpful to other players, as everyone will know which character I am if they see my character's name.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm
by Zero
I had surgery on Monday, and am feeling a bit lousy, otherwise I would have posted a proper introduction for Jimmy. I'll try to make it up though as we move into the actual rp.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:33 pm
by jp1885
Hope you're ok Zero. Take it easy :)

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:54 am
by Umbral Dragon
Take your time. Good job so far everyone, we'll pick it back up on Thursday, but we can skip to Monday, since Thursday is Valentine's Day.
Let me know.

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
by jp1885
I've been married long enough for Valentine's day to mean very little :P so I'm happy to post Thursday.

Quick question: what do we know about Larry and his background already? Do we know his profession for example?

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:25 pm
by HoneyDog
Like I said, I can post pretty much everyday.

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm
by Umbral Dragon
jp1885 wrote: Quick question: what do we know about Larry and his background already? Do we know his profession for example?
You know he is an archeologist who deals in occult artifacts.

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:45 am
by Zero
Alright, I'm in. Feeling a lot better today, btw. Thx guys.

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 pm
by HoneyDog
Take care Zero!

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Ok, if you have contacts you can see if they know something by making a Charm, Occult, or Persuade test.
If not then proceed to legwork.

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:59 pm
by jp1885
I've edited my last post and added a roll, rather than spam you with two in succession.

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:37 am
by Borderline
Zero you would be the one with more contacts if you want to look into the hospital. I feel like I could contact some veterans to try to find out more about what Larry mightve been up to. Glad youre doing better.

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:03 am
by HoneyDog
Umbral, I take it then that apart from his occupation, we really don't know anything about Lawrence? Not even his address? Does he have a business?

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 am
by Borderline
Wait I called Larry, like the Larry we're trying to save?

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:47 am
by Umbral Dragon
Borderline wrote:Wait I called Larry, like the Larry we're trying to save?
OK I was confused on that, my bad, can we retcon that?

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:16 am
by Borderline
Yeah no worries. I mean if I thought I could get ahold of Larry I probably would call him but I was just thinking I would call other vets who might know what he was up to.

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:10 pm
by Umbral Dragon
We should move on. Any info you have is good.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:48 am
by Umbral Dragon
You have some leads. How do you wish to proceed, which leads do you want to follow?

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:04 am
by HoneyDog
Joseph can use the newspaper archives to see if there is any background information on the asylum, and then head out there using his story as a cover. I assume the asylum has given him permission.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:09 am
by Borderline
Me assuming Joeseph got a yes was in regard to hearong him talking to his newspaper, not the asylum. I hadnt seen that message. I think if we split up we could cover all of our leads, we'll probably want to check out the archives and talk to local tribes primarily. If we can talk to those same witnesses who mentioned Walker and his hoodoo that might be less directly related but an option if we have the man power and time but I know my character sint wanting to wait too long to get started. Muldoon is part indian so he and someone charming could talk to the tribes and someone scholarly could check out the archives. The only real interpesonal skills my character has is psychology and my crrdit ratings enough that I could bribe someone if necesary.
Edit: honeydog my message wasnt meant to contradict yours I think we were typing at the same time.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:23 am
by HoneyDog
Yes, I thought the first yes was from the newspaper to do the story, but we don't know yet if the asylum will consent as there hasn't been a message. I assume they will, but if they don't, Joseph will just visit the archives.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:37 am
by Borderline
Ok we're on the same page. I think you could do both though. You jist might want to show up to the asylum seperately from us so you can preserve ypur access. You might even open a back door to let us in haha

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 am
by Umbral Dragon
HoneyDog wrote:Yes, I thought the first yes was from the newspaper to do the story, but we don't know yet if the asylum will consent as there hasn't been a message. I assume they will, but if they don't, Joseph will just visit the archives.
Joseph gets a non-committal answer, they didn't sound pleased, but they didn't say no.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:23 am
by Umbral Dragon
Borderline wrote:Me assuming Joeseph got a yes was in regard to hearong him talking to his newspaper, not the asylum. I hadnt seen that message. I think if we split up we could cover all of our leads, we'll probably want to check out the archives and talk to local tribes primarily. If we can talk to those same witnesses who mentioned Walker and his hoodoo that might be less directly related but an option if we have the man power and time but I know my character sint wanting to wait too long to get started. Muldoon is part indian so he and someone charming could talk to the tribes and someone scholarly could check out the archives. The only real interpesonal skills my character has is psychology and my crrdit ratings enough that I could bribe someone if necesary.
Edit: honeydog my message wasnt meant to contradict yours I think we were typing at the same time.
As far as Native Americans are concerned, they (Karankawa) no longer exist in the Houston/Galveston area. You'd have to travel to Lake Jackson or Angleton to find any reference to them from the 1860s.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm neither scholarly nor charming (my social skill is Intimidate), but I could also go speak to the Karankawa if we do decide to travel.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 am
by jp1885
Might Coach have a colleague who has some knowledge of Indian lore? If so, a couple of us could visit them. Coach is also not so good at book learnin' or charm.

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:27 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Yes, there are people who could speak with, as a side note: please read carefully. Above I mentioned that the Karankawa are extinct! :D

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 pm
by jp1885
Umbral Dragon wrote:Yes, there are people who could speak with, as a side note: please read carefully. Above I mentioned that the Karankawa are extinct! :D
Thanks. I think the moment has passed now, as we're gathering at the asylum to read Adler's research, so happy to press on :)

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:03 am
by Zero
Hmm, so that was my bad. I didn't actually log into the site since yesterday afternoon when I got an email regarding my subscription update. I missed about 7 or 8 posts. :x

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:43 am
by Borderline
I realize the place is gated would it still be possible for Zero and I to position ourselves to be let in a back entrance? Maybe we can roll in at the same time as our party and park somewhere?

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:54 am
by Umbral Dragon
You'll have to make POW rolls for me to determine the outcome. In other words, if you're feeling anxiety about it then you would rather be in a group than as a pair; and, if only one is feeling brave they might not want to go alone for safety reasons - no back-up.

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:04 am
by Borderline
Pow 35,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:19 am
by Borderline
ooc,If it seems reasonable if Jimmy passes I'll draw some courage from him and spend the two luck. If I remember correctly I dont have to track that stuff but I havent dug thru all 3 games Im in to double check so feel free to let me know, I know I already spent 3 luck.

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:34 am
by Borderline
Whoops i meant to roll in the game thread sorry

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:47 am
by jp1885
It's a good idea to keep track of things like luck, sanity etc. You can always edit your post in the character creation thread :)
For your Pow roll, could try quoting your post, copying the code and the posting it in the IC thread (not sure if the result carries over though)

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:14 am
by Borderline
Gotcha thx

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:45 am
by Umbral Dragon
Waiting for Zero

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:52 pm
by Zero
Hmm? You are? What do you need from me? :o

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:19 pm
by jp1885
A POW roll :)

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:24 pm
by Zero
Oh, not sure how I missed that. I'll have to reread the last few posts. :(

Edit: Wow... it would help if I actually noticed that a new thread had been started. :shock: Sorry folks. I've put the OOC thread on subscribe along with the new IC thread.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:27 pm
by Umbral Dragon
I could be wrong, but I thought you were at the Asylum. Once on the property everyone makes a POW roll.
My mistake?

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:36 pm
by jp1885
I also thought we were all at the asylum.
Edit: Joseph and Coach are going on slightly ahead under the guise of doing an article on the place.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:47 pm
by Umbral Dragon
I don't want to overdue Sanity rolls.
No Sanity loss, but those who failed San roll don't notice anything.

Those who passed get an intense feeling that something is not right.

You may find yourself acting slighty off. Like you notice that you've been tightening your hands into fists when the nails start to bite into the skin, or perhaps a cold sweat drops into your eye, driver holds the wheel tight enough to ache, grinding teeth, biting the tougue, etc.

You notice these things as your focus was drawn to the monolithic building that is the Kirby Asylum.

Please add to the Roleplay, your character's personal reactions

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:48 pm
by Borderline
Im waiting for you guys incase youre waiting for me just let me know

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:10 pm
by jp1885
Umbral Dragon wrote:I don't want to overdue Sanity rolls.
No Sanity loss, but those who failed San roll don't notice anything.

Those who passed get an intense feeling that something is not right.

You may find yourself acting slighty off. Like you notice that you've been tightening your hands into fists when the nails start to bite into the skin, or perhaps a cold sweat drops into your eye, driver holds the wheel tight enough to ache, grinding teeth, biting the tougue, etc.

You notice these things as your focus was drawn to the monolithic building that is the Kirby Asylum.

Please add to the Roleplay, your character's personal reactions
Ah, so we notice something wrong if we pass the test. Okay, I'll write something to that effect when I have a minute.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:37 pm
by Zero
Yeah, I expected it to be the reverse. I had to rewrite my post to reflect that.

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:23 am
by Umbral Dragon
Ok, no problem, I am also having difficulties on my side. I am not getting updates via email though I am subscribed to all the threads. I have also been busy today with some family matters. Tommorrow I will make some more posts and move this story right along, trying to keep the pacing. Thanks for your kind understanding. :ugeek:

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:46 am
by jp1885
Sometimes I find notification emails in my spam or trash folder :cry:

No rush on the updates Umbral, the good thing about play-by-forum is that you can take your time :)

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy
I've heard that notifications don't always work. I've never used them myself. I just check the board index to see when each forum was last updated every so often.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:53 am
by Zero
Notifications are tricky. Sometimes I get careless and delete an email notification without actually checking the site. That's what happened to me the other day. That one's all on me.

Btw, did we determine who is where at present? Did we all go in through the front door at the same time? Did we split up? I doubt we'd be able to roam the grounds without being seen, unless we make some serious Stealth rolls, and I'm not on my Quechua tracker this time... lol. I can't really do that now. :D

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 am
by Umbral Dragon
Two of you were to sneak around the grounds...don't know how that would work, but ok, we're trying it, and the rest would go through the normal way - the front entrance...

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:26 am
by Zero
I'm not good with trying to sneak in. I don't mind arriving in two separate groups to alleviate some suspicion. Besides, The Chin's here on business. He'll want to talk to the shady people on the premises, make some connections.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:57 pm
by Borderline
Im fine with going in I was just throwing out ideas

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 am
by kierash
Hey, not sure if this is the best spot to do this, but I think it is. I found an ad for this game and will be joining the game shortly. I would like to introduce myself. Hi I'm Kierash, I have never played Call of Cthulhu, but I have played other table top RPGs and I am a quick learner. I will make a character soonish, but if you guys had any suggestions for a good way to fit myself in without it being too jarring that would be great.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:54 am
by Zero
Inmate (or employee) at the asylum we're presently visiting might be a good way in if you're planning on joining in the next week or two.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
I was planning to arrive separately from the others to conduct my "inspection."

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:09 am
by Zero
Then it sounds like we actually have 3 arrivals. The photographer and the coach, the two mobsters, and then the ranger. As I said, I don't intend to sneak onto the premises or into the building, but we're gonna pretend not to know the other two guys. Not too difficult I think since we only just met them anyway.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:01 pm
by jp1885
kierash wrote:Hey, not sure if this is the best spot to do this, but I think it is. I found an ad for this game and will be joining the game shortly. I would like to introduce myself. Hi I'm Kierash, I have never played Call of Cthulhu, but I have played other table top RPGs and I am a quick learner. I will make a character soonish, but if you guys had any suggestions for a good way to fit myself in without it being too jarring that would be great.
Welcome! I second Zero's idea about an inmate or employee (nurse, doctor, psychiatrist, orderly, handyman etc.). Perhaps a new employee who notices something is amiss?

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:57 pm
by Umbral Dragon
If you want more selection as to what you should be playing, you can be a recovering patient, thus any background in the 1920's would be suitable.

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 pm
by Umbral Dragon
If you look up "Blue Spirit Blues" you'll find it's nearly 1930's when the song was first published, but I felt it appropriate for the situation, so a little artistic lisence is in order if you don't mind. :ugeek:

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:41 am
by kierash
I was actually planning on playing some sort of academic type character so being an employee would be great (unless there is some reason that it wouldn't work).

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:48 am
by Umbral Dragon
That sounds great!

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Umbral Dragon wrote:If you look up "Blue Spirit Blues" you'll find it's nearly 1930's when the song was first published, but I felt it appropriate for the situation, so a little artistic lisence is in order if you don't mind. :ugeek:
Maybe the singer got committed because he kept going around telling people he was from the future. ;)

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 pm
by Zero
I'm not looking for a way to sneak in or necessarily trying to avoid being seen. If there's a side service entrance of some kind that some employees may be hanging out at, perhaps hanging out on a break, that would be perfect.

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 am
by Zero
Brand new Pixel 3 is not posting every Yahoo mail notification on the lock screen. It's irritating me. :x

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 am
by Borderline
Umbral, just before Jimmy and I head in would we still be near the truck?
Edit I just ask because I misunderstood that we would wait outside as backup and put the shotgun in a crate. If there was time as soon as I relized we were just walking in I wouldve liked to put the shotfun and grenades in the suitcase and walk in with that. Sorry about that no big deal if it just gets left behind I do have weapons on my person.

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:08 am
by Umbral Dragon
You can have all of that in the truck, covered I assume.

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:22 am
by Borderline
Yes it would be covered in the truck but I was hoping to stick the shotgun and grenades in the briefcase and bring it in.

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:13 pm
by Zero
The Wheel's carrying grenades..? :o I thought he was secretly an assassin type, not a commando. :lol:

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:31 pm
by Zero
Umbral, Jimmy and Solomon have shaken loose the annoying orderly in the main entrance, yes? I want to wander around and find their medical supply storeroom and potentially the orderly in charge of keeping its inventory straight.

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:11 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Got it, posting later tonight.

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 am
by Borderline
Hes a veteran soldier assasin so if he can get the toys, he does ;)

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:59 am
by Zero
Oh wow, a 100... :shock:

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:03 am
by Borderline
I know XD I dont even know how to work that into the narative. Maybe I got something in my only eye.

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:18 am
by Zero
Maybe you were looking to the left or right and then walked right into something that was hanging in the way. Not sure what that would be, but let's say it poked you in the eye.

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:30 am
by Umbral Dragon
sorry guys, I have some deadlines that are overwhelming me at them moment, be back on Tuesday 19, March.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:50 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Back online. Yay!

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:08 pm
by Zero
Umbral Dragon wrote:Back online. Yay!
Great. :D

I'm gonna presume Jimmy knows that Solomon can pick locks having worked together before.

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:33 am
by Zero
@Borderline A pushed roll only goes awry when you fail. In this case, it would probably result in someone coming along and discovering what we're up to. As long as it isn't the same orderly from the front desk, we can potentially bluff him too. That might be good for us anyway, because they'd have a key. How's your Fighting (Brawl)? ;)

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:59 am
by Borderline
I can hold my own (50) Im willing to push if keeper allows it but I was hoping youd chime in too so Im glad were on the same page

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:15 am
by Zero
Yeah, let's wait until Umbral chimes in again. I've got a 40 in brawl, so we should be fine if it comes to that. Let's also agree that unless they pull weapons on us, we don't pull our guns. :D

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:03 am
by Zero
@Umbral How close to expiration as these medications? Is there any sign that the contents are at least accessed on occasion?

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:22 am
by Umbral Dragon
The medicine looks like it's passed out regularly as there is a few open and empty boxes on the ground. The dates are still good for about 3 more months.
Morphine and Cocaine and Aspirin.

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:32 am
by Zero
Okay, so much for that theory. Thought they were using some other perhaps experimental drug to keep the patients docile. Anyway... there's not much need for the Asprin... heh. Maybe bottle or two... but we're definitely packing up the Morphine and Cocaine.

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:10 am
by Zero
My own research indicated that cocaine and morphine became controlled/regulated substances in the US in 1914 by way of the Harrison Narcotics Act. They could use it, they just needed permits to do so. This is the fallout from the Opium War.

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, I hadn't known that. It's worth checking to see if the sanitarium has the required permits, though it probably does.

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:06 pm
by Umbral Dragon
OK, so, is everyone ready to move from the lunch table yet or is there a plan to be worked out?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:36 pm
by Zero
Um, not quite. I have at least one more post to make for the Chin. I'm just making sure everyone's had a chance to weigh in.

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 pm
by jp1885
Coach's plan is to tag along with whoever needs some extra backup, so happy to proceed whenever everyone else is.

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:35 pm
by Zero
Jimmy's gonna give a call to a couple of his boys. He wants to keep the place under watch, particularly the orderlies who were mouthy with him previously. He'll give a description and if they leave, he wants them followed. Otherwise, from a discrete distance, these men are to stake the place out for patterns and anything else that may be useful.

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:32 am
by Umbral Dragon
Beginning another Thread. Those doing research will have to make a number of History, Law, Occult, and Library Use skill rolls.
You can do that here or in the Thread. Things to research:

• Kirby State Lunatic Asylum
      Dr. Berger

This will lead you to other research as well.

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:01 am
by Umbral Dragon
Investigator Development Phase

Since we are in a new session, examine the investigator sheet to see which skills have been checked as successes. For each skill check the player rolls 1D100.

Succeeding at something you are not good at is difficult; however, successfully using the skill probably means that the investigator learns from the experience. Conversely, being expert at something guarantees success most of the time, yet that high skill means the investigator is unlikely to learn further. It gets progressively harder to add percentiles to a skill.

If the player rolls higher than the current skill number, or the result is over 95, then the investigator improves in that skill: roll 1D10 and immediately add the result to the current skill points. Skills may rise above 100% by this method.

If the player rolls equal to or less than the investigator’s skill level, then the investigator hasn’t learned from the ex-
perience and the skill amount does not change.

Repeat the procedure for all the skills that been checked, then erase all skill checks on the investigator sheet. Skills can
be checked again during the next game session as they are used successfully.

Note: The Cthulhu Mythos and Credit Rating skills never receive a skill check, and no box for such a check exists on the investigator sheet. Not improving a skill has no other consequence.

Also to recover Luck Points, you may make an improvement check for their Luck. This is rolled in the same way as for skill improvement. The player rolls 1D100 and if the roll is above their present Luck score they add 1D10 points to their Luck score. If the roll is equal to or less than the investigator’s present Luck score, no points are recovered.

Take time to update your character sheet. :ugeek:

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy
My character sheet isn't showing any checked skills, but I know I succeeded at at least one of them.

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am
by jp1885
Improvement Psychology 10%,[dice]0[/dice]
Psychology add,[dice]3[/dice]
Improvement Spot Hidden 60%,[dice]1[/dice]
Spot Hidden add,[dice]4[/dice]
Improvement Luck 60%,[dice]2[/dice]
Luck add,[dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:14 pm
by Umbral Dragon
awesome jp1885. advancements are always good no matter how small!

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:15 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Mr. Handy wrote:My character sheet isn't showing any checked skills, but I know I succeeded at at least one of them.

You might have to go through the threads to see which ones.

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:04 am
by Mr. Handy
I don't have enough time to do that tonight. I'll try to do it tomorrow night.

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 am
by Zero
I'll be mostly unable to post IC until Monday, just FYI. I'll do my improvement roll for Fast Talk and Spot Hidden as those are the only skill rolls I actually passed during that first act. I'll probably have Jimmy do some research and data collections on the doctor as well as any important staff. He wants to know where they live and identify any family that they may have. Also, if you want me to do some stats for his two lackeys that he sent to do his surveillance, I will when I have some actual free time. I think they'd at least be making a few Spot Hidden rolls while on their stake out. :)
Fast Talk improvement check (55%),[dice]0[/dice]
Fast Talk increase (1d10),[dice]1[/dice]
Spot Hidden improvement check (50%),[dice]2[/dice]
Spot Hidden increase (1d10),[dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm
by HoneyDog
Joseph
Persuade,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/722031]Persuade[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]1[/b]
Library Use,25 [url=http://orokos.com/roll/722033]Library Use[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]87[/b] [url=http://orokos.com/roll/722035]Library Use improvement[/url]: [u]1d10[/u] [b]6[/b] 31

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Charm (15% base skill) XP check:
[dice]0[/dice]
Charm increase:
[dice]5[/dice]
Intimidate (55% skill) XP check:
[dice]1[/dice]
Psychology (45% skill) XP check:
[dice]2[/dice]
First Aid (60% skill) XP check:
[dice]3[/dice]
First Aid increase:
[dice]6[/dice]
Luck (61% stat) XP check:
[dice]4[/dice]
Luck increase:
[dice]7[/dice]

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 pm
by Zero
Forgot to make a Luck improvement roll the other day, so here goes.
Luck (45),[dice]0[/dice]
Luck improvement (1d10),[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   Damn these dice. That's two 1's now. :roll:  

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:06 pm
by Zero
Accidentally made my IC post here. I've moved the RP portion to the correct thread, but left the die rolls and OOC chat.
Fast Talk (56%),[dice]0[/dice]
Fast Talk (56%) (pushed roll),[dice]1[/dice]
OOC:   That's a hard success on the pushed roll. :D  
OOC:   Jimmy wants to see property deeds in the doctor's name, a marriage certificate (if on file), fines he may have paid, and any other important documents.  

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:53 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Sorry for the delay, will post tomorrow, work stuff is in high gear atm.

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:32 pm
by Umbral Dragon
I thought I would be posting sooner, apologies. My laptop has failed. As of now I am reduced to my cell phone. This message is being sent from a Public Library Computer - ugh!!! I don't know when I will be able to resume this game. I apologize profusely for the inconvenience at having to suspend this game indefinitely...I'll be around, but I won't be able to do all the things I need to do to run games or play games for that matter, online until I get a new computer. :ugeek: :oops: :(

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:36 pm
by Zero
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:40 pm
by jp1885
Sorry to hear that :(
The good news is that we're sure to be around when you get back up and running. Then we can pick up where we left off! :)

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:00 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm sorry to hear that too, but I'll be ready to continue when you are.

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:31 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Ok, crisis down to a dull roar. I will be starting back up where we left off. I will start posting either today or tomorrow, need a head count. Who wants to continue and who wants out...let me know.

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm
by jp1885
I'm on vacation from Friday until June 2nd, but happy to crack on before & after then.

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 pm
by Zero
I'm still here el guapo!

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm still here too.

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:42 pm
by HoneyDog
Sure, let's resume with the nice new computer! But I fear Borderline is no more. He disappeared from our Delta Green game.

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:29 pm
by Umbral Dragon
HoneyDog wrote:Sure, let's resume with the nice new computer! But I fear Borderline is no more. He disappeared from our Delta Green game.
Well, I assume that someone has tried to reach out to him to make sure he's not been abducted by the Deep Ones...?

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:45 pm
by Zero
Does the entire staff live on the premises? Also, death by falling down the stairs... how coincidental.

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:26 pm
by jp1885
Hmm... I wonder...
(pick a meeting place - a restuarant, the hotel warwick, etc. - where you all come together on this information)
Meet up at the hotel?

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Sure, that sounds good to me.

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:29 am
by Zero
Important question, does the hotel have a casino?

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:30 am
by Umbral Dragon
As a matter of fact, it did have a small casino. Roulet, card tables and a few slots...

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:34 pm
by Zero
Perfect. That's where the rest of you will find Jimmy.

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:34 pm
by jp1885
Rejoice, for I have returned.
I was able to write sporadically whilst away, but will be back to full posting capacity by tomorrow evening.

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:10 am
by Zero
@Umbral I sent you a PM with a few questions in case you didn't see it.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:56 pm
by Umbral Dragon
At this point, I think a tidy summary would be good as a reference and for clarity. I don't want to assume what your character knows. I'd like to see a list or some short bullets about
1. What you know,
2. What you'd like to know, and
3. What are your options according to your characters.
Try to avoid Metagaming if possible...

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 pm
by Zero
Something I wanted to point out was that the previous administrator of the hospital died after falling down the stairs. Not sure if anyone else noticed that.

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
We know that Andrew McBride was involved in the construction of the asylum and is now incarcerated there.

What I'd like to do next is see about getting a court order to shut the place down due to safety violations and multiple maimings, with myself and the others as witnesses, seeing that our film never developed. The patients would all need to be transferred to other institutions. I'd also like to get the court to order Larry released, as he committed himself and should legally be able to leave whenever he wishes.

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:30 am
by jp1885
Coach is in a pretty foul mood after being jerked around by both the asylum staff and the Irish gangsters. He's not confident that Croswell can be freed by legal means but wants to do some more digging before acting rashly.

Currently he's focusing on McBride and this stone that was broken during the building work at the asylum. He can't speak to McBride yet, so Coach wants to ask around the local building contractors to find people who worked with the guy on that project.

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:22 pm
by Zero
@jp1885 Who better than a mobster to go around and interrogate the local workers and teamsters? This is an angle I'm sure he'd be into.

Jimmy isn't too concerned about legality, and if there's a good reason to bust people out of there he'll be on board with it. That includes bringing dynamite to bring the walls down. Rebuilding can turn a profit for the guy supplying the materials and workers after all.

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm
by jp1885
Zero wrote:@jp1885 Who better than a mobster to go around and interrogate the local workers and teamsters? This is an angle I'm sure he'd be into.
I'm sure Coach would appreciate the company! :D

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:32 pm
by HoneyDog
Perhaps Joseph can look into the previous administrator, as he died so strangely...

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:56 am
by Zero
I agree. Considering a couple of you nearly met the same fate as he did when you were there. Looks like we'll be splitting up again, heh.

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:34 pm
by Umbral Dragon
So, perhaps pairing up?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:39 pm
by jp1885
Sure. Coach can try the builders with Jimmy; Joseph and Carl can do their stuff. Solomon seems to have wandered off.

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'll need to bring in the others as witnesses at some point, as they were at the asylum with me and saw everything too.

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:02 pm
by Zero
I see a new IC thread up. Are we all going to use that one, or do you plan on splitting us into two threads Umbral?

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:49 pm
by Zero
Sorry about that, all. I didn't get any notifications since last week. I finally got suspicious and decided to check in today.

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:04 pm
by Umbral Dragon
Happy Birthday H.P. Lovecraft!

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:02 am
by Zero
I haven't been able to post this week. I'm currently travelling on a train right now and exhausted. I'll try to get something up tomorrow, but I hope the group doesn't go any further ahead until the Chin has had a chance to chime in.

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 am
by HoneyDog
"You've been quiet, Jimmy" observes Joseph. "What's your take?"

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:55 am
by jp1885
I’m happy to wait until you’re ready Zero :)

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:25 am
by Zero
I'll make an adjustment to Jimmy's assets, accounting for the Rolls. ;)

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:32 pm
by jp1885
Apologies if I’m a little slower in posting at the moment. I’ve just got a new job and the learning curve is extremely steep! I’ll do my best to keep up and hope my middle-aged brain cells hold out :D