IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Phyllis watches Benjamin with some alarm, "Oh, I thought we were staying here in Queensway, just sheltering. Although, it might be nice to head home to Bethnal Green. Except that there's a bit of a walk at the other end. Oh dear, another night out." She says mournfully.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,While Bethnal Green Station has been constructed and is used as an air raid shelter (in fact, many people died during a panicked stampede there in 1943), the railway line has not been completed as of yet. It was suspended due to the war, and it will only be completed after the war is over. The eastern terminus is currently Liverpool Street Station, so it's somewhat of a long walk, especially if there's an air raid going on at the time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles looked around at the platform. "I suggest we move along the platform, as close to the back of the trains as possible, it's usually less crowded there, although in this situation I don't rightly know if it'll be the same..".
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis uses her formidable handbag and the odd elbow to good effect. A final pointed look removed a couple of younger men from four seats and she sits down allowing Maggie and Doris to take a pew also. "Would you like a seat, Mr?" She says to Story, who did seem to be the oldest there.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth grins at Phyllis's question. "Maybe that's a good idea Story? I'll stay standing nearby, whatever." She looks around, trying to absorb as much detail as possible. She knew about the underground bomb shelters during her childhood, but obviously never experienced them herself. Looking back at the group she pauses, before saying "I think we should stay here for now. We should be safe. Perhaps we could take this opportunity to compare notes about what is going on and what we've found out? And then work out what to do next?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Phyllis and nods in agreement with Elizabeth, "You know, I think I might." As he sits down he says, "Being cramped up under that shelter's cot was a most unpleasant way to spend the evening."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Those of you who have not previously failed a Sanity roll the previous night for enduring the Blitz must make another Sanity roll for tonight, with a Sanity loss of 0/1. I believe the people who need to roll are [b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Phyllis[/b], and [b]Anna[/b]. Please feel free to continue discussing and planning among yourselves.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

OOC,Sanity: 76% [dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,Sanity 60% (I think) at mo, [dice]0[/dice]
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

"Well, Anna, Charles and I didn't find much in the house, we searched for a good while to no avail"

He said as he sat down near the others, starting to plan out their next movements, with a grin on his face.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

"Indeed we did not" added Charles "We just found a letter to Captain Steadman from a Captain Dominic Travers, about a small "coffin-like object", which contained a stone, or gem of some sort, and a ledger entry indicating that Captain Steadman had purchased this from Captain Travers for £1000, back on Halloween 1938" repeating his earlier summation of what was discovered during the burglary. "Sadly the air raid warden came before we had a chance to explore the top floor of the house, so who knows what we would have found otherwise..."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis looks from one man to the other thinking that 'not much' was actually quite a lot and that the 'burglars' are really not trustworthy.

"That really doesn't have any connection to a deranged old woman or a savage beast roaming the streets of London though, does it?" And that less time spent burglering and more time checking the premises might have been more productive.

"Doris says that Catherine Exeter has been staying with the Steadmans when she ought to be constrained at the asylum. The least we can do is help the authorities get her back into custody."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"So Mrs Exeter has been in the house after all?" says Elizabeth to Phyllis. "Sorry Story," she says, looking to her friend. "Your vigil out in the cold was in vain. But at least we know where she was," she says, turning back to the others. "Now who can we tell ..."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Well, Maggie and I were heading to the asylum in a round about sort of way to notify them. And that young nurse, Anna, is something to do with the hospital I thought." Phyllis looks round for her. "I don't suppose we can do much about Mrs Exeter down here anyway, but at least we should be safe."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles and shrugs, "No worries. It provided ample time to consider the future.". To Phyllis he says, "We should be most cautious when dealing with Mrs Exeter. If she's behind the thing that has being going bump in the night - which I believe she is - we want to limit innocent lives being harmed or worse."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm a doctor, actually, not a nurse," said Anna, who was nearby. "I'll need to go to the sanitarium in the morning anyway, so I can let them know then."
OOC,HelplessBystander hasn't posted in this game in quite some time and is rather busy right now, so I'll temporarily run [b]Anna[/b] as an NPC. I still need that Sanity roll from [b]Phyllis[/b]. [b]Anna[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 80) for enduring the second night of the Blitz: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"In any case, we can eat our supper." Phyllis opens up the food and passes it round her immediate neighbours. "I can't see how a woman past her prime can have anything to do with any savage beast, Mr Story. You look like you've seen a thing or two in your time but surely that's past belief."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at her and says, "Oh I have seen things, too many terrible things if I'm honest. I don't discount anything anymore, great evil lurks within every person..." He looks away and continues, "It just needs to be tapped into, and when it is, terrible things happen, terrible decisions are made, and horrible deals are struck."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis looks askance at Story; the stalwart member of the Women's Institute is surprised that evil lurks even in her own heart, she has a good search.
Sanity check,Roll: 1% (wish I could save that one for later! Sorry Mr H for tardiness)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's okay, I'm not in any rush. I didn't have time to update this week anyway. Feel free to keep roleplaying. I'll try to wrap up the other thread and bring everyone together as soon as I can.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”