IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Hang on, I'll just check if Story is still in the other shelter. Wait a moment," says Elizabeth. She dashes over to the shelter Story was hiding in, and checks for him.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Seeing Elizabeth enter the shelter, Story peeks his head out from under the cot and says with a smile, "Here I was think I was going to get a good night's rest." Taking note of her quick entrance he pulls himself out, stands up and dusts himself off while asking, "Is something happening?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, we've decided to head to the Underground for shelter from any bombs," says Elizabeth, smiling as she sees her friend dust himself down. "It's safer than here, we should all get in there, and we could go to the church afterwards. We can also discuss with the others more what they found in the house. Coming?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

As Story looks at Elizabeth his mind races through all their adventures, resting briefly on their friend Lucius. After a moment he clears his throat as if his thoughts were on his face, and he says, "Of course, of course. Lead the way my dear."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Right, come on then," says Elizabeth, smiling with some relief. She makes her way back to join the others.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Exiting the shelter, and closing the door, Story follows Elizabeth as they head back to the group.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

There being general agreement, everyone headed for Queensway Station, arriving in short order. They were not the first ones to get there. A large crowd of people had entered the station ahead of them and were gathered at the ticket collection point, where a lone CLR employee stood in their way.

"I told you," he said, "I can't let you down to the platforms unless you pay your fare. It's more than my job's worth!"

"Where's your humanity?" asked an tall, imperious woman. "The Nazis are raining death on our heads for the second straight night, and you'd leave us out there?"

"If it were up to me, I'd let you through. But it's not. There are rules-"

"Blast your bloody rules!" bellowed a somewhat overweight man of middle age. Evidently rationing hadn't caused him to starve. "Let us past!"

"Look, the bombs aren't even falling yet. Maybe it's a false alarm-"

"Pull the other one, it's got bells on!"

"You can't just leave us to die!" protested the woman.

"I'm not...look, can't you just pay the fare? None of you looks poor."

"Nor do you, mate," said the man. "Why don't you pay our fares for us, if your bloody rules require it?"

"But...there must be scores of you! I couldn't afford..."

"There are scores of us. I'd like to see you try to keep us out."

The railway employee gulped and stepped out of the way. "Um...all right, all right. Go on through. But if you're going to ride the train, please pay your fares."

The crowd surged past him and down to the platforms. Others had the same idea that Doris had and were carrying their supper with them. Some had even brought pillows and blankets, expecting to be here until morning.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Well! People can be so rude!" Phyllis goes to the ticket man and asks for three tickets. She's gives one each to Maggie and Doris. "I ain't rich but I am respectable." She nods to the employee and looking round at all the others she goes towards the steps down.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus gets closer to the ticket guy and pats him in the back.

"Freaking crowd man, everyone gets so ugly when in a dire situation, showing their true colors. Nothing you could've done." he said as he extended his hand with money to pay.

"That's why you gotta pick 'em up one by one." He said as he smiled softly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, ma'am," said the railway employee to Phyllis, tipping his hat to her as he accepted the fares. "Sir," he added to Seamus, but he looked flummoxed when Seamus spoke his last line.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles briefly fumbles with his wallet and the food he's carrying before handing over the 1D for a ticket "Just a single please" he asked, looking around to see if any more of the group were still left behind him (and offering to pay if so).
History!,There was technically a government enforced ban on using the Underground as an air raid shelter until the 8th of October 1940,when they did a u-turn on it, and events like this - with the tube workers unable to prevent hordes of people forcing their way down in a panic - helped that decision. Bonus points to the Keeper for historical accuracy!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, sir," said the man, accepting the fare and handing Charles a ticket.
OOC,Thank you! I knew about it from reading [url=https://twitter.com/realtimewwii]Real Time World War II[/url]. I'm not actually on Twitter, so I "follow" it manually by checking for new tweets every day. This is the second time around, and they're up to November 22, 1940 now. I've been reading it since April 1940/2012. While it will remain prohibited for another month, it doesn't take that long for the authorities to look the other way when people shelter in the Tube.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus smiles at the reaction of the guard and passes through, just before watching Charles looking back.

He then decides to go next to him and as usual, hangs his arm around his neck. "Are you thinking of going back there? Come on, I'm not that bad, don't leave" he said with a smirk on his face.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Do you have any money that would work here?" says Elizabeth to Story quietly. "I don't think I do."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth did have some coins that were dated no later than 1940 on her; she had checked for older coins when they had been here in 1930. She could easily pay for her own fare and Story's, and Charles was willing to pay for others anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Though, now I think about it," says Elizabeth, rummaging further to see exactly what she has. "Ah yes, I do have coins. Ok let's pay!" She goes up to the railway employee. "Two singles please," and hands over the money, smiling.
OOC,Thanks Mr Handy! Oops I'd forgotten all that ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Miss," said the ticket seller with a tip of his cap, handing Elizabeth her tickets.

Everyone paid for tickets (or Charles paid for anyone who couldn't) before proceeding down to the eastbound platform, where people were already settling in for the night. A train pulled in, and the doors of the cars opened. "Queensway Station!" called the conductress from within the nearest car. "Mind the gap!"
OOC,Well, it was a long time ago. That was the summer of 2010 when we started. You passed a Luck roll then to have coins no later than 1930 there, so you shouldn't have to roll again to still have them (plus coins from 1931-1940, which you wouldn't have spent then anyway).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Elizabeth and then nods at the ticket seller.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

"Right, let's do this!" Benjamin steps into the car, but it's apparent that he does not feel comfortable being closed in so far underground...
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus smirks at the train arriving and looks back to Charles and the others.

"So, what's the plan, folks?"

Return to “Episode 2”