IC-Ep 2-House of Secrets(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-House of Secrets(Everyone)

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus looks at Story as he makes his suggestion and smirks.

"Sounds like you're volunteering yourself, pal! I'm off to watching from outside, I think they're hiding something. If the neighbor's house is the only place where we can keep watch, I'll go with it, but I'd prefer to be far from them too. Seems weird no one has noticed the lady coming here at all. He said as he walked and waited by the shelter's door, waiting for everyone to start moving.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is there anyone who doesn't want to stake out the house or the shelter? If so, please let me know where you want to go instead. If you're staying, and you haven't already done so, please indicate whether you're going to be behind the house, in front of it, or in [b]Doris[/b]'s house next door. If you're going to be hiding somewhere specific (such as inside a shelter), please let me know that as well. You may also each make a Hide roll to see how well hidden you are if you'd rather not be seen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

Spoiler:
Benjamin will be staying in Doris's house, bravely in the rear lines...
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis gets up to go, "Oh I almost forgot, I wanted to show you these; I'm having problems with the corners and wondered if you had any ideas with the stitches I should use, Doris." Phyllis opens her huge handbag and pulls out the half finished, pink woollen drawers she had been knitting last night, showing the difficult bit to Doris. "You are obviously a keen knitter from those sweaters you gave us for charity."
ooc,Phyllis would like to stay in the house but she's not the sort to around inviting herself; not obviously at least.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"Very well, for what it's worth I shall wait it out here." Story begins looking around to see where and how he could hide in the shelter.
FAILURE,Hide - 10% [dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, of course," Doris said to Phyllis, sitting down beside her. "Yes, I see what the problem is. Here, let me show you."

Maggie took up a position by the window, peeking out through the blackout curtain.

Story soon realized that the best place to hide was under a bench. There were no blankets or anything in there he could use to cover himself, but it was possible nobody would notice him in the dark if anyone entered the shelter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Take care, Story," says Elizabeth, looking into the shelter as he searches. "I'm going to stay behind the house, assuming I can find a good spot to not be too obvious. If that fails I'll go next door to the neighbours." She stands up, and looks around for a suitable spot.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (stat 10%), [dice]0[/dice]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,P.S. That was a Hide role not Spot Hidden as sleepily typed. Wish it was the latter ;) My Spot Hidden skill is vastly better! Though not that high ...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth was able to duck behind the neighbor's Anderson shelter. Chances were nobody would notice her there when going to the Steadmans' shelter, as the shelters were taller than she was. Still, someone might see her from one of the windows or coming from the other direction. Once it got dark, which wouldn't be too much longer, that would be less likely.

"Someone's coming up the walk," said Maggie. "Oh, look, it's my friend Benjamin Klein. He's a tailor, you know."

"Oh, how perfect," said Doris. "We were just discussing sewing. It would be good to have an expert contribute. Please, show him in."

Maggie opened the door for Benjamin.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus starts walking and then reconsiders, turns around and starts looking for somewhere to hide.

"As I said, I don't trust anybody in this vicinity, the neighbors and her family surely know something, I'm going to keep watch close to here where I can make my escape if it all goes south."
Hide 10%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,just in case I'll do a Sneak roll which I'm actually good at, if it's accepted by any chance
Sneak 75%,[dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Sneak doesn't really apply here, as that's to avoid being heard. Hide is to avoid being seen, which is what you need now, especially as you're going to be staying in one place. You still might not be seen, depending on if anyone happens by or succeeds at a Spot Hidden roll. Are you in front of the house, or behind it?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

OOC,I was planning on being close to the shelter, maybe around some bushes, but definitely not inn any of the houses or inside the shelter.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh my," says Phyllis not sure what to think as her intimate apparel is about to be discussed in detail. She pats her hair instead and wonders if the tailor has anything to do with the "goings on" next door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The tailor is one of your fellow investigators. I just need to know what [b]Brook[/b], [b]Anna[/b], and [b]Charles[/b] are doing. If I don't hear anything by the weekend, I'll assume they stay in front of the house.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Pastiche »

aine wrote:"Oh my," says Phyllis not sure what to think as her intimate apparel is about to be discussed in detail. She pats her hair instead and wonders if the tailor has anything to do with the "goings on" next door.
Benjamin the tailor gives Phyllis a knowing wink when Doris isn't looking.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles heads around the front of the house, hoping to find somewhere relatively comfortable to sit and keep watch.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oo, you'll never guess what, Mr Klein, we've tracked the escaped lady from the asylum, Catherine Exeter, back to the house nextdoor. It belongs to Major Steadman, the one legged airman who was dating Nell Murrows who was murdered horribly last night." Phyllis pauses for breath,

"She's his mother in law and I bet his wife doesn't know about the goings-on with Nell Murrows. And some of the people who were at the church last night reckon there's something connecting Mrs Exeter and the girl's murder. She was ravaged as if by a beast you know, Doris. Or so they say.
So now we are watching the house but I don't really know how long for and I think some people are round the back so we have all the exits covered I suppose."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doris listens to this with eyes wide and jaw hanging open.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Anna walked into Doris' house, intending to follow what appears to be the popular majority here.
OOC:   Sorry for the slow response. I went skiing for a week and had no access to wifi in the alpine mountain ranges.  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doris welcomed Anna back. She offered her guests a light supper, which she ate with them. TIme passed as everyone kept watch on the front and rear of the house. It was nearly an hour later, with the sun now very low in the sky, when something finally happened.

"The Steadmans are coming out the front door," said Maggie to those in Doris's house, peeking out the window around the blackout curtain. "They're turning south on the street, heading toward Queensway."

Out front, Charles and Brook watched the house and saw the couple emerge, arm in arm. Major James Steadman was wearing his RAF uniform, walking with a limp. Madeline wore a black dress that was last year's fashion, clothing costing too many ration points to buy too many outfits (unless one acquired it on the black market). As they reached the sidewalk and turned to walk to the south, Madeline took no notice of them. James, with eagle eyes befitting an ace pilot, did spot Charles, but he ignored him and kept walking. He apparently had never seen him before and thought he was merely out for an evening stroll.

Those behind the house knew nothing as yet.
OOC,That's okay, I didn't want to proceed without [b]Brook[/b] anyway, but I can see her player hasn't logged in for well over a month. I hope we haven't lost her. [b]Madeline[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll: [dice]0[/dice] [b]James[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Brook[/b]'s Hide roll (35% skill): [dice]2[/dice] [b]Charles[/b]'s Hide roll (10% base skill): [dice]3[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”