IC-Ep 2-House of Secrets(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 2-House of Secrets(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Queensway, Bayswater- London, England
5:30 PM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

After a brief stop at Charles Davis's general store to collect supplies, the group took the Central Line to Queensway and made its way to the Steadman house, which was one of several similar-looking two-story houses in a row on a side street. It was on the left side of the street, and the blackout curtains covered the windows, though there was still daylight remaining. Accompanying Charles were Story, Elizabeth, Brook, Archie, Phyllis, Maggie, Benjamin, Seamus, and Anna. Story and his companions recognized the house from their earlier visit to London.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-House of Secrets(Everyone)

Post by aine »

Phyllis points her large umbrella at the house. "That's the one. And Doris lives in the one next door. Mrs Duncan and I could go and see if she's seen anything this afternoon?" She vaguely addresses the old man who, even though he makes even Phyllis seem young in comparison, seems to be in charge.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,I'm looking back in the old Terror Out of Time thread. Am I right that this is the Exeter house we saw before? I think that's been explained to the other TARDIS folks in this game, but not Elizabeth. Thanks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Aye, that sounds like a good idea," agreed Maggie with a nod.
OOC,Yes, you're right. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,Thank you :)
Turning to Story and Brook Elizabeth says quietly "That's the Exeters' house that we knew isn't it?" She looks at the house with interest, curious to assess what has changed since their last visit. At least from the outside.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The only differences Elizabeth noticed from the outside were the addition of the blackout curtains, which prevented her from seeing inside, and the absence of wrought-iron railings on the stairs leading up to the front door. Those had probably been salvaged for the war effort.
OOC,You're welcome. :)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods. "That's the one. Do you think anybody's home?" She looks at the black curtains, wondering if anyone is looking back out at them right now.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus looks at the big house and then hears Brook's concern.

"I'm wondering the same, we should be careful with how we tackle this" He then proceeds to walk a few steps in each direction, trying to scan the surroundings.

"Are we going the stealthy route?" he said with his signature crooked grin and confident eyes.
OOC,Do I see anything in particular? Perhaps should I roll a Spot Hidden or Listen?
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles looks around "We're a large group of people, in daylight, people could have seen us" He shuffles uncomfortably as the idea of law breaking slinks its way into his thoughts "Perhaps we should wait until after dark, or until Lord Colville is with us, in case one of the neighbours calls the police?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"The house looks much the same as it did earlier, so they are probably still not there." Phyllis Cruckshank makes a decision, "Well we can't stand here all day like lemons. Only one way to find out, come on Maggie!" The old lady adjusts her large hat and then bustles purposely across the street to the house next door. She climbs the steps, uses the door knocker and then waits, listening intently. "I hope Doris is in." She says to Maggie Duncan.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Anna trails after Phllyis, interested in helping the older woman, she shook her head slightly, somewhat out of it.
OOC:   Yeah, I'm back. Sorry 'bout the absence, hope my return isn't too unwelcome.  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus looks at the old ladies going to the house next door and smiles at their enthusiasm, just before turning to Anna.

"Hey there missy, do you know why these ladies are going to that house? I got distracted thinking about how to break into the first one and suddenly we switched targets." He said with a confident crooked smirk, looking straight at Anna's eyes.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

“Well, I suppose a look around the neighbourhood did no harm to anyone.” Anna said evenly, making eye contact with Seamus.
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles tentatively nudges Seamus "I say, Mr O' Leary, you seem...accustomed to this sort of endeavour, how would you suggest we, um, proceed in gaining entry?". To anyone paying even vague attention to Charles, he is clearly nervous, but at the same time gives the impression of contained excitement at doing something so new, and dangerous.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus looks at Anna with a puzzled look, just before feeling a nudge. As he turns around he sees Charles speaking to him in a weird voice that's a mix of excitement and fear, kinda ringing some bells from when Seamus started his... liberal ways, the rush and thrill were the best part of it.

He then remembers how adamant Charles was before when talking about this monster thing being a farce, which made Seamus pissed at the moment, but he kept it together and answered with a crooked smile in his face.

"I'm still surprised you tagged along, since you really didn't believe much of this situation, what happened sir?" He said as he laid one hand on Charles's shoulder gently, as if they were close pals.

"Well, I think we should gather some intel on the surroundings of the house before we make any moves, when we have some intel, if possible, I could try breaking in through some door or window, piece of cake!"

Seamus then points backwards in Anna's direction and says: "Although it seems some of our friends are going to the house next door" just before turning and speaking to her: "Are you going with them or staying here, love?"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I'm going with them for a look, there's nothing quite so reassuring as an alienist at the side to calm any residual fears." Anna grinned, casting a sideways glance at the house, "Besides, you never know, maybe we could persuade the neighbours to not look out the window, should something happen, you know?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maggie and Anna followed Phyllis up to the front door of Doris Spangler's house. Shortly after Phyllis knocked, it was opened by a short woman with curly gray hair, around fifty years old. "Mrs. Cruckshank, Mrs. Duncan, welcome back!" she said. "Who's your young friend?"
OOC,There is nothing unusual that [b]Seamus[/b] can see, but you are free to roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna smiled, and made a small curtsy, Anna Jerkins, practising alienist from a sanatorium a few street-corners down. Pleasure to meet you, miss.”
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh, Doris, I'm glad you are at home and well. This young lady is also looking for Mrs Steadman's mother. She's a kind of nurse." Phyllis explains, looking over her shoulder and speaking quietly, knowing how well neighbours' ears can twitch. "has there been anyone home nextdoor this afternoon?"
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles hides a grin from seeing Seamus shot down so expertly, waiting until Anna has wandered away before clearing his throat, and speaking again. "Well, Mr O'Leary, I'm sure that something is amiss - the man from the Government said so - but monsters?" Charles looks from side to side as if looking for something " Have you seen any monsters around, really?".

Return to “Episode 2”