IC-Ep 2-Tea Time(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 2-Tea Time(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

St. James's Church- London, England
4:00 PM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

Giles Curry was just serving afternoon tea to Seamus O'Leary and Charles Davis when Phyllis Cruckshank and Maggie Duncan returned, followed shortly thereafter by Story, Brook Davies, Lord Rufus Colville, Archie Pennyfeather, Benjamin Klein, and Anna Jerkins. There was no sign yet of Elizabeth Young or John Barrow. "Welcome back," rasped the elderly rector. "You're just in time for tea."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Tea Time(Everyone else)

Post by HelplessBystander »

"Thank you." Anna said, fetching a cup of tea.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles looks up at the eclectic group in mild surprise, before standing up stiffly, groaning slightly from the pain in his knees, and greets the incoming crowd..

"Mrs Cruckshank, Mrs Duncan, a pleasure to see you both again" He turns towards the group of newcomers "Gentlemen, Ladies, Little Miss.. Charles Davis, at your service..."

...and he sticks his hand out to the nearest newcomer.
Last edited by Shelfunit on Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis Cruckshank takes Charles' hand, "Charmed, I'm sure. Lawks, I'm parched, let's have a nice cup of tea, Maggie. We've had a terribly long journey back; the No. 14 was suspended and we had to walk north and then come via Hackney. My feet are so sore!"

She takes a cup of tea and sits down for a long slurp. "Has everyone had an eventful day?" she asks between sips.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Nothing yet, I suppose. We interviewed a few people and visited the archives of the British Museum. Found some interesting stories and fascinating tales." Anna said, brightly.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story mostly lost in his thoughts managed to nod a greeting at Charles.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Well, Anna, I hope you don't mind me saying; your Mrs Steadman, that one who escaped the asylym, somehow, is alive and well and staying with her daughter and her husband Major Steadman; who was the same 'gentleman' who was dating Nell Murrows the night she died."
Phyllis sniffs. "I'm not one for jumping to conclusions but it all seems rather suspect to me. Maggie and I popped in here on our way to the hospital to let them know where Mrs Steadman is."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna tried not to let her emotions show as she attempted to process the news. "Well, this is certainly a surprising information. Do you mind elaborating upon your claims a bit more, Ms Phyllis? I am sure that this would greatly aid in the authorities attempt to find her."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mrs. Exeter is the mother, the woman who escaped from the asylum," added Maggie. "Madeline Steadman is her daughter, whose maiden name was Exeter."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis looks at Maggie over her teacup with a smile. "Yes, exactly! Silly me. And Mrs Exeter has been seen with her daughter and son-in-law at their house; how brazen is that! She might not be there right this minute becuase they were out when we knocked but you've only got to set a watch. You know, I feel it in my bones that this Major Steadman had someting to do with Nell Murrow's death."
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles busies himself with his cup of tea, wishing it was a good coffee, and tries not to look too much like he hasn't got a clue what is being talked about.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I have arrived at a similar conclusion, to be frank, I have every reason to believe that Catherine Exter will be prone to violence and if what you said is indeed true of her daughter and her son-in-law, then I'm afraid it is entirely possible that there's a company of bad people in London plotting more murders right now." Anna said, a hint of worry stained her voice.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story's ears perked and he looked over at Ms Phyllis and said, "Excuse me, you know where the daughter and son-in-law's house is located? Where can we find it?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"why yes, of course. We've just come from there." Phyllis looks at Maggie, "We canvassed so many this morning, what was the street that Doris and the Steadmans lived on, Dear?" She looks at Story, "Doris is the neighbour; she lives next door to the Steadmans."
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles looks up, concerned at the direction the conversation seems to be heading. "You're not thinking of going back, are you? If these people are as dangerous as you say they are, surely this is a job for the police?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It was a place in Bayswater, not far from Queensway," said Maggie. "I dinna ken the street name; all the signs were taken down in case the Jerries invade. But I think I could find it again." She gave directions from Queensway Underground station.
Story/Brook Davies,[b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b] recognized the location. It was [b]Professor Exeter[/b]'s house in 1930, and they had been there before. His daughter must have inherited it after he had been killed and his wife committed.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
The Gathering
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”