IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Post by HelplessBystander »

"Well, I don't think alcohol is the first thing that comes to mind when you're going to a bomb shelter." Anna said, "But I do happen to have a small flask of nice chianti wine and fava beans that I had confiscated from one of the more...difficult patients that I've dealt with earlier tonight. Do you want them?" She rummaged a bit through her handbag before quickly producing an alcohol flask hidden inside a paper bag and a tiny packet of fava beans.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker gives the teenager a strange look until both Elizabeth and Story come into view.

The woman dressed in traditional Korean garb stood up and approached the three. Her crimson skirt flowed gently behind her. She turned her cloth satchel, covering part of the gold stitching on her blouse that read "땜장이" - translating as her name, Tinker.

In a slightly accusatory voice she said to them,
"So this is where you all got to. I didn't think I would see you again. Where is your friend Lucius? Or did you abandon him in Dunwich too?"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

OOC:   Alright. Something funny happened with my post, and this my second attempt at posting my line.  
"What are you talking about, Miss Tinker? Do you know them? Where's Dunwich? I...I don't think I've heard of such a town in England." Anna asked Tinker in confusion.
Psychology 75%,[dice]0[/dice]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks incredulously at Tinker. "Lucius? How do you know Lucius? And you know us from Dunwich?" She looks at the woman curiously. "I don't remember you.."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Well, I didn't quite grow into my looks then and I was going by Raymond before a local gave me both barrels. We shared drinks at that creepy inn. Lucius was the twitchy guy. You might not remember me, but I wasn't going to forget one of my own." Tinker says looking at Story.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Tinker momentarily shocked and then dismissively says, "Abandoned?!?! That's nonsense. Absolute rubbish! There was only one option for us in Dunwich... quietly depart, or be gutted by the beast that lurked outside our door." He steps close to Tinker and leans in towards her as he says, "Raymond you say? I don't know you. How did you find us? Did the Time Lords send you to lurk about on this planet?" Before she could answer he turns around, huffs in frustration and walks over to Anna as he clearly needs to think in light of this encounter, "Madam, may I have a swig of that?"
OOC:   Here's how Story is currently dressed...
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook still looks quite curiously at Tinker. "Raymond...I do remember a Raymond, but you don't look a bit like him. And how did you end up here? That's backwards! Are you alright?" She chews her lip a bit. "Lucius is at home..or at least quite close to home..."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Um, sure." Anna quietly handed over the flask of red wine.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods his thanks and takes a swig, savoring the taste of the red wine. After a moment he hands the flask back to Anna while saying, "Thank you. In a short amount of time this night has provided more things for me to ponder than any have in some time. Tell me, you're not also from Gallifrey are you? The older I get the harder it's apparently becoming to notice my own." He smiles at her. "No of course you're not. Never mind me, stressful night my dear... stressful night." He glances back at Tinker before returning his attention to Anna. "So, tell me about yourself while I think." It's only then that he seemingly takes note of Eugene standing there. "Ah, sorry chap... I didn't mean to intrude on your conversation." He smiles again.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Eeh, I'm Anna Jerkins, practising alienist. My job is to analyse and medicate the ones with a broken psyche. I try my best to help the mentally-broken to see the world in all of its shiny colours." Anna said, her eyes lighting up with passion at the end. She truly believes in her profession.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Well one of those dirty fisherman shot me and I had to well... regenerate and I look different now, but I am the same person and I guess I am alright, thank you." Tinker calms down a little while talking to the young girl. "At the time, I didn't have the privilege of just bouncing around all willy-nilly so I had to wait for a while. At least until they unlocked my ride - my TARDIS - which unfortunately they only did conditionally." Tinker shoots a dirty look towards Story, "So no, I haven't been sent for you, I didn't 'find you' - I just go where I get sent, and I certainly don't lurk on this planet. I have taken the long way around here for nearly two centuries. But I guess I... understand, Dunwich was dangerous, clearly."

Tinker turns back to Brook, "I'm sorry for my tone, it has just been very difficult for me and when I met you all then I thought you were my ticket out of exile." She smiles half-heartedly, "I am glad your friend got home. How long has it been for you all?" She pauses, "28 years for me..."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"So...what's going on?" Anna said, somehow even more confused than before. She had thought that she might have a better understanding of what's happening if she patiently waited for the story to unfold...unfortunately, she have no idea what's going on. But she was prettt sure she a few phrases tossed around that made her concerned for the mental health of Tinker and Story. "Are you guys okay? You aren't sounding all...there, if you could excuse my blunt words. I've frankly never heard of a place called Gallifrey. I'm available to help if you're getting too stressed from the air-raid. It's all right to feel this way." Anna said in a soothing tone, as she habitually switch to a tone of voice that she usually reserved for placating the mentally-ill.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story can't help but laugh and says to Anna, "My dear alienist perhaps your diagnoses is right... a few marbles may have rolled away." He waves his hands and continues, "Never mind my mention of Gallifrey it's some distance off." He smiles. "As far as being stressed, it's stems from far weightier matters than the air-raid, but I thank you for your concern. I simply need to rest... perhaps all of my traveling, loss, and rash decisions are finally catching up to me." He looks to the door leading outside and mumbles to himself, "Zagreus sees you in your bed and eats you when you're sleeping..." After a moment he looks away from the door and turns his attention back to the lady, he says, "Excuse me, I seem to be rambling."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"It's okay to ramble. Sometimes, letting all the stuff that's bottled inside of you out in a healthy and productive manner helps with stress and instability. Would you like to have ammonites to draw? I can let you borrow my notebook." Anna said helpfully, eating fava beans while holding a pen and notebook in the other hand.

Anna turned towards Tinker, "Miss Tink, is there anything you would like to talk to me about?"
Psychoanalysis 90%,[dice]0[/dice]
Last edited by HelplessBystander on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Anna Jerkins,[b]Anna[/b] knew that the things [b]Tinker[/b] and [b]Story[/b] were talking about were completely insane and made little sense to her, yet the two of them seemed to absolutely believe what they were saying was true. Yet [b]Story[/b] showed no signs of mental illness in spite of his pretense. [b]Tinker[/b] had apparently been through some kind of trauma and was mostly recovered, but she could perhaps benefit a little from analysis. [b]Story[/b] appeared to be middle aged, and [b]Tinker[/b] looked young, but both of them seemed like "old souls" to her. [spoiler][b]Anna[/b], please roll History.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

history 20%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC:   That...didn't quite go as well as I though it would.  
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin is completely flabbergasted at the recent exchange. "Regeneration? Tardis? What are you people going on about?". He gets the distinct feeling that most of that conversation was not meant for his ears...
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks surprised from Tinker to Story, then back again. "You mean...You're like Story?" She thinks for a bit. "I'm not quite sure how long it's been. Time gets all muddled up...Weeks? More? The TARDIS took us to to Rome..."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna looked around in befuddlement. She felt like she's the only one who don't know what's going on. "Can someone please explain to me the hell is going on?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story stands there considering Anna's offer to doodle. However hearing her most recent question he looks from her to Tinker, finally saying, "More than you can imagine I'm afraid."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge

Return to “Episode 2”