IC-Ep 2-House of Secrets(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 2-House of Secrets(Everyone)

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Why don't we just knock on the door and see if anyone's in?" says Elizabeth to the others. "We're here as a group, we can hardly hide. The neighbours will have seen us, I'm sure. We might as well just take a direct approach. And if that fails, well we'll work out a backup plan."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods in agreement to Brook's response to Elizabeth. It's an interesting thing being back at this house, he takes the external appearance in for a moment as the rest of the group converse with one another.

Turning his attention to Elizabeth, Story says, "I agree. What's the point in dilly dallying." He begins to make his way to the front door.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus turns to Charles, and gets really close to his face.

"Yes mate, monsters are real, you're free to not believe it, but someone dear to me was killed by one, so if you want us to work together, I suggest you try to keep your skepticism in check until you see it" He said, just before backing a little bit from Charles and realizing the rest was moving to the house.

"Come on Charlie mate, it seems we're gonna get answers soon, and then you'll see like me" Said Seamus with a crooked grin on his face, just before turning around and walking towards the house behind Story.

On the way, he tried to listen to anything unusual.
Seamus's Listen:25,[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles, having had dealings with the Irish in his past keeps quiet so as not to provoke Seamus, but makes a mental note to ask him about his encounter later. With a slightly pained expression at having to move quicker than usual, he follows the others, keeping an eye out for the "monsters" he is starting to imagine are now lurking behind every bush...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's good to meet you too, Miss Jerkins," said Doris. "I'm Mrs. Doris Spangler. Mrs. Steadman did come home, but she was alone then. The Major also arrived not that long ago."

Story and some of the others reached the door to the Steadman house. The brass knocker was just waiting for someone to bang it against the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

“I see...this is certainly useful information, ma’am. Would you care to invite us inside for a cup of tea? The weather’s not that great.” Anna said, giving the lady a friendly smile and a gentle handshake.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis frowns at Anna's forwardness; girls these days, no sense of propiety! She's about to say something when she notices the large group of people heading towards nextdoor. "Lawks! That does it. Right into the Lion's Den. Maybe we will come in for a cup of tea if that's alright, Doris? And maybe watch from the parlour?" She pushes Maggie and Anna politely but swiftly through the door.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Upon reaching the door Story reaches out and takes hold of the knocker. He then proceeds to bang it against the door a few times.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, of course," said Doris, stepping aside to allow Phyllis, Maggie, and Anna into her house. "Won't you come in?" she added, though they already were. She closed the door, and the ladies went into the parlor and watched from the window.

Shortly afterward, the door of the Steadman house was opened by a pretty woman with black hair in her early twenties, wearing a checkered red and white dress. "Can I help you, sir?" she asked Story.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna tried closing the curtains facing the neighbours' house without Doris noticing, and tried to start some small talk, "Miss, would you quite mind to enjoy a game of cards with us? I'm sure any matter can be talked over with the help of a cup o' divine tea and a round of fun."
Sneak 50%,[dice]0[/dice]
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at the young woman and says, "Yes, I've been a way many years and was hoping to catch up with Mrs Exeter. I hear she's only recently popped back in. I knew her husband... poor fellow really. It's a shame what happened to him you know." Briefly looking at the sky then back to the girl he continues, "I really must apologies for having you hold the door open for so long, it really is a dreadful day. Mind if we come in?" He flashes a toothly grin, but before she can answer he follows up with a more pressing question, "Would you mind popping the kettle on for a spot of tea? These really are deary days, and tea...well, tea is a remedy for the deary." He makes a motion - which if not challenged, as he's hoping to catch her off gaurd - will find him pushing past her and heading towards the parlour area.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doris saw Anna closing the blackout curtains, but she did not think anything of it. "It's Mrs., dear," she said to Anna. "Why, yes, a game of cards would be nice. Bridge, perhaps? There are four of us."
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Fast Talk.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Of course, Mrs. Doris, I deign to sound rude, but yes, a game of Bridge certainly sounds appropriate." Anna smiled, looking at Doris as the woman brought out a pack of cards.
OOC:   Is it okay if I say that Doris has a pack of playing cards on hand?  
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

FAILURE,Fast Talk - 05% [dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles, seeing the tongue tied leader of the group having problems, steps forward. "Excuse me Miss, what my... associate means is that we were sent by the...asylum Mrs Exeter was staying at, and...we were wondering if we could come in and...discuss any possible places she could be...um.. holed up in" he trails off a little desperately, looking at Story as if to say 'it couldn't turn out worse than your attempt"...
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Seamus smiles with his eyes closed, arms crossed and head lowered in response to Story's attempt, it reminded him of when he tried to ask out the girls he liked when he was little.

He rose his head when he heard Charles and stayed close to him, acknowledging his try, he had more guts than he seemed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You shouldn't post actions for NPCs. [b]Doris[/b] does have a deck of cards somewhere, but she'd probably have to go and get it. In any case, I'll wait to see how [b]Phyllis[/b] responds before posting what she does. [b]Charles[/b], you may also try a Fast Talk roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

OOC:   Sorry Mr. Handy, I'll keep that in mind next time.  
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shelfunit »

Charles Fast Talk:70,[dice]0[/dice]
...sigh... :roll: 3 for 3 now. My time will come!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The woman did not budge and remained blocking the doorway. "Hang about, you can't just come barging in!" she protested. "My husband and I are just about to sit down to supper. Who exactly are you people?"
OOC,[b]Mrs. Steadman[/b]'s Psychology roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”