Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy
Queensway, Bayswater- London, England
6:35 PM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

Story, Elizabeth, and most of the others remained in the alley behind the houses, though Phyllis, Maggie, and Benjamin were still in Doris's house next door. The Steadmans had departed leaving the house empty...or was it?

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:04 pm
by aine
"If I was 40 years younger I might consider having a look inside that house now." Says Phyllis. "Yes, you may be surprised but standing on ceremony is all well and good for everyday but there comes a time when a body has to take the initiative. And the consequences too I grant you."

She sighs wistfully and then gets up again to stand next to Benjamin, looking out of the window and then had an idea. "Have you some glasses, Doris? We could have a go at listening through the walls."

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
"Oh, good thinking!" said Doris, rushing into the kitchen to fetch a few glasses and quickly returning to hand them out to everyone.
OOC,Anyone in [b]Doris[/b]'s house may roll Listen.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 am
by Pastiche
Benjamin takes a glass, carefully puts it against the wall and starts listening... However, his ears are no longer what they used to be...
OOC:   Listen 25%: [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:13 pm
by aine
listen,(25%) roll:6
Phyllis also takes a glass and climbs upstairs before putting a glass to the wall, she frowns and listens some more.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:13 pm
by aine
listen,(25%) roll:6
Phyllis also takes a glass and climbs upstairs before putting a glass to the wall, she frowns and listens some more.

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:36 am
by HelplessBystander
Anna approaches the back of the door, "There was obviously something that they're hiding...I guess there's no time like the present to truly try and find out what it is that they're hiding."

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Doris and Maggie also pressed glasses to the wall and listened, but nobody could hear the slightest sound on the other side.

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:04 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus walks along with Anna to the door, and signals her to slow down a bit.

"I appreciate the enthusiasm you're all showing, but let's not be too reckless mates. If we're going to break in, we gotta do it properly." He said with a smirk on his face, as he brought out his lock-picking kit and proceeded to check if the door was locked, trying to hide his excitement.
Locksmith 70%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,sorry for being absent, I'm back now though!

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:02 am
by Mr. Handy
Seamus found that the back door was locked - at least for a few seconds. He had it open very quickly.

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm
by HelplessBystander
Anna whistled in wonder as she watched Seamus do his (admittedly illegitimate) work, she made an exaggerated curtsy and said, "Well, it's not your first time, Mr. Seamus, lead the way."

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm
by aine
"It sounds like the house is empty, let's hope that Anna and that young man are quick." Phyllis toddles back down stairs and watches them through the window. "My, they are in already; I wonder how on earth he managed that?" She says rather disapprovingly. "Doris, do these houese have basements?"

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes," said Doris. "You see, the back alley slopes downwards. It's about ten feet below the level of the street out front, so the back door leads into the basement. In my house, it opens into the study. I imagine it's similar in the others."

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm
by Shelfunit
Charles, loudly whispers to Seamus "Do you need me to..er.. stand guard here, or should I come in to help you?"

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:15 pm
by HelplessBystander
"It'd be good if you came in along with us, Charles." Anna said, brightly.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:37 am
by DrkRoxas
Seamus nods at Anna's suggestion, he even laughed a bit because of Charles's shy attitude. He started getting past his initial skeptical behavior and was now liking him a bit more.

"No point in staying here mate, even if you shout if you see anything, there's not enough room to react, just be quiet and try to look for anything suspicious, let's go." He said as he quietly opened the door and led the way, being as silent as possible, with a huge grin on his face, unable to hide his excitement.
Sneak 75%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Seamus crept into the darkened room beyond the door. There were no windows, which only served to heighten the darkness. He couldn't make out many details in the darkness, but the room appeared to be a study. There were bookshelves, a desk, a couch, and chairs. Interior doors were straight ahead and to the right, and there was also a staircase leading up at the far end of the room.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm
by HelplessBystander
OOC:   Anna has been in the house before, does she know the way?  

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Anna[/b] has been in the house before, but not that part of it. However, she does realize that she's below the level she was on before, as there were steps leading up to the front door, and the alley sloped downwards. The stairs presumably lead upwards to more familiar territory.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 am
by DrkRoxas
"Okay mates, where do we go, to the far back or are you feeling like going up some stairs?" Seamus said with a crooked grin, opening the way for the others as if he was welcoming them into the house, but as silent as possible.

"It's kind of dark huh? What are we looking for specifically?" he asked both his companions.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 am
by HelplessBystander
"Let's go up the stairs, they appear, to me at least, to lead up to the entrance of the house. I've been here just a short while ago, so I think I could give some directions." Anna whispered.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:30 am
by Shelfunit
"I'm guessing some signs of our escapee" suggested Charles, peering around. "Should we turn on the lights?, I mean, the occupants have gone, and it would be a lot less suspicious than torches?"

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 am
by HelplessBystander
“Sure. Why not?” Anna shrugged, and went to turn on the light.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:52 pm
by aine
"Could you keep watch out front?" Phyllis asks the tailor. "Doris, could you and Maggie watch the front and back from the upstairs rooms?" I'll listen through the wall and let you know what's happening next door if I can."

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Doris and Maggie took up their positions at the windows upstairs while Doris listened at the wall.

Anna found a lamp on the writing desk and flicked it on, and now they could see more clearly. The desk was an old Victorian-era piece with a rolltop. It contained writing paper, pens, ink, stationery, envelopes, postage stamps, and similar things on its surface and in its drawers. There was also a clock there, which indicated that it was 6:40 PM. The bookshelves were fully stocked, There were numerous titles on the shelves about Egypt, but they wouldn't be able to tell much about their contents without reading them, which would take quite some time.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:19 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus started walking to the victorian desk, stopping next to it and looking at all the materials for letter that were inside.

"Maybe there's something of interest here, and there could be other things inside these envelopes, people usually hide other things in them" he said to the rest, with a crooked smile on his face.
Spot Hidden 75%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Seamus found some old correspondence stored in one of the desk drawers that the Steadmans had apparently been saving. Most of the letters seemed irrelevant, but he did find one of interest. Holding it up to the lamp, he was able to read it:

"September 25, 1938
Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Dear Captain Steadman,

Thank you for showing an interest in my discovery. To be honest, I had had no idea of its value when I first found it. One finds all sorts of detritus when fishing on an industrial scale, but this is the oddest thing I have ever seen. It looks nothing so much like a tiny coffin, undoubtedly very old. I did not want to risk opening it, for fear of damaging it or its contents, but I had it X-rayed at Brown University. There is some kind of small stone within, perhaps a crystal or gemstone. They believe it to be at least five thousand years old. If you are ever in Providence, feel free to drop by and examine it, though that does not seem likely to happen any time soon considering the current political situation. I fear your country may be at war within a week, and you will doubtless be called to duty in its defense in that event. Should you wish to purchase the artifact, I will entertain your offer, though you will need to make it a good one. There has been interest in it from both Brown University and Miskatonic University in Arkham, Massachusetts.

Sincerely,
Captain Dominick Travers"

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus read the letter to his companions, looking clueless.

"Stone, coffin, gemstone? What the hell is this? This looks too weird to let slide, considering the monstrosities we've had to deal with, this Captain Steadman must've use these trinkets for the occult!" he said with indignation.

After this, he offered the letter to his companions and started gazing into the horizon. "How much could these trinkets cost? This might be a great opportunity for me" he thought, with a smirk on his face.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:04 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth keeps a watch out for any police or other people coming along, hoping that the others are getting on ok in the house, and not running into trouble.
OOC,Who is out here with me? I'm assuming Story, but who else?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy
The thought of money brought Seamus's attention to a ledger in another of the desk's drawers.
OOC,Anyone reading the ledger may make an Accounting roll. [b]Story[/b] is behind the house with you, though he's hiding inside the Anderson shelter. [b]Seamus[/b] and [b]Anna[/b] went into the [b]Steadman[/b] house through the back door. [b]Charles[/b] was out front the last I checked, and I don't think he came behind the house yet. [b]Phyllis[/b] and [b]Benjamin[/b] are in [b]Doris[/b]'s house with her and [b]Maggie[/b].

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:02 pm
by Pastiche
Benjamin nervously paces back and forth, from time to time pausing to look through the curtains. "What on earth are they doing in there?"

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I edited the text of the letter slightly because carbon-dating didn't quite exist yet in 1938.

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 pm
by aine
"I can't hear anything, Mr Klein, it's very quiet next door so I presume they are all alright in there." Says Phyllis in a loud whisper.

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:46 am
by Shelfunit
Charles was out front the last I checked
Charles is in the house with Seamus, and Anna (second post down from the top of this page)
Anyone reading the ledger may make an Accounting roll.
Charles takes a look over the ledger...
Charles Accounting:60,[dice]0[/dice]
...and discovers...

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:49 am
by HelplessBystander
"Hmm...this looks like my high-school maths homework." Anna looked over the notes, and found something of interest.
Accounting 10%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Anna and Charles leafed through the ledger, and they both soon found one unusual transaction. It was dated 31/10/1938, and it consisted of a payment of a thousand pounds, easily the largest one in the book. The notation read "To D.T." From having read the letter, they deduced that this was probably payment to Dominick Travers for the object he had mentioned in it. That was an awful lot of money.
OOC,Whoops, sorry, [b]Charles[/b], I'd missed that one. :oops:

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am
by Shelfunit
"So..." began Charles, voicing his thoughts in an attempt to make sense of things "...what we are looking for is either a small coffin-like object, or the gem/stones that it contained. Do you think they're likely to be hidden in this house? I don't know much about rocks, or ancient history, but I do know that people will pay a lot of money for something they think they need, and to pay that much the Captain must have really needed whatever that coffin was."

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:51 pm
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth Young,I made an edit to something a while back after finding out new information. The RAF actually had several hundred planes remaining at this point, though the Germans believed they were down to about fifty or so. I'm not sure what source I used to get the figure of forty, but it was probably Wikipedia, which is of sometimes dubious reliability (though usually good enough for RPG background). RealTimeWWII on Twitter has been covering this period of time, and they tend to have better information.

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:51 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus nods at Charles's statement and puts his arm around his neck.

"Exactly, mate. So, how should we do this, wanna stay together or start searching separately? I understand miss Anna is quite familiar with the place, perhaps she could guide us?" He said with a crooked grin while looking at Anna but before looking at the antique clock nearby. "But let's hurry, time is not on our side".

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy
As he spoke, the clock struck the quarter hour. It was now 6:45.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:05 pm
by DrkRoxas
OOC,Are Charles and Anna active? I passed the ball to them and feel weird taking action right after that but if Mr. Handy needs it I can move the plot forward when deemed necessary

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Both of their players have logged in recently, but neither of them have posted here in a while. You might as well start exploring and searching the house if that's what you want to do. You can all do that in parallel, so you can explore one area while others go elsewhere.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:32 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus starts wandering off by himself, not being able to help feeling like he missed something below, so he heads down the staircase, looking to inspect the rooms and bookshelves that were below.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You are below. Those stairs lead upward.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:46 am
by Shelfunit
Charles looks up, having been seemingly lost in his thoughts for a moment. "I think we should stick together, if there's any trouble it's best if we faced it as a group, and in terms of searching, well, I know where something is in my shop if I've put it there, but I'm not the best at finding something otherwise" he looks a little embarrassed to admit such a failing for one in his profession. He follows after Seamus as quickly as he can, looking around as well as his limited ability allows along the way...
Charles Spot Hidden:25,[dice]0[/dice]
...sigh...

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Seamus and Charles headed upstairs, and they soon discovered that the study had been in the basement and that they were now on the ground floor. At the top of the staircase was a door on the right which led into a dining room, which featured a long mahogany table and six chairs in the middle. Leading out of the dining room were a closed door to the left and an archway to the right that led into the living room. Charles searched the room, but he found nothing of interest.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus keeps walking while hearing Charles's proposal of staying together, and immediately pulls Anna's arm subtly, guiding her to come with them.

"Our friend here is right ma'am, better not split." He said as he looked around the dining room with an eye for sparkles, looking to find anything of value.

"So, there's also a locked door here, should I do my thing or are you scared there's a monster behind?" He said with a crooked grin on his face, looking at both his companions.
Spot Hidden 75,[dice]0[/dice]
Only if companions allow Locksmith 70,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 am
by Shelfunit
Charles grimaced as a noise, clearly not of a lock opening emanated from the keyhole Seamus was working on. He looked around to see if there were any other places to search, or any additional stairs to climb.

OOC - The door was mentioned as being closed, but not specifically locked - is it worth trying the handle?

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:01 am
by HelplessBystander
"I'll try the handle." Anna volunteered, as she placed her hand onto the handle and tried to turn it.
OOC:   Sorry, I had a lot of studying on my plate for the last couple while, didn't get the opportunity to post here.  

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Anna tried the handle, and the door turned out not to be locked at all. Beyond the door was the kitchen. It contained an icebox, an oven with a range on top, a sink, and various cabinets. A window at the back had its blackout curtains drawn tightly shut.

Charles glanced through the archway and saw the living room, which was narrow but long. A sofa, an armchair, and a wireless set were present in the room. A telephone sat on a small table beside the armchair. A staircase led up, and the front door led back outside. There was a window beside the door, with the blackout curtains closed.

There was nothing of further interest in the dining room.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus quietly enters the kitchen, starting to look around, it seemed quite normal to his surprise.

He then proceeded to head to the icebox, just before letting out a grin and joking a bit. "Should we get something cold for the weather? Let's see what we find here." He said as he opened the icebox.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am
by Shelfunit
Not expecting much in the way of success Charles searches around the living room, taking care not to disturb the curtains.
Charles Spot Hidden:25,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Charles found nothing out of the ordinary in the living room. Seamus looked inside the icebox, which contained various foodstuffs. Mostly fruit and vegetables, though there was a small quantity of bacon there too. Such were the effects of rationing, at least on those who didn't patronize the black market. Seamus had no compunctions about doing so himself.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus looks disappointed at the sight of no beverages and moves around the kitchen, looking through the cabinets before ending next to window at the back.

"Let's bring some light into this place shall we?" He said as he opened the curtains.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Seamus found nothing much of interest in the cabinets. More foodstuffs, glassware, silverware (okay, that at least was valuable), a tea set and tea bags were inside them. There had been milk in the icebox as well, but not much of it. When he opened the curtains, he could see out into the alleyway behind the house, where he saw Elizabeth behind the Anderson shelter. The sun was on the verge of setting, so it didn't add much light to the room.

From her hiding place behind the Anderson shelter, Elizabeth could see the curtains of the window above being pulled apart, with Seamus's face appearing in the window. Story couldn't see this, as he was hiding inside the shelter.
OOC,[b]Seamus[/b], please roll Luck.

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:14 pm
by aine
Phyllis says, "Its almost supper time; we could take it in turns to watch the front of the house whilst we eat."

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
"There's a thought," said Maggie. "Who should take first watch?"

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:25 pm
by Pastiche
"I'm happy to take first watch!" Benjamin replies helpfully.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 pm
by aine
"That's very kind. Maggie and I can help Doris in the kitchen then. Just call us if anything happens!" Phyllis bustles into the kitchen to make supper in True W.I. Fashion: making the most of whatever lean ingredients Doris has. "I recently got a recipe for crow pie" she says as she puts on a pinny, "But I haven't tried it yet."

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:57 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth pops into the shelter to whisper to Story: "I've just seen one of our group's faces at the window. Seamus I think. I wonder how they're getting on."

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:05 am
by jaysun81
Story whispers back to Elizabeth, "I imagine quite well actually as I've heard no gun shots or commotion."

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 am
by Shelfunit
Charles looks around, and asks "I'm going to head upstairs, and take a look around, anyone else coming?", before climbing the stairs, doing so a quietly as he can, remembering from some old issue of 'weird tales' he had read in his younger days that there were never good things behind doors at the top of a staircase...

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods in response to Story's comment, and goes back to her hiding place.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:56 pm
by DrkRoxas
Luck 60,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,sorry for delay.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Charles headed upstairs. The upstairs hallway went straight ahead for a short distance, where it ended in a closed door. It also went just a few feet to the right, where there was another closed door. From there the hallway turned right again, running back toward the front of the house before ending in a third shut door. A wooden railing separated that stretch of the corridor from the stairs.

Phyllis and Maggie joined Doris in the kitchen. "Fresh out of crows, I'm afraid," said Doris with a grin. "I've eaten crow before, when I've made a mistake. Well, let's see what we've got to work with. Not much, I'm afraid. Rationing, you know. I can bake a pretty good Woolton pie. Still have enough veggies."

Benjamin went outside and sat on a nearby bench, watching the sun begin to set.
Elizabeth Young,From her hiding place, [b]Elizabeth[/b] could see an air raid warden, bespectacled and in his fifties, start to patrol down the alley. He glanced up at the window in which [b]Seamus[/b] had appeared and frowned. "Oh, bloody hell!" he muttered, turning around and walking briskly back the way he had come.
Story,[b]Story[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:19 am
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Listen - 34% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:43 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Story, I've got to warn them - there's an air raid warden about. I'm going into the house ..." Elizabeth whispers to her friend, and moves towards the house, aiming to go in to warn the others, following the route that she'd seen the others take to enter the building. She'd like to wave to Seamus, but he's probably not going to come back to the window, or see her. This may be the best bet.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth slipped in through the back door and found herself in the study, where she had been before with Story and Brook searching for Lucius and Grit. The doors down here were closed, and she heard nothing behind them, so the others had presumably gone upstairs. She went up and found herself in the dining room, where she saw Anna waiting. Seamus was rummaging around in the kitchen, and Charles was nowhere to be seen.
Benjamin Klein,As [b]Benjamin[/b] sat on the bench, he saw an air raid warden, bespectacled and in his fifties, round the corner and start to walk purposefully down the street.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:24 am
by yockenthwaite
"There's an air raid warden nearby, who looked interested in the house," says Elizabeth, out of breath after her dash into the house. "I think you all need to get out of here as quickly as possible."

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm
by aine
Phyllis walks back to the parlour to tell Benjamin his supper is ready, when she finds he is not there and the front door is open she joins him on the front step,
"Mr Klein, your supper is almost ready! Aren't you cold sitting here?"

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:27 pm
by Pastiche
Benjamin saw the air raid warden coming down the street. He was not really sure about his intentions, but he thought it safe to try and ask him for more information.

"Greetings, officer! Everything is alright I assume? I hope that these air raids stop soon..."

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:26 am
by DrkRoxas
"What do we have here?!" Seamus said as he saw Elizabeth entering the dining room.

"Any luck on your side? We're swamped here" he said with a crooked grin on his face.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Phyllis Cruckshank/Benjamin Klein,"You and me both, mate," said the warden, tipping his tin hat to [b]Benjamin[/b]. "Just some fool breaking blackout regulations. You'd think people would know better after yesterday. Well, I'd better straighten them out before the Jerries decide to pay us a return visit." He turned away from [b]Benjamin[/b], apparently completely oblivious that he was in a sense a Jerry himself, and turned up the walk to the [b]Steadmans[/b]' house.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:28 am
by Pastiche
"Well, at least it's not yet fully dark, otherwise it would have been much worse!". Realising what's going on, Benjamin tries to delay the warden as much as possible.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:07 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Benjamin[/b], please roll Fast Talk.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:48 pm
by aine
"Oh! What did happen yesterday? Mr Er...?" Phyllis stands as close as she can to the Steadman's wall so that it would be very rude for the warden to pass her by. "I'm Mrs Cruikshank. Phyllis." She smiles encouragingly.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Phyllis Cruckshank/Benjamin Klein,"[b]Bernard Talmadge[/b], ma'am," said the warden, tipping his hat to her as well. "Why, the air raids, of course. I'm rather surprised you hadn't noticed. If you'll excuse me, I've work to do." [spoiler][b]Phyllis[/b], you may also roll Fast Talk if you wish to try to delay him.[/spoiler]

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:08 am
by Pastiche
Spoiler:
Fast Talk 45%[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:29 pm
by aine
"Oh Mr Talmadge, Bernard, I meant anything particular to last night; you must have heard about the strange beast that's roaming the streets, or so they say, and that poor girl that got attacked too. I know you must see some awful sights on your rounds but that just about beats them all." Phyllis smiles encouragingly at the warden.
fast talk,(55%) roll:25

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:19 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth grins as Seamus speaks but then looks more serious. "You need to leave the house now. There's an air raid warden nearby who looks interested in it, and as though he may be coming here. Right now!"

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
Phyllis Cruckshank/Benjamin Klein,[b]Bernard[/b]'s eyes went wide, and he was suddenly very interested. "No, ma'am, I hadn't heard about that," he said. "Please, tell me more."

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:27 pm
by aine
"Well." says Phyllis and settles in for a long account,
"Over Bethnal Green way there have been signs of a fierce beast roaming the streets during the air raids. I didn't believe it myself, at first, but then a young woman of my aquaintance, I'm with the W.I. you know, was found savaged mauled to death! Horrible it was. There we were, sheltering under the church, whilst above our very heads stalked a monster! So there's not just bombs to fear you know. And you've seen nothing odd on your rounds around Baywater, Bernard?"

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Phyllis Cruckshank/Benjamin Klein,"Goodness!" exclaimed [b]Bernard[/b]. "No, I've seen nothing like that. It's been rather quiet here. There weren't even any bombs in the area yesterday. This beast, is it a dog of some sort?"
OOC,[b]Charles[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 pm
by Shelfunit
Charles Listen:25,[dice]0[/dice]
Charles suddenly stops, hand reaching out to the first door handle as he hears something that doesn't sound...right...

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:32 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus is paralyzed after hearing what Elizabeth said and quickly turns around to his companions.

"Come on guys, we need to leave immediately, this is not a safe place anymore, an air raid warden is coming!" he said as he quickly moved to the entrance where they came from and signaling Charles and Anna to go with him.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Charles could hear Elizabeth's discussion with Seamus downstairs, and he could also even hear people talking outside, in front of the house.
OOC,[b]Charles[/b], you may read the contents of the spoiler buttons for [b]Phyllis[/b] and [b]Benjamin[/b] above, both on this page and the previous page.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:00 pm
by Shelfunit
Charles moves down the stairs to the exit as fast as he is able, following Anna and Seamus out of the house.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 pm
by aine
Phyllis looks to Benjamin for support as she hasn't actually seen it herself, "I think it's bigger than a dog." She says. "It must be terrifying for the wardens."

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:18 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth, Seamus, Anna, and Charles all slipped back downstairs and out the back door into the alley. Just as they emerged, the warbling of the air raid siren began.

In front of the house, Bernard looked up at the sound. "I'd best get back to work, and you'd best get to shelter," he said. "I'll keep an eye out for the beast."
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] knew that it took at least twenty to twenty-five minutes after the siren sounded before the bombers came, due to the early warning from RDF. However, sometimes there were false alarms, when the sirens sounded too early. The bombers would come every night for several weeks, so they would arrive eventually. Of course, they didn't bomb everywhere in London equally. East London took the hardest hits.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:00 am
by Pastiche
aine wrote:Phyllis looks to Benjamin for support as she hasn't actually seen it herself, "I think it's bigger than a dog." She says. "It must be terrifying for the wardens."
Benjamin didn't see it either, but he thinks it doesn't hurt to lay it on thickly, if only to try and distract the warden as much as possible.

"Yes, it's quite a horrible beast, much bigger than a dog. I'd hate to have to face it alone..."

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:11 pm
by aine
"Oh goodness me," exclaims Phyllis as the siren starts. "It's early tonight. Take care on your rounds Bernard. Come on Mr Klein, we'd better go in and make our way to Doris' shelter. I hope we can take our supper with us." She leads the way back in, picking up her handbag with the knitting and her umbrella, she leads the way back to the kitchen.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:07 am
by Pastiche
Before following Phyllis to the shelter, Benjamin stops for a moment to take a long hard look at the sky and shudders...

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:22 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus runs as fast as he can, while looking back and checking everyone is with him.

"Come on guys, pick up the pace!" He said as he looked forward and a soft grin started showing on his face.

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Not as early as yesterday," said Bernard. "They started in the afternoon, while it was still light."

As Phyllis and Benjamin went back into Doris's house, Bernard walked up to the door of the Steadman house and knocked on it.

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 am
by yockenthwaite
"Listen to the siren," says Elizabeth quietly to the others. "If the planes are on the way, we've probably got about twenty or twenty five minutes to get to shelter. Shall we head to the air raid shelter, picking up Story en route?"

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 am
by Shelfunit
"Do you mean the Steadman's shelter Elizabeth?" Asked Charles.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:47 pm
by aine
Phyllis walks back to the kitchen, "Doris, Is your shelter big enough for all of us? And can we take our supper with us? Oo that smells lovely!"

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, dearie," said Doris, gathering the food. "Yes, the Anderson out back can hold the four of us fairly comfortably. Let's go." She led the way downstairs and out the back door into the alleyway, where Elizabeth was talking with the others.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:15 pm
by aine
"Good evening! Did you find anything interesting?" Phyllis asks the burglars cheerfully as the smell of supper wafts through the air.

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:30 am
by yockenthwaite
"I was thinking of something bigger," says Elizabeth to Charles. "But maybe we need to head wherever is nearest."

She smiles as she sees Phyllis come over. "Yes, how did you get on?" she says, looking at Seamus, Anna and Charles.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:14 am
by Shelfunit
Charles nods his head at Anna, agreeing with her summation, although still not sure if they should stay or go, and was distracted by the approach of Phyllis "Well, good evening again Mrs Cruckshank, we found a letter to Captain Steadman from a Captain Dominic Travers, about a small "coffin-like object", which contained a stone, or gem of some sort, and a ledger entry indicating that Captain Steadman had purchased this from Captain Travers for £1000, back on Halloween 1938... I wonder who got the trick, and who got the treat "

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth Young,It was common for people to take shelter in the Underground during the Blitz. This early on it technically wasn't allowed, though people did it anyway. All they'd need to do would be to pay their fares and they could descend to the platform, which on the Central Line was deep enough. Queensway was the closest Tube stop, and from there they could ride the train as far to the east as Liverpool Street Station. That was the closest station to St. James's Church, but it would still be a long walk there, and by the time they reached the station the bombs would probably be falling.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm
by aine
"Well that sounds interesting but doesn't seem to have any connection with Catherine Exeter. And she isn't hiding in the house? I wonder where she could be." Phyllis is far too pragmatic to entertain any romantic ideas about All Hallows.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:24 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus gets closer to Charles as he was talking and puts his arm around him in a friendly way.

"We found nothing of value in there! Talk about a waste of time, right buddy?" he said as he looked at Charles with a cocky grin.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:01 am
by Shelfunit
Charles sighed. "Well, the search was... interrupted, the very top floor is still unsearched I'm afraid, she could have been up there".

Charles turns his head to Seamus
"Well, as I was just saying to Mrs Crookshank, there were still a few rooms we didn't get a look in, and a stone of sorts someone paid £1,000 for we now know is probably in the vicinity..." Charles lowers his voice "...I'm sure they'll go out again soon, perhaps we could take another look around?"

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:47 pm
by aine
"It was only the warden, I don't suppose he'll be very long before he's gone away again. But if Catherine Exeter is upstairs, won't she come down to the shelter now that the raid has started? And other than that; nothing good comes of prying into other people's affairs - or possessions. It will all end in tears, you know." Phyllis gives Seamus one her best pointed looks.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:30 am
by DrkRoxas
Seamus grins at Phylis's look and lets go of Charles.

"I suppose if you guys are still interested, we could go inside again, but they say it's bad luck to sneak in the same way twice." he said as he let out a soft laugh with a lot of confidence.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I've already given [b]Elizabeth[/b] some information she knows above, but everyone else may roll Idea.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:12 am
by DrkRoxas
Idea 70,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Seamus,It struck [b]Seamus[/b] that the Underground would be a good place to take shelter from the air raid. The nearest station was Queensway, on the Central London Railway, which was the one they had emerged from on their way here. The platform was deep below the ground, and they should be safe from anything but a direct hit. It wasn't exactly permitted to use the Tube as an air raid shelter, but he'd never let a lack of permission stop him before. Besides, if they paid their fares, nobody could really stop them from entering.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:53 am
by yockenthwaite
"What about the Underground as somewhere safe for us to go now?" says Elizabeth to the others. "In case any bombs do hit, it might be prudent. We could also get from there to the church afterwards to meet the others. But I think we need to get somewhere safe."

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:39 am
by Shelfunit
Charles Idea Roll:75,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 am
by Pastiche
"Yes, getting to the underground might be prudent...", Benjamin concurs.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 pm
by aine
"Well, I don't like the idea of leaving Doris on her own in her shelter. Especially as, well , Mrs Exeter is at large. And could come back at any minute, air raid or not!" Phyllis sniffs and folds her arms. "Doris, I ain't leaving you here by yourself. These young uns want to head to the underground."

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Charles thought that Elizabeth had a good idea.

"Oh, the Underground!" said Doris. "I hadn't thought of it, but it does sound much safer than my Anderson. Thank you, dear, but why don't I go with you instead?"

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:30 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus nods as they all present the option of the underground.

"The nearest station is Queensway, on the Central London Railway, the one we emerged from, we should head there as it is very deep underground, we'll be safe. You can leave every locked door to me." he said with a cocky grin on his face.

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:48 pm
by aine
Phyllis sniffs with disapproval at Seamus but says, "Good that's settled, we'd better hurry as it's been a while since the sirens. Here, what shall we do with the supper, Doris?"

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy
"I expect we can just bring it with us," said Doris.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:30 am
by Shelfunit
Charles steps forward "Point me in the direction of the food Ladies, I'll help pack, and carry it down. The sooner we start, the sooner we'll be safe in the shelter".

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:59 pm
by aine
"I suppose we might be able to eek it out for everyone." Says Phyllis rather doubtfully as Charles takes the food. "We might even be sitting somewhere safe before it goes stone cold."

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:55 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Hang on, I'll just check if Story is still in the other shelter. Wait a moment," says Elizabeth. She dashes over to the shelter Story was hiding in, and checks for him.

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 am
by jaysun81
Seeing Elizabeth enter the shelter, Story peeks his head out from under the cot and says with a smile, "Here I was think I was going to get a good night's rest." Taking note of her quick entrance he pulls himself out, stands up and dusts himself off while asking, "Is something happening?"

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:51 am
by yockenthwaite
"Yes, we've decided to head to the Underground for shelter from any bombs," says Elizabeth, smiling as she sees her friend dust himself down. "It's safer than here, we should all get in there, and we could go to the church afterwards. We can also discuss with the others more what they found in the house. Coming?"

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 pm
by jaysun81
As Story looks at Elizabeth his mind races through all their adventures, resting briefly on their friend Lucius. After a moment he clears his throat as if his thoughts were on his face, and he says, "Of course, of course. Lead the way my dear."

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Right, come on then," says Elizabeth, smiling with some relief. She makes her way back to join the others.

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:44 pm
by jaysun81
Exiting the shelter, and closing the door, Story follows Elizabeth as they head back to the group.

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
There being general agreement, everyone headed for Queensway Station, arriving in short order. They were not the first ones to get there. A large crowd of people had entered the station ahead of them and were gathered at the ticket collection point, where a lone CLR employee stood in their way.

"I told you," he said, "I can't let you down to the platforms unless you pay your fare. It's more than my job's worth!"

"Where's your humanity?" asked an tall, imperious woman. "The Nazis are raining death on our heads for the second straight night, and you'd leave us out there?"

"If it were up to me, I'd let you through. But it's not. There are rules-"

"Blast your bloody rules!" bellowed a somewhat overweight man of middle age. Evidently rationing hadn't caused him to starve. "Let us past!"

"Look, the bombs aren't even falling yet. Maybe it's a false alarm-"

"Pull the other one, it's got bells on!"

"You can't just leave us to die!" protested the woman.

"I'm not...look, can't you just pay the fare? None of you looks poor."

"Nor do you, mate," said the man. "Why don't you pay our fares for us, if your bloody rules require it?"

"But...there must be scores of you! I couldn't afford..."

"There are scores of us. I'd like to see you try to keep us out."

The railway employee gulped and stepped out of the way. "Um...all right, all right. Go on through. But if you're going to ride the train, please pay your fares."

The crowd surged past him and down to the platforms. Others had the same idea that Doris had and were carrying their supper with them. Some had even brought pillows and blankets, expecting to be here until morning.

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 pm
by aine
"Well! People can be so rude!" Phyllis goes to the ticket man and asks for three tickets. She's gives one each to Maggie and Doris. "I ain't rich but I am respectable." She nods to the employee and looking round at all the others she goes towards the steps down.

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:41 pm
by DrkRoxas
Seamus gets closer to the ticket guy and pats him in the back.

"Freaking crowd man, everyone gets so ugly when in a dire situation, showing their true colors. Nothing you could've done." he said as he extended his hand with money to pay.

"That's why you gotta pick 'em up one by one." He said as he smiled softly.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:23 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, ma'am," said the railway employee to Phyllis, tipping his hat to her as he accepted the fares. "Sir," he added to Seamus, but he looked flummoxed when Seamus spoke his last line.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:29 am
by Shelfunit
Charles briefly fumbles with his wallet and the food he's carrying before handing over the 1D for a ticket "Just a single please" he asked, looking around to see if any more of the group were still left behind him (and offering to pay if so).
History!,There was technically a government enforced ban on using the Underground as an air raid shelter until the 8th of October 1940,when they did a u-turn on it, and events like this - with the tube workers unable to prevent hordes of people forcing their way down in a panic - helped that decision. Bonus points to the Keeper for historical accuracy!

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, sir," said the man, accepting the fare and handing Charles a ticket.
OOC,Thank you! I knew about it from reading [url=https://twitter.com/realtimewwii]Real Time World War II[/url]. I'm not actually on Twitter, so I "follow" it manually by checking for new tweets every day. This is the second time around, and they're up to November 22, 1940 now. I've been reading it since April 1940/2012. While it will remain prohibited for another month, it doesn't take that long for the authorities to look the other way when people shelter in the Tube.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:52 am
by DrkRoxas
Seamus smiles at the reaction of the guard and passes through, just before watching Charles looking back.

He then decides to go next to him and as usual, hangs his arm around his neck. "Are you thinking of going back there? Come on, I'm not that bad, don't leave" he said with a smirk on his face.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:24 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Do you have any money that would work here?" says Elizabeth to Story quietly. "I don't think I do."

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
Elizabeth did have some coins that were dated no later than 1940 on her; she had checked for older coins when they had been here in 1930. She could easily pay for her own fare and Story's, and Charles was willing to pay for others anyway.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:15 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Though, now I think about it," says Elizabeth, rummaging further to see exactly what she has. "Ah yes, I do have coins. Ok let's pay!" She goes up to the railway employee. "Two singles please," and hands over the money, smiling.
OOC,Thanks Mr Handy! Oops I'd forgotten all that ;)

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, Miss," said the ticket seller with a tip of his cap, handing Elizabeth her tickets.

Everyone paid for tickets (or Charles paid for anyone who couldn't) before proceeding down to the eastbound platform, where people were already settling in for the night. A train pulled in, and the doors of the cars opened. "Queensway Station!" called the conductress from within the nearest car. "Mind the gap!"
OOC,Well, it was a long time ago. That was the summer of 2010 when we started. You passed a Luck roll then to have coins no later than 1930 there, so you shouldn't have to roll again to still have them (plus coins from 1931-1940, which you wouldn't have spent then anyway).

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:17 am
by jaysun81
Story smiles at Elizabeth and then nods at the ticket seller.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:38 pm
by Pastiche
"Right, let's do this!" Benjamin steps into the car, but it's apparent that he does not feel comfortable being closed in so far underground...

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:56 am
by DrkRoxas
Seamus smirks at the train arriving and looks back to Charles and the others.

"So, what's the plan, folks?"

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:43 pm
by aine
Phyllis watches Benjamin with some alarm, "Oh, I thought we were staying here in Queensway, just sheltering. Although, it might be nice to head home to Bethnal Green. Except that there's a bit of a walk at the other end. Oh dear, another night out." She says mournfully.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,While Bethnal Green Station has been constructed and is used as an air raid shelter (in fact, many people died during a panicked stampede there in 1943), the railway line has not been completed as of yet. It was suspended due to the war, and it will only be completed after the war is over. The eastern terminus is currently Liverpool Street Station, so it's somewhat of a long walk, especially if there's an air raid going on at the time.

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:46 am
by Shelfunit
Charles looked around at the platform. "I suggest we move along the platform, as close to the back of the trains as possible, it's usually less crowded there, although in this situation I don't rightly know if it'll be the same..".

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:53 pm
by aine
Phyllis uses her formidable handbag and the odd elbow to good effect. A final pointed look removed a couple of younger men from four seats and she sits down allowing Maggie and Doris to take a pew also. "Would you like a seat, Mr?" She says to Story, who did seem to be the oldest there.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:06 pm
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth grins at Phyllis's question. "Maybe that's a good idea Story? I'll stay standing nearby, whatever." She looks around, trying to absorb as much detail as possible. She knew about the underground bomb shelters during her childhood, but obviously never experienced them herself. Looking back at the group she pauses, before saying "I think we should stay here for now. We should be safe. Perhaps we could take this opportunity to compare notes about what is going on and what we've found out? And then work out what to do next?"

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 am
by jaysun81
Story smiles at Phyllis and nods in agreement with Elizabeth, "You know, I think I might." As he sits down he says, "Being cramped up under that shelter's cot was a most unpleasant way to spend the evening."

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Those of you who have not previously failed a Sanity roll the previous night for enduring the Blitz must make another Sanity roll for tonight, with a Sanity loss of 0/1. I believe the people who need to roll are [b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Phyllis[/b], and [b]Anna[/b]. Please feel free to continue discussing and planning among yourselves.

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:59 am
by jaysun81
OOC,Sanity: 76% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 am
by yockenthwaite
OOC,Sanity 60% (I think) at mo, [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:09 am
by DrkRoxas
"Well, Anna, Charles and I didn't find much in the house, we searched for a good while to no avail"

He said as he sat down near the others, starting to plan out their next movements, with a grin on his face.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:04 pm
by Shelfunit
"Indeed we did not" added Charles "We just found a letter to Captain Steadman from a Captain Dominic Travers, about a small "coffin-like object", which contained a stone, or gem of some sort, and a ledger entry indicating that Captain Steadman had purchased this from Captain Travers for £1000, back on Halloween 1938" repeating his earlier summation of what was discovered during the burglary. "Sadly the air raid warden came before we had a chance to explore the top floor of the house, so who knows what we would have found otherwise..."

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:27 pm
by aine
Phyllis looks from one man to the other thinking that 'not much' was actually quite a lot and that the 'burglars' are really not trustworthy.

"That really doesn't have any connection to a deranged old woman or a savage beast roaming the streets of London though, does it?" And that less time spent burglering and more time checking the premises might have been more productive.

"Doris says that Catherine Exeter has been staying with the Steadmans when she ought to be constrained at the asylum. The least we can do is help the authorities get her back into custody."

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:01 am
by yockenthwaite
"So Mrs Exeter has been in the house after all?" says Elizabeth to Phyllis. "Sorry Story," she says, looking to her friend. "Your vigil out in the cold was in vain. But at least we know where she was," she says, turning back to the others. "Now who can we tell ..."

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:56 pm
by aine
"Well, Maggie and I were heading to the asylum in a round about sort of way to notify them. And that young nurse, Anna, is something to do with the hospital I thought." Phyllis looks round for her. "I don't suppose we can do much about Mrs Exeter down here anyway, but at least we should be safe."

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:16 pm
by jaysun81
Story smiles and shrugs, "No worries. It provided ample time to consider the future.". To Phyllis he says, "We should be most cautious when dealing with Mrs Exeter. If she's behind the thing that has being going bump in the night - which I believe she is - we want to limit innocent lives being harmed or worse."

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:25 am
by Mr. Handy
"I'm a doctor, actually, not a nurse," said Anna, who was nearby. "I'll need to go to the sanitarium in the morning anyway, so I can let them know then."
OOC,HelplessBystander hasn't posted in this game in quite some time and is rather busy right now, so I'll temporarily run [b]Anna[/b] as an NPC. I still need that Sanity roll from [b]Phyllis[/b]. [b]Anna[/b]'s Sanity roll (current level 80) for enduring the second night of the Blitz: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:39 pm
by aine
"In any case, we can eat our supper." Phyllis opens up the food and passes it round her immediate neighbours. "I can't see how a woman past her prime can have anything to do with any savage beast, Mr Story. You look like you've seen a thing or two in your time but surely that's past belief."

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:20 am
by jaysun81
Story looks at her and says, "Oh I have seen things, too many terrible things if I'm honest. I don't discount anything anymore, great evil lurks within every person..." He looks away and continues, "It just needs to be tapped into, and when it is, terrible things happen, terrible decisions are made, and horrible deals are struck."

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:48 pm
by aine
Phyllis looks askance at Story; the stalwart member of the Women's Institute is surprised that evil lurks even in her own heart, she has a good search.
Sanity check,Roll: 1% (wish I could save that one for later! Sorry Mr H for tardiness)

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's okay, I'm not in any rush. I didn't have time to update this week anyway. Feel free to keep roleplaying. I'll try to wrap up the other thread and bring everyone together as soon as I can.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Please let me know when you're ready to call it a night and move on to the next day. Are you going to the church first thing in the morning as soon as the all clear sounds, or is there somewhere else you want to go?

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:17 pm
by yockenthwaite
"At least we should be safe here," says Elizabeth. "Not just from the German bombs, but also from flying monsters in the sky. We might as well make ourselves as comfortable as possible, until the all clear is sounded. We may be here until the morning."

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 pm
by aine
ooc,What, no giant rats?;)
Phyllis settles into her seat. "I suppose we'll just wait for the 'all clear'. At least we are safe down here. Then I'd like to walk Doris back to her house and maybe check on the Steadmans' house. Once the tubes are running again tomorrow we can head back to the church in Bethnal Green, perhaps stopping at the hospital if the young doctor thinks we should."

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:03 am
by Mr. Handy
"We don't all need to stop at the hospital," said Anna. "I can go there myself and then catch up with the rest of you at the church later."

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
All of them went to sleep, as well as they could under the circumstances, awakening in the morning when the trains started running again. The all clear couldn't be heard from this deep underground, but word soon spread once it did. Everyone boarded the first train eastbound and got off at Liverpool Street Station. Anna parted ways with them to head to work at Maxwell's Sanitarium, while the rest went to St. James's Church.
OOC,Everyone except [b]Anna[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
On the Third Day
OOC,[b]Anna[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Madhouse