August 18 - 10.30 PM - The Tunnels

Portland, Maine
August, 1928.
Steven Gilbert is a wealthy businessman, a leading exponent of the bourgeoisie of the roaring twenties. He sees his heritage project going up in smoke, when Timothy, his only six-year-old son, disappears.
A group of investigators will try to find his missing son. The group may include:

1) Police detectives
2) Private detective hired by Gilbert
3) Relatives or friends strongly motivated to find the missing kid

But Timothy´s disappearance is not the only gloomy burden weighing on the Gilbert family. Alyssa, Timothy's mother, committed suicide one year ago, and the reason for such an extreme action is still obscure.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Re: August 18 - 10.30 PM - The Tunnels

Post by robertod »

The prisms of the structures (the point of the triangle directed towards the center of the circle, having different shades being one darker and the others gradually lighter) has something familiar. They resamble something the group found inside the Anderson secret room:
OOC:   See https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 4&start=60
Post Wed Oct 16, 2019  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Wait, that stone disk!" says Kathryn, taking it out of her purse. "I think it's supposed to go in the middle of the circle. It also had one darker triangle and the rest gradually lighter, just like the circle here. The dark triangle on the disk should be aligned with the dark prism around the circle, and the lighter triangles lined up with the lighter prisms. The light from the prisms should catch the disk. I wonder if this circle is the way to K'n-yeil. Maybe if we stand in the center with the desk, we'll be able to get there."
OOC,Thanks, I'd forgotten about that!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

"Huh. Forgot all about that. No wonder, with all this craziness goin' on. Worth a try, I guess. That K-whatever place can't be worse than down here, anyway. I'm game if you are."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then let's do it," says Kathryn. Once they're all standing in the middle of the circle, she holds up the disc and aligns it with the prisms as she had described.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “The Sign of Virgo”