August 18 - 2.00 PM - Atique shop - Emma and Kathryn

Portland, Maine
August, 1928.
Steven Gilbert is a wealthy businessman, a leading exponent of the bourgeoisie of the roaring twenties. He sees his heritage project going up in smoke, when Timothy, his only six-year-old son, disappears.
A group of investigators will try to find his missing son. The group may include:

1) Police detectives
2) Private detective hired by Gilbert
3) Relatives or friends strongly motivated to find the missing kid

But Timothy´s disappearance is not the only gloomy burden weighing on the Gilbert family. Alyssa, Timothy's mother, committed suicide one year ago, and the reason for such an extreme action is still obscure.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

August 18 - 2.00 PM - Atique shop - Emma and Kathryn

Post by robertod »

The shop of Mettew Coleridge on top of the Hill is a small chalet. Wood made sculptures and handicrafts are placed outside as decoration, forming a fairly varied collection. A good choice of tasteful stuff, considering it is a small shop in a small town. Inside are shelves, with objects arranged in an orderly manner according to type and date. All objects have a label that shows the origin of the object and the year of manufacture.
The rifle the group found in the cave was one of these objects.

A part of the store offers antiques, mainly Victorian furniture. Another section, instead, exhibits crafts: object worked in iron or wood, ceramics and fabrics. There´s one person inside, probably the owner. He´s an old white-haired man with a small mouth and arched eyebrows. He wears a pullover that covers the short neck. He welcomes the potential customers with a cordial greeting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: August 18 - 2.00 PM - Atique shop - Emma and Kathryn

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good afternoon, Mr. Coleridge," says Kathryn, gesturing to the rifle that Emma carries. "We found this rifle, and it looks like it came from your shop. We were hoping you might remember to whom you sold it so that we can find its rightful owner."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Matt wears his glasses, to take a closer look to the object. He studies the object focusing the attention on its features. He looks a calm and patient man, whose relaxed and carefree life allowed him to devote himself to the passion for antiquity. He recognizes the object.

"I remember of this. I sold it to Father Colby some months ago. Actually, I was surprised, I wandered what he was buying it for.. He had never set foot in my shop... and he did it to buy a rifle... I think he has never used a gun in his whole life. Really seems he did not make good use of it... looks like encrusted with salt... "
Secrets rolls (Psychology),[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
The man has an unusual face, while he continues to look at the gun and passes it from one hand to the other. Something seems to disturb him... a veil of concern.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, it was rather careless of him," says Kathryn. "Have you seen Father Colby around lately?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

"Yes, I saw him early today. He was moving around the Church. He looked scared or anxious, and seems to be looking for something. And also... he had a bandage wrapped aorund his hand.", replies the shop keeper.

"Sincerely, I have the impression there´s something wrong with him.. but could not figure out what... he´s always been a strange guy.. I wouldn´t
recommend giving back a gun in his hands...
"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathryn nods. "You're right, Mr. Coleridge," says Kathryn. "We'll just hold on to it for now. Thank you for your help." If Emma is ready to leave, she plans to head back to Selma's house.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by Turstrigo »

"A man wielding a gun he doesn't know how to use is his own brand of danger. I wonder what drove him to such measures..." Emma notices that Kathryn is ready to leave. "Once again, thank you sir. Have a nice day."

Return to “The Sign of Virgo”