August 18 - 10.00 AM - Jeremy´s Clark house

Portland, Maine
August, 1928.
Steven Gilbert is a wealthy businessman, a leading exponent of the bourgeoisie of the roaring twenties. He sees his heritage project going up in smoke, when Timothy, his only six-year-old son, disappears.
A group of investigators will try to find his missing son. The group may include:

1) Police detectives
2) Private detective hired by Gilbert
3) Relatives or friends strongly motivated to find the missing kid

But Timothy´s disappearance is not the only gloomy burden weighing on the Gilbert family. Alyssa, Timothy's mother, committed suicide one year ago, and the reason for such an extreme action is still obscure.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

August 18 - 10.00 AM - Jeremy´s Clark house

Post by robertod »

Selma lives with her brother Jeremy. Their house is among the poorest in Greyton. It is located on the beach nearby the harbor. It´s a wooden house that looks more like a shack. It has the look of a poorly planned enterprise gone badly wrong. The walls of rough sodden planks are haphazardly wonky allowing brilliant streams of sunlight to crisscross the hut like a crazy tic-tac-toe board. Dirt and moss clung to the grooves of the roof that jutted out, overhanging the walls . Wooden planks are rotted and encrusted with salt and moss. The sand invaded the small courtyard surrounding the house, while the fence is so degraded and falling apart that it is almost non-existent, reduced to a few fragments.

The investigator find Jeremy in the courrtyard, preparing the wood to feed the stove. Jeremy is a handsome young man with brown hair. He´s dressing a pair of dirty long pants and along sleeve shirt. He stops his work as he recognizes Ivy. He turns to her with an inquiring look.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: August 18 - 10.00 AM - Jeremy´s Clark house

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy nods curtly to the young man. Then without further ado she gets straight down to business.

"Your sister Selma, where is she? We've reason to believe she's at risk."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, Darcy's intentions are even worse than we'd thought," adds Kathryn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Jeremy snorts and speaks in a thunderous voice, venting his anger and disappointment.

"Ah ... I don't give a shit anymore. Let her do what she will. We had some words last night.. and I gave up out of rage...

She hanged out once again with Darcy and said she would sleeping at her house. She´s not come back yet.
I got tired of repeating to her I don't like that woman. She doesn't listen to me ...
"

He turns and opens his arms as if to ask for understanding.

"What should I do with her?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks Michael muses to himself. Not out loud, to make sure the others don't realizes he's really a bookworm when nobody's looking. He decides to call the guy's bluff.

"Look, pal. I know how skirts can be real irritatin' sometimes," he says, glancing briefly at his companions and winking at Jeremy. "But I can tell you really care about your sis. She's a good kid, and we don't want to see her get hurt. Besides," he adds, looking at the crummy shack this guy is stuck with, "there might be a couple of bucks in it for you, if you can help us out. Maybe you know a sneaky way to this Darcy dame's mansion, since you're a local guy."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We have to save Selma," says Kathryn. "What Darcy has planned for her...it's worse than death! Nobody deserves such a fate."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Quite so!" Snaps Ivy. "Your sister is in great peril and you stand around sulking like a spoilt child!"

"We should head to the caves - the hill entrance. That's where Darcy took the others."
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Jeremy's face loses his rage and he looks at the investigators with fear and perplexity.

"Peril? Me childish? What the hell are you talking about? As far as I know Darcy gives some liquor to my sister and that´s all. Why should her take her inside the Wellington cave? To do what? Wat does all this mean?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy sighs impatiently, but realises the boy has a point - they haven't actually told him why they fear for his sister.

Therefore she quickly summarises what they have discovered, and how they believe Darcy is leading local women into peril.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

OOC:   Everybody agrees to go to the cave throught the hill entrance?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Unless someone thinks we should go to [b]Darcy[/b]'s house first, but that may be a waste of time. We know where she's planning to take [b]Selma[/b], and we need to get there fast.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC:   Yeah, I think heading to the cave entrance on the hill is best. Checking out Darcy's house would be useful, but I'm not sure we have time. Maybe later?  
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

OOC:   Ok, let´s wait until tomorrow so that VictoriaSilverwolf can say if she agree  
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

Spoiler:
OK by me.

Return to “The Sign of Virgo”