August 18 - 9.30 AM - Jane Norris house

Portland, Maine
August, 1928.
Steven Gilbert is a wealthy businessman, a leading exponent of the bourgeoisie of the roaring twenties. He sees his heritage project going up in smoke, when Timothy, his only six-year-old son, disappears.
A group of investigators will try to find his missing son. The group may include:

1) Police detectives
2) Private detective hired by Gilbert
3) Relatives or friends strongly motivated to find the missing kid

But Timothy´s disappearance is not the only gloomy burden weighing on the Gilbert family. Alyssa, Timothy's mother, committed suicide one year ago, and the reason for such an extreme action is still obscure.

Moderator: robertod

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: August 18 - 9.30 AM - Jane Norris house

Post by Mr. Handy »

"His name is Timothy Gilbert," says Kathryn. "He was taken from Portland, we believe by Jason Carson."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by Turstrigo »

Emma nods. "The boy's my nephew, his mother actually visited Greyton a few years back. Say, do strange things like this happen often near the caves?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy leans towards Michael and whispers:

"Darcy Mooney again. Notice how her name keeps cropping up?"
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

"You ain't just whistlin' Dixie, toots. We better scout around for the real dope on this dame with the fancy moniker, without lettin' her know we we're on her tail."
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

Sarah´s face lights up, and quickly turns to Emma.

"Hey.. wait a minute.. are you talking about Alyssa? She´s been here years ago. At theat time, Carson was her goof. He came from Portland for a visit, and Alyssa came with him. We became friends.. she said she would write me, but I haven´t heard anything from her. Is this missing boy Alyssa´s son? I didn´t even know she became mother. How is she?"

"Yes... I´ve been thinking about something strange happening in the Wellington cave... some years ago a woman called Weeks was found on Kenneth beach in a state of confusion, I think it was nearby the cave entrance. She claimed to have been raped."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, Emma is Alyssa's sister, and Timothy is her son," says Kathryn. "We believe Carson may have brought Timothy to Greyton. I'm sorry, but she passed away about a year ago. We heard about Emma Weeks, but we don't know the details. Is she related to Amanda Weeks?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Sarah's face becomes gloomy and sad, but something in her intuition seemed to have already thought that Alyssa could have come to a bad end. She decides not to ask how she died. She takes this opportunity to have found someone who share her fears.

"Yes.... Emma Weeks was found on Kenneth beach. Emma and Amanda are sisters. Nine months after her accident, Emma generated an abortion. Despite her insistence, they never allowed her to see the fetus.

Something happened to Mary Jane, Emma and even Alyssa. Something related to the Wellington cave and to Darcy Moore. Then... something happened to their offspring. Nobody here in town would ever investigate this. Darcy is too popular.

Only two people tried, but without any luck. One is Father Colby. He knew details about Emma and Mary Jane's accidents, from her confessions. The other is Martin Thompson, Amanda´s boyfriend. He disappeared at sea...

It´s... something here... in this town... I cannot explain... Since I´ve moved here from the West Hills, I´ve been feelin' something strange. Strange things have been comin' to my mind, after two weeks since I´ve moved here. I begin to realize I was the worst side of myself, and so I found were the other people. At the beginning, such things were disturbing, but now they seem to become normal… and I´m afraid of that. Please, believe me. I´m not crazy.

"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

It takes a second before Ivy manages to translate Michael's slang, after which she nods in agreement.

She listens to Sarah's tale with a sense of growing alarm.

"What's the betting that Selma, the waitress at the inn, is next? Her brother was very concerned about her talking to Darcy, and no wonder!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathryn shivers as Sarah gives her account. "I believe you, Sarah," she says. "We haven't been in Greyton long, but we've already seen some things ourselves. We have to talk to Selma's brother and let him know, and then go with him to warn her about Darcy. How could she do that to other women? Where exactly is the Wellington cave?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Sarah horrifies when Ivy talks about Selma.
"Selma! Darcy has targeted her now? Oh my God. I ... I can tell you where she lives. We need to stop her."

"There are two entrances to the Wellington cave. I can take you there. One is at the top of Wellington Hill, the other at Kenneth beach. To enter from the beach, however, you have to wait for the tide to fall, which would be this afternoon."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy purses her lips, deep in thought.

"I think we had better make sure that Selma is safe before we go rushing off anywhere."

"Once we are satisfied that Darcy cannot get to her, then we should investigate the caves. Knowing how the sea-front can be... challenging... maybe we should explore them via Wellington Hill."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

"Good thinkin'. It looks like little Miss Darcy has this whole town wrapped around her finger, so we're not likely to get much help from the locals. They're too scared, and maybe some of 'em are workin' for her. I'd like to talk to her boyfriend, what's-his-name, this Simon guy. I figure he's under her spell, too, and maybe not too happy about it. Might be able to get us an in, help us figure out what game this dame is playin'. Some kind of black market baby racket, maybe. Meanwhile, we've got to keep Selma safe, without givin' her the heebie-jeebies."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree," says Kathryn, "our first priority must be to warn Selma."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

After taking some notes, Ivy snaps her notepad shut.

"Quite so. Let us ensure Selma's safety and then find out whatever we can on this Darcy."

She nods curtly to Sarah.

"Thank you, you've been very helpful. I hope your sister's condition improves."

Return to “The Sign of Virgo”