August 17 - 10.00 PM – Greyton

Portland, Maine
August, 1928.
Steven Gilbert is a wealthy businessman, a leading exponent of the bourgeoisie of the roaring twenties. He sees his heritage project going up in smoke, when Timothy, his only six-year-old son, disappears.
A group of investigators will try to find his missing son. The group may include:

1) Police detectives
2) Private detective hired by Gilbert
3) Relatives or friends strongly motivated to find the missing kid

But Timothy´s disappearance is not the only gloomy burden weighing on the Gilbert family. Alyssa, Timothy's mother, committed suicide one year ago, and the reason for such an extreme action is still obscure.

Moderator: robertod

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: August 17 - 10.00 PM – Greyton

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's probably too late to call on the priest tonight," says Kathryn, "but we can see him first thing in the morning."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by jp1885 »

robertod wrote:""But.. why.. do you think this boy you are looking for might be hidden inside there?" he asks with an amused smile, finding the question unusual[/color]
"Oh, it's a possibility. After all, caves attract adventurous young boys like magnets."

Ivy thanks Jeremy for his time and returns inside to look for his sister.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by robertod »

Jeremy's sister is still inside the inn. She's working, going back and forth from the tables room to the kitchen.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

"Looks like this Darcy dame wears the pants in the family," Michael whispers to Kathryn. "Might wanna keep an eye on her while we're in town, see if she knows more than she's saying. Meanwhile," he continues with a yawn, "I'm about ready for some shut-eye. Looks like this old altar boy is going to be paying a visit to the padre in the morning. Saturday, he should be hearing confession, oughta have some time to answer some questions."
Turstrigo
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by Turstrigo »

Emma frowned when Jeremy mentioned Jason moving away. When she and Ivy return inside she says in a low voice "If he's really in Portland, then my nephew might've actually been closer than I thought. Though, that's assuming that Jason is in fact involved."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"Indeed - I'd hate to have made a wasted journey, but at least the Portland police are still searching, so if he's there he'll be found. However this place does chime in with Timothy's drawings and dreams, so there's also a chance he's here."

Ivy briefly brings Mike and Kathyrn up to speed with what she and Emma have learned, warning them to be suspicious of Darcy and Michaud.

She flips through her notebook, noting the places and people they need to visit: Father Colby, sea captain Thomas Cornel, Martin's girlfriend Amanda and the Wellington Caves.

Realising that it's getting late, she calls over Jeremy's sister to order a nightcap.

"Please deliver it up to my room, then I can talk to you about your brother."
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

The waitress reaches Ivy in her upstairs room. She gives her the nightcap Ivy asked for. Selma is a young and cute brunette. Her smile and posture unveils some inexperience and ingenuity in her attitudes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wouldn't have known, not being Catholic," Kathryn replies to Michael. "We do have a number of leads in Greyton to follow up on tomorrow, and they may open up further avenues of investigation. I suppose we should call it a night."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

After falling into bed, Michael's loud snores can be heard from neighboring rooms.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Ivy rolls her eyes at the sound of Mike's snoring. She thanks Selma for the drink.

"It's late, so I'll be brief. Your brother is worried about you. I daresay, being young, that you find this town rather boring. You'd rather some excitement and fun, yes? That's understandable, but you still need to watch out for yourself. Always question the motives of people such as Michaud and Darcy. Be wary of what they offer you."

She prepares to settle for the night, dismissing Selma with a curt nod and a small tip.

"I will see you tomorrow. In the meantime, please think twice about doing anything you wouldn't normally want to do..."
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Selma smiles
"Oh... so you met my brother, Miss. You know... he thinks he's doing the role of the protector now."

He makes a grimace of dissent and superficiality, as if this were not a big problem, and above all .. not a problem of hers.

"He just keep complaining... the man he was discussing with ... he's Michaud, one of the riches in the area ... the woman with him was Darcy.
She's Jeremy's ex-girlfriend, and he now hates her. So here begins and here ends Jeremy's protective mission... I understand his rage.. but.. I shouldn´t be involved in that.. and Darcy never did anything bad to me
"

She raise her shoulders and wishes good night to Liza before leaving her room.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Michael wakes up the next morning, sees if he can get a big plate of ham and eggs, and asks where the local Catholic church is located.

Return to “The Sign of Virgo”