August 17 - 3.00 PM - Gilbert´s house – Michael

Portland, Maine
August, 1928.
Steven Gilbert is a wealthy businessman, a leading exponent of the bourgeoisie of the roaring twenties. He sees his heritage project going up in smoke, when Timothy, his only six-year-old son, disappears.
A group of investigators will try to find his missing son. The group may include:

1) Police detectives
2) Private detective hired by Gilbert
3) Relatives or friends strongly motivated to find the missing kid

But Timothy´s disappearance is not the only gloomy burden weighing on the Gilbert family. Alyssa, Timothy's mother, committed suicide one year ago, and the reason for such an extreme action is still obscure.

Moderator: robertod

robertod
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

August 17 - 3.00 PM - Gilbert´s house – Michael

Post by robertod »

As Michael backs at the Gilbert house, he finds Katie opening the door for him. Gilbert is upstairs, waiting in his study. He is impatient to receive news. As Michael enters the study, Steven reads on detective´s face that the he has something important to say.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: August 17 - 3.00 PM - Gilbert´s house – Michael

Post by VictoriaSilverwolf »

"Listen up, Gilbert," Mike growls. "You ain't been square with me, and I don't like it. If you wanna get your kid back in one piece, you better 'fess up."

He tells him everything he's found out about the marks on the boy's neck, and how Gilbert tried to hide them.

"So, you wanna tell me all about it, or would you rather go downtown and make a formal statement?"
Spoiler:
Intimidate = 44%[dice]0[/dice]
Gilbert looks shaken by the detective's rude manner.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Gilbert looks down, as if he were deeply ashamed to meet the glance the detective. His voice is deeply embarassed and saddened.

"Mr. O'Shaugnessy.. please have a seat. You are right. There´s something I didn´t tell you... I apologize... It´s something difficult to accept even for my self and I really hoped telling this would not be... important to find my son."

Gilbert looks at the detective as if he were the jury and him the defendant.

"I didn´t have the courage to make publish this thing and I wanted to be able to keep it hidden. I tried to keep this secret to avoid spreading details about Alyssa's madness. I wanted everyone who knew my wife to keep the best remembrance of her."

He takes a breath, to get to the point.

"Something happened the night Alyssa died. I was in my studio, she stayed in bed all day, then suddenly she woke up and went into the boy's room. Suddenly ... I heard Timothy screaming. I ran there. Alyssa ... her hands were tightening Timothy's throat.... She was trying to strangle her own son ... with all her strength ... If I had not stopped her ... Timothy would have died. When I finally took her hands out of him, he run downstairs and hid somewhere. Alyssa ran away. Timothy was afraid ... he didn´t want to leave the house and I did´t want to leave him alone at home. We both were schocked and didn´t know what to do. We´ve been waiting for her to come back home. Next morning, they her body hanged in the park. Now you know it Mr. O'Shaugnessy..... Alyssa wanted to kill her son."

Gilbert seems sincere in what he says. Deep sorrow can be clearly see in his face. Michael remembers about what the housekeeper told about that night. She was downstairs (OOC: see the "cues" thread). If what Gilbert has said is true, the boy was running away from Alyssa, not from Gilbert.
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Sorry I had to put you through that, Mister Gilbert, but we gotta know everything to track down the boy. I'll be back in touch."

The detective takes his leave, eager to catch up with the others and share this information.
robertod
Keeper
Keeper

Post by robertod »

Gilbert's face relaxes, as if relieved that the tension of conversation has diminished.
"Don´t worry, if your investigations needed it, you had to know that. I´ve hoped there wouldn´t be no need... but I have been unresponsable. What if Alyssa has been dealing with someone else that now wants to do something bad to my son? I trust your work, detective. Please, let me know as soon as you find something."
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Will do."

Mike heads over to the police archive to find Ivy.

Nuts. Just missed her. Guess I'll try to make my way to this school.

Return to “The Sign of Virgo”